“Great time!!”

$95.00*
and up
Group Surf Lessons at Macao Surf Camp - Punta Cana Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Three Jesus loving friends with more than 30 years of experience, got together to share their Stoke and all the benefits that Surfing gave them through their life; teaching kids from 4 to 76 years old to Surf, to respect the ocean and nature in general. We are in one of the most beautiful and undeveloped beaches of the Dominican Republic, on the Punta Cana area: Macao Beach, a localism free beach where everybody is welcome, with six different breaks and one of the safest beaches to learn how to surf, and yet exciting enough for experienced surfers. Literally making dreams come true, specially for those that dreamed all their life about riding waves, for those that want to make Surfing their main sports activity, and also for those that just want to get Surfing out of their "bucket list". Surf Shack with showers and lockers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milford
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Daniel picked us up at our hotel and my husband and daughter thought this was the best thing we did while visiting the DR. Daniel told us great stories and the entire staff were very helpful and friendly. Jack kept me company on the beach and we had a blast! Highly recommend. Bring sunscreen and water!

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Pittsburgh, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Macau Surf Camp was da bomb!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Actually it was June 2011 that I did the Macao Surf Camp. Back then, it wasn't even on Trip Advisor to review or as an activity to do. To even know about it it was word of mouth, find the email off someone else's review, and contact them directly to set it up. Now they have a website, and it's listed as the #2 thing to do in Punta Cana. I'm not surprised. The camp was amazing.

They pick you up at your hotel, drop you off at the Macao beach for about 2 hours and then take you back. While at the beach they give you some instructions on land and then send you out into the water with your own private instructor. You take a break about half way through to enjoy some fresh coconut water. A professional photographer snaps pictures the whole time and you can buy a CD of them for a reasonable fee. We had over 100 pictures on our disc. It was an amazing day at the beach.

A few tips: bring sunblock and some snacks with you. And if you own your own rash guard shirt it comes in handy too. Otherwise, I think they have them for you to use. And remember this is the Caribbean, mon. Everything moves a little slow and is laid back, so don't fret it if things take on a leisurely pace.

KC

Visited June 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent experience for all ages!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just turned 51 and have always wanted to surf but never had the chance. I've been reading Trip Advisor for a couple of years and all the reviews for Macao Surf were very positive. So when I had a chance i booked. Gustavo and "Jack the surfing dog" picked me up at my hotel. After the initial group class I was given Johnny as my one-on-one trainer in the water. He was very helpful and he helped me feel safe in the water. I was getting up on the board within minutes! It was very much fun.

Thanks to Gustavo, Rafael, Ramon, Rodolfo (who took excellent pictures) and Johnny and all the gang for making this the best excursion that I've ever been on. And of course big hugs to Jack! Can't say enough how much fun and laid back the atmosphere there was, and how friendly and kind everyone was. Can't wait until next year!

Shout out to Mr. Chocolate at the local eatery who will get you a fresh lobster if you ask him to! :-)

Mobile, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

On a girls get away vacation with 6 friends. We stayed at Dreams Punta Cana (awesome). One friend had surf camp on her "bucket list." They picked up all six of us and charged a nominal transportation fee for the 5 of us that were not surfing. The entire team was wonderful. Rafael was extremely professional, yet personable. They cooked the most excellent meal for all 6 of us following my friend's lesson. The beach was beautiful. The shopping was nice - not too aggressive as some report. It was a lovely, lovely experience. If you want to learn to surf, call on Rafael and his team. If you want to visit a beautiful beach that is not part of a resort, this is it!

Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Experience - Excellent People - Thanks Rafael”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Macao Surf Camp http://macaosurfcamp.com/ was a great experience. Rafael was very accommodating as our group decided on which day to surf. He sent over a driver / van to pick us up for the 15 minute ride from our hotel. Once there, Rafael greeted us like old friends - gave us instructions – said a small prayer – and sent us to surf. Each surfer had a local surfer in the water with us to help us catch a wave, retrieve our board, and provide instructions. Nice touch having the 1-1 attention. Rafael came out with us and made sure everyone caught a wave. We surfed for 2 hours – with a 15 minute break in the middle to enjoy some coconut water. I bought a picture CD at the end of the day for the memories. Overall excellent experience and look forward to doing again the next time we are back in Punta Cana area.
THANKS RAFAEL