“nice holidays”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

my fiancee and i stayed here for 2 wks from march 22nd to april 5th.upon arriving checkin was fast .our room wasnt ready so we just headed to beach .which was beautiful,water warm omg.
pros of resort ;(1)its not a 5 star but it was ok(2)lots of different foods to choice from (3)had beach eatery which served hotdogs and burgers after buffets closed it was ok (4)buffet resturant by beach was great (5)another buffet rest.inside hotel(6)animamation team the best say hi to blackie,anna.ricicce,coffee.donald,peguin, they always keep you busy with activies on beach and poolside.(7)we booked 2 tours thru white tiger (marlin)what a nice guy buggy excursion half day $130.00 usd short ride stopped at a beautiful beach (public)(8)2nd tour catamaran and soshu isl.all day trip $160usd more long drives 1-2 each way way to long.lunch on island just ok.(9)nite shows also good.we stayed in block x-rm 4112.we had one issue on tues apr 2nd i took out $to purchase smokes. huuny forgot in rm needless to say it went missing.we went to guest services to report they made us feel that we were guilty not the victim.of course we never heard anything and lost $80.00.the patio lighs were out we reported that never fixed.(10)p lug issues (11)bring facecloths .hair contioner,body wash.(12)make sure and get safe $24 a wk(13)a la carte rest.media luna (steak)great ,la perla (seafood)gross,gondola(italian)great.would i go back yes if price was right.

Room Tip: we stayed in block x-rm 4112
3  Thank lynnd153
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

It is very great to know that your experience in our hotel was satisfactory. Thanks for the compliment for our partner Mr. Rafael. Please I apologies for any dissatisfaction with accommodation room and hope that you return some day, again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,429)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a great resort! We traveled March 25 to April 1st, during Canadian spring break and had a total blast. We went with a group of 7, ages ranging from 2-65, myself being 37. There is something for everyone here. Kids had the "kids club", Adults had the bars :). The beach was beautiful, white powder sand and pure blue waters. The pool was big and never crowded and the water was warmer than other resorts I have been to.
I have travelled to 25 different resorts in Mexico, Cuba and the DR, and this one definitely ranks up there. Not a major party hotel, they stop serving alcohol at 1 am, but you can go off resort with the staff if you want (we did one night for one of the bartenders birthdays...wow what a blast).
Food was good, lots of variety. The best food was the hamburgers, hot dogs and fries at the beach bar after the bars closed. Best burger and fries I have ever had....freshly made right in front of you.
The drinks were very good, although my pina coladas quickly turned from slush to water due to the hot weather (and maybe from the amount of rum they put in....lots!!!!) ha ha ha!
The property was the most beautiful that I have seen. Beautiful, trees, and walkways. Lots of birds, turtles and fish swimming around in the little ponds throughout the resort. The kids loved feeding the fish bread. Throw little bits of bread in the water and the fish go crazy (I've never seen anything like it before).
Special thanks to Ramon, Christian and ilsa( I forgot how to spell it). They are Bartenders in the lobby area. They really made my trip. They we so fun and very friendly. They do such a good job to make sure you are having fun.
We also did a few excursions: dune buggies was great, we paid $60 ea with one of the guys walking around the resort (there are a lot of them, but they are friendly and harmless). We also did a little glass bottom boat/snorkeling trip for $20, with one of the guys on the beach. Well worth it.
The evening shows were always fun to watch, the Michael Jackson show was probably the best.
Every time I leave a place like this it breaks my heart, I have met so many good people and employees on my trips....this one was one of the best for memories.
Lastly, remember to tip everyone....even the gardeners. We brought down clothes and candy and toys and gave it all away. These are all good people and they work so hard!!!
Great Job to all the staff!!!
There is too much more to say, so if anyone has any questions please ask.

This is one resort that i would definitely return to.

3  Thank Gerard T
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

I am very satisfied to hear that you and your group had a relaxing and great stay here in Natura Park that enjoyed all our activities, services, facilities, beach, gardens, wildlife, drinks and food. Thank you for mentioning the staff that made you stay more pleasant and done a good job. I would like that you return some day, again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at the Blau Natura Park Resort, March 24-31. We found it to be a very good 4 star resort. It is not perfect - no resort is. The price that you pay needs to be a significant factor in the rating that you give any resort. For this resort, if you pay a 5 star price, then you may have reason to complain about some things. We got, what we feel, was a very good price on our trip and feel that we got good value for our money. Our room was clean and comfortable, the food was good, the grounds are beautiful, the beach was great too. Our biggest complaint was with the weather, which, unfortunately, was very windy and we had a couple of very cloudy days and some rain. We can’t blame anyone for that (even the 5 star resorts got that weather!!). Would we go back? Possibly, if the price is right, but we like to try different places, so we will probably look elsewhere next year.

Some useful things to know:
• Bring hair conditioner if you use it, they don’t provide it.
• Bring a large bar of soap from home, the little ones they give you are only good for washing hands.
• Bring at least 1 bottle of sunscreen/person/week and use it!! Don’t underestimate the power of the sun – even on cloudy days.
• Bring some kind of anti-itch ointment – there is something (unseen) that bites and leaves, at least on me, large itchy welts.
• Bring a travel mug or other type of beverage container. Aside from having to make less trips to get your favourite beverage, it saves on disposable cups (and garbage).
• Learn a few basic words or phrases in Spanish, that way you can ask the maid for that extra bottle of water, or towel (and say thank you!).
• Our room had a 110v electrical outlet in the bathroom, right beside a 220v (there were hand written labels underneath to identify them), and there were other 220v outlets in the room. They all have the same look and it’s a bit confusing. They take a plug with 2 round pins and they also fit our U.S./Canadian plugs with the 2 flat prongs. I used the 110v only, just to be safe. I had brought an adaptor, but it didn’t seem to fit properly.

4  Thank irishcolleen61
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

I would like to thank you for mentioning that our value for the money was satisfactory for you, that our rooms, buildings, beach and restaurants were great. I just hope have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place for young families and older couples. You can feed all kinds of birds and fish. Everyone is really friendly and the service is awesome. The food was by far the best food that I have gotten from a resort...Yum! The resort is quiet and somewhat low key which makes for a true relaxing vacation.

2  Thank DayWalkerSmith

Dear Guest:

It is very satisfactory for me to hear that you stay here in Natura Park was relaxing and had a good time together to our wildlife. Thanks for mentioning the great and friendly service of our staff. Please, if you come back someday do not hesitate contact me.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were a group of 10 people-families and friends, 3 kids ages from 5 to 10, 6 adults and 3 seniors, stayed from March 24 to 31, 2013. We went with Sunwing.
It’s our 3rd all inclusive vacation (the previous two were in Cuba and Panama) and we enjoyed it as always.
What I liked about the resort:
it's very close to the airport so you don't have to spend another 1 or 2 hours on your way to the beach.
The size is quite manageable and everything is within walking distance in the resort; I didn’t have to worry where my kids went or if they got lost. And it’s a quiet resort. I didn’t find any loud noise during the day.
The ponds and birds are very pretty and the birds and fish keep the kids very busy.
The beach is facing east so you can see the beautiful sun rise and you don’t have to get up super early. It’s about 6:30AM when we were there.
The beach is really awesome if you walk to the left of the resort for a few minutes on the beach. Fewer people there and almost no sea grass. The water is very clear and turquoise. There are some great picture spots as well.
The food is OK. Always lots of bread and grilled meat and fish. The buffet staff is very friendly and service was great. And I didn’t find them tip driven. I actually didn’t see many people left tip on the tables. They have gourmet coffee machines in different places. We all liked the convenience that we could get either cappuccino or hot chocolate anytime we wanted.
The cleaning ladies did a great job every day. We had 3 rooms in different buildings and they were all cleaned and there were flowers left on the beds and in the washrooms.
The shower heads in two of our rooms can be taken down. I really liked this. It’s especially convenient if you have small children.
The game room is handy too when it’s raining. There are table tennis, bill boards and other games to keep the kids busy.
What I didn’t like so much:
You have only hot dog/burgers to eat if you miss the meal time. There was no fruit/salary bars available.
The front desk staff was not friendly nor helpful. I had to ask the Sunwing rep to talk to one of the mgrs. to move to a quiet room. They’d listen to what you had to say and then tell you there is nothing they can do, and I was not asking for something unreasonable. They had rooms available, but wouldn’t change mine.
We saw a mouse at the sea food restaurant and when I brought this to the guest service desk, I was told this is Caribbean and I should be expecting to see these stuff, and I was assured the mice wouldn’t eat in the kitchen or get into the resort. But this was proved to the false the very next day in the evening when we spotted a black thing running under one bed in our room and the next morning I found the chocolate bars I brought from home and left on the table in our room were chewed. I was planning to give them to the cleaning ladies, but ended up throwing them in the garbage.
I was also a little disappointed that there were not a lot of fruit options at the buffet. I was expecting to eat different kinds of tropical fruits, but it’s always pineapple and chinola and sometimes papaya. Fish option was very limited too.
My advice:
If you don’t like the damp feeling, you may want to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor. There is a less chance of having mice in your room, too.
There is a market night during the week and you can buy jewellery, souvenir and local made food. But be aware the asking price is very high. If you plan to shop there, get ready to negotiate. We got a coconut shell made turtle for $8 and the asking price was $20. My sister got a necklace for $15 and they were asking for $55.
There are lots of vendors selling excursions on the beach and in the resort. We did 3 excursions with them. I didn’t choose Sunwing when we did the Saona island one as the price I got from the vendor was much better – we paid $70 per person and half price for kids and the 5 year old was free. It was quite fun but we spent a lot of time travelling to the island. The rest of the week was their Easter holiday and Sunwing didn’t offer any excursions as a lot of the places didn’t operate during those days. So we did an excursion and visited Santo Domingo with a vendor. I bought the tour from a guy working for Safari Truck. He promised the attractions in the capital city would be open and I’d be able to see everything. But it turned out everywhere in the city was closed and we were not able to go in any of the buildings to see what’s inside. It was a big disappointment after 3 hours drive to the place. And I don’t see how it’s worth $70 per person. Another excursion was the visit to the Manati Park and we were promised that two kids would have one dolphin to swim with for half an hour, but it turned out that there were 4 kids and from the time they got into the water to the time they came out, it’s less than 15 minutes. So the time they swam with the dolphin was maybe about 5 minutes. This was with a different vendor, but I forgot the name. So if you are going to go with any of those vendors, especially the Safari Truck one as I have no experience with other ones , be careful as they promised a lot of things and they may not be able to deliver. They sell these tourists to another company, the real tour operator, and it will be up to them to provide whatever service they have. There are definitely gaps between what is offered by the company and what is advertised by the vendors in the resort. When I was complaining to the guy who sold us the Santo Domingo tour, another lady happened to walk by and she overheard what I said, and she stopped and said: I agree with what you said. So be careful of what they promise when you purchase excursions from them. We did a snorkelling trip with the resort’s marina dept. we paid $30 per person and it’s quite worth it. Just remember to bring lots of bread. I mean lots of as the fish will go away as soon as the bread runs out. We saw lots of tropical fish in that rip.

3  Thank doreme

Dear Guest:

Thank you to write your detailed resume on Trip Advisor the vacations of your family and freinds in our resort. I would like to apologies for any discontent that you have had during your stay here in Natura Park and I regret the inconveniences that had with your excursions. Also, I grateful for mentioning the good and great service of our buffet staff. I just hope that you give us another opportunity to serve in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I - two college friends from 30 years ago, travelled together for the first time.... although we are each well travelled. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at "Natura Park" helped set the scene from start to finish. Notably helpful were those at the reception, (one exception - Willy who was best acquainted with the words "NO" and "Check with someone else In the morning"). On the other hand, Francisco, Deiby, los senoritas, and MARINO!!! were obviously well suited for their jobs - and a great asset to the owners. ONE IMPORTANT FAVOR FROM Marino: Ruth lost her purse with an excursion voucher ($310 value American) and other important things. When our travel provider who sold us the voucher was not available at the number left for guests, Marino stepped in and reassured us that he would make sure our last day was a "happy" one. By contacting an important Sunwing Rep and influential people for the Ocean-Spa tour, Marino went "through hoops" to get this straightened out for us. Marino was interested in keeping a fine reputation for the hotel, where he is proud to work, AND certainly devoted to customer satisfaction! Muchos Gracias Marino. .... Michele & Ruth

Room Tip: Ask for second floor. It avoids wash outs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you to write on Trip Advisor the comments of your experience in our resort. It pleased me very much to know that Marino offer you a personalized service and did a great job. I will be passing your very nice remarks to Marino. So he can also share in the appreciation of these flattering comments.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just returned from this resort (family of 4 with 10 and 12 year old) and we all had a great time. It was our first time in the DR, but our 7th all inclusive in the Caribbean with kids.

Know what you want from your resort before you go and read the reviews with an open mind. This is not a 5 star hotel, but in many ways has so much more to offer than some of the newer more sterile resorts. If, however, modern, big and fancy is your taste this is not the place for you.

So... the good, okay and not so good:

GOOD:
1. Most impressive are the grounds - beautiful! The kids loved the birds and the tropical feel to everything. We especially liked how the architecture was incorporated into this - all very open with grass roofs and wooden beams.

2. Buffet - typical of most AI resorts. Anyone can find something they like. They try to change up dinner with theme nights and we enjoyed each one we went to. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same each day, but there is a great variety to choose from.

3. The beach is gorgeous! White, soft sand and clear, blue water. They also rake the beach frequently keeping it clean. It is also the last resort on the stretch of beach so you can walk along where there are no crowds.

OKAY
1.Service was never lacking, but communication was sometimes difficult as most don't speak English as well as we have experienced on other islands. I assume this is the DR as a whole and not just this resort. Everyone always tried their best and smiled - can't ask for more really.

2.Pool - a bit small for the size of the resort, but always clean. Did feel crowded most times, and you had to get up early for a chance at a chair and umbrella.

3.A la carte restaurants - always nice to get away from the buffet, but they weren't fabulous (not bad either).

4.Entertainment - again very typical of most AI's (don't expect what you get on a cruise!) They try hard and do a good job. Some people don't like the music and games by the pool, but I thought they did everything tastefully and not too much of the "in your face" all the time.

NOT SO GOOD
1.Rooms are small and showing their age. Beds are not the best (no proper box spring and thin mattress, BUT everything was always clean. (I have read there are renovated rooms, but I think they all have king beds so wouldn't work for a family of 4).

2. Way too many people trying to sell you excursions. They are there everyday you walk to the pool or buffet (I'm not talking about vendors on the beach - they were fine and less annoying by far). I have never been to a resort that allows these salesmen to be everywhere pestering you to buy, usually they are in the lobby and that's it.

3. They offer sailing (which we always make sure is offered when we select a resort), but only had 2 boats that were used for 3 hours a day (so only 6 slots per day available). It was also windy most days so they didn't let us go out, even though to us it was perfect sailing weather. I get this though, as not everyone knows how to sail and how do they know we do?

Overall, it was nice place with good food. We had a great time. If you get this resort at a good price (which we did) it really is good value. Just remember it is not a 5 star - you are getting what you pay for.

8  Thank mom2mom

Dear Guest: Thank you for the time dedicated to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that our value for the money was satisfactory and our hotel meet your expectations. I will take care of your advice; they are useful to continue improvement. For your next visit feel free to contact me priors day at you trip.