Just got back from Secrets Punta Cana after a weeks stay (June 24-29). We went for vacation and to celebrate my 30th Birthday and my Best Friends husbands 34th Birthday. It was truly the best birthday I've eva had!!!
This is a amazing resort and if you want to go somewhere to relax and be waited on this is the place to go! Beautiful property, super nice staff and the best view of the beach! I am going to go through and tell you all the great things we loved about Secrets Punta Cana otherwise known as "HOME!"
1. Do not pay extra for the ocean view property. This was our only disappointment. It is only a partial ocean view and its not worth the extra $$. The real ocean view rooms are the presendential suites.
2. Buy your transfers when booking. They make this process pretty simple once you arrive.
1. Take probiotics a week or so before you go and all while you are at the Resort. The food is good but your system won't be used to it. Trust me.
2. Pack pepto...Trust me (just in case)
Arriving at Punta Cana Airport:
1. Its HOT and Humid so be prepared!
2. Let the bag guys assist you with your bags but don't let them get out of your site. They move pretty fast but are very helpful.
Arriving at Secrets:
1. They welcome you with open arms and drinks and cool towels to clean your face and hands. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE "HOTEL" CONCIERAGE WITH UNLIMITED VACATIONS UNLESS YOU WANT TO SIT THROUGH A 2 HOUR PRESENTATION ON THE FOLLOWING DAY. THE COUPONS ARE SO-SO BUT ONLY WORTH IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE SPA. IF I COULD DO IT AGAIN I WOULD HAVE SAID "NO,NO,NO,NO AND NO!" THEY ARE PRETTY DECEIVING TOO AND GOOD AT THEIR JOBS BECAUSE THEY TAKE YOU OVER TO THE BAR AND GET YOU A PREMIUM DRINK TO GET YOU STARTED ON YOUR VACATION.
**SIMPLY GREAT! THEY USE PREMIUM BRAND LIQUOR AND THEY POUR UNTIL YOU TELL THEM TO STOP. Try the Mamajuana, Ciaprihiana, Merengue or a simple Rum and Coke and you won't be disappointed:) Tequila Sunrise was also a hit! GIVE THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE A TIP! BEST BARTENDERS: SANTA (on the beach), JUAN(at Rendezvous)
-Overall the rooms are really nice. The views are beautiful.
-Bathrooms are a good size and the shower is sooo good. The water pressure and temperature is really awesome and suprising for a property of this size.
-Lighting in room is dim so be prepared but its not dark! You can open the blinds during the day and see pretty well.
-TV - most channels are in Spanish but why are you in the room watching TV anyway! Ha Ha. Be ware of channel 93...bowchickybowwowwow!! Volume did not work so commercials were excessively loud.
-Our iron did not work and we had to replace but not a huge deal.
-Mini bar was stocked daily except for the Rum:) but you should'nt run out of that.
-Beds slept very well and overall room was quiet. Couldn't hear neighbors (and I hope they couldn't hear us:)
1.**If you book with Expedia or Cheaptickets (BlueTravel) just see your representative and don't go through Amstar or the hotel. They have better deals than the hotel.
2. We did the "Boogie" dune buggie tour. It was so-so. The best part was the beach that they take you to. It was beautiful and secluded but you are only there for 15 minutes so overall its not worth it. You get very dirty and you have to drive in a straight line. Also the process is pretty unorganized and you get bombarded by children begging for money. Usually they are selling items and we gave them money because we wanted to but not for the items.
3. Truthfully, the hotel has plenty to do. Bowling, a disco, a casino (I won like $120 my first night at the roulette table:), spa (I'll talk more about this amazing little secret later), tons of eating and even shopping.
Best: Hands Down-- Seaside Grille. Best View of the property while you dine on fillet mignon, salmon, shrimp and some of the best Carrot Cake you've ever tasted.
Next Best: Grille on the Beach. Joel knows how to grille some meat and the fries were to die for. Very Very good place for lunch. We could've eaten it everyday.
Next : Spice. Decent Japanese.
Worst: Probably Mercure. I loved the atmosphere and the food was ok to me however the 3 other patrons with me did not enjoy it. It was super small portions and very saucy. If you go, get the mushrooms.
La Riviera was ok if you want a variety buffet.
Best Breakfast: Room Service Omelet! Yummy!
Worst Lunch: Room Service Lunch:( Pizza was nasty and burgers were not cooked
-Beautiful. Not packed at all. Wait staff is excellent. SHOUT OUT TO SANTA! WE LOVE YOU! Pick up your towels before the towel bar closes at 5.
-Some people like to be lay naked but just don't look if you don't want to see
-Awesome. Can't say much more. The pictures on the website are true!!!
-Lazy river is really nice. Has a little current which makes for lots of fun.
-OK THIS IS PARADISE. TRULY. The spa has 3 different pools. Iced cold to open your pores (do for it for like 20 secs.. crazy), hot and normal. Water falls in pools are massaging. They have snacks and drinks to keep you hydrated and the massage therapist are sooo good. I have had several massages and the swedish and refloxolgy here were absolutely the best I have ever experienced. Shout out to Margharita *(ask for her) or Rafeala and Isidro at the bar! Kenia made booking super easy. Thanks Kenia!
-if you are going for honeymoon, birthday or anniversary go to the concierge desk and get the banner, flowers and cake that they will give you for free. They will decorate your room and your mate will LOVE it. Super roman-tic.
-chics who work at the shops are straight up rude. Do not be offended they are rude to everyone. They will follow you around the shops like you are trying to steal something.
-NOW Larimar is the property next door that is NOT adult-only and the security at Secrets makes sure they don't come to the Secrets property but you are free to go there anytime.
-Bell guys are really nice. Shout out to Miguel. They are really helpful and give you great tips on the property.
Ok I have to shout out all of the BEST Secrets Staff:
-Spa - Kenia, Margharita, Rafaela and Isidro
-Bar - Rendezvous (Juan) and Beach (Santa)
-Bell Service - Miguel
-Unlimited Vacations - Jorge (even though we were suckered in you did a good job at keeping us entertained)
-Beach Grille - Joel
Thanks so much to all of the staff for the best vacation ever! We went as two couples but honestly this felt like a second honeymoon. Very romantic, relaxing and FUN!
Go--you won't regret it. I cried when it was time to leave:( Miss you Secrets!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated on the picturesque palm-studded, sugar white Playa Bavaro beach on the eastern coastline of the Dominican Republic, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana offers adults all the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury(R). Guests will immediately be embraced within an extraordinary environment where luxury illuminates every detail and our high level of personal service is unmatched. To ensure your romantic escape is everything you've imagined, every detail of your stay will be flawlessly provided and superbly attended to. From the fine quality linens to the daily refreshed mini bar and the unlimited premium brand beverages to the pool and beach wait service. You'll be immersed within a world of stunning architectural design coupled with resplendent views of the lush gardens, crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and dazzling swimming pools. This tranquil, romantic haven in Playa Bavaro is like nothing else you've ever experienced before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel Punta Cana