“Best excursion I've ever done!”
Review of Macao Surf Camp

Macao Surf Camp
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Group Surf Lessons at Macao Surf Camp - Punta Cana Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Three Jesus loving friends with more than 30 years of experience, got together to share their Stoke and all the benefits that Surfing gave them through their life; teaching kids from 4 to 76 years old to Surf, to respect the ocean and nature in general. We are in one of the most beautiful and undeveloped beaches of the Dominican Republic, on the Punta Cana area: Macao Beach, a localism free beach where everybody is welcome, with six different breaks and one of the safest beaches to learn how to surf, and yet exciting enough for experienced surfers. Literally making dreams come true, specially for those that dreamed all their life about riding waves, for those that want to make Surfing their main sports activity, and also for those that just want to get Surfing out of their "bucket list". Surf Shack with showers and lockers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm so happy i booked this excursion. I will definitely go back for another lesson as soon as possible. I booked my visit via email prior to my vacation. I was by myself for this particular excursion, and as a young female, I was a little bit nervous about it. My fears were completely unfounded - Rafael picked me up at my hotel at 8:30am. He was very friendly and assured me that I would love the camp. He was a very knowledgable tour guide and pointed out many interesting sites, gave me some history of the area, and happily answered my constant questions. His passion for his work was evident.

The camp itself is breathtaking. One of the most gorgeous beaches that I've ever seen. The views alone were worth the money for this adventure.

The staff were all amazing. They were all very friendly and patient... And it is a testament to their teaching skills that I was actually able to get up at all, let alone many times! Special thanks my instructor Sammy! He was amazing!

All in all, this was the most memorable and exciting excursion that I've ever done. It is so well organized and full of people who are happy and excited about their jobs. I am so relieved that I booked this excursion. If you are on the fence at all, just do it!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thanks to Rafael and his crew to help make a great memory while on vacation. Such a blast and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thanks for taking such good care of my husband Paul! He's still raving about his surfing experience! Please give Jack a bottle of water and a big hug for me!! :-)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend & I booked with Rafael but ended up surfing with Daniel Alvarez. (Hey Daniel!) Daniel & his girlfriend picked us up from our resort and drove us to Macao beach. He was friendly and well traveled, just a great hospitable guy. He taught us how to surf on land first, gave us easy "starter" boards and then employees from the surf camp helped us catch waves. This is the best way to learn - figure out balance first, and then learn how to catch a wave. My boyfriend was having a hard time getting it right and Daniel gave him a lot of good tips. We surfed for about 3 hours. They also take pictures of you and try to sell it on CD but bargain them down. My last offer was $20 I think. I can't remember how much we paid for surfing, maybe $90 each (they gave us a deal for the two of us) and it was absolutely worth the money.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A few weeks ago I was in Punta Cana celebrating my birthday. The owner of our rental called Rafael after we told her we were interested in surfing lessons. As my kids say, OMG!!! I had soooo much fun. I must admit I was a bit nervous but when the father had us get in a circle and said a little prayer after our lesson on the sand, I knew I was in good hands. Rafael was the best!!! Thank you so much for making my first experience a great one. If I ever make my way back to DR, I will be back for more lessons. In the meantime I'm in Barbados with my 14, 9, and 6 year olds and guess what we're doing Wednesday?....that's right! Surf lessons. I had an all around amazing experience and would highly recommend it to others visiting Punta Cana!