Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda
$210
$178
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$433
$254
Melia.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$229
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$205
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$261
$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$305
$596
$908
TripAdvisor
7,429 results
All reviewsdon pablojazmin buffetgarden grilla la carte restaurantsprivilege clubscented pillowsbutler servicelobby bargala nightother resortsguest servicesel pescadorthomas cookle gourmetemailed the hoteldominican republicambar section
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here in October with our 2 year old daughter... It's our 3rd time in DR and to put things into context we have previously stayed at the riu palace punta Cana (next door in fact) and the hard rock hotel punta Cana... Whilst throughly enjoying our previous visits the esmeralda is now our favourite!!

We stayed in block 95 (opposite the building work) and enjoyed a perfectly peaceful, non disrupted 2weeks so don't let that put you off! Our room was decorated on arrival with balloons and banner on the door and wishing us a happy anniversary along with a bottle of rum! Throughout our stay we would return to our room to several gifts which were a lovely touch... These included t shirts for all 3 of us, fruit platters, a romantic bubble bath with rose petals and chocolates every evening! The mini bar was restocked daily and was more than sufficient

The staff were great... Not in your face but attentive enough that you rarely needed to ask for a thing. Very soon staff recognised us and remembered our drink orders and all interacted with our daughter... Special mentions go to: Evelyn (she kept the drinks flowing in the lobby bar every night) Paola and Augustine as front of house all greeted us with a smile and asked our daughter how was she enjoying her day! Rosario remembered us and our drinks order in the beach snack bar after day 1! Bladamir and Brady were a great double act along with Maximo and manalo. Our daughters favourite is Alexis from the pool bar... Although only 2 years old she was ordering her drink from him in Spanish by the time we left and couldn't walk past the pool bar without wanting to stop to ask for a drink! As for the comments regarding the staffs lack of English I feel this is completely unfair!! Their English is far better than my pigeon Spanish and we had no problem making ourselves understood!

Food here has got to beat all other AI we have experienced even the buffet offered great variety! We also tried maiko and Bella Italia 3 times!

We look forward to returning next year

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank monkeyplymouth
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. It is a great compliment to all of us to read that you love this Resort and to know that you will be returning again in a heartbeat. Our staff will be happy to learn that you liked the surprise the hot bubble bath and rose petals and the littler details we prepared for your anniversary.

Looking forward to seeing you next year in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Kind regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spend 14 days at the Esmeralda in October 2013. this was our 5th trip to Esmeralda, and we just love it. It's paradise for us. The staff is very polite and friendly. We stayed in block 90 and our room was facing the pool. Marcela was our roommaid. She looked after us and did a great job. Our room was always clean. They all work very hard.

Thanks to Ramon Diaz, the head buttler and Juleyeda for 2 wonderful weeks. We know Ramon since 2009. Thanks for all the assistance, and attention you gave us during our stay. A great thanks to Franklin for the outstanding room service.

If possible, we will be back next year, Siegfried and Doris

Room Tip: Block 90, room # 90112 to 90320
2  Thank Vacation29
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Siegfried and Doris ,

Ramon Diaz, the head Butler and Juleyeda and all our staff will be happy to hear your compliments. Your experience is a true evidence of the effort and dedication of our team to provide the most unforgettable experiences.

It is wonderful to know that you had a great time in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Looking forward to cater you again!

Always at your disposal,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

From the time that I came onto the property, I was treated like a rock star. No one was too busy to help, to show and express every kindness to me. The check in was smooth and effortless.. The room was great:clean, great smelling and already at a comfortable temperature.

A BIG 5-STAR MENTION for Victor, my butler.

He made sure that my stay was not only memorable but supremely comfortable and relaxing. Once he fond out it was my birthday, he made sure that i was ok in the lobby (on my laptop) and he decorated the room, just for my birthday and had a bottle of white wine and rum in the room. Whenever he saw me, he wanted to make sure that I was well taken care of. There are too many things to mention about his great service. I am not sure of his position, but he definitely gets my vote for Head Butler for the Esmeralda..

Other Great mentions include:

Yeimis - Guest Services: She made all of my restaurant arrangements for me and made great selections. She was very personable and taught me a lot about Dominican culture, etc.

Lidia - Patio Hostess - She was amazing. She was always smiling and eager to greet me with a "Good morning" or "Good afternoon". By the second time, she knew exactly what I liked to drink and she was always bringing one to me just as I was almost finished the previous one. After being here for 6 days, I never once saw her look tired or with a frown on her face. Her service was also impeccable and the drinks that she did recommend were outstanding.

Dahiana - Guest Services: She was excellent in explaining the city and the Fruisa (city center) to me. Ia m a traveler, so when I told her that I was interested in eating authentic food, she let me know where to go and not go for the best authentic foods of of the resort.

I tend to like to be where the indigenous people are. I like to eat where they eat and shop where they shop and party where they party. The Esmeralda makes in necessary to hire a taxi to go anywhere. I even took a taxi into the city and walked back - over 6 miles. But it was worth it, I got to see many people, talk with them and eat great good and make acquaintances along the way.

Next time, I will rent a car or motor scooter.. (I spent $200 in taxi rides)

The beach was great. I wish that there were more motorized water sports, but I guess you cannot have everything.

The buffet food was ok, but it was a buffet. The a' la carte restaurants were very good.

The Esmeralda is one of 5 resorts on the compound so there is plenty to do and see. While Cancun may have more activities, you cannot beat the calm and easy going nature in the Dominican Republic.

The aforementioned persons (and others) made my trip a great time to remember.

I will be coming back later this month and twice per year after that..

An amazing time here in Bavaro/Punta Cana...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank Albert P
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Client,

We are so proud to hear that you were treated like rock star during your last stay in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection please be assured that it is an honor to forward such nice comments to all our staff.

Please feel welcome to contact us for your next visit on F. We will be at your disposal for anything you may need.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We travelled to Dominican republic in October, rooms were really nice, beach and pools were all great . Beach was powder White sand, pools were warm and were great to have a little drink at the swim up bar, restaurants were all really nice apart from the BBQ .
All the staff were really friendly and the room was cleaned well each day with a chocolate left on our pillow each night
Look forward to coming to stay again in 2015

Room Tip: All rooms would be good as everything is nearby
6  Thank LondonMicky1
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the all-inclusive program in Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.. It is a pleasure to read that your 30th wedding anniversary get away was celebrated in a resort that matched all of the above requirements.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Regards from Punta Cana

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We also just had 2 weeks at the Gran Bahia Esmeralda, and my only complaint is the Tee-shirts were medium (I'm a 3 xl so they did not fit), other than that, the Location, beach,,rooms and restaurants were all fantastic, there were always plenty of beds and shades round the pooi and on the beach, and the staff always made you feel special, from the room cleaners to the managers.

For anyone wanting to go to the Dominican Republic for a holiday, you will find the Esmeralda a great choice.

Restaurants and Food.....Excellent variety in the Buffet where there was so much choice, for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Room....Clean, with sheets changed daily, mini (restocked daily) large bathroom with Spar Bath, shower room, hair dryer, plus all the other bits and pieces.

Beach....The beach must be one of the best in the world.

Pool......Big and warm, with a swim up bar with great staff, say no more.

All in all a faultless holiday.

Thanks to Thomas Cook and the Esmeralda

Room Tip: We were in Block 92...just a few minutes to the restaurants, pool and beach..
3  Thank andybear47
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Andy,

For all our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection team is gratifying to read that your were very pleased with the service received from this resort. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your anniversary getaway.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

You are welcome to contact us for a next visit and be able to provide the most outstanding experiences.