“One week of relax”

Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Sintra, Lisboa, Portugal
“One week of relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at Natura Park for one week with my boyfriend.. the entire week was dedicated to relax. The beach was pretty nice and the hotel as well. On the first night we had sme troubles with some cockroaches there were walking inside our room. I called the reception and the guy told me that he was going to send someone to kill the cocroaches and I was I won't be able to sleep in here.. so we change to another room, and this one was on the first floor. The rest of the week was perfect! The restaurant has a lot of good food.. there are several types of food that you can chose. We visited Ilha Saona and it was the most beautiful place were I've ever been, so quiet.. and perfect. We also swam with dolphins in the middle of the ocean.. an unforgetable experience.
We will certainly come back.

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FilipadoO
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest: I'm very glad to know that you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable week in our hotel, which enjoyed the variety of food and the warmth of our beach. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had in the room. I hope you come back soon again.
Very cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been going to the Dominican Republic for 14 years. This hotel is absolutely beautiful especially is you love nature. Keep in mind a 5***** in the Dominican Republic or anywhere else is NOT like a 5***** Marriott in the USA. If that is what you want, stay in the USA. If you love beautiful beaches and nature, this is a lovely hotel. Nearly every room has a pond/lagoon outside the room with heron, flamingos. peacocks geese ducks etc. The palm trees and other foilage are heavy and gorgeous. Several bridges are covered with Bamboo trees, creating a tunnel. The food is better than the other hotels where we have stayed as other hotels typically put out platters of mixed up left overs. The food was great here and the staff is wonderful,. The entire staff is eager to please. The animacion/entertainment team is great (Blackie, Cappachino et al are great with fun activities) The bar tenders/waiters are great, Vander, Eduardo and Daniel and Samuel and Iris. Over 14 years of visits to various hotels, I am convinced that there is not alcohol in those pretty liquor bottles, probably as a way of controlling the crowds at the pool so I don't really blame the hotels. If you like Dominican Rum, I suggest buying a small bottle of Brugal Rum and mix your own cuba libre. The fruity drinks get old when there is no alcohol in them. Beds are more comfortable than the other hotels but again, not a pillow top mattress. Rooms have refrigerators stocked with sodas and beer. The beach is beautiful with gentle ocean waves and enough rock formation to snorkel and see some beautiful fish. I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank coxdebracox
Dear Guest: I feel really happy to know that you have plans to return and also to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you very much for your kind words and for your goals comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me days priors your next visit.
Cordially
Bacau, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is a park! It's got ups and downs, but there is no down to come withouth a few ups! The rooms are kind of old, but they are in a dominican style that is unique and by beeing a old hotel its parks nature is mature with adult trees and adult animals. It has a great beach, food was very good. The receptionists cand give you great day tours at good prices! (Unless you have an agency tour) This is a perfect place to go and relax!
PS: if you go in december-february, grab a plane tour to samana and go wale watching!
And don't forget to tip everyone! You'll be surprised of their services from there on!

Room Tip: Try not get a room with pool view because it gets loud sometimes. Give the receptionist 1-2-3-4-5 US...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrei C
Dear Guest: I like to know who has spent a relaxing experience in our hotel. We are conscious that our rooms need to be updated, but we keep in good comfort. Thank you very much for this opportunity and hope to return some day in the future.
Very cordially,
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

There were ashtrays everywhere, and turists were smoking everywhere in the common areas, even around the pool. The beach was full of cigarettes butts as well. On top of that our room smelt of mould - we had to wash our clothes three times after we got back. The toilet was not flushing properly, you had to flush it twice or even three times - such a waste of water! The bathroom ceiling looked like it was not completed, with a huge gap in it facing the ducts. The beaches just outside of the resort were full of carbage, but no one seemed to care. They advertise 5 stars at the hotel's reception, and we paid for 5, but we only got two instead. The day before we left, our friend got a stomach virus and ended up at the emergency back in Montreal. There they told her it occured quite frequently in people coming from the Dominican Republic (fruits and vegetables not properly washed)­.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ana-Maria T
Dear Guest: I apologize for any dissatisfaction caused during your stay at our hotel and I regret that our facilities have not met his expectations. I would like to highlight that we have a system of hygiene and quality to try and preserve our food.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first time in Punta Cana. The food was quite good, especially loved the smoothie bar at breakfast and made to order omelets. Lots of selection of veggies and meats/fish. I was a little disappointed that we were unable to get reservations in all of the a la carte restaurants and we were only making them the day after we got there. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. My biggest disappoint was the beach. There was a lot of sea grass floating in the water and washed up on the beach and they weren't cleaned up often enough. I have to say there were plenty of chairs on the beach and I have been to other resorts that haven't had enough. The vendors on the path on the way to the beach and on the beach were really annoying. If I want to buy something I will approach them, I don't want them harassing me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol K
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your comments about the experience that you had in our resort. I am very happy to know that you like our food specially the smoothie bar at breakfast. Also, I grateful for mentioning our friendly staff. Please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction with the seaweed in the beach and the vendors. I just hope have another opportunity to serve you.
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Once my family and I arrived to the hotel, we knew will be a different from others resorts around... because of the name. We love comfortables resorts and let you know Natura Park is not a huge hotel but their people is very kindly and friendly, meals is ok, even they do not have a big variety, food tastes good!, few rooms stuff to fixed likes toilet, only one electric imput and be carefull with the 220v line. Swimming pool is ok, snacks bar are pretty good, ahhh we couldn't play billiard (my favorite) they hac only 7 balls hahahaa... anyway, we have little fun in family,.... could be better next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carlosdiaz C
Dear Guest: I am glad to hear that you and your family had a funny stay here with us. I am thank you for your comments and it is nice know that our staff was friendly and kindly and our food good. I wish that you come back some day in the future.
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

1) The people and the service: this is first and foremost why we are going back. The resort personnel is incredibly nice. Treat them with respect and they will treat you as if you were they own personal guests. They really care about giving you the best experience. This is certainly true for the front line people. Sometime, a little less so with more senior staff, but we have seen tremendous improvement over the last 5 years.

2) The property or resort: it is a paradise! The grounds are very spacious with not too many rooms. The rooms are simple but incredibly clean. They are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. We have been lucky to have rooms with balcony over the inner garden which are full of birds ( a photographer's paradise). The beach is long and sandy. A "cleaning crew" sweeps away the daily "sea weed crop" and keeps it as clean as possible.

3) The food (and bars): the food is always extremely fresh. There is always two local food items cooked fresh in front of you. Our favorite is "chivo" on Dominican night. In five years, I have yet to have an evening when I did not find a least "one" wonderful dish. As a matter of fact some dishes I ate there were better than the same dish eaten in a "starred" restaurant in Paris. It is simple food, not "gourmet" presentation but incredibly fresh and tasty. As to the specialty restaurants, I know we are ok when I see the general manager of the hotel eating there with his wife. Do not expect "true" Italian,( as much as East Side Mario is true "Italian", although the antipasti table is fabulous), do not expect meat at the fish restaurant. The beef "churaso" (spelling not guaranteed) at the meat restaurant is scrumptious.

4) The peace and tranquility: this is definitely not "party central". It is quiet, peaceful and above all restful. I have a very stressful position. This is when I "recharge de batteries" . So much so that my blood pressure drop considerably once I arrive at the hotel. There is some entertainment, but no night club and no casino.

5) The location: the hotel is in a park like settings with ponds and a lush vegetation. The grounds offer shelter to a variety of wildlife. Some quiet rare. It is located next to a bird reserve and lagoon (Laguna Bavaro) that shelters some nearly extinct bird species (you can go and canoe on the lagoon for a fee to help sustain the reserve and echo tourism). The little village of "Cabeza de Torro" offers a glimpse of the life of the Dominican people and of the local fishermen. I have been know to take up to 1000 pictures in a 3 weeks vacation.

6) We love it! If offers a true "Dominican" experience in a comfortable setting. It is, without a doubt the best value for the price. That said, if you prefer a North American 4 stars "experience" you will not be happy there. This is not "party central" but you can still have lots of fun and a very enjoyable time. It all depends what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room on the inner gardens if you can.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jacques D
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest:
It is my wish to thank you for the time dedicated to write the six reasons why you would choose our hotel for the sixth time, thank you very much for your kind words, for trusting us and for giving us the privilege of continuing serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next trip will be a pleasure for me to welcome you personally.