Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
Barcelo.com
$631
$441
Bookit.com
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
$371
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$570
$378
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$333
$260
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $297/night.

$463
$181
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$415
$230
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$89
Barcelo.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$271
$212
7,612 results
All reviewsdon pablojazmin buffetgarden grilla la carte restaurantsprivilege clubscented pillowsbutler servicelobby bargala nightother resortsguest servicesel pescadorthomas cookle gourmetemailed the hoteldominican republicbubble bath
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda in April 2013 with my husband, my daugter and her boyfriend; the place was clean, beautiful. People who work at the resort were friendly and very, very nice and incommoding. The employees at the Buffet Los Geranios are sooo nice and friendly like Francesco and his brother. I loved every minutes of it especially at the pool with Leondra and her partner they were the best, also Marcos where we could get our towels and plan a trip. The beach was fantastic! We loved it so much, we are going back next year.

Suzanne Miville Alias Mama & Papa

From Canada Gatineau Quebec

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzanne M
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Suzanne,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection for your visit to the Dominican Republic. It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for your nice comments and for highlighting our fantastic beach, our spotless premises and the friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to having you again with us for your next Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Regards from Punta Cana,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at the Esmeralda from the 2nd September - 16 September as part of our honeymoon.

We stayed in block 92 and although the view wasn't great, it didn't matter to us. We pre-booked all our a la carte retaurants for the 1st week before we travelled, which I would advise everyone to do. When we went to pre-book the restaurants for the 2nd week some of them were closed, but there was still plenty of choice with the buffets etc. When you stay in the Esmeralda you get access to all the a la carte restaurants and I can honestly say that all the food was excellent. Our favourite was the Garden Grill, we went here 3 times during our 2 week stay.

The staff were exceptional and I can say they made our honeymoon, they are all so friendly and the level of service was brilliant. The maids cleaned the room every day and gave us fresh towels and sheets. Please remember to tip the staff, even $1 here and there, I think this really makes a difference.

I would recommend the Bavaro Splash for an excursion, the Snuba Diving was the experience of a lifetime and getting your own speedboat for 45 minutes was incredible.

The only thing that let us down was the service we received from Thomas Cook on the flight to the Dominican Republic and also information we received from the rep at the resort.

I would most certainly return to the Esmeralda, but I would try to avoid travelling with Thomas Cook again. The Esmeralda was like paradise and it was certainly the best holiday we have been on.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in Block 90 which is closest to the Beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ollie391

Dear Ollie,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our excellent gastronomic offer and the exceptional service from our friendly staff.

You can rest assured that it has been an honor to cater you for your honeymoon in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Certainly, we will be more than happy to have you once again with us so that we can continue providing the most memorable experiences for you and your wife.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This resort is wonderful! Great location, people and accommodations! We will be coming again! The employees are warm and friendly.this was a beautiful place to stay with a beautiful resort and beach. The food was good as well as the drinks and entertainment

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Kmc03
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service.It is wonderful to read that on your 5th visit to our Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort you had a nice great holidays.Once again, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. As a repeater client your opinion is very important to us.

Looking forward to seeing you in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Claudia Adames

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda.....I am not going into details about this resort since my review will seem to be on the negative side. I can only say that unfortunately its not a 5 star hotel...I had a lot of issues with the room (safe not working almost everyday - (twelve out of fourteen days i had a technician come in and you know how long that takes).......room key cards not working...and so forth) . We actually missed a night trip to the discos that we booked since the safe wouldnt open but we needed to take our money and the technician came 1h later. We did see roches and bugs at the buffet and around the resort but that's understandable......I think. Its a beautiful resort, very big and nicely kept....but a lot of downsides to it as well. Now leaving all this negative stuff aside we were a big group of about 14 so the party was always ON and the vacation overall was amazing.

What saves this hotel is the AMAZING and I repeat AMAZING staff that works there. They made us feel special and helped in every way possible. The guys from the entertainment team Juan Carlos - Gato and Rubiote were amazing, very friendly, funny and always made our day exciting with the fun pool games...and of course at night dancing at the disco. I loved their company they are the best!
Also at the main pool - bar the bartenders Enrique and Santos (at Esmeralda -Alexis).....once again exceptional service, nice and sweet people, that go out of their way to make you feel special and to help you enjoy your vacation. At the Esmeralda buffet all the staff was awesome....I am truly amazed by how nice these people were.
The beach area there is perfect!
So all in all..... would I come back because of the hotel in regards to room quality, hospitality and service....Most likely NO. But if anyone would ask me to come back and meet these awesome people again and enjoy the beach YES for sure!

Room Tip: Buildings 90 and 91 are in a good location close to the beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank P G
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your impressions with us regarding your recent stay in our property. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience that you may have endured during your stay.

We would like to inform you that our company works with an external company called Cristal Americas, world leader in the implementation of effective systems for environmental, health and safety related risk management and it is member of the Check Safety First Group; which on a frequent basis audits our hotels in all Hygiene and Sanitary procedures. In this way, we can assure you that we have strict programs of fumigation which are carried out continuously.
In the name of our General Manager and all staff members

Thank you again for vacationing with us and we hope you could consider to give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Sincerest apologies,

Claudia Adames

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had an amazing vacation at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection: everything from room to food, beach and pool area very clean....The ocean was spectacular, enjoyed my walks on the beach every day, loved my view all though it wasn't ocean view, the gardens are so well maintained, flowers and all...I really miss having my coffee every morning on the balcony...The buffet and the a la carte restaurants were amazing, lots of choices and food was really fresh, I would surely recommend Bahia principe ;;;;;;; Hope to go back myself one day , what can I say for me it was a great vacation....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carmela v

Dear Carmela,

We would like to thank you for recommending us and for mentioning our amazing gastronomic offer and our spectacular premises.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you any time soon at any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Kindest regards,