Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$128
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$311
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$181
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$399
Bookit.com
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$270
10,696 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teameddie murphyla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papispaghettiour honeymoonsexy chocolateswim up roompreferred poolunlimited vacation club
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wow! We just got back from our 10 year anniversary trip. We spent 8/3-8/11 at Secrets Resort Royal Beach. The whole experience was amazing. Most of our days were spent at the pool with a little bit of time in the sea. The sea was a bit cloudy with a bit of seaweed due to a storm that had blown in. Not Secret's fault - it's just part of nature. There were workers on a John Deere going up and down the beach to clean it up daily, though. The grounds themself were kept up immaculately. We saw people working all over each day, whether touching up paint, trimming hedges, or sweeping/mopping halls/floors.
The swim up bar was wonderful and convienent. We loved it! It was very hot and 100% humidity each day so it was nice to just float around on a raft and head over to the pool bar for a frozen drink! I recommend the "Blue Hawaii" to drink! You will not be disappointed! I did bring my own raft in my suitcase. I only used it twice. The nice workers over by where you get beach towels blew it up for me. I used it when there were no pool floats available and I used it in the sea to escape some of the seaweed. What you read in the reviews regarding people "saving" pool chairs and floats is true. If you don't get up and get your spot and float, you may lose out! Just a note- You can't put anything out to save pool chairs until after 8am or they will be removed!
The food everywhere was good. We ate breakfast at the bufffet each morning and it was awesome. Made to order omlettes were definitely our favorite! We ate at most of the other restaraunts on site at Secrets and Now Larimar. We definitely had to wait when we went over to the Larimar side. We made reservations at Spice for the "show cooking" one night. We enjoyed that, and we had no wait since we had made reservations. We also enjoyed the Beachside Grille for lunch. It was nice to eat a cheeseburger outside on the beach under palm trees and not have to get out of your swimsuit. I would definitely try eating there!
Regarding all of the stomach issues. I had no problems. I drank my soda with ice and still had no problems. I drank bottled water and brushed my teeth with bottled water as well. I never drank any water from the tap & I never drank any glasses of water at the restaraunts. My hubby on the other hand wasnt so lucky. He had to take Immodium AD, Tums, Pepto, etc. We both took probiotcs when we got to the resort and took them daily all week. He did drink water out of the glass at meals, so maybe that was it?? Take your Tums, Pepto, Immodium, etc. Hopefully you won't need it though.
The rooms themselves were great! We both thought the bed was the most comfortable bed ever. We did notice the musty smell of the sheets a few nights, but it wasn't enough to have us call to get them changed or anything. The room itself had no odor. There's a tv with a few channels in English. We acutally were able to watch the Olympics in English, so that was nice. At first we had a problem with our TV sound on a few channels and maintenance checked it out and brought us a brand new one, within minutes, when it couldn't be fixed. We were impressed!
We had an "ocean view" suite which really just had a view of the pool. We were happy though with the location. We were in 5143 which is ground floor with a patio and chairs. We also had our own little lawn area with lounge chairs set up. We did not technically have a "swim up" room but we were very close to the lazy river. It was great!

All of the employees we encountered were awesome! They were so friendly and courteous. We felt that they really took the time to make you feel welcome and special. Most employees speak enough English to really communicate well with us. I speak a little Spanish, only what I learned in High School, but it was enough to help when we needed it.

Some things to note: Make sure that you read the dress code regarding Secrets and Now Larimar's restaraunts. There are some restaraunts that require men to wear long pants and closed toe shoes. My husband took a pair of khakis and a pair of linen pants. They were perfect. I just wore dresses and dressy sandals.
There are two gift shops on site. One at Secrets and one at Now Larimar. They pretty much have the same stuff. They had a decent selection of gifts and such, but not a lot of other stuff. They had some personal items and sunscreen, and then candy and gum. On Wednesdays at 6pm local vendors come to the Now Larimar to sell their goods. It was pretty fun to go to. We bought a few things. Be sure not to pay asking price. We talked them down on everything we purchased.
You will not want to walk anywhere other than within the resort grounds. There is no place to go right outside of the resort. I'm pretty sure the guards wouldn't let you take off on foot out of the Secrets/Larimar grounds. There is a Hard Rock Casino in Punta Cana which you could take a taxi ride to. There is also a small indoor mall which I believe Secrets has a free shuttle to.
If you want to use the Internet plan on bringing some cash to pay for it. We used the internet daily to SKYPE with our kids back in the USA. It had cost us $60 US dollars for one week of internet access. You can also purchase the Internet for one hour or a block of hours for a lower price if that's all you need. The internet connection was pretty slow but it worked. You must pay cash for the internet. Also, you will want to bring some $1 and $5 to tip if you choose to. We didn't tip everyone, as it was included with the price you pay for the trip. It was good to have the option to tip extra if we felt the need. You will also need cash to pay $10 per person when you arrive at the Punta Cana airport. It's some traveler's fee.
All in all it this was truly paradise! All inclusive, adults only paradise! Wait til you see it for yourself! This place is as beautiful as all of the pictures you see. I would recommend it for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Its definitely not a college party scene or anything! Not a lot of "partying" going on which was okay with us! But if you're looking for that, you will be disappointed in my opinion.
You will love Secrets Punta Cana!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank WesNAmy
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very nice hotel with great service. El entretenimiento es muy bueno, Speedy, Akon, Mickey mouse and Cynthia, they all are awesome. The pool bartenders are the best. The rooms are very beautiful. Me and my wife had such a great time. Definitivamente volveriamos a este hotel.

Muchas gracias,
Rocky y Belkis

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Its just plain simple beautiful hotel , the food is great but the best is the personal working there very nice people ,juan carlos thank you very much ... O love this hotel I'm 100 % coming back ......

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank karlacuervo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Where do you start? when (myself and my boyfriend) we arrived we were plesently greeted with dinks n wet towels after a long flights it was very welcoming! This was our 3rd all inclusive first time with secrets the previous times we stayed in dreams (altough secrets is supposed to be better we thought they were the same) this year we brought 2 friends(another couple) as we're always saying how amazing these places are!
Rooms- were amazing n quite large we stayed in room 2165(ours friends were in 2184 jus a few doors away perfect) )we had a view of trees noting major bath on the balcony is nice prob used it about 3 times
Room service - ah sometimes it was only warm but when it was hot it was lovely we got the chicken Parmesan quite a few times was gorgeous
Buildings- kept very well always clean never once saw a coridoor wit rubbish/ dirt
Drinks- this is where I have a complaint on our first day we went to the beach and as with any where your looking around seeing what drinks people have what will I get? The boy's went to the bar and after seeing someone with miller asked for 4 bottles of miller the barman at the beach bar just said no! We just got other drinks my boyfriend came back down to our chairs and believe me he is never one to complain but he told me what had just happened he was very surprised as like I said we haved stayed in dreams before and there was never a problem with whatever drinks you asked for its supposed to be *unlimited* after a couple of days we relised what was happening (beach bar pool bar and lobby)you could get corona in all bars but once you drank about 2 each you were told no corona corona finished you could get miller and the same again after a few miller's you were told no miller it's finished you could have president beer now this is a very small thing but very annoying it's meant to be unlimited and in both dreams we stayed in you had what you wanted I don't know why they just can't stock more beers????
Food - after reading reviews for weeks I was scared In case the food was horrible there was 4 of us and thankfully none of us were sick ( apart from inigestion and also i always get is from the adjustment from the heat to different foods) between the 4 of us we are fussy eaters the secrets side of food was of better quality but have to say my nicest dinner was in capers(Italian) the tuna was gorgeous the other 3 usually had steaks or chicken there were some times when one of us didnt like our dinner but it's just a bad choice from our part just choose something else next time the food is not amazing I dont think it claims to be the menu reads well It doesn't deliver the food is nice there is no way you would starve there is so much to choose from.
Beach- gorgeous yes there is seaweed but the staff do there best to clean it up everyday! loads of chairs on the beach they have umbrellas aswell so you can lie in the shade or sun perfect ( nicest beach out of my 3 holidays)
I know it's a long review buts it's honest we had a great holiday but would we go back? Prob not but we would want to go somewhere different the only holiday place I would go back to was our first alinclusive dreams Rivera cancun Mexico hope this review was helpful oh also the staff are great anything to help you can't remember names but especially around the pool a great laugh.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nellie22x
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We visited Aug. 6-11, and had a great time celebrating our 35th anniversary. The entire staff was extremely friendly, even the maintenance workers and handymen. Everyone greeted you with an “hola,” and we found that our very basic Spanish was noted and appreciated. We thought the food was very good. The Riviera (buffet) was good and included daily dishes of local cuisine. Breakfast was exceptional. Had the ribeye steak dinner at the Seaside Grill for dinner (my wife had the filet mignon) and it was fantastic. Oceana (seafood) was also very good. Can’t say enough about the friendliness of the staff. The drink servers on the beach brought each round quickly, and the pool swim-up bar staff was great. The rum drinks seemed a little on the weak side, but that was OK. If you’re looking for a major buzz, try chasing the rum drinks with shots of the local spiced rum, mamajuana. The DR beer was also really good. There was some seaweed on the beach and in the water, but I’ve been in worse and we we didn‘t let that bother us. The ‘lazy river’ pool – wow!! Very clean and clear, and the grounds were immaculately maintained. My take-home digital pics look like picture postcards. Our room was thoroughly cleaned each day promptly and the mini-bar stocked daily (although we had to leave a written note – in Spanish – for more bottled water, which they replenished and kept in good supply the rest of the week). No gastric complaints from anyone in our party of four. Only hangup was some miscommunication trying to arrange transfer from the resort to the airport at the end of our stay. On the one day it rained, the staff organized games and activities to keep everyone entertained and happy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple