“A perfect plae you can call paradise”

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My wife and myself made a trip to the Dominican Republic for the first time not knowing what to expect and we landed in Punta Cana. We arrived sunday afternoon on August 21, 2011 and we heard people talking about the hurricane on the way to the island. Geez what a vacation time we've selected, so I said to myself. It rained from the time we arrived until wednesday. I didnt regret staying in the resort for all those days. The resort staff made everything they could to make every guests to enjoy the stay-in the resort. They have programs like, entertainment, games, sports, etc. all day 'till night time. The people at the lobby bars, pool and beach bars are superb. They wont let you have an empty glass of whatever you're drinking. The staffs makes everything possible to make every guests satisfied. A place I can call Paradise.

There are newer reviews for Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana

Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I just returned from 6 days at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana. Despite Hurricane Irene paying us a visit while we were there we had an AMAZING time! The staff was the best I have seen yet. They were so attentive and polite. The rooms were beautiful and cleaned everyday...sometimes twice a day! And the nightly turn down service was a nice extra too. I especially thought the Hershey kisses on our pillows were cute. I thought the food was also very good. We ate breakfast at the buffet in the morning and usually for lunch. We ate at the a la cartes for dinner. We liked Seaside Grill on the Secrets side, really yummy beef tenderloin with bernaise sauce. We also had hibatchi at Spice, We ate at Mercure the french restuarant. And we also at at the grill restaurant on the Now side but that was my least favorite. We also took advantage of room service during Hurricane Irene. I was very impressed with the top shelf liquor at all the bars. There were a few employees that I want to say an extra thanks to...Speedy with the entertainment team, Rafael and Valentine in the restaurant were excellente!!!

Thanks again Secrets Royal Beach for a wonderful vacation!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We had a deluxe swim up room it was great to be able to walk out the door and be in the pool. Nightly turn down service was a great extra.

Our best part was the swim up bar. Aneudy was a fantastic bartender! He always made sure we were taken care of. We decided not to do any excursions, we spent our days at the pool with Aneudy taking care of us and the afternoon activities, there was no reason to leave the property.

Was disappointed with the beach you were constantly asked to go to the flea market, have photos taken or to go para sailing. Would like to have been able to enjoy the beach a little more without the hassle.

Oceano was our favorite restaurant Seaside Grill was a close second, but our best service came from Elvin at La Riveria, he remembered our drinks every morning we came in for breakfast and when we would go for dinner. The outside grill on Secrets side was great. Spice on the Now side was the good also, we went twice and sat at the hibachi table both times once with just us and then with a group of us, we enjoyed it both times and they did a great show also. very disappointed with Blue Water Grill.

Overall had a great trip would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Deluxe swim up room way to go, I don't think any room has a great ocean view because of the way...
2  Thank jessica391
Reviewed August 23, 2011

From the moment we got there till the moment of our departure we were treated with tlc! I felt like royalty. Apple Vacations did a wonderful job organizing our package; but the staff at the resort kicked it up several notches. When we arrived, they greated us with cool towels, chanpagne, chocolate chip cookies and fruit. Our room was not ready as we arrived earlier in the day, but as promised, Francoise, AKA "Erick," made sure that getting a room for us very quickly was a priority.

Word of advice though...... they do have people there that appear to be employees, but are employees of some vacation club (time share) company trying to get you to go to their presentation. If that's your thing then go for it. For us, I had to aggressively tell them that we were not interested so that they could stop stalking us.

There were mounds of seaweed on the beach when we got there due to tropical storm Emily, but it was gone in about 48 hours. Those guys worked around the clock! The weather was perfect and the beach was kept clean.

There was never a moment when we were out and about that a staff member did not check to see if we needed anything. Plus, whatever you asked of them, the typical response was "my pleasure." I loved it. The language barrier was rough as we know limited spanish, but after a few days, we learned enough to effectively communicate.

The buffet food was not all that spectacular to us, but we did learn a few tricks. They keep some raw meat at the grilling station and all you have to do is ask them to cook it fresh and its done! Sae with breakfast, just have themn cook your eggs/omlettes to order.

We took advantage of "All Inclusive." They kept the drinks coming. There is an employee at the pool and beach bar, Yoleny, who was the most attentive. She even learned our names! She kept the drinks coming.....no empty glasses. Be careful of the Mamjuana though. It is strong and will have you on your back if you have too many.

We went a a few excursions (Marinarium and Saona Island) and they were terrific. We also did the ocean front massage and that was just okay. They only have females at the spa which was fine for my husband, but I prefer my massages by men. I felt like I was oiled up and tickled for almost an hour.

Simply a beautiful place. Can't wait to go back and do it all over (or better) again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the pool view or the garden view just adjacent to the pool view.
3  Thank Shenee M
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Went on our honeymoon here. The resort was beautiful and the staff was very nice. Had a great time! Room service had sushi...enough said! :D

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here August 7-11. We absolutely loved it. Only complaint was room service was not good. Buffet was buffet food. Ocean's restaurant was excellent. The French restaurant at Now Larimar was the best. We were only bothered once by the AM vacation people. They wear white shirts and blue pants so watch out. They only hang out in the main lobby and right outside the buffet in the morning and afternoon. The beach was beautiful. Yes there is seaweed, but they can't help that. Everything was great. I would definitely go back. Don't drink the water, but drink a coco loco for me

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

this has been an amazing vacations, Stretching clases, Zumba lessons, Spanish Lesson and the Restaurant and bar are marvelous. the service is 5 star. I'm in love with this place and the amazing service offered every where. Highly recommend this place.