“Very Relaxing vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Edmonton, Canada
“Very Relaxing vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a beautiful resort but needs some up-dates to the rooms, the staff on a scale of 1-10 for friendliness were a 5, if you didn't speak to them they didn't speak to you, with the exception of a few great people working there. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh water, soda pop and beer were restocked every day.

There are 3 Ala Cart restaurants on this resort and the food was AMAZING, the buffet was good but found it was very repetitious. Overall I would say it was definitely a 8 on a scale from 1-10, for the first time at a resort I really enjoyed the experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HollyM1961

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My only concern with this resort was the room. My room was outdated but always clean! The staff were AMAZING, made us feel at home. I actually enjoyed the food and thought there was a great variety to choose from. The Scenery around the resort is beautiful also. I would return no questions asked!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kelly P
Sofia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

The room was dirty and worn-дкш
WC door is with wooden blinds and that insures all smell and sound to pass in the bedroom. It is terrible door.Who invented it.
Realy the stars of this resort can be 2 or 3. It is the real level .
The food was satisfactory.
Two of the alacart restorants are seems like haylofts.
In the fish alacart restorant the fish food was cold and bad smelling.
The best in the resort was ANIMACION TEAM.
From morning till late in the night the team was dancing and entertaining the guests on the best way

Room Tip: Rooms that are far from the theatre noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vesselin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been in 4 1/2 **** hotel in cuba and Mexico, and i would for sur recommande blau nature, the people were great and guys,the barman Christian at the theatre bar he's the best awesome guy. worth to tip and get serve by him for the animation team " Banana " very funny and friendly very sweet peoples. it is not a big resort so you see same people around and you can't loose your friends really but its great because it helps meeting new peoples.
FOOD: food is great sometime it comes back at the buffet but there lots theme and food is good.
RESTAURANT: i recommande steakhouse beef fillet wow very good steak. Italian and seafood are also good.
GYM: i would say it need an update but still good for what you need.
CLEANESS: i find it very clean place they sweep and clean lots its good
TEMPATURE: WOW!!!!!!!!! thats all i have to say :)
ROOM: very clean, need little better lights, but overall great.

NEGATIVE SIDE: I find excusions are little over price for what you'll get. but this is not really the hotel its outside. So dont be scared to go its great place

3 Thank Steeve1981
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Very good overall. Food is good, lots of choice, but choices never change. Would be nice to see some changes in the food- is the same every day. Would be nice to have some granola or a grown-up cereal choice. Restaurants were very nice. We went same day we checked in and got two reservations for our last two days. I wouldn't take kids to the seafood restaurant unless they like real (mussels, octopus, etc) seafood, not just fillets! Should have a kids menu like the steak one. The sangria that they served at Dominican Night was the best!!! They do really try hard and do whatever they can for you.

For the best drink see Anthony at the swim-up bar and ask for his 'special cocktail-blue lemon tequila'. Is the best one there, but not on the list. Is tangy and not sickeningly sweet like most of the others.

Beach was beautiful, powder sand, no rocks, but is always grass floating in the water. Would be nice if they had someone in the water with a net scooping it out. Was always room on the beach, could always find seats at beach or at the pool, but usually not a palapa unless u got up very early.

Pool nice size, but again didn't seem to be cleaned from grass daily. Top steps on either side of swim up bar not cleaned all week. Small detail, but you see it daily!

Rooms were old style. Whole resort style is dark wood, is nice, but makes it dated, but charming. I kept feeling that Rudyard Kipling would be sitting at the bar in the main lobby telling tales about his safari!! Most important it was kept clean, maids were good daily, refilled shampoo and coffee and fridge daily.

Check in and check out we're no problem for us, but I think they think all people from Canada are French because lots of Qubeckers go there. Be sure your papers are in English. You do have to pay 24 dollars American for the safe for one week. Get money changed to American and in small bills-1,5 and 10's. They all seem to prefer American dollars to their local currency, and forget about Canadian dollars!!

They do have a small room with a toilet and two showers for people leaving on the last day, but no lounge like some places have. Was the only room I would say was not the cleanest. No shampoo available. Also get a towel from front desk if there is none there. But the chairs in the lobby are large, and ok for a nap.

They do have a bit of a book exchange in the towel exchange house, but it would be nice if this was moved to a couple of bookshelves up in the reading room on the second floor of the lobby-you could have more time to browse without getting in the towel lady's way!

Is a very quiet resort, lots of older people. They do not have games and music blasting all the time at the pool. Is great for families with young children, they do not have a targeted teen program. They do have a games lounge with a pool table, a Ping pong table, a small t v and 2 fooze ball tables, but is not open all day, just after 5pm.

Internet ok, just in the lobby. We paid 60$ American for one week. You can use any device you like, but only one at a time. Or u can pay 25$ American for 24 hours, does not have to be continuous.

Take mosquito spray, I got 20 bites on my legs, but my husband and children didn't get more than 3.

We went with Nolitours and had the best service we ever had from the rep there-Carolina. She helped us lots, and was available almost daily. They even had a special BBQ on the beach one night for the Nolitours people- very nicely done!!

Staff is really nice, but the ones in white shirts never smile. I wanted to make funny faces at them to see if I could get them to crack!!! :)

Night time programs are good, they sure put a lot of spirit into it!! No real cappuccino in the hotel, just from machines. And also minor complaint that the bar in the lobby does not open until 10:30 am. Should be open earlier. Also, no place to eat after the show finishes at 10:30 pm, to get snack before u go to bed. They say the far restaurant is open, but when we went they told us was closed. At least they should leave a cookie/cracker table out for snack. I had to keep cookies for the kids from the buffet for after.

I would have liked to see a little more security and formality at the kids club- sign in and sign out, and someone outside with the kids at all times, not just sitting inside the building looking thru the window. People just came randomly and called their kids out of the yard. Also you have to get your kids between 12-1 and feed them, so you have to watch your clock all the time, and they don't have snacks on hand for the kids. My son is 5, and he did want to go back for several days for 1-2 hours, so he was having fun there!

Grounds are beautiful and well maintained, and birds beautiful to see. The kids had a blast feeding the fish every day with bread that the hotel put out.

Overall was a beautiful resort, clean, and I would go back. Food was a little bland, but is lots of choice, and they have salt!! Had a good time.
Staff was hard working, which means the world!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Michael J
Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We just spent 2 weeks on our 2nd trip to Natura Park in 5 years. Absolutely love this resort. The rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable. The food is very good with lots of variety and the menu changes every night. The grounds and pathways are phenomenal and virtually cut out of the jungle. This is a smaller resort so you don't need to walk miles to get to the beach, buffet or your room. Snorkel right off the beach. Lots of relaxation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Brian078
Elora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was our third time to Punta Cana and our first time at this resort. We went the week of January 17th with another couple. After reading all the reviews, I was a bit skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised. The good definitely outweighed the bad and we had a fantastic time. We picked this resort because it was cheaper then the others and we knew that it was older but figured hey, we are going for the sun and the sand so we'll see how it goes.

THE GOOD: Small resort, everything is in close proximity which makes it so much enjoyable to get around and be, well lazy :) If we wanted to pop back to our room to grab something it was no big deal. The beach was beautiful and we never had a problem finding a beach lounger or a tiki hut for shade. The beach bar was great and there was never any huge wait to get our drinks. The pool was close and again never any problems finding a lounger in the afternoon. I noticed nobody really hung out at the pool bar but probably because it was shaded and cooler...most people just grabbed the drinks and sauntered on :) The food was great, plenty of selection at the main buffet and the pool buffet. The grounds are beautiful and covered in trees and birds, very nice. I like the look better some of the perfectly manicured resorts we have stayed at. The lobby bar and theatre where the shows are held are in the same "lobby" which I thought might be a bit strange, but I loved it! You can sit and have a drink and if you want to see what is going on at the show just walk over and see or grab a seat early. The shows were packed every night (probably because of this). The Michael Jackson show was AWESOME and I am not even a big fan of him, but they did a great job! The resort is quiet and relaxing at night.

THE BAD: Check -in and Check out was absolutely brutal! Everyone who had complained about this was right! I thought maybe people were just getting too worked up, but honestly it was bad. Two of the three guys had no clue what we were doing. We checked in with only 6 other people.....and it was a circus. It took almost an hour to even figure out where we were going and to get our room safe. They made my husband fill out all these forms for the room safe and then some other guy told him (somewhat) that those weren't even the right forms...they forgot our remote and in our little "package" the information wasn't even in English it was french....Then we got to our room and as like everyone else, we weren't too impressed. However, I knew that the rooms were sub-par so I wasn't shocked. Honestly, they are totally fine, they are just older, nothing has been updated and we got two double beds...but after the hassle at the front desk we just said "whatever". Our actual location was perfect we were room 4128 and backed onto the gardens and the beach so at night and in the morning we could hear the ocean and the birds...it was really nice. More importantly though, our rooms were cleaned everyday with our fridge fully stocked! The water pressure was AMAZING! I was shocked! We stayed at 4.5 star resorts in Punta Cana with beautiful rooms....but horrible water pressure so that was a plus for me! Overall, I didn't let the room bother me because it really wasn't that bad, kind of reminded me of a cottage and we were only in there to sleep so I could care less. I wasn't too impressed with having to pay for the safe, we had never had to do that. Also, by mid-week we were getting pretty annoyed at all the guys selling stuff, you name it they were trying to sell it. They would come right up to your beach chair and even in the resort they would set up spots on the walkway so you would have to walk past them....it was annoying, but we just said no and were on our way...but near the end of our trip it really starts to get on your nerves. So that was really the only real negative thing about the resort!

Overall, I think you have to weigh what is important to you in a vacation. We got a great deal on this resort and I was very pleased as so was the other couple we went with. Everyone that works there is super-friendly and the food, drinks, sun and sand were fantastic. We had a wonderful vacation! The only main thing that sticks out as a bummer was the check in and out...but that's about it. I made a point of writing this review because I feel too many people are too hard on this resort. I hope this helps!

Room Tip: We were in block IX it was a nice spot close to the beach and pool. I would say rooms closest to th...
13 Thank valburgers