“My 50th Birthday experience!”
Review of Macao Surf Camp

Macao Surf Camp
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Group Surf Lessons at Macao Surf Camp - Punta Cana Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Three Jesus loving friends with more than 30 years of experience, got together to share their Stoke and all the benefits that Surfing gave them through their life; teaching kids from 4 to 76 years old to Surf, to respect the ocean and nature in general. We are in one of the most beautiful and undeveloped beaches of the Dominican Republic, on the Punta Cana area: Macao Beach, a localism free beach where everybody is welcome, with six different breaks and one of the safest beaches to learn how to surf, and yet exciting enough for experienced surfers. Literally making dreams come true, specially for those that dreamed all their life about riding waves, for those that want to make Surfing their main sports activity, and also for those that just want to get Surfing out of their "bucket list". Surf Shack with showers and lockers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family and friends picked Punta Cana as the place to go to celebrate my birthday...well I couldnt have been more pleased. To make it more perfect we went surfing..and found a magical beach, the nicest people and definately not something to miss!! I had been writing to Rafael for months and when we got there he remembered the birthday girl. He said not to worry and everything he promised was even more than what we expected! He picked us up from our hotel, we did our surfing lessons, had an incedible lunch and spent the afternoon in the sun. The men in black were great instructors and Ramon was our Photographer! We came home with the most amazing pictures...a memory to remember. It was so good we took a group of 7 the following week! They made me grilled lobster for my birthday lunch...and lots of cold cold beers..A big thank you to everyone. Cant wait to go back :)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We surfed with Macao Surf Camp in December: that was the highlight of our vacation! Everything was just awesome: we got picked from the hotel on time, the team was expecting us and made us feel welcome, the instructors were patient and supportive. This was our first ever surfing experience and not only we had a great time, but we surfed, and are looking forward to do it again. We had our 6 year old with us and the instructors were great with him; he turned out to be natural. Highly recommend the camp and if we are back in Punta Cana we'll definitely go back! The pictures are professional and totally worth buying! Amazing experience!

1  Thank vakantsia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I returned to Macao Surf Camp in December 2013, after surfing there in 2012. My first visit in 2012 was awesome! Now, a year later, the people are still great, the beach is still great, and the surfing is still great! Rafael is a pleasure to deal with. He drove me back to the hotel. Very professional.
I had a hard time getting up on the board this time. Last year the staff took me out further, which gave me more time to get up on the board. But, all in all, the experience was just as good as my last review.
The reason I gave the 4 stars instead of 5 is the price. If you can afford it then don't miss it! But, they raised their rates to $115.00 per person. For less than a couple hours surfing, that is a lot of money. When you go, please tip the guy who carries your board, and takes you out in the water. I tipped $5 and he was very happy.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I spend 4 weeks of my summer holiday in Punta Cana. I like watersports and that is the reason I definitely want to surf. They told me that Macao is the place to be. So I went to the beautiful place Macao and met their Jimmy and Carlos ( owners of the surf school)! Really nice guys and I was amazed how quick I learned to "surf". It was amazing, thanks to Jimmy and Carlos, and of course their great staff!
This was a great experience and I will recommended to everyone!

Ramon

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our surf lesson was the highlight of our trip to DR. Rafael picked us up at our resort and was like a tour guide as he drove us the 20 minute drive. The beach was amazing!! Only 4 other people on the entire beach. The instructors were great everyone in our group surfed. This is a trip that you have to make. After your lesson make sure to grab a bite to eat at the surf shack. The plates are $10 a piece and it was truly the best food we had on the island. This was one of the best surfing destinations that I have ever seen.