“Was hoping for morph”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #78 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Was hoping for morph”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Keeping in mind this was a 3 star hotel I was still very disappointed with the rooms, besides being severely outdated the bug problem (including cockroaches) is a real issue. We were on the second floor and still had a real problem. When we informed the staff they did spray but a few days later they were back. I don' t care how many stars a hotel has it should not have bugs in the room. We stayed for 2 weeks the food was OK but my cousin and I both had stomach issues they said it was probably from eating the salad as it is not washed properly( another thing that is an easy fix). The beach is beautiful ( could have picked up the seaweed more regularly) , the weather was gorgeous couldn't have asked for anything better. The best part of the hotel was its entertainment staff, they were fantastic can't say enough good about them. Thank you guys! We did have a horrible experience with the Internet provider, our service was awful and the people selling you the service were rude, we even had the hotel manager speak with them but they just didn't care , in my opinion they should be thrown off the property they are a poor reflection on the hotel. All in all we enjoyed being away but probably wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jane D
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity to serve you. I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have had in the room. Our hotel maintains a constant spraying program in order to keep our rooms clean and free of insects typical of this zone. We also have a team of workers to keep the beach clean. I appreciate your compliments to our entertainment team.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I never understood why some people were critical about this resort until now. I had been to this resort 5 times before and I went again this August for 10 days and what could have been a nice vacation again turned out to be not so nice. I called few days before coming and asked if I could have the room that I had before. Someone, politely, said they would try. And yes, they had this room available (and the room next to it too), and I found out why. Both rooms didn't have AC working. Well, they gave me another room with great AC, but 2 days later I got neighbors who were heavy smokers. And my only requirement had always been just decent AC and non smoking part of the hotel - and noone before had a problem with it. Is that too much to ask, am I so fussy? I don't think so. I was told at the front desk that my neighbors paid extra for the view and they could do nothing about the situation - all rooms in this hotel are the same category except for 5 or 6 suites on the beach. They tossed me back to my first room and I was told AC was workink now. Only it wasn't. Late at night I "realised" that I paid quite a lot (solo traveller must pay single room supplement so it is quite an amount altogether)for my vacation and I was about to get really sick if I stayed in this temperature. AC is not a luxury there, it's a necessity. I called front desk and they sent someone to check "my story". The guy confirmed everything and, finally, I received a room that I could have had right from the begining if anybody bothered to check the rooms - it's part of someone's job. And, if you are lucky and get a room with good AC and you smoke, you are are fine and until it happens to you, you have no idea about some guests being treated the way I was. And I was a guest who kept coming back which proves I do not require much , but that's what happened. I was even told that some guests who were not happy transferred to another hotel - bravo, that's the right attitude. Other than the front desk, service is fine, maids are great, food is good,beach is the best. I still had 7 days left so I thought my vacation was somewhat saved but someone decided otherwise. The day I was leaving, 30-40 minutes before my pick up time, I called the bell boy number and no answer so I called front desk and they promised someone would come in 5 minutes or so. When noone came, I called again and no response. And I needed help since I am not young (67) and I was in patio 7 (by the beach) and lobby is at the other end of the resort. So not to miss my pick up I had to "run" at the very last moment dragging 2 heavy bags. They were really surprised to see me. The front desk is totally male dominated now, they are polite and don't give a damn. So it seems, women travelling solo (not to mention older) should not go there. Altogether, a nice hotel, but one person (or more) with a wrong attitude will ruin everything and I wonder why? People that I dealt with before were totally different, always helpfull,if necessary. Checking the rooms (especially if AC works right) should be number one on the agenda of Natura Park's management - they seem to be checking costantly VIP suite (2248 in patio 7) - I know because my room was next to it; so they know what it should be like. And the " Dear guest, we are sorry...." won't do it. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Christina D
Dear Guest: Despite you do not want to receive my apologies for all the inconveniences presented during your stay, I feel the duty to apologize with you and I deeply regret that you remain a repeat guest is gone unsatisfied. I would have liked to receive your comments at the appropriate time and have done more for your demands. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.
Cordially
Sintra, Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at Natura Park for one week with my boyfriend.. the entire week was dedicated to relax. The beach was pretty nice and the hotel as well. On the first night we had sme troubles with some cockroaches there were walking inside our room. I called the reception and the guy told me that he was going to send someone to kill the cocroaches and I was I won't be able to sleep in here.. so we change to another room, and this one was on the first floor. The rest of the week was perfect! The restaurant has a lot of good food.. there are several types of food that you can chose. We visited Ilha Saona and it was the most beautiful place were I've ever been, so quiet.. and perfect. We also swam with dolphins in the middle of the ocean.. an unforgetable experience.
We will certainly come back.

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FilipadoO
Dear guest: I'm very glad to know that you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable week in our hotel, which enjoyed the variety of food and the warmth of our beach. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had in the room. I hope you come back soon again.
Very cordially
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been going to the Dominican Republic for 14 years. This hotel is absolutely beautiful especially is you love nature. Keep in mind a 5***** in the Dominican Republic or anywhere else is NOT like a 5***** Marriott in the USA. If that is what you want, stay in the USA. If you love beautiful beaches and nature, this is a lovely hotel. Nearly every room has a pond/lagoon outside the room with heron, flamingos. peacocks geese ducks etc. The palm trees and other foilage are heavy and gorgeous. Several bridges are covered with Bamboo trees, creating a tunnel. The food is better than the other hotels where we have stayed as other hotels typically put out platters of mixed up left overs. The food was great here and the staff is wonderful,. The entire staff is eager to please. The animacion/entertainment team is great (Blackie, Cappachino et al are great with fun activities) The bar tenders/waiters are great, Vander, Eduardo and Daniel and Samuel and Iris. Over 14 years of visits to various hotels, I am convinced that there is not alcohol in those pretty liquor bottles, probably as a way of controlling the crowds at the pool so I don't really blame the hotels. If you like Dominican Rum, I suggest buying a small bottle of Brugal Rum and mix your own cuba libre. The fruity drinks get old when there is no alcohol in them. Beds are more comfortable than the other hotels but again, not a pillow top mattress. Rooms have refrigerators stocked with sodas and beer. The beach is beautiful with gentle ocean waves and enough rock formation to snorkel and see some beautiful fish. I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank coxdebracox
Dear Guest: I feel really happy to know that you have plans to return and also to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you very much for your kind words and for your goals comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me days priors your next visit.
Cordially
Bacau, Romania
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is a park! It's got ups and downs, but there is no down to come withouth a few ups! The rooms are kind of old, but they are in a dominican style that is unique and by beeing a old hotel its parks nature is mature with adult trees and adult animals. It has a great beach, food was very good. The receptionists cand give you great day tours at good prices! (Unless you have an agency tour) This is a perfect place to go and relax!
PS: if you go in december-february, grab a plane tour to samana and go wale watching!
And don't forget to tip everyone! You'll be surprised of their services from there on!

Room Tip: Try not get a room with pool view because it gets loud sometimes. Give the receptionist 1-2-3-4-5 US...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrei C
Dear Guest: I like to know who has spent a relaxing experience in our hotel. We are conscious that our rooms need to be updated, but we keep in good comfort. Thank you very much for this opportunity and hope to return some day in the future.
Very cordially,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

There were ashtrays everywhere, and turists were smoking everywhere in the common areas, even around the pool. The beach was full of cigarettes butts as well. On top of that our room smelt of mould - we had to wash our clothes three times after we got back. The toilet was not flushing properly, you had to flush it twice or even three times - such a waste of water! The bathroom ceiling looked like it was not completed, with a huge gap in it facing the ducts. The beaches just outside of the resort were full of carbage, but no one seemed to care. They advertise 5 stars at the hotel's reception, and we paid for 5, but we only got two instead. The day before we left, our friend got a stomach virus and ended up at the emergency back in Montreal. There they told her it occured quite frequently in people coming from the Dominican Republic (fruits and vegetables not properly washed)­.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ana-Maria T
Dear Guest: I apologize for any dissatisfaction caused during your stay at our hotel and I regret that our facilities have not met his expectations. I would like to highlight that we have a system of hygiene and quality to try and preserve our food.

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first time in Punta Cana. The food was quite good, especially loved the smoothie bar at breakfast and made to order omelets. Lots of selection of veggies and meats/fish. I was a little disappointed that we were unable to get reservations in all of the a la carte restaurants and we were only making them the day after we got there. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. My biggest disappoint was the beach. There was a lot of sea grass floating in the water and washed up on the beach and they weren't cleaned up often enough. I have to say there were plenty of chairs on the beach and I have been to other resorts that haven't had enough. The vendors on the path on the way to the beach and on the beach were really annoying. If I want to buy something I will approach them, I don't want them harassing me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol K
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your comments about the experience that you had in our resort. I am very happy to know that you like our food specially the smoothie bar at breakfast. Also, I grateful for mentioning our friendly staff. Please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction with the seaweed in the beach and the vendors. I just hope have another opportunity to serve you.