“Great Vacation, Would definitely go back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Orillia, Canada
“Great Vacation, Would definitely go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

When we arrived to Blau is was night time but the resort was still pretty lively and bright enough to look around. We went to our rooms and I was a little upset at first, It was so hot and muggy and the airconditioning did not seem to be the best so when you are hot and tired you want to cool down. We called down to the desk they did send someone down, they did some tinkering and then left. There was really no change. We turned on the ceiling fan and it was pretty wobbly but it made more circulation in the room. We decided to leave the room to let the fan work. We did find a place to eat some hamburgers (Steak a la carte restaurant) and they where so good. We had a few drinks and looked around and then called it a night. The next morning we went to the Buffet for breakfast and it was good. Always bacon, eggs anyway you want them, toast and much more. For lunch we always ate at the beach buffet since we spent everyday on the beach. They had a pasta bar, tacos, pizza, burgers,chicken and Ice cream which my husband loved. The Beach was great. lots of seaweed but it was cleaned up all day long. Lots of excursions, we went parasailing (go to candy, he has good prices) and glass bottom boat also from candy, and dune buggies from Santiago in the resort. BRING A WATERPROOF CAMERA, if you go snorkling you can take pictures of the fish so cool. The only thing that needs inprovement here are the rooms. They are very clean and the Housekeepers are very nice but very dated and beds very hard. Oh ya the vendors do come 2 times a week but make sure you barter with them and if you don't like the price they give you walk away. They are not pushy if you know how to deal with them. Only one of the four of us knew how to deal with them the rest of us are suckers LOL. Also make sure you watch the Michael Jackson show it is very very good. There is 2 cappuccino machines in the bar accross from the buffet, it is so good. The grounds are beautiful. Full of wildlife. Entertainment staff very good as well. I am sure I am forgetting alot of things but it was such a great vacation. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jordi2010, Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you so much your comments on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure for me to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I'm so glad you thought of the likelihood of returning to our hotel, not regret. Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Niagara Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

We got back from a week at the Blau Natura resort on February 24th. We left the place with the feeling that we had found a place we were both comfortable in pretty much every aspect of our vacation.

We travelled with Nolitours and were quite content with the flight as we had upgraded to Club class on our arrival at Toronto airport. The flight has little to do with our stay at the Blau though.

Our check in was fast and painless. We got to our room and were not immediately impressed as we had 2 full size beds opposed to the king sized we had requested. There were also some other deficiencies with the room we didn't like. I returned to the front desk and spoke with Kary. Kary, smiling and happy, checked the computer and made a phone call (I am assuming to housekeeping) and handed me a key to another room, instructing me to go examine the room and if it was satisfactory, to call her and let her know and she would complete the room change. I looked, it was just what we asked for and called her. We moved our belongings to the new room and I returned our old room key to the desk thanking her for her help. As always she was very pleasant and helpful. We had a great room in Patio 12 on the third floor about half way between the beach and main building. The house keeping staff are great and kept our room clean and well stocked. As a lot of other people have mentioned, our bar fridge didn't keep things cold, but we didn't really care as we weren't there to drink in our room.

The beach is incredible. Not being a beach person myself, even I found it great. I love snorkeling and the snorkeling at the beach was great. Nature, being what it is, deposits a large amount of seaweed and grass on the beach daily. Staff at the Blau work hard to keep the beach and the grounds in general in impeccable shape.

The pool is not overly large, but it is clean and has a swim up bar. Igor, the bartender at the swim up bar is a blast. Reports of watered down drinks has me wondering what some people are drinking at home. We never had a bad drink. Every bartender seems to have their own version of what a rum punch is, but that was part of the fun... finding who had the best one. Igor won hands down when he made a concoction at my direction and it turned out to be liquid dynamite. I do have to mention that he made the drink in my 52 oz Bubbakeg so the recipe is unknown. Tasty...

The food is more than good. We are not there to eat gourmet food, but you can't avoid it. Coffee is something that takes a while to find a mix that didn't knock me over, but who cares.

Can't really comment too much on the entertainment as we were both pretty much exhausted by the time it started at 9:30. We saw their tribute to the 70's and went to the karaoke night where I sang Blue Spanish Eyes in the key of "not enough alcohol in the world to make this sound good". Great fun.

We met lots of really great people and made some really nice new friends.

We went to the Blau determined to have a good time and we weren't disappointed. We had a blast and before we checked out, had made the decision that this hotel was perfect for us and we would be returning next year for 2 weeks.

If you want to be catered to and pampered, pay for it at resort that charges you for it. Don't be rude to staff and expect the world. Remember. you are a guest in their country and to be honest, you really are no one special. Leave your ego and crappy attitudes at home and enjoy your vacation. Treat people with respect and you'll be amazed how it is reciprocated. Be generous with your tipping.... because you CAN be.

We ARE going back.

2 Thank Jimdoh
Dear Guest: Thanks for your feedback. Anyway it gives me great joy know you have been satisfied with our services. What pleases me most is that I know I will see you next year at our hotel. Cordially
Clinton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Besides that my 2 cell phones were stolen by A SUPERVISOR OF ONE OF THE RESTARUANTS on the property, there is so much more wrong with this resort!

Service was horrible. Food was bland, (boiled potatoes, white rice), lacking variety, and the good food was gone before you could get to it at the buffet. The buffet frequently ran out of plates, tables frequently lacked table settings, and some of the tables themselves are too small to push your chair into. You also had to ask for water at breakfast, because it is not served. The cereal was completely stale.

There was no choice of restaurants; we were told which days to go to which restaurant, and when, and were only allowed 3 evenings of a la cart dining. The other meals are buffet. The seafood restaurant only served seafood-so if you did not eat seafood, you are out of luck. The steak house’s steak was 1 cm thick, and the Italian restaurant cooked their pasta LESS than el dente: it was hard! Service at all were lacking; we were ignored at times, and waited 25 minutes just for dessert at one of them.

We were left face towels only twice in 8 days. The housekeeping service was very inconsistent. The "well stocked" minibar consisted of only 2 bottles of soda and 2 cans of beer. They give you 1 bottle of water, and the water is the only thing that is restocked daily.

There was only 1 110 power outlet in the room, which is loose and did not hold the plug. Maintenance basically said tough. Check-in didn’t explain that a key ring was actually the token to activate electricity in the room.

There was a bright spotlight directed at our balcony all night. The bed was so hard, our bodies ached every morning. The bathroom tiles and tub looked like they needed refinishing, and the retractable cord for clothes drying was broken.

There was no information in the room at all about the resort. We were given an inaccurate map and info. with hard to read print on scrap paper with someone's personal information on the other side. There was no listing for room service except for the extension on the phone.

This NOT an Eco friendly resort! The back of the resort is completely trashed: broken tile and glass, chairs and tables, trash, broken down tractor equipment, seaweed piles, burned piles of everything-it is horrifying.

Cash is needed for the excursions. The ATM on the property is set up incorrectly- only accepting cash withdrawals from savings, because it reads as a cash advance instead of a withdrawal if you try from your checking, and is not accepted. I spent $60 on a 30 minute call to my bank to be advised of this.

Spa reception was rude, and messed up our reservation twice, calling to accuse us of being late one day, when they had the wrong date, then calling right before our appointment another date to reschedule!

There was no mention that there is no air conditioning anywhere, except in our rooms. So meals we were sweltering, because some of the fans in the main buffet restaurant did not work, either.

The beach itself is overcrowded and not upkept, littered with trash and seaweed. We were harassed by vendors all day on the beach, and several nights on the main paths of the resort. There were no servers for drinks anywhere on the beach.

The resort advertised jet skis; there are none. In fact, it is outlawed by the government here. There was extremely poor advertising of scheduled events or free watersports offered. Nightlife was lacking- there was 1 show nightly at that was worth missing.

Our trip ended at the police station to file for the Supervisor that took my phones. We knew it was going to be a bad trip when the travel agent sat us in seats on the plane that did not exist. Save your money- regardless of how great of a deal it seems.

2 Thank RaetheTravelAddict
Jordi2010, Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Dear Guest: I am very sorry that our hotel could not meet your expectations. I apologize for your inconvenience and for not being able to give you a good stay at Natura Park. Anyway thanks for your comments. Cordially

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I just returned from the Blau Natura Park Resort (Feb.10-Feb.17) and I have to say...what a fabulous resort! Beautiful greenery, wonderful staff, very clean, everything worked great, and the drinks were wonderful (plenty of selection). The food was top notch.
It's a quieter resort, which I liked for a trip with my boyfriend and parents.

Off the resort, there are plenty of excursion options. I recommend the Country Adventure excursion which takes you off the resort from 8am-4pm and you get to go shopping, drive through local villages, visit sugar cane and coffee/coco plantations, visit an elementary school, go horseback riding, etc. I also recommend going parasailing (don't pay more than $30, you can get it for that) and snorkling. Don't go through the hotel to book a snorkle trip because they charge $75 or more. I paid $20 for 2 boys who were advertising on the beach to take us out in their boat, just 10 minutes off the beach, where I could still see the resort and swim with lots of tropical fish. Bring bananas! The fish will eat it right from your hands.

For shopping, there is a market just outside the Be Live resort, 2 resorts down (only a 10 min walk down the road from the Blau) which has endless vendors to shop with! GO THERE to SHOP! They're prices are much cheaper, and you can bargain the prices. I saw $18 necklaces in the gift shop which I managed to get 2 for $15.

The only complaints I have is A) the entertainment was a little cheezy, and B) the pool was small, with not a lot of chair room all the way around. The restaurant and swim-up bar block the ability for chairs to go all the way around.The only thing that might be a downer about this resort is that it only has 1 small pool. If you're a beach person (which we were) I didn't spend much time there, but if you're a pool person, you may want to look at another resort which has more pool space and chairs.

I brought the maids things for herself, and her children. Childrne's Tylenol is appreciates, as is panty-hose. They also like name-brand clothing (Nike, etc). I happened to bring along a BUBBA Keg from Canadian Tire (must hold a litre or more of liquid) which caught the attention of many staff members! This was the greatest thing to bring I tell ya! It kept my drink cold ALL DAY! If you wanna bring a gift, the staff took a liking to it.

All in all, I would definitely go back! I'm a large fan of the Blau Company in general, the Blau Colonial in Cayo Coco CUBA is also fantastic!

1 Thank piccottk
Jordi2010, Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you so much your comments. I will consider all suggestions as to beds and drinks. I would like to see you once again to our resort.
Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

Was truly surprised by the beauty of the grounds, birds and all the little lagoons. Our room was very nice, only the beds are to hard, would be nice if they were a little softer. Rooms were kept very clean, lots of hot water when showering. Only once our room was not cleaned by the maid??? Food was good, did have a nice flavor most of the time. Drinks however could of been better, could of used better brands, not bad if you are a beer drinker. Wine, red and white I found was very good. Bartending staff at the beach bar (close to the kayak rental) did not seem at all happy with his job! I know they don't make a lot of money but a smile would be nice. Rest of staff quite pleasant. The beach to the left of the resort was absolutely beautiful for walking (no resorts) nice tropical setting. First time flying with Sunwing, great flight and staff!!! Lots of kids, if you are looking for more of an adult like setting, this is not the place to go the pool was full of kids.

1 Thank Wildlifesearcher
renfrew
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

First of all let me just state that if people are expecting ultra luxury then you must pay thousands of dollars for this privilege. Most all inclusives, even the five stars are not uber luxury resorts. You are staying in the Dominican Republic where life is a bit more relaxed.
If you go and are searching for negatives, then you will find them.
As for my wife and I, we don't expect perfection, and know that people get too hung up on the "star ratings". A resort gets stars for many factors, such as proximity to airport, number of pools and other such criteria.
The Blau Natura was a wonderful resort.
Check in took only 10 minutes, and the front desk staff were very helpful and courteous.
To all of those people who say the staff were glum and rude etc. we did not experience this at all. It is just logic that if you smile and are friendly and courteous to other people, they will reciprocate. We saw tourists treat staff like mere servants, being abrupt, rude and just plain surly. Then they expect staff to be all smiley and friendly. Smarten up! We saw one lady go totally ballistic because in the Dominican, they still allow smoking in public places. She was screaming at a staff member for this, like it was his fault, and causing a ridiculous scene, going to tell all of Canada not to go there, blah, blah, blah because it's just not acceptable etc., etc. I interjected and told her " this isn't Canada, and maybe she should do a bit of research before she goes to a foreign country" What a twit!
A tip for travellers, be friendly, smile and try to make a few friends, you will be treated nicely in return. Makes sense yes?
As for the resort itself, it is showing it's age a bit, and could use an upgrade here and there, but like I said it's the Dominican, they'll do it Manana!(tomorrow).
The room we had was very nice, no real big problems, had hot water, bed was comfy, only thing was that the old fridge wasn't that cold. The maid always made us towel art and decorated with nice flowers every day. Always had soap and shampoo. Read that sometimes, people didn't get theirs. Just ask for it you twits, then they'll bring it for you. They clean a lot of rooms during the day and are only human, the odd thing gets forgotten, but will follow up when reminded.
The grounds are beautiful, lots of scenic greenery, ponds, flowers and of course all the different animals that call it home from birds, to geckos.
The beach was great, beautiful white sand, good swimming, just some seaweed in that particular area that washes up on shore. There is staff that trys to rake it up and keep it as clean as possible.
As for people complaining about the "aggressive vendors" they hardly bother you on the beach at all. They'll walk by and ask if you want something, but a simple no gracias will suffice. There are vendors that come to the resort and set up around the bar and buffet area. They can be a bit agressive, but that is just their way, we just laugh it off, and once again just smile, engage them but simply just say no gracias and they will retreat. Be friendly-they respect that! Don't be rude jerks like some people.
The staff all over the resort were very friendly and helpful, at least to us anyway, because we are friendly and courteous to them. Treat them like you would like to be treated and you will make friends.
Had no complaints about the food. We realize that we are in a third world, Carribean country, where food is a bit different, and cooked in a bit of a different way.
If you can't find something you like, then there is something wrong with you.
There are salads with all the fixings, including different dressings, cold meats, cheese,soups, etc. As far as meat, there was beef, chicken, pork, ham, chicken, turkey, even rabbit!
There were many types of sea food, various types of pastas and sauces, desserts galore, and plenty of varieties of breads, waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon etc. for breakfast.
The show at night were of pretty good quality, they all work very hard and do their best. They also have many activities around the pool and beach area during the day. Of course the merengue music is always great to hear.
It's funny to just sit back and watch the other people at the resort. It's sad to see that some people come so stressed that they just can't relax, fret over small trivial things, and expect the Tal Mahal!
People yelling at their kids, obviously have no people skills when it comes to staff and vendors, being rude obnoxious drunks with no tact and courtesy or respect to both staff and other people staying at the resort.
My advice- if you want a nice, decent, clean, relaxing resort and have the attitude to not sweat/fret over little, trivial things, then by all means, the Blau Natura is the place for you.
If you expect perfection and ultra luxury, and want to live like kings and queens, then pay your thousands of dollars and go to that type of resort.
People, remember- you are in the Dominican Republic, not Canada etc. Learn to act and be like a Dominican. Take life easy, relax don't worry about stupid little problems. You are on vacation. You don't have to cook, clean, or work for awhile. Chill on the beach, eat what you normally like, have a few drinks, enjoy the show, maybe go on an excursion or two. But just focus on the posititves and have a great stress free time.

5 Thank senatorbrian
Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments so thoughtful. I deeply appreciate your ratings on the treatment staff, it is very important because as you say are human. I would like to see you again in our hotel Natura Park. Best Regards,
windsor nova scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

Family of 5 couples stayed at your wonderful hotel from Feb 4 to 11. Check in a breeze very friendly staff.This was our second time to this resort and enjoyed it as much this time as 2008.The grounds were beautiful and gardeners and pool staff were always busy doing their jobs. some of the couples ate at the alacartes and found the steak and grill very good. myself found the buffett had a very good variety and very good food . Cannot remember our maids name but we were in room 1153 and she did an amazing job for us and the other couples. Would also like to thank Wunder and Jose at the beach bar for their humor and entertaining personalites.The only complaint i have is that i wanted a wheel chair one evening but only had 1 but needed for emergency. We still enjoyed our stay and hope to return again

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stevenfrizzell
Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments; I am very happy with your comment. I apologize for your inconvenience to wheelchair requested, we will consider. I hope to see you in the future for our Resort.