“Well planned entertainment!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Roseville, California
“Well planned entertainment!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good food, beautiful beach.

Best of all, well planned entertainment throughout the day and night! Especially pleasant was to meet the best person and King of entertainment Mozart Jackson, who made our stay even more enjoyable. Very smart, talented and good-hearted young man with a bright future ahead of him.

One thing we would wish them to change, was for us to be able to make reservations at the restaurants so we wont have to wait in line and then be late for evening entertainment.

A note about the rooms- we wish there was better quality of pillows, 3 out of 4 were poor quality synthetic and 1 was a poky feather pillow, the mattress was very comfortable though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Milla S
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Milla S,

Recieve cordial greetings from the entire staff of Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana.

There are no words to express my most sincere grattitude about your valuable and helpfull comments about your recent stay in our hotel.

On the other hand, I must admit that we did experience some inconveniences with the lines in the A la Carte Restaurants but as you know, the concept of Unlimited Service does not allow us to make reservations so it turns out to be a matter of “first comes first serves”.

In order to prevent our guests from having a bad experience in this situation we now have the so called “pagers” or “beepers” a device that our hostess provides to guests when they reach the restaurant and it beeps and vibrates when is their turn to go in the restaurant. When the guests have the beeper in their hands while they wait they have the choice to go to the bar or hang out around the Plaza which makes the wait less stressful.

I am not sure if you where offered one of those beepers while waiting and in a negative case I apologize for that as the hostess should always offer it on a polite and courteous way to every guest.

I am sorry again and it will be great if you decide to come back again, if that happens, I promise you that you will be fully satisfy in our establishment.

yours faithfully

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,356)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the secrets from sept 12-19 and when we came to the resort, the personnel was very friendly.

The food was very good, delicious, and big choice of various cuisines from around the globe. The waiting staff was always right on time and very attentive. NELIS from the breakfast buffet made fresh fruit smoothies every morning for us, such a sweet and loveable young lady, was always smiling and the quality of service was outstanding!!

there was a few issues in the room- ac was very loud and made it hard to fall asleep, and the toilet was not flushing properly. the toilet issue was fixed very promptly but the ac was still loud throughout our stay.

The biggest positive impression of all our stay the ENTERTAINMENT and all the activities and night and evening programs made it a positive and enjoyable environment to stay!
Especially MOZART JACKSON. This young man has a soul with a passion and born with natural talent. The way he behaved, you cannot learn, you have to have this inside of you. That was an unforgettable experience! I truly believe this young man has a big future and the entertainment at hotel is like an entry level for him.

I would recommend Secrets royal for its entertainment and food alone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear ProAudio777

Recieve warm greetings from Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana and thank you so much for you wonderful feedback about your recent stay in our hotel.

I feel very happy that you had a memorable experience in our hotel and I hope that you had enjoyed the hotel benefits at all.

On the other hand, I love it i you join us once again, If that happens I will be pleased to meet you personnally.

Yours faithfully

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

First I should say I think I had higher expectations than what I should have. My husband and I came here on our honeymoon and couldn't wait to get back home. When we checked in we needed all our paperwork that had our reservation number and everything, which of course we didn't know about so didn't have. Thankfully they let us look up our information. We informed them it was our honeymoon, they asked us to show them pictures of our wedding or our invitation and we showed our pictures. We were told to go to the concierge and set up our breakfast in bed and champagne and turndown service. Once we did that we went to our room. Our room was not the king size bed we requested, it had a horrible smell and physically made us feel ill. So we went back to the front desk and asked for a different room. We were told we couldn't change until 4pm the next day. Okay, fine. The room we moved to was 1,000 times better, did not smell and had amazing housekeeping services. This was probably the best part of our trip. We checked on our breakfast in bed and all that on Wednesday, as we had it scheduled for Thursday. They lost our paper we filled out and had no record in the computer. Really? So we filled it all out all over again. Thursday comes around and we get our breakfast to undercooked eggs, which ultimately made us sick for the next two days. We had champagne scheduled for 5:30 that evening. At 6pm there was still no champagne, we went back to the concierge to find out why. Again, no explanation other than no record of it. So they send it up. We received it at 6:20pm and by then we were hungry and wanted to go eat..... That's a wasted bottle that we never got to enjoy. When it comes to the beach bar, we specifically asked for certain alcohol that they did carry and instead received whatever their bottom shelf or house liquor is. That's when we decided the all inclusive package just wasn't worth the money. We also never even received the honeymoon banner on the door as some rooms had two! Thankfully through our entire trip Clair, the ultimate vacation club representative, was absolutely amazing. She worked so hard to change our experience and make things move smoother. We love her and how hard she worked to change things. Definitely one of the best people on that staff!

Room Tip: Go higher on floors, less smell!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KrissDarling
Dear KrissDarling

Receive cordial greetings on behalf of our entire personnel, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and at the same time I regret that you did not enjoy your stay plentiful in the Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana hotel.

I have just analysed every point that you kindly reported in a constructive manner about the unfortunate facts occurred during your stay in our hotel and I must admit that I am extremely sorry if you felt disturbed about the uncomfortable situations that you encountered as well.

I am truly sorry about the uncomfortable situation that you had upon your arrival and I understand your frustration at the time to have your room in a timely manner, I have reviewed personally this matter with my Front desk chief and unfortunately there was a miss understanding between the hotel and your travel agency,

I am sorry if you felt disturbed about this fact and I promise that we will do our best to prevent that this situation never happens again to any other guest in the future.

On the other hand I hope you accept my most sincere apologies about the lack the attention of our concierge with the documentation that you showed upon arrival. Believe me, this situation never happens in our establishment, however please accept my apologies if this situation caused you an inconvenience and I deeply regret that we did not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

I am truly sorry, that these little issues had diminished the high expectations that you had before you arriving to our hotel and I hope that you don’t lose the faith in our Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana Hotel.

I do apologize once again for this unpleasant experience and I would like to tell you that if you decide to give us a second opportunity returning to the hotel we will make sure that we .
I appreciate your kindness and patience regarding this matter and I look forward to giving you a warm welcome back very soon.

Yours faithfully,

Hotel Manager
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana Resort.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending a week at Secrets Royal Beach. We have been to several all inclusive resorts over the past several years and we both agree that this past week is BY FAR the most fun we have ever had. For starters, the weather was perfection. The beach is the best we have been to...the grounds were spotless...and our room was very nice. Below is our review for the Restaurants and Entertainment.

Restaurants:
For Breakfast we preferred Carnival Café on the Now side. Junior took great care of us every day. The omelet station was excellent and we never lacked for options.

For Lunch we found the Riviera buffet on the Secrets side to have more options....also, it is closer to the pool :) To top it off, on Saturday they even had grilled Lobster at lunch!

Dinner: After trying a couple of the places on the Now side, we ended up spending the rest of our dinners between Oceana and Seaside Grill. At Oceana, the Grouper is excellent! At Seaside, the Filet is outstanding! We never had a problem getting a table and the service was fantastic!

Entertainment: This is where Secrets Royal Beach is truly Excellente'!!. The team of Fidel, Mickey Mouse, Eddy Murphy and Mozart Jackson were amazing!!! The poolside games in the afternoon were the highlight for us. I even beat Mickey in a strength competition!! When you see Mickey, you will know how impressive that is :) Throughout the week, they made us feel like family. They called us by our first names all week and it is the only resort we have ever left and actually had to fight back tears. They are THE BEST!

One last shout out to my main man behind the pool bar.....Martinez!! I love that guy. He works tirelessly behind the bar and always has a smile.

Can't wait to come back next year!!!

Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband & I stayed here 9/23-9/28 for our anniversary. Having stayed at Secrets Meroma Beach twice, we expected this to be as wonderful since is it also a Secrets. How wrong we were. I'm guessing since AM Resorts now owns this chain their standards have gone down. The food was horrible & we are not picky people. The only place we found to have decent food was Capers, the italian restaurant & the chicken that is cooked on the grill at the beach. Even the orange juice with breakfast was nasty.
The bed linens smelled bad, like they weren't even clean & the room smelled musty. The lighting in the rooms is very dim even in the daytime.
We didn't use the pool so I have nothing to say about the pool.
We had the breakfast in bed for our anniversary & then went to the beach. My husband had to go back to the room mid morning & someone had been in our room & ate a lot of what was left of the food. The thought that someone came into our room while we were at the beach & helped themselves was very unnerving for me. It made me wonder what else they were doing in our room. I felt very insecure from that point on.
If you have to walk in front of the resort, which we did to get to the Now side there is a very strong sewer odor. A couple of the nights in the plaza we noticed it as well.
We didn't participate in any of the activities that went on but the entertainment staff is amazing here. We enjoyed watching a lot of the activities they did.
While the beach was amazing & the trip was overall relaxing we will not be staying in another Secrets.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Andi D
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed in this splendid hotel for 2 weeks from 13th Sep to 27th Sept and I LOVED every minute of it! My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and our list of "wants" for this holiday included being able to relax whilst enjoying some entertainment as and when the fancy took us, nice food and above all, a bit of luxury and pampering. We got exactly what we wanted and more at SRB.

The transfer from the airport took 25 mins max and check in was quick and efficient. By the time we'd finished our glass of champagne (the first of many!) and refreshed ourselves with the cooled towels handed to us in the lobby, it was time to make our way to our room. We stayed in a swim-up room (well worth the additional expense in our opinion) in block 4 which is quite close to the main pool. The room was a delight; spacious, spotlessly clean, modern, comfortable and well equipped. The complimentary range of toiletries was excellent (Gilchrest & Soame of London) and included the usual shower gel, shampoo, soap and in addition toothpaste, razor, comb, shaving lotion and even SPF 15 sun tan lotion so you can pack lightly! The hairdryer had sufficient heat and power to dry my quite thick hair, so with hindsight I wish I'd left my own at home. The housekeeping service was excellent throughout our stay (thank you Luisa Ventura).

The superking size bed was extremely comfortable and the bed linen and towels were all of a good quality - I just love bright white fluffy towels ! The tv screened numerous English speaking channels although the only "British" channel was BBC World News. Footie fans take note, although there were several sports channels, at no time during the 2 weeks did we were there did we see any English Premiership Footie, although I believe they do show some of the bigger matches on the Now Larimar side, depending on general demand.

On our patio we had a table and chairs and two sun loungers. It was then no more than a couple of steps over a small grassy area into the lazy pool. The pool area is beautiful and everywhere is so clean and immaculate. The guys (and girls!) from the pool bars passed by our patio on a regular basis to take our drinks orders. You will get to know these people well and they are all so friendly, chatty and helpful. Look out for Santa, Fernando, Junior and Angel. There was a really good drink/cocktail selection including premium brands of spirits. I personally recommend the mudslide, mango or passion fruit daiquiris or if you are stuck for inspiration just try the cocktail of the day!

We loved the Riviera buffet and so we decided to mainly eat in this restaurant outside on the terrace. The food variety and quality was excellent in our opinion for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we enjoyed the themes each evening. The house wine (red, white or rose) was very palatable and superior to the wine served on the Now Larimar side. All the waiters were extremely professional and polite as well as being friendly. Thank you to Gilbert and Robinson Luis in particular. You can see that Secrets takes the training of its staff very seriously as is evidenced by the quality of the staff across the board and in every department. The hotel's management are also very visible at all times and in all parts of the hotel, which I believe is a good sign.

I had a manicure and pedicure in the spa and was pleased with both. In fact I have been back home a few days now and the varnish from the pedicure is still going strong and hasn't had to be replaced so I am very pleased with that! My husband is a serious runner and was in the gym using the running machines most days - he says that the equipment was all in order and due to the air conditioning in the gym it was a pleasant environment.

Well, as you can probably tell from my review, I LOVED this hotel and it is definitely the best all-inclusive I have had the pleasure to stay in. The world is a big place and I don't tend to go back to the same place twice but you know what, I would make an exception to go back to Secrets Royal Beach. Book it, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Swim-up rooms are well worth the expense for the convenience and location.
5 Thank Jelliekat
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Warning this will be a lengthy review!
We were at Secrets Aug 24-Sept 6, for our 3rd time. Booked through AppleVacations. We flew AirTran, straight flight out of Midway, Chicago without any problems. We arrived in Punta Cana, anxious to get to our hotel. Got through the lines and got our bags and as soon as we got on the bus we were off! Got to our hotel in about 30 minutes. As I got off the bus and got our bags together, I heard our friendly bellboy Milciades say, oh its you, I remember, Welcome back!! He has always looked out for us! We walked into the lobby and I heard an, Hola Tammy, and turned and saw our friend Junior waiting for us!! I nearly cried, I was so happy to see him! I had been waiting to see him for a year and here he was waiting for us!! It was so special, I cannot even say how much it meant to my husband and I!! We have loved Junior for 3 years now!! He is part of our familia! If he hadn't been there waiting for us, we would have been heading down to the Barracuda bar to find him right away!! He is such a wonderful person. He treats everyone well and expects his co-workers to do the same. I have been lucky to call him mi familia and keep in touch with him throughout the year. Check in was fast and easy and our room was ready! Love hearing, Welcome Home, because that is how we feel every time we are there! Thank you also to Ramon and Jazmin at the front desk, Diana our concierge, Francisco our Apple Rep, and Daniel and Pedro who are also bellboys! And to Mr. Omar Saavedra, Asst Manager, it was very nice to meet you and have you ask our opinions of your fine hotel!

Our room was great, 4170, it was a swim out close to the end of the lazy river, near the Barracuda bar and beach! Perfect! And chosen for us by our friends Erika and Junior! The rooms are large, spacious and especially clean!!!! Our maid, Luisa, always had it so beautiful for us. For a few days, Alma was cleaning it while Luisa was off, and she did a wonderful job also. We always had balloons, or towel art and flowers and petals done up beautifully! There is alot of space for your things and the safe is very large. Something new this year, in the room, was a lighted makeup mirrow, which I personally loved! And some of the swim out rooms now have cement patios out front for the chaise lounges to sit on! So nice, no tracking mud into my room!! Yeah!!

We unpacked and headed out! We were so happy to see everyone, and to be remembered by so many!! That is the Secrets way!! They treat everyone with a smile and happiness! Hola to Junior (mi familia) , Angel (mi amigo!) Patricia and Santa (mi amigas!) Marinez, Joel and Jeffery! you are all wonderful!!
Some of my best times here were the times that we were able to spend with my special friend Erika. She started as our concierge last year, and we quickly became friends. She is now a room manager at NOW, and was able to find time to be with my husband and I, even on her days off! She and I have a great friendship and I am so lucky to have gotten to know her so well! I was a bit nervous the first day when I went to see her, what would we talk about in person, etc............we never stopped talking the whole 2 weeks, it was that easy!!

I was also not feeling well for a couple of days, and my Junior was always concerned and watching out for me. It was especially nice because I knew how sick he had just been and here he was worrying about me, like he would his own family member. Thank you, Junior! This is why you are mi familia! You are special that way! My illness had nothing to do with the resort and I did not see the doctor or need any medical help.

We spent most of our time in the pool or doing activities during the day. Fidel, Akon, Mozart Jackson, Wini, Cheveron, Usher, and Milkey Way, you all do an outstanding job of keeping us all busy and having fun. In the past my husband NEVER would do any activities with me! He always left his sister and I to do all the fun things while he and my brother in law lounged around. This year, he decided to join me, and loved it!! We had so much fun with everyone! We loved earning money and going to the auctions. We laughed so hard with others. There was someone who had talked to me on tripadvisor and was hoping to meet me while at Secrets, and after we were home and I read her review, I realized that it was Nancy, whom we had shared laughs with but never were in the same groups of friends. Maybe we will meet up again next year. I know its your job to make guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay, but really, you make them feel like you really like us! I hope you do! I miss you all! Thanks for the spanish lessons too! I am hoping to continue to learn more so that next year I will be a little better at least!! The foam party on Thursdays is the most fun I could have imagined! Went both weeks we were there and laughed so hard!! The pool is also a great place to meet new friends. We made quite a few this year, and hope to see them again. We were able to exchange facebooks with each other and have already friended each other, to keep in touch! Our first week we had a great time with Barb and Jason, and Christine and Bob, we had so much fun with you guys! After they left we met Debbie and Ken from Louisiana and Miles and Cheri from Chicago. We were going to exchange info the night before we left but somehow we never hooked up. If you see this please PM me!! Our last day it rained on and off and we all had fun anyways, from playing games outside the lobby to drinking in the pool! It was fun!!! The pools are so nice! We love to go rafting around the leisurely, lazy river and talk to people. It is a great way to meet others and hear interesting tidbits. You can learn quite a bit there! But by our room was actually the best place to meet people! The swimup bar, is usually pretty busy, and we only used it for activities.

The food here is excellent! We ate at LaRiviera buffet for breakfast mainly, the outside grill a few times, Seaside Grill 2 times for dinner, Mercure 3 times, Spice hibachi table once, Capers once, the buffet at NOW a couple of times, and Tamarindo twice. We thought all were very good, our favorites were Seaside Grill, LaRiviera, Mercure, Spice and Tamarindo.. Drinks were good everywhere.! I never got tired of eating anywhere in the 2 weeks we were there! I ate alot of salmon and mango! The mango was as sweet as candy, I couldn't get enough. At breakfast, I usually drink coffee on vacation, but this time I thought I should try the hot chocolate. We usually only drink hot chocolate in winter and have always ignored it on vacation because it just seemed strange to drink it when its hot out. Well, I was very pleasantly shocked at how wonderful their hot chocolate is!! Everyone was so happy to say hi and help you at the buffet and restaurants. I love to see Zamora and was a bit worried that he had left the resort, as when we got there I could not find him for a few days. Then one day, there he was walking past me by the pool! I got out and said hello, and was always greeted so wonderfully from him everyday! And I was also happy to see Mary again! There were so many people who cared for us during our meals, I tried to thank the ones I saw the most frequently and hope that I made them as happy as they made me!! I wish I had all of their names!

We had access to Secrets Preferred Club also. We really enjoyed visiting in there a few times a day! Such a great group of people to talk with or just sit and watch a movie with! Drinks there were terrific too! Spent alot of time talking to Marcelo, Carmen, Santos, Carlos and Pedro, and we all had fun talking together!.I can't wait to see you again!!

We spent most of our evenings on the NOW side and really enjoyed it there. Moments bar is very inviting, and the staff great! Hola to Roddy and Manuel! The disco is really fun. We were there almost every night and had a great time. At midnight, they would put food out in the Sports bar and when we left we grabbed it to go! Burgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries, and cold sandwiches. Very tasty!! They were gone before we got to our room! Met some really nice people there too! Hi to my new friend Ruth, from New York, but originally from DR! Your family was so nice to meet!
We only went off the resort a few times. Went to San Juan shopping Center, Palma Real, LaReyna Dominicana, Jellyfish restaurant and on the Helicopter tour. I highly recommend the helicopter tour! Saw PC very differently up there and it was really a nice trip! Jellyfish was excellent and we will be going back there! LaReyna Dominicana is my store for jewelry. I go everytime I am in PC and get a new piece and gifts too. Very nice jewelry. and they also have good cigars if you are looking for them.
Evening entertainment in the plaza was nice. Very mellow and relaxing. The cock tail waitresses are very pleasant and quick to get you another drink. We would stroll back and forth beween the resorts entertainment. The beach party was also fun!

Thank you to Juan Mauuel also, the bottle of champagne and decorated room on our last night was so awesome! I can't believe you remembered us!! I loved the way you called and said someone was outside our door for us and it was your surprise! It was very sweet of you!

When it was time to come home, we both agreed that this was the best vacation we have ever had. The reasons for that are because of our friends Erika and Junior, along with all of the others that work so hard and do everything to make our trip go so well. I know that it must be hard to see everyone on vacation while you do so much for them, but I hope that I was able to show you my appreciation for it all. From the bottom of my heart I must say, that Secrets is what it is because of everyone of you. You make it that special place. I am still missing all of my friendly ”Hola Tammy and John", every day starting at breakfast and throughout the day! We both felt like royalty, because the way everyone treated us, like we were so special and they were happy to know us! We were humbled! The people here are much better people than I can ever hope to be!
I know that when we come back it will be a sad time for us too, as some of my favorite people have already left or will be leaving soon to go to Breathless. We did notice that some weren't there, and felt bad for that. My most missed person will be, mi familia, Junior. Breathless will be beautiful but Secrets is for us. We made many new friends at Secrets this year and many will still be there when we go back. Hope to see everyone next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple