The reviews I've found about this hotel are basically true, it's no 4-5 star like the hotel advertises, in my opinion it's a 3. You do get what you pay for and this place is quite inexpensive compared to the other 4 and 5 star properties in Punt Cana.
room- very dated, hair dryer looks like a floby from the 90's, no chain lock on door only the standard lock like you have on your bedroom door at home, made us a little uneasy, air conditioner does not cool the room to the temp you set, we had it at 50 the whole time and it probably didn't get cooler than 75 in the room, the ceiling fan was our saving grace and that made an annoying ticking sound (exactly like a metronome), also the toilet was broken and water ran in it constantly, i told the desk three times, it never got fixed, we just took the lid off and fixed it ourselves every time we flushed
safe in the room - $24 for the week, yes you have to pay for this, ridiculous in my opinion
wifi - $25 per day
food - quite excellent, good variety, a la cartes were good as well, drinks are your standard lower quality all-inclusive drinks
animacion team at the pool - fantastic! if you like joining on all the activities you will like this hotel
front desk staff - some were good some not at all, I went to tell them about a problem and they guy goes "no english, talk to that guy" so i go over to the other guy and he gets mad at him for sending me to him then goes in the back to complain to someone and then gets mad at him in front of me, then looks at me with a very annoyed face and asks what I want
beach - yes there is seaweed, you are on a beach and that is the ocean beside you, stuff washed up from time to time, yes they cleaned it, sometimes even twice a day, it comes back immediately, however on our last day their was none...?
general upkeep- staff were cleaning/maintaining the property at all times however the pool is in need of some repairs, the rooms are also in need of fixing up but at this point the hotel needs a complete overhaul to bring it back up to a 5 star rating.
vacationers - not all families like I've read, a good mix of everyone
maids - they come into your room whenever they please, at other hotels i've been to no sign on the door means don't come in, yes we should have put the sign out but i forgot the first night and the next a.m. the maid comes in promptly at 8 a.m. unannounced, this happened numerous times randomly throughout our stay. Make sure you put it out if you don't want them to see your husband in his underwear and you naked.
In short, we got what we paid for, wouldn't go back but would tell others to go there if they were looking for a decent place that's clean yet outdated and fairly inexpensive.
stayed here feb 21 - 28, 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel