““Great vacation, great people, beautiful resort”” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Brooklyn, New York
““Great vacation, great people, beautiful resort””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

. We had a fantastic trip and loved the resort.,We enjoyed the buffets and the a la crate restaurants. . Check in was quick and friendly. The room we had had a comfortable king bed, a large shower. The resort is lush, green, peaceful, and again well cared for.

1 Thank Rafael Y
Customer Servic... B, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Rafael,

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to know that you had a fantastic trip and you loved the experience at our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda.

We hope to see you again in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana!!!

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,475)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Since I was a kid I've been to a lot of hotels all over the world, and if I have to pick the best "all in resort" I ever did I pick this one. beautiful gardens to walk through, big rooms (we stayed in 91118), very clean, and an amazing service!
The buffets are very good but like in all all inclusive resorts you shouldn't come too late because than some things are cold like for example the pizza. The buffet in the evening we found a bit repetitive and almost the same as at midday so if you have the chance book a la carte restaurants! Or you can go to the buffet of another bahia hotel, since you stay in the esmeralda you can go anywhere you like. in bavaro lobby they have an other food choice and better nachos if you want.
The pools are clean and nice and the beach is clean too, but a bit overcrowded even if the hotel doesn't permit it many people "reserve" their seats at the pool and at the beach we even met people that had seats at the pool and at the beach for the whole day… I think you should give they chance to other guest to get a place, we had one day that we only found 1 seat for 2 at the beach after about 30minutes of looking… so please guy's if you go to your room or if you go for a snack take all your stuff and let people take your place.

If you want to see more nature and less crowded beaches, visit saona island and samana bay, there are a lot of tour operators in the resort selling those outings.

If you like shopping, the resort has his little shopping place near bavaro lobby and if you are at the beach and you go right you'll find local shops along the beach after a little walk.

I would like to thank Victor our butler we saw him everyday he always made sure we had everything he brought me a pillow, a bottle of wine for Aron, and organized a very romantic afternoon in the room, rose petals everywhere, balloons, candels a swan on our bed all this for our special celebration it was amazing! Victor is very nice to talk to and knows many languages. Thanks again "my friend" ;) I'll send a personal email for you to the front desk tomorrow, I hope you'll get it.

Thank you Braudy, our waiter in la Bella Italia where we had the chance to eat 3times! He is a funny waiter that will do everything for you so you'll have a fabulous dinertime. La bella italia is really a very good restaurant we also recommend el porto fino as second choice and as third choice don pablo gourmet, for french people like me don't take the magret if you expect a "normal french magret" it is not the kind of magret you eat in France ;) but try something else.

Thank you Darly (I hope I spell it right) she was the hostess at la bella italia and we also saw her twice at the buffet in the morning. She always smiles and is very kind.

Thank you Jan Carlos a waiter we had twice during our stay, he likes to talk and make jokes. he is a good worker, he never stands still even when he's talking he's cleaning or dressing a table, giving you something to drink our getting dirty plates to the kitchen.

Thank you Amaury we met him from our balcony when he was making a joke about us "kissing in the open" when I told him later that it was the day of our anniversary (one of the reasons of our trip) he told us a nice story about love and went after Aron later to organize a surprise with him for me, I had a warm bath full of roses and candels on the ground.

Thank you Charlie and Dhaira from the reception when I had a problem with my key, wanted some information or needed help, they were there, even when I didn't need anything they said "hy".

Thank you everyone else in the resort that made our trip a success.

Aron and I think we will visit you all in like 5years when our kid is old enough, because traveling with a baby is not very easy ;)
Anyway I want to come back! and I will recommend this hotel to other people and I sent a review to thomas cook for you.

to other guests, I know it is an all in but a small tip is very appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Sandrine Bayart & Aron Marckx

Room Tip: Even if they say on the website you can choose the exact location of our room when you book early… t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sandrine B
Customer Servic... B, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Sandrine Bayart and Aron Marckx;

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection for your anniversary destination. We feel proud to read that we have provided you seven unforgettable days and absolutely amazing celebration.

Thank you for acknowledging your butler Victor, who made everything special in your room to celebrate with your husband. All the staff you mentioned will be delighted with your great comments.

Looking forward to seeing you next year! Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days with our son, his wife and our 2-year old grandson. Great place. Good food. Excellent service. Would not hesitate to recommend Esmeralda to our best friends. No need to go to the à la carte restaurants - the Buffet has excellent food and the ambiance is very like a country club! For a family or a couple, the Buffet is truly the best place for all meals - most especially for dinners! You really feel you are on vacation. We must mention the name of Luis because he is truly the master of this place!
All in all, great vacation! Thanks Esmeralda and all your employees!

Room Tip: Building 90 is the best!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mary s
Customer Servic... B, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Mary S,

We are very pleased to know that you would not hesitate to recommend our resort to your friends and that you enjoyed an amazing experience thanks to our excellent food mainly in our buffet.

Thank you for your nice comment!! Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Hawkesbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I need to make things clear. If you find a way to criticize this place, well stay home. You are too precious.
Esmeralda fulfilled our vacation needs.
Clean premise & well maintained.
Nice people, great service.
Food was excellent.
Beach and surrounding area were pleasant.
Would I recommend this place to my best friend… I would not only recommend it, I would join him.
Funny things occurred:
1) As I was doing nothing, in my bathing suit or shorts, some individuals were cleaning the floors, sweeping the pathway to the beach, cleaning the washrooms and serving guests.
2) At the pool I was on my long chair lifting once in a while my finger to get someone’s attention. I was thirsty. They came with something to drink exactly where I was doing nothing.
3) Believe it or not, I never did my bed in the morning. Some lady did that for us
4) Never cleaned my room. That same lady did it for me…. I was doing nothing
5) It was really too hot to work. Some people did all week long
AGAIN : If you find a way to criticize this place, well stay home.

Go, do not hesitate.
Remember this. Anywhere you go, you are not home. Premise, food and the people are different from what you are used to. They work hard while you do nothing at all.

You find it expensive, so you expect too much, well stay home and save your money.

Esmeralda, thank you for the great time we had. Keep on doing what you do on a daily basis. You are good at it

Mike

Write if you need more info. kapolymi4@bell.net

7 Thank Michel P
Dear Mike,

Posts such as yours give us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our services. What a great pleasure to know that you have spent the best nine days of life in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

We are already waiting for you again!! All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Best regards,

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent one week including the New Year Eve at Esmeralda Bahia. There was a nice vacation, but...
PRO:
-nice surroundings, clean and good kept;
-very good food;
-brand liquors; some good bartenders that could prepare a cocktail;
CONS:
-rude staff at the reception: since the check in, we give to Charlie 50 euros, asking for a room at a higher level and in the new building if it is possible. He took the money and came back in 10 minutes giving a room in one of the old buildings, the most far away from the beach and at the ground floor!!!
-the room was smelly of mold and cigar;
-we saw only few smiles from the staff;
-the most crowded resort that we ever saw: there was impossible to have a long chair at the swimming pool or at the sea; more on that, on the beach we could find a place even on the sand! Fortunately, you can walk on the beach trying to find a place…
-no animation at all during the day or night (except a bar in the evening with live music that closed at 11 o clock. At 11.05, they turn off the light, take your drink and purr into a plastic glass, to close the bar!!! You can go at the other resorts, but there are not so close and the services are not at the same level.
The restaurants a la carte- for which we did reservation 10 days before coming – but we still spent one hour at the queue, were still buffet; you can choose only one main dish, everything else is buffet!
The weather was nice, we rest all the week and all in all was ok. But we’ll never come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank InesTa
Dear Ines,

I would like to take this opportunity to offer you our most sincere apologies for, in this occasion, we were not able to fulfill your expectations. It does sadden us to hear that you won’t be back to our Resort but please we hope you can give us another opportunity.

Yours sincerely,

Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda from the 29th of Jan 'till the 6th of Feb. We had a wonderful vacation, and the resort is absolutely fabulous. It is huge but we didn't have the time, nor felt the need to use other facilities than the ones provided by Esmeralda. The food was ok, we mostly ate at the Jasmine Buffet, but what made our meals greater, were the three amazing waiters: many thanks to Louis, Francois and Wander Montilla from the Jasmine Buffet. They were always so helpful and so cheerful! Great hardworking guys.
We had two trips during our stay: the one to Saona Island and the one to Samana, to see the whales. Both were amazing, but in different ways. There's a lot to write about Samana, it was the best day of our vacation.
We had an amazing holiday thanks to the destination and thanks to the resort as well.
We will surely go back to Punta Cana and Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda will be our first choice.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank RuxandraMaria
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful comment, it is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations in your visit in our Resort and that this is your first choice when you come back.

We would like to cater you once again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in Dominican Republic and continue demonstrating you our commitment to excellence.

Regards from Punta Cana!

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The GBP Esmeralda that we spent last week at was fantastic! Starting with every staff member we came in contact with, they were helpful, welcoming & friendly. We were checked in within minutes of arrival. Our welcome envelope contained the resort activity timetable and facility schedule. Room, grounds & pool areas were spotlessly clean. The loungers were always clean & in good condition both at the pool & beach. We found the beds firm, but comfortable and it was remarkably quiet on the middle floor. The food was a treat for both eyes & palate at both the buffets & a la carte restaurants. We particularly enjoyed the stone bass freshly grilled with a twist of fresh lime and a drizzle of garlic oil! Yum! Also the roast chicken was perfectly done!
Our vacation was truly 'excelente' and we will return!
Special mention to Braudy & Wander in Jazmin buffet, Alexis at the pool bar; Pilar & Deyli at El Meson; Yuli at the lobby bar all helped to make our stay wonderful!

5 Thank Raincoast
Customer Servic... B, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear customer,

We are very pleased to read that your stay was an excellent vacation thanks to our delicious food, clean rooms and grounds and the treatment you received from our staff at our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

Besides, it is delightful to know that you vacation was truly excellent and you will return to our All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts