7,659 results
All reviewsdon pablojazmin buffetgarden grilla la carte restaurantsprivilege clubscented pillowsbutler servicelobby bargala nightguest servicesother resortsel pescadorthomas cookle gourmetemailed the hoteldominican republicbubble bath
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Simple really! My husband and I returned from the Esmeralda on 10th Sept, had a fantastic time there is nothing to complain about. The staff are brilliant they're helpful and friendly especially Manolo. Beach is very nice, gardens well maintained, food fabulous, had two weeks of pampering. We would go back to the Esmeralda with our family.

1  Thank Unique29
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you for acknowledging our helpful and brilliant staff, especially Manolo, who will be very happy to learn that he was able to contribute in creating a fantastic trip for you.
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Dominican Republic.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from the Esmeralda Sept 17."Wow wonderful". All the staff are so cheerful and ready to help or just say hello to you, the restaurants are all good even the buffet ones but if you want something special try the Le Gourmet or the Don Pablo Gourmet. The beach is one of the best I have been on. We were in room 92208 and was well equipped and so clean, but you do have to tip the maids regular if you want any towel designs etc. One thing to warn stayers is the building work being carried out by room block 93 but saying that it was no hardship for us.
The only down side was Thomas Cook. it was a holiday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary which they knew of and did nothing to make the holiday that bit more special unlike other tour operators did.

Room Tip: Blocks 91 & 92 are the best ones.
3  Thank neil p
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Neil,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection for your visit to Dominican Republic. It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed a wonderful family vacation.

Thank you for your nice comments and for highlighting our good food, polite staff, beautiful beach, We are proud to hear that you had a great stay due to the helpfulness of our staff members.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

All-inclusive luxury hotels on Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just returned on Sept 14, 2013, from the Esmeralda, where we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and my wife's 40th birthday. - the wife and I stayed for 1 week..

We have been to the Caribbean, previously via Carnival Cruise, and this was our first time to a resort and the Esmeralda and we cannot have had it any other way.

From the moment we arrived on Sept 7th, we were respected and treated right. On a day where we were to go for a helicopter ride, my wife got car sick, as the driver was taking curves, and braking had and going over bumps. This prevented us from taking our helicopter ride. However, once we returned back to the hotel, and we told this to Ramon, he quickly exchanged the helicopter, and gave us a gift package containing Tshirt, hat, beach towel, etc.

Overall, excellent Staff all around the resort. There are just too many people to thank with Ramon (Butler Services) & Ada (Guest Services) attended to our needs and did all they can to please us . They made sure we had everything we wanted and needed. Ramon was awesome. So were all the waiters, butlers, cleaners, bartenders, etc.

The Good: Very good & friendly service. Good choice and quality of buffets. Access to various pools and restaurants throughout the resort. A kid friendly zone with access to a water park (we came without our son, so we didn't go there)

The Bad: For me as a espresso coffee lover, the coffee bar in the lobby opened at 08:00, and would be nice if it opened earlier since I was up at 7am. However, I did get my fix at the Jasmine buffet.

All in all, the wife and I loved this resort, and we plan to return next year with our 3 year old, and have yet another great time. Thanks again Ramon..

Room Tip: Didn't see alot of rooms, but I enjoyed my villa which gave us view from the pool..
4  Thank mariog68
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mario,

Thank you for acknowledging our friendly Staff. We are proud to hear that you had an excellent time in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen us for your 10th year anniversary destination.

We would love to see you next year.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Best regards,

Claudia Adames.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Overall, this was a nice resort. There were a few negative aspects of the resort, which I would have not expected with the high star rating (and have not experienced at other 4/5 star resorts).

As recent reviews have mentioned, the staff were unfortunately not overly friendly. The staff at the pool bars and the towel hut were particularly unfriendly. One man at the pool bar had actually argued with my mother over whether or not he had replaced her towel that day already, even though it was my sister and I who had replaced ours. I had never been to a resort where there were towel replacement restrictions. The drinks were typically very sweet (juice) with a LOT of booze. This was their idea of a 'blended drink'. This being said, the staff at the check-in desk and in most of the restaurants were actually quite friendly.

One of the best aspects of this resort was the food. I have never been to a resort where I enjoyed the food so much. The desserts were absolutely incredible. The a-la-carte restaurants were also quite good. My only complaint about the restaurants is that they close quite early in the afternoon. Several times we had tried to have a late afternoon snack and were unable to because the snack bars were closed.

If you are looking for a small, quiet resort, this is probably not the place for you. The main show and many of the a-la-carte restaurants are located at the other resorts. The beach is beautiful, but is very busy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kacey89

Dear Kacey,

We are glad to know that you enjoy our gastronomic offer. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay in Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The resort itself was lovely, however, we found most of the staff to be not very friendly. We did have an enjoyable stay but with the staff not being friendly we would not come back. Not all of them I might add, but the majority of them. Our maid was ok but we never got any niceties in the room like things made up on the bed (swans)etc. Maximo at the lobby bar was very nice. Christian in the buffet and the 2 ladies on the door were always smiley and pleasant. Alondra was the best, she worked on the pool bar and the lobby bar . These people treated us the way we expected for a 5* resort, not the others that looked very miserable all of the time. One maid even crossed me on the stairs when I was struggling to carry my suitcase down, I had to shuffle over to the other side in order to let her pass. I couldn't believe she did that. The food in the Gardino buffet was excellent! but the bowls for the ice cream are under a hot light ?? these should be on a cool area. The salad plates are also kept hot which is strange! The staff and food in the Mediteranian was very good and we had a very nice evening in there. Also the Spanish restaurant staff and food was very nice so made our evening very enjoyable. (although we couldn't have the suckling pig which we had all decided on before we were told there was none left). The steak was fabulous but it was a Spanish restaurant ? Maiko Japanese the food was extremely salty! Bella Italia the food and ambiance was rubbish. In my opinion it wouldn't take much to make this resort The Best!!! a few simple changes is all it needs... more smiley faces is a must! everyone we spoke to said exactly the same.. what a miserable bunch of staff!! The rooms were excellent but it would have been nice to have had a king size and a single bed rather than 2 doubles. We're used to sleeping in a super king so a double was a bit of a squeeze and the sofa bed wasn't suitable for our 13 year old son. The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable though :) There was always hot water and the Jacuzzi was a nice touch. The shower gel and shampoo could do with being upgraded. The cocktails are the best I have ever had. A couple of small changes would make this resort the best place I have stayed. But as long as there are miserable people working there I would not go back, it really brings the mood down which spoilt an otherwise perfect holiday ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lovetotravelinstyle
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection. All feedback from our guests is valued to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

We would like to cater you once again at Dominican Republic to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Kindest regards,