Tripadvisor
Punta Cana
13,493 results
All reviews seaside grill entertainment team la riviera eddie murphy preferred club spaghetti juan manuel the lazy river pool pool bar sexy chocolate our honeymoon unlimited vacation club swim up room preferred area tropical view welcome home mama juana
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a while since the last time I stayed for a long period in a resort. This winter I left my wife and kids at home to take a trip to Punta Cana, I had to.
I travel 'solo' very often, and I usually stay quiet and don't meet new friends... but in this occasion, probably because of the long stay (almost one month) and some people who was in a similar situation (without their families), I lived a completely different experience. Everymorning we had breakfast very early (and as the hotel beach is looking to the east, I loved to see the sunrise just before), together again had lunch in the afternoon, and dinner at night, always in the same table. Miguel and Felix hosted us in the restaurant, and treated us like real friends.
In the bars, Wanda and Rosmery gave us a great service, I can tell they were always there to offer us delicious cocktails in the 'plaza'.
During this stay, I specially enjoyed the shows and the parties: always had been a disco guy, but in this occasion I went to their silent disco and awsome beach parties, and Nany, a profesional dancer of the hotel staff, teached me how to dance 'bachata' and 'merengue'. She and their friends helped my friends and I to spend a really good time in the resort, they are the best entertaiment team I ever met!
I will be back very soon, for sure!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank guitianiglesias
eConcierge S, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guitianiglesias,

Thank you for selecting Secrets Royal Beach for your long waited solo trip. Thanks for your kind review and the valuable time you invested to share your comments and thoughts with us. We are so happy to see that you had an excellent experience with us that you were able to make new friends unexpectedly. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our shows, activities and experimented first- hand the well- known friendliness of our team. We will definitely share your compliments with the associates you mentioned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been to many secrets preferred clubs in Mexico and Jamaica. Have to say that this is the best integration of the preferred with the actual preferred resort area. Many times the lounge is an afterthought that you seldom use. Here it is a focal point of the preferred resort area.

There were many available chairs in many types of locations: pool, deck, beach, etc. And they did a good job of preserving these for our exclusive use. Service around the pool, lounge, beach was fantastic.

Our butler, Martin, went above and beyond to ensure that our time here was the best that it could be!

Our room was steps away from the lounge and beach, pool area. Very convenient.

For the preferred area, you are sandwiched between a Now resort and the secrets. Not the most tranquil but they did their best with ambient music to mitigate the loud pumping music on both sides.

Regarding food, I have been to some amazing secrets restaurants. Here, I thought the Italian and Oceania were pretty good. The Asian was not and going over to the Now for French may be great for the Now chain but not secrets.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear dbeiko,

First of all, thank you for your loyalty to our hotel chain. Thank you for the time invested to describe your experience. We’re overjoyed that we are your home away from home. It is also nice to know you loved our upscale accommodations, as the great integration of the Preferred services into our hotel. We manage to provide our guests with a premium experience and by your comment, we infer you experimented it.

We really hope to hear from you shortly.

General manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had never been to an all inclusive resort before, and I had never been out of the United States. From beginning to end, my visit EXCEEDED every expectation I had! Everyone on staff, was courteous and professional! Everyone was friendly and helpful! My room was fantastic, spacious and clean! The food was great, the bars were great! I would highly recommend this property to all of my family and friends! I even intend to go back, one day!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear JeanGio1970,

We appreciate you chose Secrets Royal Beach for your first all- inclusive experience. Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience. We are so happy to see that you had an excellent experience with us. We always strive to ensure that each of our guests has a memorable and flawless experience from beginning to end and that our hospitality exceeds your expectations and it is a major honor to learn it was your case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

14 of us traveled to SRB and had a wonderful time. Resort is top notch, staff goes above and beyond to accommodate each traveler. Never had a problem getting into any restaurant with our large group. Rooms are beautiful, grounds are meticulously kept, beach has beautiful sand and you can walk for miles.Entertainment staff does a fantastic job. Too many great people here to mention by name, but they all left a lasting impression! Thanks SRB, we'll be back!

Dear skstelke,

It was a pleasure accommodating you at Secrets Royal Beach during your holidays. Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey in regards to your recent stay.  We are really glad to hear you and your group had a wonderful time. It is also nice to know you loved our upscale accommodations, besides that you were able to enjoy our restaurants along with your group. Your review means so much to us and makes us feel that all the hard work pays off.

We count ourselves lucky for guests like you and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in was too long, over 1hour 30 min. After 3 pm room was not ready.
There was nowhere to eat from 5 pm to 6 pm, after checking in.
Very poor choice of alcohol. And even what they have, they hide and dilute very much.
Although in their advertising they write that the best world drinks - "Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits" - this is an absolute LIE.
Only a couple of times were normal non-diluted drinks after talking with the manager.
"Unlimited natural fruit juices " - it's an absolute LIE.
"Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required" - BIG LIE.
We visited only one restaurant because we had to wait in line for an hour ... and we could not stand it and went to the buffet, which also often had no empty seats, because it is very VERY small!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank alexF8691YI

Dear alexF8691YI,

Thank you for deciding to stay in our property during your holidays. Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. We are sorry if some of our services were not up to the standards you expected. Allow me to clarify that we do have rigorous standards of quality when it comes to food and beverage handling, to the point hat we are audited by an external company for this purpose. Regarding to the restaurants, one of our unique selling point is that our restauarants do not require reservation, in order to provide our guest with freedom sensation. As consequence, it certain times the wait can be longer. We regret the inconveniences.

We apologize for missing the opportunity to exceed your expectations and hope you will consider a return.

General manager