Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
7,429 results
All reviewsdon pablojazmin buffetgarden grilla la carte restaurantsprivilege clubscented pillowsbutler servicelobby bargala nightother resortsguest servicesel pescadorthomas cookle gourmetemailed the hoteldominican republicambar section
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The resort itself was lovely, however, we found most of the staff to be not very friendly. We did have an enjoyable stay but with the staff not being friendly we would not come back. Not all of them I might add, but the majority of them. Our maid was ok but we never got any niceties in the room like things made up on the bed (swans)etc. Maximo at the lobby bar was very nice. Christian in the buffet and the 2 ladies on the door were always smiley and pleasant. Alondra was the best, she worked on the pool bar and the lobby bar . These people treated us the way we expected for a 5* resort, not the others that looked very miserable all of the time. One maid even crossed me on the stairs when I was struggling to carry my suitcase down, I had to shuffle over to the other side in order to let her pass. I couldn't believe she did that. The food in the Gardino buffet was excellent! but the bowls for the ice cream are under a hot light ?? these should be on a cool area. The salad plates are also kept hot which is strange! The staff and food in the Mediteranian was very good and we had a very nice evening in there. Also the Spanish restaurant staff and food was very nice so made our evening very enjoyable. (although we couldn't have the suckling pig which we had all decided on before we were told there was none left). The steak was fabulous but it was a Spanish restaurant ? Maiko Japanese the food was extremely salty! Bella Italia the food and ambiance was rubbish. In my opinion it wouldn't take much to make this resort The Best!!! a few simple changes is all it needs... more smiley faces is a must! everyone we spoke to said exactly the same.. what a miserable bunch of staff!! The rooms were excellent but it would have been nice to have had a king size and a single bed rather than 2 doubles. We're used to sleeping in a super king so a double was a bit of a squeeze and the sofa bed wasn't suitable for our 13 year old son. The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable though :) There was always hot water and the Jacuzzi was a nice touch. The shower gel and shampoo could do with being upgraded. The cocktails are the best I have ever had. A couple of small changes would make this resort the best place I have stayed. But as long as there are miserable people working there I would not go back, it really brings the mood down which spoilt an otherwise perfect holiday ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lovetotravelinstyle
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection. All feedback from our guests is valued to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

We would like to cater you once again at Dominican Republic to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at Esmeralda for the 3rd time in less than one year...so definitely we like this resort.
We travel this time 4 adults and my 2 years old son, so we ended up booking two rooms. I must say that management is listening to what people are saying and i've seen some improvements like faster check-in and better service at Reception Desk. Also on the beach is now easier to get a spot. Rooms are very clean, grounds are exceptional, food was very good as well as service at the restaurants. We had our 2 yrs old son with us and had no problem enjoying our vacation as people are very accommodating here...this is definitely a family resort.
Everyone is working very hard but I must mention Magdara from Guest Service desk as she was exceptionally professional in providing her service and helped a lot when we requested her service.
I just wished the hotel had make some extra effort to give us the two rooms a little closer to each other and show a little appreciation for our 'loyalty' to this resort...but it was ok in the end.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank cataserban

Dear Client,

We greatly appreciate your loyalty towards Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana. Posts such as yours inspire us in our commitment to provide the best experience to all our guests.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from this resort on 11th September and really loved it. We go to the Caribbean every year and have been to Dominican Republic previously and I must say that this was one of the best if not the best hotel that we have ever stayed in. We stayed in the Bahia in Mexico and loved that but this definitely topped it. Fab rooms which were spotless. Sunbed situation - I've had worse! Staying at the Esmerelda you are able to book A la carte every day if you wanted- our favs were Don Pablo, Japanese and Garden Grill. The only thing that could be improved upon is the evening entertainment. I was really impressed with the Senior Management at this hotel as they were visably available and took the time to ask if everything was ok and if you were enjoying your holiday. My father took a fall and blacked his eye whilst there and everyday a member of Management asked how he was feeling - impressive! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I'm fussy!

Room Tip: Room 90218 was fab!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank H0lidaz
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Client,

It is hilarious to know that our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection has been one of the best hotel you have ever stayed in. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience and motivate us to continue striving towards excellence.

Thank you for recommending Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned on Sept 8, 2013, from the Esmeralda - the wife and I stayed for 1 week.. We have been to the Caribbean, 15 times (6 times to the DR) - this was our first time to the Esmeralda and arguably the best trip we had to the Caribbean.
Pros: Clean. Separate from the big resort, which it is part of. Very good & friendly service. Not overcrowded. Good buffets. Great international vibe - guests from all over the world. Many quality items on the buffet tables such as smoked salmon and Jamón Serrano imported from Spain. European chefs overlooking buffets.
Cons: The guest services pushing the time shares - very annoying. Guests should be asked if they want to participate and not pushed with gifts. Staff walking around and selling the excursions - could be done a more discreet manner. People leaving towels and cheap personal effects (books, caps, T-shirts, to hog the tanning chairs, they spend the day on the beach and have junk clogging chairs by the pool which they practically use or vice versa. Staff should keep other resort guests away from the Esmeralda chairs.

Excellent Staff worth a mention: Alex and Kaira (Animation). Lucas and Leruit (bar service). Dahria and Victor (Butler Services) and last and the best - Huddie - our maid.

Anyway, the wife and I loved this place and hope it is the same when we plan to return next March.
Thanks everyone - it was truly a blast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ChristopherV8
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Christopher,

We are happy to know that you had an excellent vacation staying at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection!

We thank you for your feedback and we appreciate that you recognize our hardworking staff.

The people of the Dominican Republic are looking forward to your return!

All-inclusive luxury hotels in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Yours truly,

Melissa De Carmo

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We travelled as a family of four to the Gran Principe Esmeralda consisting of two adults and two teenagers on the 19th August 2013 for a 2 week vacation.

Having already been to the Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico and Cuba I didn’t expect this resort to be much different, but it definitely exceeded my expectations.

ROOMS
When we first arrived there was a mix up with the rooms but this was soon resolved and we were put in Block 90, in adjoining rooms (90012 and 90013). The rooms were clean, spacious and identical except that Room 90012 had 2 x queen size four poster beds and Room 90013 had a king size+ four poster bed. Both rooms were on ground floor level over-looking the large swimming pool and the beach was just a few yards to the left. Despite being so close to the pool and beach I wouldn’t say it was particularly noisy and the view was beautiful at night as we also overlooked the Bella Italia and Asian Al a Carte restaurants, which were pleasantly light up. We had a large bathroom with Jacuzzi/hot tub and twin sinks. The toilet and shower were in separate cubicles closed off from the main part of the bathroom. The rooms had good air conditioning. The maid left plenty of towels which got replaced daily, sometimes twice daily (good quality white towels not thread bare); there were lots of toiletries and bathrobes and slippers. The maid kept our rooms clean and tidy and restocked the fridge daily with water, soft drinks, alcohol miniatures and crisps.

I found there was lots of cupboard and wardrobe space and each drawer had its own scented drawer liner. There was also a flat screen TV with plenty of English speaking channels and a safe, which was already paid for in the holiday booking. The pool towels were also in the wardrobe on our arrival and could be changed daily, if required.

POOL
There are many pools in the resort but we tended to stay at the pool outside our room. The pool was very clean with a swim up bar. The waiters were friendly and worked hard. There were plenty of sun loungers around the pool area, which weren’t all taken up at the crack of dawn. I personally found that the pool side could get a little too hot at times to sunbathe but it was great just jumping in the pool to cool off. The pool was big enough not to be crowded.

BEACH
I loved the beach. The sand was really nice under your feet and lovely to walk on and there was always a nice breeze. There are plenty of sun loungers and shade. Just be careful of the sand flies as they did make a mess of my legs, which warranted a trip to the pharmacy. If you like water sports then there are a number of activities which are part of the all-inclusive. You only pay if it has a motor. My kids loved parasailing.

SPA BAHIA
What can I say, amazing, but not part of the all-inclusive

BUFFET RESTAURANT
There are a number of buffet restaurants but we ate breakfast and lunch in the Jazmin restaurant and found there was lots of variety of food to please everyone. Breakfasts were my favourite. Bacon, sausages, eggs cooked to your choice. If you preferred a lighter breakfast, there were cereal, fruit, pancakes, toast, cold meats and much, much, more and plenty of it.

At lunch time you could have hot food, salads, fruit, cold meats, desserts to die for. Trust me there was lots of choice. The waiters were always on hand to serve you alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages with your meals or tea and coffee. They were friendly and always gave you a fist punch greeting as you walked into the restaurant.

AL A CARTE RESTAURANTS
We managed to get bookings for most evenings in the Al a Carte’s. We ate in the Bella Italian and the Asian, which are located in the Esmeralda part of the resort and also ate in the Japanese, the Garden Grill and BBQ Grill. We found the service in the BBQ Grill to be poor but the rest were fantastic and the food was excellent. The Japanese restaurant is well worth a visit as the chef cooks your food in front of you and not only is it entertaining but the food is excellent. We also enjoyed Bella Italia and ate 3 times in this restaurant. My daughter had a birthday on the last day of our holiday and the waiters in the Bella Italia, Jorge, Francois and Broudy made her birthday meal very special and one she will never forget. Love you guys!!!

My husband and I also enjoyed a “Romantic Dinner on the Beach”, which was 90US$ but well worth it. We were the only people on the beach and the walk way down to the beach was torch lit for us and our table was set up on a pergola with white drapes and candles. We had our own personal menu which consisted of a 7 course meal, prepared for by our own chef and we also had our own head waiter, Julio Iglesias, he wasn’t the best singer in town but he certainly was professional when serving our delicious courses including lobster and champagne and copious amounts of wine. It was a very romantic night and one I highly recommend, especially if anyone has a special anniversary whilst there or maybe wishes to propose marriage…..

EVENINGS AT THE ESMERALDA
The lobby bar in the Esmeralda serves some international brands as part of the all-inclusive as does the pool bar and restaurants. The lobby bar tends to be quiet in the evening but that suited us. The air con is not great though so most people tended to sit outside and enjoy the night.
I believe there is a discotheque but I’m not sure where about that was in the resort as we never ventured to it.

Most guests especially those with children tend to jump on one of the little trains that go up and down to the other side of the resort where the main entertainment takes place. This part of the resort is called the Bahia and Punta Cana. It is not 5 star, unlike the Esmeralda and Amber (adults only), but it’s buzzing in the evenings due to the Animation team being based down there and there is nightly entertainment in the Theatre. The Michael Jackson show is highly recommended and one not to be missed.

There are also some shops down that end which are popular and some bars.

EXCURSIONS
We only did one trip whilst we were there and that was the Mega Trucks. This consisted of being picked up at breakfast time in an old army truck. We travelled around the surrounding area seeing how the Dominican’s live. This included horse riding, visiting a local school, seeing how cigars were made, a traditional Dominican lunch with the most amazing back drop of views. We also went swimming in a local river and then finished the day off soaking up the rays at a local beach which had the most amazing white sand and green sea. Whilst on the truck it is all inclusive drinks and what a party we had. Everyone soon became friends and the tour guide, Luis, was so funny and highly entertaining, but he also educated us all on the Dominican Republic.. Highly recommended trip through Thomas Cook which gets you back to the resort around 4.30pm. Our only regret is that we didn’t do any more trips, but hey there’s always next time.

THE PEOPLE WHO MADE OUR STAY SO MEMORABLE......
I have to thank Dhaira Martinez our Butler for making our special family anniversaries memorable. The balloons and cakes were a lovely touch and thank you for the scented pillows. Thank you also to Butler Jinette who poured me the most amazing bath complete with rose petals and a bottle of champagne on ice prior to our anniversary meal on the beach. You both are such sweethearts and we thank you.

However, the biggest thank you goes to Waiters - Jorge, Francois and Broudy. If you are reading this - You three are a credit to the resort. You worked so hard in the Jazmin and the Bella Italia restaurants. You are professional in your work, friendly and you know how to make your guests feel very welcome. You guys really made our holiday extra special. We won’t forget you.

In my opinion I would say the Gran Principe Esmeralda is a true 5 Star Resort and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Highly recommend Block 90 but you can't go wrong
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank jayneBurnleyLancashi
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Jayne,

It is fantastic to know that you had such an amazing time at the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection!

We send our congrats to you on your anniversary and we graciously appreciate your valuable feedback along with your recommendation. We will forward your kind words to our staff, we are sure they would be proud.

We are happy that you are deciding to return to our premises once again!

All-inclusive luxury hotels in the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Sincerest regards,