“Perhaps on the Next Visit”

Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #36 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our first visit to a resort as big as this complex. We had always gone to smaller resorts with less than 300 rooms; no fear of being on top of one another. I was concerned that we would feel like a big city; 7,000 guests crammed into the beach and dining facilities. But we managed and it was fun to be with 12 other friends and family (three of them under 11 years of age). Talk about choices! One single bracelet got you access to all the restaurants, pools, and bars in the complex. However, the only rush was breakfast the first day, and then we were in turn-over mode for three days as the weekend saw guests leave & white bodies take their place.
This is a huge resort and it took me twenty minutes to walk from the beach to the front entrance, and I only did that once. For the comfort of the guests, the resort runs a trolley service to ease mobility. But we didn’t use it much as our days were spent lying in the sun, splashing in the surf, or swimming up to the pool bar for a Dirty Monkey.
The beach is unbelievable. Powder white sand that stretches for miles as far as the eye can see. What makes this resort standout and was a big plus for us; no seaweed. We have stayed at other resorts where the staff has had to rake the beach two and three times a day. Just to confirm this simple truth, every morning I would walk along the beach and observe the mounds of seaweed being hauled away from other resorts. This was a big plus for us as my wife hates wading through the slimy seaweed to get to open water! AND I DON’T LIKE IT MUCH EITHER!!
Everyone else has focussed on the rooms (wonderful & large), the restaurants (too many to go them all!), and the fun that abounds everywhere. So I’ll focus on the people that made our stay comfortable, carefree, and very enjoyable. Our visit started at 3 am (Thanks CANJET for getting us there early…NOT!) with Front Desk Host Eddy. He made our stay when he handed us our room keys; two adjoining rooms on the ground floor in the new building!! Woot! Woot! Next on my list of thank you’s is Manuel. On arrival our bed was adorned w/flower petals & a very cool kissing swans and every day we had a clean room, fully restocked bar, and a cool towel creation. But our favourite (well maybe my wife liked his bedroom eyes!!) was Alexis who worked the pool bar & also served us on the beach throughout our stay. He makes a great Dirty Monkey and a very refreshing G&T! Sometimes he would serve us ahead of others & I felt a little guilty, but hey, I was his “Papa”!
Another of my favourites was Mabel @ Guest Services! She was there for me; if I had a question or needed some help including looking for my lost camera, she was eager to help. And Ivan the Assistant Manager helped straighten out a little misunderstanding that was probably caused by my lack of Spanish! Nuani (?) at the beach massage tent did a great job of getting the kink out of my wife’s neck & doing an awesome job of beading the girls’ hair.
On several occasions the Bell Boys were helpful getting us to the main lobby in one of their open vehicles and Nachinor (?) was particularly cute! The folks in the restaurants were always “ON”. Smiling & joking with us! One of them told me he was out hunting in the morning to get my Peking Duck! Complete with demonstration of hiding in the blind & bagging my dinner just for me! The whole table laughed at that gag!
Fabulous food and I can’t say enough about it and the accompanying wines were top-notch. We particularly enjoyed the cappuccino bar during the day (yes, ladies, no calories!) and by night it became our gathering spot after dinner. The kids took advantage of the stage and entertained us with their skits. Some nights there was even live entertainment. And speaking of live entertainment, we did go and see the Michael Jackson Show and it was Fabulous! The moves, the moonwalk were pure MJ! Definitely worth taking it in and the show was SRO, so I would plan on getting there early!
To sum up, I would actually go back to this resort as we had so much fun & we have many memories that are tucked away inside that internal computer as I never did find my camera!! Perhaps on the next visit.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room, so you could always ask for a new building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ranger170
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Eddy, Manuel, Alexis and Nicanor, will be delighted with your wonderful comments. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience and motivate us to continue striving towards excellence.

Looking forward to seeing you soon and continue providing good memories in this unbelievable beach!

Regards from Punta Cana,

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

There are newer reviews for Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Esmeralda. The service was impeccable and we felt pampered the entire week. Food and drink were plentiful and we never wanted for anything during our stay, The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities a person could want while away from home. The TVs got American stations and WI-FI was available in the lobby area. We visited the spa and had a great massage. The beach is fabulous and impeccably clean. There are plenty of beach activities to partake in such as parasailing, kayacking and boat rides. The pools are all wonderful and very clean. It is relaxing just walking around the property looking at the beautiful landscaping although you do not need to walk as carts will take you anywhere! Overall, we were very satisfied and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you like a quieter section of the Bahia property, Esmeralda if for you!
2  Thank Gretchen S
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Gretchen,

Please allow us to reassure that we are happy to read that with our impeccable service you felt pampered the entire week. We are glad to know that you visited the spa and had a great massage.

Looking forward to seeing you in a heartbeat!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was awesome! The people were so nice there and we had a really good time. We stayed at the Esmeralda and went to every hotel on the auto bus. the complex was really cool and made it feel like you were in your own town. Our family of 7 went on many excursions like, swimming with dolphins, atv, and swimming in the caves! My only problem was how slow the internet was there but there was always a open computer available downstairs in the lobby so we just used that. Everyone like the waiters/waitresses were nice. Geleste (i think her name is) Paula Raphael at the buffet, and the man who always said to my 14 year old son hey my friend! Also at the hotel where there is lots of shops it was pretty annoying to and made you feel bad when you would reject the people asking for you to buy things. Beach was nice, weather was awesome, pool was really good, bed was amazing and overall it was amazing. We have been to punta cana 3 times and have never been disapointed. And of course the food was the best we ever had! we gave tips everywhere! love ya chefs!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. VILLA 93 YEAH!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnHockeyFan

Dear John,

It is a pleasure to read that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you for 4th time in Punta Cana!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great Service, Food was great. Building 90 is close to everything - the pool, the beach, snack bar
- Clean rooms, Excellent service by our butler Marilennis. Our room were always clean, towel changes everyday.
- Food was great, restaurants were impressive

8  Thank EsanKim

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed an amazing honeymoon experience thanks to our impressive restaurants and excellent service. Please be assured that it is an honor and a great compliment for us to forward such wonderful comments to Marilennis.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have visited this resort on several occassions and I can only say it is consistently outstanding. The employees are friendly and helpfull, especially Milfi who provided butler service to our building. I strongly recommend this resort. The beaches are beautiful, the food exceptional and the people are very friendly and helpfull. All of the buildings are nice but building 91 would be the best to request.

Room Tip: building 91 would be best
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Andrew T

Dear Andrew,

As a repeater client your opinion represents a challenge, an opportunity to improve our services, and maintain the magic that makes our dear customers choose for their holiday destination this paradise called Dominican Republic.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and continue providing you the most absolutely outstanding experiences.

Always at your disposal,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just returned from one week stay at the Bahia Principe Esmerelda. We loved this section of the Bahia Principe chain! The grounds were so perfectly manicured and kept. ! Rooms comfortable and clean. Beds so great, I forgot to find out the brand name they used for mattresses. Upon arrival into our room we had balloons waiting there for our 2year old to enjoy. Great touch. We located close to cafe bar, restaurants, pool and beach. Food was plenty. The only complaint would be that the food was over salted and fruit drinks too sugary. The Beach beautiful and pool clean. I'd recommend this hotel and we would go back..not as big as Bahia Principe but we felt that was a good thing. Great service. From Ana the restaurant host to Luis the restaurant manager to the lovely lady working in the hotel gift shop, they were all lovely! Even Leonardo the pasta cook was lovely! Great hotel for coupes and families! Thanks for the great hospitality and great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Missypasta2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor, and for mentioning our perfectly manicured grounds, comfortable rooms, great beds, plenty food, beautiful beach, clean pools, and great service. All our staff will be proud to know that with their hospitality they created you a great and beautiful stay.

Regards from Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Esmeralda ( March 6-20 2013). The resort was very clean, thanks to the amazing staff that worked 24/7 to make sure everything was perfect for all the guests, most of these workers were unseen, I would like to say a big thank you to them for doing such a wonderful job. The service was beyond our expectations, if you ever needed anything, it was done be the staff with smiles on their faces, they were always eager to please you. While we were at the resort it was my birthday, and after a day at the pool my husband and I went up to our room, to find a trail of rose petals and candles leading to the bathroom where a hot bath was drawn for me and after dinner we got back to our room to find two lavender scented pillows left for me from the butler service. I would like to say a big thanks to Milfi for that wonderful surprise. My husband an I were very happy with this resort, and would definitely go back again. A very big thanks to all the staff at the Esmeralda, you made our stay very enjoying.

Room Tip: My husband had requested a room in building 91, which was on the second floor, it was very close to...
5  Thank Heidi B

Dear Heidi,

We would like to thank you for acknowledging our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda team, who will be very happy to learn that they were able to contribute in creating a truly amazing experience for you and your husband. Milfi will be delighted to know that you appreciated her wonderful surprise.

Looking forward to seeing you soon and continue providing the most enjoyable experiences!

Regards from Punta Cana!