“We Love Secrets Resorts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“We Love Secrets Resorts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were at this resort in Oct 2012, on my birthday.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated with friendly and accommodating staff. We were greeted with champagne and shown to the bar while our room was prepared. The food was great, the river pool was relaxing, quiet, but more of a live atmosphere near the pool bar, depending on your preferences.

The secrets' resort is attached to the Now Larimar Resort and guests at the Secrets can use all of the restaurants and facilities there. Because we like smaller adult only resorts, the Secrets was perfect. The rooms were comfortable, the resort was very clean, the service, food and drink were very good. We did try restaurants at The Now Larimar, where the food was good, but the service we like better at Secrets. There were people waiting in line which we did not see at Secrets. The beach and ocean were great.
I do have to point out that there is a time share company that works out of this resort. On our first day we were greeted by a member of the unlimited luxury club that offered us a spot at their "welcome breakfast". But it was just a waste of time for us. However they were not pushy.
Casino was small but we still had fun. Disco was also fun but empty most of the time. Oh well maybe we were going too early to bed
We will be back.
Great resort but again we love Secret Resorts

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobby T
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Bobby T
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Secrets Royal Beach, for helping to make your stay memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honored to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,363)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this adults only resort to all. If traveling with Kids the sister resort Now Larimar is excellent. I had a blast at Secrets all inclusive resort with the hubby as our mini vaca. The treated us wonderful. I want to thank the entertainment team, especially Cinthia, Darlin and Milkyway for making us have a blast. The bartenders were on point keeping our glasses filled. Victor, Nelson, Jose, Martinez thanks for all those drinks fellas. The food was excellent. The Sunday late night waitor at Oceania gave excellent service. Cant waitoto go back.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank rheanken
Dear rheanken
Marquette, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my 2nd trip to DR but 1st to secrets. I stayed at the barcelo adults only before and definitely recommend it over this place.
The good: Ana ( lobby bar) & Angel ( pool bar) are AWESOME! ! They kept our mojitos coming. We had a swim up room and Angel would make his rounds and take drink orders and interact with the guests
He was always very kind and personable. Of course the beach views are amazing and kept clean as well as the pool. We never had any problems getting a chair anywhere on resort.
Food: We mostly ate at the buffets on both secrets & now larimar sides. I lived off the fruit, fresh juice & veggies. I was fine with that but whenever I did try other items I wasnt really impressed. The meat is kinda gross. The cheese appears to be reserved at each meal which of course makes you question what else is being reused. My fiancé was very disappointed with the food as well. We did go to spice which was good. Some how we forgot to pack his long pants and they're pretty strick with the dinner dress code so unfortunately we didnt make it to the other places. As Mentioned this is my 2nd visit to the DR and I was sooo looking forward to the coffee but wow did I get a huge let down. I dont know if its because these resorts are American owned vs. my last stay was ( I believe) french owned but either way definitely a lot less quality here in my opinion.
We did the vacations presentation and unless you are retirement age buying in at the highest level I wouldn't recommend getting sucled in. Also, I seemed that the level of customer service went down after we chose not to purchase into the vacation club. Many ppl in the front lobby area were so nice and helpful until the end after we didnt purchase.
We booked the Bavaro runners excursion thru AMR ( I believe??) Or whoever is directly to the left of the check in desk. He was rhe same way, super nice and helpful at 1st but afterwards kind of cocky and rude. The tour itself was AWESOME! !! We highly recommend it! !! And if there's any way to request a specific guide I would highly recommend Jonathan. He was so knowledgable and personable.
We used yellow transfers to& from airport. They were great. We had Tony.
Shopping: if youre into bartering then follow the beach to the right all the way until you see a strip of shacks on the beach. "Target" ( there is also jcp & Walmart) is the best IF you deal with Sammy. We also walked to the palma real shopping " mall". Complete waste of time & money. Everything was ridiculously overpriced.
Rooms: We were really not impressed at all with the rooms. The lighting was terrible, the decore reminds me of Florida or vegas....NOT outdated but just not as nice as I was expecting. They were clean enough though and although we had to continually remind them to fill water & towels it really wasn't that big of a deal. The fact that it was a swim up room with our own lounge chairs and spa tub on patio was great. We did have to clean the tub though and the 1st time we turned it on a terrible smell & color came from it which was completely gross!! We cleaned it again and tried again with no other problems.
We talked to other guests with similar concerns, it was knowing others had similar feelings. Overall it was nice to get away but kinda doubtful we'd return to a secrets or at least this specific secrets.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank beachb0und2010
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear beachb0und2010
First of all, we would like to transmit you how sad we got in the very moment we were aware about your opinions regarding our Hotel, where you can believe that our main concern –and goal – is always achieving the satisfaction of our guests, and becoming their holidays in happy experiences and memories that remain with them beyond their stay amongst us.
We actually want to express our most sincere apologizes if we did not achieve generating in you that feeling and if we were not able to satisfy your expectations at all. You can believe that was not our intention.
On the other hand, we thank you that you took some of your valuable time to send us your professional comments and points of view, because as you perfectly understand, that is the best way we have to be able to focus our corrections in the right way, the preferences of our guests.
Critics like yours, help us to improve the service, that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions, and we are going to work with our food and beverage department for improving our variety. Again, thank you for choosing us for your holidays, and we are glad that above all those little problems you will like to return, and you could enjoy your stay with us
Best regards
bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just back from 8 nights at this luxury hotel, yes, 8 nights as the Thomson Dreamliner was delayed 24 hours and stuck in Mexico, that added to our wonderful holiday, the time went so quick and that extra day was a huge bonus as the resort is fantastic.

Right from check in to check out the staff throughout were extremely pleasant as we have always found in DR, this is 6th time to DR and 1st to Secrets and will not be our last. The hotel grounds are fantastic, kept immaculate, the only thing we were not keen on was there was far too much shade around the pool and its narrow and you couldn't move your beds away from the fixed shades so we spent most days on the beach which was wonderful, beach is to die for if you love the beach, we then spent two days around the Now Larimar pool, which Secrets guests can use of it but they cannot come into Secrets, that was a lovely pool with no shade so maybe summer months not so good, yes there are children in the Now resort but we only had about 12 and it was not a problem.

We only ate in the buffet in Secrets as so much choice we didn't want to chance the other, it is not set out like a buffet restaurant, it is very posh looking and the staff are wonderful in there as well.

Rooms are great, we had a room on ground floor which I don't usually like and did ask before we went for top floor but didn't get, but it was fine, lovely big rooms and Jacuzzi outside on all rooms.

I would suggest you take a mossi spray as the hotel is very close to two huge lakes and the rooms do have them in there, we were fumigated twice but it didn't seen to help but we didn't let this spoil our holiday, just make sure you take some repellent with you.

This hotel is only 20 minutes from the airport so that is another bonus, 1st drop off and last pick up.

The entertainment team work very hard and they are all great, they don't pester you if you don't want to join in, we just watched most of the things and had a great rest.

We will definitely be back in the future.

If you like using wifi equipment this is very expensive 25$ for 25 hours is the minimum and it is hit and miss we heard, we didn't want it anyway but few were asking.

Go and enjoy it, its a great place.

Room Tip: I think all rooms were lovely, depends if you want swim up room, top floor or closer to beach.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chelseabeds
Dear chelseabeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We're actually staying in Secrets royal Beach from 1st March to 5 March 2014 and my impressions are mitigated.
Checkin went very well and they gave us room 5310 on the first floor. During afternoon we wanted to sleep as we were tired from the trip but this was impossible due to the fact that the room is located on the main floor where roommaids, guests are passing by and the isolation of the room is not good at all. Fortunately the reception gave us the day after a room located on the 3rd floor and there it was much more quiet although isolation is the same,
Second thing, I've to put as a negative point is the reservation of the seatings on the beach. A lot of people are reserving already the seats from 6am to 7am and so there is no places afterwards in the shadow. As my wife is very, very sensible to sun we had to get away and find a place near the pool.
Now I'll come to positive critics: Food and beverage choice is excellent. They offer such a variety of vegetables, fruit, meats and desserts that you can't stop eating. Service personal is very friendly, especially Menquis, Gendry, Akon, Nixon alias Milky way, Walmer and the very rest of the staff I forgot to mention. They're always at your attention.
The rooms are very spacious and there is a jacuzzi on the balcony. Amenities are very well except that the hotel ist too much crowded when you come in high season.
I must say that this critic was revised from "satisfactory" to "very good" because management took a lot of care with us after hearing the critics and they gave us late checkout on our departure day. If possible, here are the things that could be handled better in the future:
- Better isolations in the rooms
- Put in place a policy of seat reservation and more important observe it (although it depends on the people and some nationalities are world champions in reserving without shame and then leave the place for hours).

Kind regards, mis sinceros saludos, mit freundlichen Grüssen, mes meilleures salutations,
Edi Lauer

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor are much more quiet, die Zimmern im 3ten Stock sind ruhiger. Verify als...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear edouard_lauer:
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana; on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
Critics like yours, allow us to see the hotel from the point of view of the customer, and see through your eyes as you lived your holiday also you help us to improve the service that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just returned from my first visit to the Dominican, and though reluctant about the trip at first, the staff and accomodations at Secrets turned our visit into a memorable one. Special thanks to Ramon and Jenci, for attending to all the special needs that a family member had. Also, Mery at the front desk was very helpful in attending to a special request we had upon check-in.
If your looking for one special thing to do off the Secrets property, I would strongly recommend the Jungle Excursion that Bram, the Apple rep recommended. Our driver Julio, made the day long trip into the Domincan countryside, one of the highlights of our visit...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank click128
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear click128:
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
Hoping we will see you soon .
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Last minute 3 night stay (Feb. 27-March 2) to escape the horrific winter in the Midwest USA. Check in was quick and was pleased with room (5329) even without special request. Third floor midway between lobby and pool with view of lazy river. Room was large, king bed was extremely comfortable, and shower was large with great water pressure. We spent the majority of our time at the beautiful beach - very clean, with the softest white sand. The beach bar had good quality liquor (better than the pool bar) Absolute, Malibu, JD, and my favorite bottled Budweiser and Coors Light. We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet, with the exception of a full rack of tasty ribs from the beach grill. The buffet was very good. For dinner we enjoyed Oceana at Secrets, Bluewater at NOW and Tamarindo at NOW. Being from the Midwest we were hesitant to try the ribeye, but we both found the thin cut at Bluewater and thick cut at Oceana very good. Had a pizza delivered at midnight our last night, which took about 45 minutes, but was worth the wait.

With this said we wouldn't have given this review a 5 had it not been for the awesome staff. Everyone was so friendly that the language barrier was never an issue for us as how could you get frustrated with the smiles on their faces. The gift shop girls were the only staff that reminded me of service industry staff in the USA.

I recommend this resort to anyone, like us, who has a busy life with small children, who wants to get away from it all with no hassles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rscjac:
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from a so professional traveller more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,