5,035 results
All reviews seafood media luna la gondola select room animation team steak a la carte restaurants pink flamingos swim up bar main bar grounds are beautiful dominican night italian restaurant nightly entertainment white sand night life an excursion
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Booked this resort for a 10 day stay with 2 kids (3 & 6) from April 3rd to 13th. I have to start by saying that I have been to over 5 different resorts in PC, and this one I ranked 'fair' as we wanted somewhere to go on a budget and knew that we were not going to the Barchelo, RIU, or Viva Wyndham. The truth is I wish I paid a little bit more and went somewhere that had more of the luxuries that I am accustomed to. But the costs to go back to the higher end ones did not make sense, when our kids only ate chicken fingers and pizza.

It was easy to check in and out. The charge for the safe is a joke and a money grab. $35USD. And then because my husband had to do some work the Wifi was $65USD for the 10 days. So they stole from us an extra $100USD for nothing. But the Internet worked so my husband was able to do his work. I have never had to pay for these minor services before, so I have to say the add-ons were very suspicious and not welcomed.

So to summarize, the ROOMS (non select) were very basic and looked like it was painted about 2-4 years ago. The furniture was very dated, but I appreciated the rattan wood instead of the plastic you now see everywhere. The TV was a 21" old school CRT with no HDMI or other inputs. We didn't even watch it. The BEDS were double and firm, so we pushed them together and had all of us sleeping nicely together. No romance here. There is day bed that is used as a couch, so it can be used as a sleeper. THE BATHROOM. OMG, that was the worst. First of all our doors were wood slats that did not allow for ANY privacy. This was also true for the toilet stall. There was no exhaust fan. So Dad was kind enough to wait for the family to leave before hitting the throne. The CLEANING service was great and we tipped up front to hopefully get better service. Beds were made daily, fridge stocked with Beer and Soda and water. Floors mopped and the room was spotless. Our room was 1254 which looked over the service road and a utility shed. Fairly quite until about 5:30am when the resident rooster would wake everyone up. Party time. We had some weird issues with our room. Sand would rain in at random from the ceiling above the shower. My husband said that was due to a backup of the water. This happened 2 times before it seemed to get fixed (which we called and the service came to inspect).

The FOOD was good but the sense of urgency from everyone to get to the only buffet made me uneasy, and I felt rushed and not a pleasant time to eat. With only 3 restaurants this resort is very limited on the menu. I felt that they cheaped out on the important things such as fake Orange Juice. Was sweet and artificial. The dinner buffet offered a variety each night and thankfully was changed often. Same breakfast, and lunch. Husband ate Fajita's 10 different ways. Food for kids was NOT easy. So they ate what they could and seemed happy. You get what you pay for here. No frills. Service was good. Staff very young so they were not overly concerned about us.

The grounds well kept and the animals that were kept there were beautiful and a nice addition. But it was funny. Here is why. They outsource their garden maintenance crew so there was no one picking up garbage. So we would see the same straws, water bottle caps and cigarette butts day in and day out. I felt that they spent their budget on keeping the animals happy and flowers watered, but left the other necessities to the way side. The other areas, were needing repair, cracks in the cement tiles missing or cracking when you walk into the pool. My daughter tripped up the stairs walking up to the pool bar because there was a large gap between the wood and the cement. There are some dangers lurking around, so you have to be mindful when walking at night, or after drinking. You can easily roll your ankle if you are not careful.

The POOL. Meh. The swim up bar, terrible and there is a waterfall as you walk in and out. WHO wants their hair wet or fecal water dumped in their drinks. Gross. Not to mention it was a dungeon with no life or any good character. If you are a swim up bar type of person DO NOT GO HERE. Limited shade which is sad, and not thoughtfully planned patio. Had to chase the palm trees for shade. Not really relaxing either. Only one pool so that was an issue, and the children's pool was a joke and NO shade until about 5pm. The lunch Buffet was small and beside the pool. Again crammed, everyone rushing to get fed, just felt very uneasy and NOT at all an overly enjoyable experience. Found broken glass around the pool on numerous occasions as they use that dining area for the La Perla seafood. BE CAREFUL.

The BEACH, well it is Punta Cana, so it is beautiful. The ground though if you dig an inch is littered with cigarette butts so they are not racking the sand. Who knows what else is lurking under there. Very limited shade options, again not thoughtfully planned. Had to sit near the beach dinning area to get shade if needed. If you love the sun, they there is plenty. The ocean was choppy, and the weeds washed up to about 1 foot high after a storm. Took 2 days to clean that up. If you like to star gaze there are massive security lights on either end of the beach area pointed right at you. So it was hard to sit out there at night, and uncomfortable.

The kids area is not up to today's standards. And our kids would not go back. They loved the staff though and I have to say thank you to Coffee for making our kids feel so at ease.

The staff is what makes Natura a nice enough place for most people I can see that now.

Yeah, and we met so many people that loved this place so much that they have been coming here for years (some twenty years). I understand why, as it can been seen as an easy place to stay with comfortable amenities (especially the staff), for people on a budget. We will not be coming back here as there are so many nice places in PC and around the DR.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotelnaturapak2018, Asistente Dirección at Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Matthew;

We would like to thank you for sharing this opinion on your recent stay at the Blau Natura Park hotel. We are glad to know that you felt a great treatment from our staff and particularly from our lovely Coffee with whom we have shared your comments. The whole team works hard to guarantee that we offer a high quality service and distinctive, memorable experience.

We apologize that our hotel didn’t meet your expectations in the areas mentioned above and thank you once again for mentioning those points that we will continue to improve.

We sincerely value your comments and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust in our product and service.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We've been to Natura park 3 times now. We love the small size, proximity to everything, the pool is great, beach is amazing, friendly staff, good food and alcohol. We've taken our adult children and two other couples. We plan to come back with friends as often as possible.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Captain155;

We would like to thank you for choosing the Blau Natura Park hotel for the 3rd time as your holiday’s destination in Punta Cana.

It is great to hear that our attentive staff, comforting environment and the quality of our food and beverage created a truly memorable stay at our Resort. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and yours fiends back for another great stay very soon.

Once again we thank you for this great opinion, it has been a pleasure for us to read it and
it will be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Cordially,

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I got a groupon deal that included flights from Miami and the all inclusive hotel stay, but had a hard time finding information about the resort beforehand. We looked at customer reviews, but could find very little info on the hotels actual website. Anyway, with a 4 night stay, we were only allowed to make 1 al la carte restaurant reservation. That didn’t particularly bother me because I understand that everyone wants to go and the restaurants are smaller, plus with excursions we only had the one night where we were sure we would make it. However, they only have one restaurant open at a time, so that limited the choices.
Entertainment was available during the day and in the evening in the form of dance lessons, competitions with games, magic shows, etc.
the day we arrived (Thursday) there were many vendors set up on the grounds and walkways that bombarded us whenever we walked anywhere, but the rest of the visit was clear of vendors.
Our original room was what I thought would be two queen beds, but they were more like two twin beds. The hotel had no problem switching us to a room with a king bed in a nicer location which was nice.

Overall, we had a good time. The resort is older though, and could definitely use some repairs.

Beach was great.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2019

A value for money 4 Star hotel. Worth playing the extra for the Select service. You need to reserve your 3 evening restaurant slots as soon as you arrive. Otherwise they will be full. Cocktails are good at all the bars.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Navigate;

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Blau Natura Park.

As a service-oriented company, we have a strong commitment to achieve our guests’ satisfaction. Your comments is very values and important; knowing that your expectations were met is really valuable for us, since our top priority is always our guests satisfaction.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Best regards

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

For context, we are a family of 4 with two 6 and 4.5 year old boys. This was our first family trip ... not visiting either of our families since having kids. We chose this resort because of the advertised natural setting and animals - the boys love nature. I have been to Punta Cana at another resort before. This was the first time for my husband.

Ok here we go:

ROOM: spacious, dingy looking but clean, desperately needs an upgrade. As far as rooms go, as long as it’s clean I don’t care that much about looks as I sleep with my eyes closed anyways ;) We got a regular room with 2 beds and a sofa was converted into a daybed for one of our boys. We got a great view of the beach - not that this was important for us. I read other reviews that state that the entire hotel will be renovated by the end of this year so the dated room - I get. The bed and pillow were not comfortable for me. My neck was stiff all week but that’s just me I guess. And perhaps they will be changed with the renovations.

Bathroom was dated and dingy but again, clean. The toilet was running a lot but it worked every time!

AMENITIES: There is one large pool in the middle of the resort. It was of course a big hit with the kids. There was also an attached bubble pool (not hot tub). There was a pool car with a waterfall. It was all nice. A small kiddie pool was also attached. I noticed some algae or something in the grout of this pool. Wasn’t too happy with that. There were enough poolside loungers but a real lack of umbrellas. I thought this was ridiculous. There should have been twice more umbrellas available as the sun these days is really hot and damaging. While I love the heat, I don’t like to get burned.

GROUNDS: the natural setting of the grounds was beautiful. There were so many birds and ducks. The staff really took care of the walkways. We saw many flamingos, koi-looking fish, turtles, peacocks, pigeons, ducks, cranes, other small black birds and a few lizzie’s here and there. The kids loved seeing them and we did too.

FOOD: I’m from the Caribbean and am used to flavourful, delicious food (my mom is the best cook I’ve known so no one or nowhere will ever be better). I also do not go to all-inclusives for gourmet food. Nevertheless, the food was quite tasty and there was a lot of it at the buffet. We had the option to eat at 3 sit down restaurant meals. La Perla which was mostly a seafood menu -was not a hit with me. It seemed they threw sauce on fish. I was really not happy and did not eat much that night. This was disappointing to me as I look forward to food seafood on all islands. The Gondola was Italian. That was much better and very filling. The last restaurant (the Steakhouse) was AMAZING - dare I say - even almost gourmet. The soup was to die for...really. The mains were fantastic. I don’t eat red meat but I had some chicken with vegetables and it was delicious. My belly was really happy that evening.

My one critique regarding food is that there were gaps between breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of the other all-inclusives I have been to at least have a snack bar open 24/7. This one did not. Another thing I did not like was that the bar overlooking the pool did not open until late in the afternoon (after 1pm) on a few days despite the claiming that it opened at 11:30. This was disappointing because if you were outside, the only place to get a drink was all the way on one side of the beach or at the pool bar.....and I did not always want to get wet just to get a drink. That was very annoying. The main bar was great. Iris makes the best mojito :)

BEACH: the beach had fine white sand, which we expect of Punta Cana, but there was a wall of seaweed along the whole stretch (2 feet wide and 1.5 feet tall-at it’s worst)....even on the other resorts next to us. The men could not pick it up fast enough with their forks and little tractor wagon. They really needed a plow of some sort. I felt horrible for them but I was not happy either - not their fault - but the resorts should come together and buy these men proper equipment so people can enjoy the beach and not have to jump over a wall of seaweed. For this reason alone I would not return here - truly disappointing.....I go for the beach and ocean.

ENTERTAINMENT: Every night at 8 pm there was a kids show or movie. Then at 9:30 there was a show geared toward adults but kids could stay - ours did. They were entertaining and the entertainment staff did a great job keeping us entertained. My only critique here is that the shows started really late - 9:30 pm! They should do a kids show at 7 and the regular programming at 8 or 830.

KIDS CLUB: there was a kids club on the beach, equipped with slides and swings outside and an indoor area where kids could play video games, colour, board games and other things. The staff at the club were really nice. Our kids were shy to stay there without us but enjoyed themselves while there.

STAFF: AMAZING. I really can’t say enough. The cooks, servers, cleaners, hostesses, bar staff, entertainment staff were all friendly and genuine.

We really did enjoy our week at this resort.I really don’t expect much, but the seaweed situation at the beach (the ONE thing I really expect to be relaxing because that’s what is different than at home) turned me off. I will of course go back to Punta Cana, but at a seaweed-less beach resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family