“Lovely Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto
“Lovely Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Resort itself is nothing to write home about, they clean up the beach quite often from the seaweed but can you really complain about cigarettes butts and cups on the beach. Blame the people that go there lots of piggies saw one tacky lady letting her 5 yr. old pee in the bushes, 10 feet away from rooms. The food is alright you can manage without starving, lady who made the omelettes was fantastic. I understand that the cost of living is cheap there but the staff do what they can to make the experience enjoyable without killing themselves for their small wages. I know a grounds keeper only gets paid $125 our money a month so, I can only imagine what the bar tenders, servers, house keeping staff get paid a month.

Went on some excursions one with a greek/puerto rican tour guide dune bogeying who was quite nice minus the fact that you end up at a cave to go swimming and rinse off some dirt and mud. But they bring multiple tours so, you get quite claustrophobic if your not used to being in a small cave with over a 100 people, on top of the aggressive product pushing locals. Coffee and Cocoa plantation so worth it, best coffee and cocoa I've ever had straight from the source. Mamajuana tastes like cough syrup for me at least wasn't a huge fan but some people love it. Whatever floats your boat.

Went to Saona Island for a catamaran experience, my mum fell on her knee which bruised quite badly because they don't tie the Catamaran to the Speed Boat properly so be very careful. Guys walking around with AK-47'S on the beach a little nerve wrecking lol Found out that night they busted a whole bunch of Cocaine on the Island. Went on a glass boat tour for scuba diving which I didn't par take in due to the fact that I wear glasses but father and son were on the boat, the little guy loved hanging out with his Pappi.

Conclusion: It wasn't that expensive to have a week at this place in march. We didn't spend too much time in our rooms so, who cares but we were lucky enough not to have mould but the cleaning was lacking but again I can guarantee this has to do with wages. Our lady was Judy and she was quite pleasant and did an ok job cleaning we tipped her every day btw 3 ROOMS she must have gotten at least 10 american from us all. We also tipped our bar tending staff very well as they are worth it. Their would be a throng of rude tourists(terrorists) tapping the bar waving empty cups in their faces when we walked up we'd get served before the rude tourists.

A La Carte restaurants we walked out of the Seafood one, saw rats running around in the steak house and missed the Italian one which was supposed to be the best. But this didn't bother us al that much as we weren't there for the cuisine or rooms.

If it weren't for characters like Raquel, Ramon, and Refrain this place would not be worth visiting, you get what you pay for people, Complain all you want about the beach but theres a lot of pigs flying in from Europe, Russia, Quebec/Canada who don't have any manners at all and treat the place like a dumping ground. So, if you let crap like that spoil your vacation then you may be a twit as well, no offence but really the staff get paid little to nothing for entertaining people from all over the world that are mix of polite and rude people. Don't spend too much time in the rooms, what are you on vacation for to try out Punta Cana's beds..

Room Tip: a tip to choose a good room, dont spend too much time in the room. We were second floor in a n open...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kelly_ferg
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you for the time spent writing your objectives comments about the experience you had at our hotel, they allow us to continue to improve every day. Also I am pleased that our staff was highlighted with an excellent job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We loved the resort lots of wildlife my children absolutely loved feeding the animals. The rooms are dated but clean. Half of the resort was closed for renovations so we could not get an ocean view this was very disappointing. Food is plentiful and very good. The hotel staff are rude and not very helpful. You do not have to purchase any excursions from the hotel or marina staff. The outside tour companies are reputable and very good.The beach is beautiful lots of seaweed but that's nature. Everything is within walking distance which was very nice. I probably would not go back because of the rude hotel staff.

Room Tip: inside garden
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

First of all, I would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction with our staff and I regret that you did not receive our best attentions. Also, I thank you for your comments and I am happy to know that you and your family enjoyed our wildlife, beach and food. I regret that your decision do not come back.

Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

OMG I don't even know where to begin.. every room has mold, black toxic mold so thick you actually gag on the smell of it. See my pics. If you're allergic do not stay here. I contracted severe respiratory infection after the first night. On the second night they moved us to a worse room and AC broken on top of it. They called this 'an upgrade'. On third night we switched to another hotel at great additional cost to us, and with no help from the Concierge. At this point, I would have slept on the beach before I spent another night in this slum.

Beach: Poor, full of seaweed, shoreline never cleaned, ankle deep in seeweed. See my pics. I understand rain brings seaweed, but the grounds keepers should be raking the sand every morning- cigarette buts, cups, bottle caps everywhere. It's a dump.

Food: All food in the buffet was prepared from powdered, frozen, water packed, reconstituted procuce. Everything lacked the proper flavour.. god sake, how do you screw up a boiled potato- and why does a scrambled egg taste like baby formula? Vegetables soft on the outside frozen in the middle. No seasonings, everything tasted like tofu or pablum. First vacation I ever had that I actually lost weight. Flies all over the fruit, birds eating from the salad bar. Staff doesn't care, they laughed at me when I complained.. told me ' Relax lady, bugs and birds have to eat too." I literally ate nothing but olives, fries and bread for the three days I was here and I still got travellers diarreah.. must be the water they serve here. Don't trust it- order Soda water on tap.

This place is full of locals.. if you've ever visted the city, you would certainly understand why they would think this food is fit for a King and don't understand what the heck we're all complaining about.

Staff - Concierge to is disinterested and not empowered to address complaints. Only a few people speak English , and barely good enough to handle customer issues- they can't even book you a taxi or a tour.

Spa? Yeah right. who wants a massage in 100 degrees heat and humidity. That's right. No AC anywhere in this God forsaken place. Gym? what a joke- rickety old machines from the 80s, torn up carpet and some dumbells.. again no AC. Let's all go for a jog!

And my personal favorite- the variety store. You're in the middle of no where, no AC, it's the only place in the whole resort that has AC.. probably on purpose so you'll spend more time there. Sunscreen 27US , Diarreah Pills 12US, 2 pack of Tylenol 8US. Finding out that your someone from the Animation team tried to seduce your husband for 50US? Priceless!

There are just not enough expletives in the English language to describe this experience.

I am astounded at the postive reviews. Clearly people have different standards as to what constitutes 'good'. I am a seasoned traveller, I understand standards are different in these countries. But you gotta draw a line as to what's acceptable and what's simply taking advantage of a stupid tourist. There are better resords in the Dominican for the same money you pay to come here.

You're gonna love these photos. Pictures don't lie,my friends.

Rooms: Mold, Old, Outdated, Broken AC in almost all rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Balula
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest: Quite honestly, I deeply regret that our hotel has not exceeded your high standards and expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction caused during your time with us. We are aware that our rooms need to be updated, however we continually give the proper maintenance and they are optimal conditions of cleanliness and comfort, also try to give good service and attention to every guest who visits us. Furthermore I would like to point out that our hotel is surrounded by a natural environment and promote eco relaxing atmosphere, which is why you will not find air conditioning available outside areas. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel in this occasion.

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Sokolov, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent in Natura Park really nice holiday. We had no problems. Nice, clean and spacious room. Food was excellent! All restaurant were amazing. We have been in a lot of countries, but this place was the best. I hope we will come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlenaS85
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your very nice words. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay here with us and have plans to return again in the future. Please do not hesitate contact me for you next trip.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Mold and smell in rooms - changed rooms twice and then left to another resort after we got sick
Found lot of ants in bed
Except for one or two, very unfriendly staff at the reception
Bad food, flies and sometimes birds over the food
Dirty beach

Room Tip: Go to another resort. Princesses offers much better quality, service and a nice beach for the same p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sam L
Dear Guest:

I deeply regret that our resort did not meet your expectations and our facilities, services were not satisfactory. Our rooms need to be update, but we give it maintenance continue. Thanks for your comments.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was very rude. The bathroom in our first room was leaking. Second room was okay. food was repetitive. ladies if you are going with spouse, keep them away from Ana of the animation team. She makes extra cash on the side by sleeping with the male visitors. went as a couple came back single.

• Stayed June 2013
14 Thank sugabell
Dear Guest:

I want to take the opportunity to emphasize that our hotel is characterized by offering safe, relaxing and comfort to our guest s. Your comment will be investigated and we will take the appropriate actions. Anyway I would have appreciated to receive your comments personally during your stayn here.

Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A lot of value for the price you pay. With this hotel you do not have to break your piggy bank. Great service and food. Beautiful gardens. Family oriented resort. Beach is very accessible from the pool. Good place to get closer to nature. My only suggestion would be updating the rooms, they are outdated; not a deal breaker. I will repeat this hotel without doubts. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank cturchettig
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to your family and friends. I am glad to hear that you had a great time here with us and that you enjoy our selection of food, service and beauty natural. Also, thanks for your advice it is very useful to improve. Please do not hesitate contact me for your next trip.

Very cordially,