My wife and I booked this trip in April 2010, about 2 days before going there, so we got it at Uber cheap price (700$ Can per person, tax included) for Flight and Hotel from Montréal, Canada.
Make sure to ask for King size bed BEFORE going and even then, you're not sure to have it. We had to change room (from a 2 beds to a king ) mid trip and unfortunately, the A/C was defective in our new room... The mini-bar is useful, with 2 Brahma cans every day, cola and 1 bottled water. All rooms have a balcony.
Limited access to the A La Carte restaurants but good nonetheless. The buffet is surprisingly good and change menus regularly. Loved the fresh fruits smoothies in the morning and the "eggs-it your way" stations. Smoked salmon some mornings. For lunch, go to the grill/buffet @ La Perla, near the beach. They have a Hot-Dog/Hamburger stand running all afternoon on the beach too. Room service available during restaurant hours.
A La Carte:
La Gondola (Italian)
Even if it's located behind the main buffet restaurant, the food served there is different and has a quality to it. The Antipasto buffet is well furnished... try the Carpaccio! For dessert, the cannolis were amazing but most probably the only pastry worth it on the whole site.
Media Luna (Steakhouse / Grill)
Best location on the site (near the flamingo pond) but least interesting food. Closer to a Sports Bar menu...
La Perla (Seafood)
Basic menu but well prepared food. The mixed Grill on the menu is worth trying.
No premium brands (or close to none) served, even on rhum (no Barcelo or Brugal!) House brand is Royal (!). Amarulla, Johnnie Walker Red and some other Bourbon available but nothing to write home about. Only tap beer.
POOL, BEACH and ACTIVITIES
Notice the singular for pool...basic activities near it all day with animation. Beach front is calm (like anywhere else in Punta Cana) and vendors spawn from everywhere (like anywhere else in Punta Cana!) Sand is smooth and you have access to basic non-motorized equipment (snorkel, catamaran, etc.) Tennis court and Spa on site too.
Don't expect grandiose shows CopaCabana style, you won't find it.
The excursions and time-sharing reps are a pest but if that's what it takes to keep it cheap, I'll deal with it.
The location has it's charms. You feel like nature surrounds you, not like many other resorts that put concrete all over the place to have it "clean".
You feel safe and secured in this place.
Tourists came from Canada, USA, Europe and South America when we were there. Nice crowd, not pretentious nor snob.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel