12,106 results
All reviews seaside grill entertainment team eddie murphy la riviera preferred club milky way bao the lazy river pool juan manuel spaghetti pool bar our honeymoon swim up room unlimited vacation club preferred area tropical view welcome home
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Let me start by stating that we are UVC members, so we've visited SEVERAL Secrets & Breathless resorts in Mexico. This was our first visit as a couple to DR, I've stayed at Breathless in DR with girlfriends so my expectations for this resort were not set high. I also read a lot of the comments prior to this trip, so I was skeptical that my husband would like it. However this resort was by far one of our favorites. The property is beautiful, the employees clean everything by hand with soap and water including the machines that have the frozen drinks every night. The bathrooms were always clean and the waitstaff constantly washed their hands. One thing I was advise is to bring some type of probiotic because the food is definitely different. But that will help your system digest it with no problems. Also brush your teeth with bottled water. If you do those things you should be fine as we had no stomach issues and my husband has a very sensitive system.

We also brought floats because they have a beautiful lazy river, but we never had to use them because the resort has plenty. This is our last night so our stay was 12/21 - 12/28. The restaurants on the Secrets side were never busy but the restaurants on the Now side had heavy traffic before 9pm every night. Our room was cleaned everyday, twice a day with no issues whatsoever.

The E team was AWESOME. Eddie Murphy, Milky Way and El Spaghetti were great and always friendly. Our butler Martin checked on us everyday and we never wanted for anything. He set up the room for my husband's birthday with rose petals, champagne and a cake. He also had another cake brought out after our dinner. My husband loved this birthday trip more than any other that we've done and we travel at least 3 times a year to different properties. We will definitely visit this property again because we loved it so much.

3  Thank Travelwifetx
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Jenrry Mateo, Deangelo, Juan P. and Franlkin are amazing and made this experience worthwhile. Great personalities and went out of their way to provide exceptional customer service!

We will probably try somewhere on the Caribbean side next time. The swim up pools here were nice, however, almost too cold to enjoy.

1  Thank SW33062
Hotel Manager D, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear Sherry W.

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate that our staff, service fulfilled your expectations and we will congratulate Jenrry, Deangelo, Juan P and Franklin for their attention.

Related to the pool, consider our pools are ambient temperature.

Thanks for choosing us and we hope you can give us another chance.

Clara Escribano
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2017

I went with my fiancé to celebrate my birthday and we upgraded to the Preferred room. We didn't know it until we got there but the preferred package comes with a butler. Our butler, Marcello was incredible and always on top of everything. Any question we had, or suggestion of where to eat. He also took the liberty to make reservations for my birthday where I was surprised with a cake and all of the wait staff singing Happy Birthday. After dinner we went back to our room and was surprised to see that he had made a bubble bath and had a bottle of champagne on ice for us. My fiancé made a comment to one of the concierges that she loved her earrings and the concierge bought a pair for my fiancé. We were so blown away by the service here that we will be back for our honeymoon.

Room tip: Upgrade to the Preferred, you get a butler. We had Marcello and he made you feel like family.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel A
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at secrets and the first time in the DR. I have been to Mexico and the Caribbean many times. I found the people to be very lovely warm people who really appreciate having you as a guest. Some employees that stood out were Doniel, who from the very beginning went out of his way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Milky Way who is a very fascinating individual and of course Angel who made sure we always had a drink in hand and his way of saying bye was “I love you” lol. There were some things that the resort could work on including the beach vendors. At times it gets hard to relax at the beach because of the vendors stopping you and trying to sell something. I hope the house band doesn’t take this the wrong way but they should learn the words to the songs. I decided to skip the tour where they want to give you coupons for spas, wine etc. which I wished we didn’t have to sit through, although the representatives are very friendly it’s not something they should put guests through the best thing to do is just stand up and walk away politely. On the bright side we found the food to be very good at every restaurant (seaside grill was our favorite) and again the staff went out of their way, we made some dietary request and they accommodated no questions asked. I would visit secrets again.

Reviewed December 25, 2017

Secrets Royal Beach was absolutely gorgeous. The service was impeccable and the food was incredible. I can’t say enough about how friendly the staff is and how they go above and beyond to make sure you are completely satisfied. I loved that we could also eat at the Now Larimar restaurants in addition to the ones at Secrets. The room was very clean and modern. The staff even gave us a wonderful surprise on our anniversary.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Susan V