“Thank you victor the butler !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Hamilton, Canada
“Thank you victor the butler !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

When I attributed was unwell but what better place than the lovely Esmeralda !!! Food was great best rib eye steak at the Garden Grill. Loved the beaches walked for miles!! One day wasn't feeling the best and decided to take a great bath in the jacuzzi tub and to my surprise Victor had a surprise waiting for me in my room. My bath tub filled with flowers all around nice and hot. He will totally never know how much I appreciated his kind gesture as he did not know I was feelin unwell and it was just what I needed!!! The stay was wonderful and look forward to coming back again!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jojo2134
socialmedia b, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear client,

I do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Please be assured that your wonderful comments will be forwarded to your butler Victor.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your stay in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda and you were very satisfy with your stay and you enjoyed the surprise provided by Victor.

Looking forward to seeing you soon and provide you another wonderful stay!!!

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,474)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband, 4-year old daughter and myself just returned from a one-week stay. We booked based on the Tripadvisor reviews. It was OK...we have stayed at much better resorts.

The good: Beach is gorgeous and well-maintained, as are the pools. They never ran out of clean towels. The grounds are lovely. The food was good, the buffets have a lot of options, and there are quite a few a la-carte restaurants to choose from (Tex mex was our favourite). The wait staff were exceptional, and we tipped at every meal. The water park was perfect for our daughter - probably best for kids aged 8 and younger. There were other activities for older kids, such as bumper cars and a ropes course that we did not try. The rooms were nice and large. The spa massage was great. There were barely any mosquitoes at night.
The wagons that take you around the (huge) resort were plentiful and always on schedule-tips were always appreciated by the drivers.

The bad: It's a HUGE resort - really it's 4 in 1. For a 4.5*, we expected better service. "I don't know" was a common response (with no attempt to find the answer) and we were often sent in the wrong direction - for instance, we missed an evening kids-club activity because the concierge sent us to the wrong resort (and he refused to check the program on his desk).

The mini-bars in the room were sparse (1 small bag of chips each day+drinks) and the room service menu was very limited.

The policy is no reserving chairs, but that is not enforced, and the chairs closest to the ocean went unused regularly for 1/2 days or more.

The Kids club staff are nice, but we wouldn't leave our daughter with them. In fact, when we went to the water park, there was a 4-year old boy who was at a kids club activity, but he was completely unsupervised for 1/2 hour.

The gym is surprisingly small and poorly equipped for such a large resort.

Last, and most important, the walls are paper-thin. We were awoken by a crying child at 6am. I went to the hall to see if he was in the hall, but he was 4 rooms away in his room. We heard everything - in other rooms and in the hall, both early in the morning and late at night.

Room Tip: Buildings 92-93 seemed to be most quiet. Request a top floor room if you want the quietest rooms, b...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank baba2006
Dear Guest,

We feel so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with this trip and your comments about the kids club have been transmitted to the corresponding department.

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration and thank you for highlighting the good aspects such as the gorgeous beach and pool, good food, lovely grounds and the variety at the buffet.

Always at your disposal,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My spouse and I have done a fair amount of travelling to the Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica and others. This is the first time that I get my prescription medication stolen from our room. It never dawn on me that my prescription medication should also be locked up in the safe but now I know better. Obviously the money left on the pillow in the morning and also at night for the turn down was not enough..... warning to all travellers, if you use prescription drugs, lock them up. I wrote my comments to Esmeralda's office and got no reply, so I wrote to their head office and they provided a reply which had been formatted to satisfy some clients but not this one. Anyways, personnel on the site are friendly, the food was very good, plenty of chairs on the beach and as usual some vacationers reserve their pool side chairs early morning and spend most of the day at the beach, what's with that. I wish there would be someone keeping track of those abusers. The entire site is extremely large but the resort taxi are fairly frequent. Nice location but would not go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Renald,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our good food and friendly staff.

We are very concerned about the situation you mentioned and we sincerely regret if the circumstance mentioned may have affected your vacation experience.

We sincerely regret that our overall image has been tarnished as well as not having been able to fulfill your expectations this time.

It is very unfortunate for us to know that you would not come back.

ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Friendly staff. Resort is nicely maintained. Grounds are beautiful. Weakness: Food was just ok. Drinks were weak.
If you go try to get a room facing the resort and not adjacent to Rui. We were in the 96000 villas and our room faced a service road. Sitting on the deck was noisey. We did have a glimpse of the ocean.
Pools were clean. Water was a bit warm and not refreshing. They close the pools very early (6 pm) so there is no evening dip!.
Staff will go out of their way to be helpful if you tip. A couple of dollars goes a long way. We also read and followed other advice about bringing small items such as make up and nail polish for room staff. They were very appreciative and brought extra towels and bottled water. We are from David Ortiz country so brought some Red Sox t-shirts and caps that went over very well for staff who did an exceptional job.
Beach had plenty of seating and shade. It was clean and staff came around regularly offering drinks.
We paid $15 for a Caribbean party on Friday night. I would not do this again. Plenty of free entertainment of same caliber. Plenty of vendors selling the same stuff table to table.
Over all good value for money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank marleydog123
Dear Marley,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda as your holiday destination. It is a real pleasure to see that you enjoyed this beautiful Resort.

We wish to continue providing the best of our personnel hospitality, the quality of our services and facilities, and offer you an unforgettable experience at Dominican Republic in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

So my husband and I just got back from a 4 day stay at the Gran Bahia Esmeralda. Upon arriving we were greeted by Charlie at the front desk, and he was awesome. Very thorough and had us all checked-in in under 5 minutes!!!! He then introduced us to the best butler ever, Joangel! This guy is super humble and went the extra mile to make our stay the best he could He handled all of our dinner reservations for the restaurants and left us the reservation tickets in an envelope on our dresser! He said it was "his job to take care of everything", and he DID!!! He is fantastic! If you are lucky to get him as your butler, you are in great hands. The buffets were good, and the restuarants were good as well. The beach is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Now on to the bad.... Our housekeeper... The room mini bar was never replenished, and the empty soda bottles remained on our dresser throughout our stay. We were given only 3 towels a day, and as you can imagine while on a vacation in DR where it's 95 degrees, you will be taking more than 1 shower daily. The towel situation sucked. On our first night we actually saw a baby cockroach crawling on one of our night tables.. I was disgusted but killed it anyway. UGH!

Since it was our wedding anniversary, we decided to treat ourselves to a couples spa treatment at the Bahia Spa.. DON'T BOTHER!!! It was a WASTE OF MONEY. The workers in the spa acted like two adolescent girls and laughed and giggled throughout our treatment. I guess they didn't realize that I understood Spanish, so for an hour I heard then make fun of my husband and I. The "massage" was no massage at all. They just rubbed cheap lotion on us. The body "exfoliation", was not exfoliation either. I've never been so happy to run out of a spa. When the "treatments" were done, I literally ran out of there. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. The "spa" is not a spa at all and the workers in there should all be fired, including the lady that checked us in. She was nothing but rude.

The positives of this resort was definitely our Butler Joangel and the beautiful beach.

Would I be back? NO... Next time I'll go with the more expensive option..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bride2Be220
Dear client,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us and for highlighting your butler Joangel that took care of everything you needed during your stay.

We apologize for the situation you experience at spa and if you felt you did not received the service you and your husband deserve for your wedding anniversary.

It is a shame to know you would not return to our property but we wish to be able to change the tarnished image.

Best regards,

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just recently returned from a one week stay at the Esmeralda and can honestly say that we enjoyed every minute! The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the beach was amazing. Looking forward to going back next year!

2 Thank Angela B
Dear Angela,

We thank you for your nice feedback. We really appreciate your words and we feel good that we provided you a wonderful experience.

Looking forward to seeing you next year for a longer time!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I will preamble my review by explaining that I had a split stay, I stayed at the resort by myself for the first week and my husband and 9 year old son came to join me for the second week where we celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary. The two experiences were very different. I will state that I was mostly treated very well as a woman traveling alone with the exception of an unfortunate event with a transportation staff one evening. If you are considering traveling by yourself as a woman to Punta Cana, I would recommend this resort. I have enjoyed very attentive individualized and personalized attention from Mabel Guzman at guest services. Mabel not only made the required arrangements to accommodate my very particular food dietary needs( medical condition) but took time to talk to me, get to know me and showed initiative to make me feel right at home. Thank you so much Mabel.
Mabel also made arrangements for our 15 years wedding anniversary celebration and although I had not said anything, was delicate enough to have a little present delivered for our son so he would not feel left out of the celebration, it was very delicate and attentive of her.
As other reviewers have reported, the grounds are well maintained and it is a beautiful resort. We stayed at the Esmeralda section but checked out the other sections as well. We would not consider staying in the Bavaro/Punta Cana section as we felt it was too crowded for our liking. The all adult section section, Ambar is nice, particularly their beach section which is the least crowded area of the beach.
The restaurants: I did visit the restaurants of the other sections but much preferred the one at the Esmeralda, Takara and Bella Italia were my favorites, the menu was varied and the ambiance very pleasant and peaceful. I recommend them both. The Buffet restaurants of the Esmeralda were also well organized, food was varied, fresh and plentiful. Staff was attentive and I received wonderful, personalized service at Los Gardenios, in particular from the Maître D, Valentin, and from kitchen staff, Maria Altagracia Perez Perez who ensured daily that my particular dietary needs were accommodated which is a very big deal when you have a medical condition and find yourself away from home for 2 weeks. Room service was fast and efficient. Felix at delivery was a real sweetheart and made me feel like a rockstar every time he came for a delivery.
Front desk service was very uneven with some staff being very capable and efficient, Edwin and Peterson in particular but others lacked basic language abilities and or the knowledge to provide relatively basic information.
The rooms are wonderful, thanks to the intervention of friends and management, we were in building 90, great location, beautiful room very comfortable, we felt right at home, the only thing which could be improved upon was the mattress which was much harder than ours and difficult to get used to. Pillow tops upon demand would be a great improvement.
Overall, Mr Lorenzo Arranz and Mr Juan Mari run a big resort, a tight ship, are very focused on ensuring that guests enjoy the most positive experience. We would return to this resort and would not hesitate to recommend the Esmeralda section. I have seen and heard great comments about the Ambar also.

1 Thank Izzy L
Dear Izzy,

At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience and we feel proud to know we exceeded your expectations and without hesitation you will return. Mabel will be very happy to learn that she was able to contribute in creating an amazing vacation for you and then for your family.

Please feel welcome to contact us. We will be at your disposal for anything you may need.

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.