“Nice Relaxing Hotel”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place for young families and older couples. You can feed all kinds of birds and fish. Everyone is really friendly and the service is awesome. The food was by far the best food that I have gotten from a resort...Yum! The resort is quiet and somewhat low key which makes for a true relaxing vacation.

2  Thank DayWalkerSmith
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

It is very satisfactory for me to hear that you stay here in Natura Park was relaxing and had a good time together to our wildlife. Thanks for mentioning the great and friendly service of our staff. Please, if you come back someday do not hesitate contact me.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,398)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were a group of 10 people-families and friends, 3 kids ages from 5 to 10, 6 adults and 3 seniors, stayed from March 24 to 31, 2013. We went with Sunwing.
It’s our 3rd all inclusive vacation (the previous two were in Cuba and Panama) and we enjoyed it as always.
What I liked about the resort:
it's very close to the airport so you don't have to spend another 1 or 2 hours on your way to the beach.
The size is quite manageable and everything is within walking distance in the resort; I didn’t have to worry where my kids went or if they got lost. And it’s a quiet resort. I didn’t find any loud noise during the day.
The ponds and birds are very pretty and the birds and fish keep the kids very busy.
The beach is facing east so you can see the beautiful sun rise and you don’t have to get up super early. It’s about 6:30AM when we were there.
The beach is really awesome if you walk to the left of the resort for a few minutes on the beach. Fewer people there and almost no sea grass. The water is very clear and turquoise. There are some great picture spots as well.
The food is OK. Always lots of bread and grilled meat and fish. The buffet staff is very friendly and service was great. And I didn’t find them tip driven. I actually didn’t see many people left tip on the tables. They have gourmet coffee machines in different places. We all liked the convenience that we could get either cappuccino or hot chocolate anytime we wanted.
The cleaning ladies did a great job every day. We had 3 rooms in different buildings and they were all cleaned and there were flowers left on the beds and in the washrooms.
The shower heads in two of our rooms can be taken down. I really liked this. It’s especially convenient if you have small children.
The game room is handy too when it’s raining. There are table tennis, bill boards and other games to keep the kids busy.
What I didn’t like so much:
You have only hot dog/burgers to eat if you miss the meal time. There was no fruit/salary bars available.
The front desk staff was not friendly nor helpful. I had to ask the Sunwing rep to talk to one of the mgrs. to move to a quiet room. They’d listen to what you had to say and then tell you there is nothing they can do, and I was not asking for something unreasonable. They had rooms available, but wouldn’t change mine.
We saw a mouse at the sea food restaurant and when I brought this to the guest service desk, I was told this is Caribbean and I should be expecting to see these stuff, and I was assured the mice wouldn’t eat in the kitchen or get into the resort. But this was proved to the false the very next day in the evening when we spotted a black thing running under one bed in our room and the next morning I found the chocolate bars I brought from home and left on the table in our room were chewed. I was planning to give them to the cleaning ladies, but ended up throwing them in the garbage.
I was also a little disappointed that there were not a lot of fruit options at the buffet. I was expecting to eat different kinds of tropical fruits, but it’s always pineapple and chinola and sometimes papaya. Fish option was very limited too.
My advice:
If you don’t like the damp feeling, you may want to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor. There is a less chance of having mice in your room, too.
There is a market night during the week and you can buy jewellery, souvenir and local made food. But be aware the asking price is very high. If you plan to shop there, get ready to negotiate. We got a coconut shell made turtle for $8 and the asking price was $20. My sister got a necklace for $15 and they were asking for $55.
There are lots of vendors selling excursions on the beach and in the resort. We did 3 excursions with them. I didn’t choose Sunwing when we did the Saona island one as the price I got from the vendor was much better – we paid $70 per person and half price for kids and the 5 year old was free. It was quite fun but we spent a lot of time travelling to the island. The rest of the week was their Easter holiday and Sunwing didn’t offer any excursions as a lot of the places didn’t operate during those days. So we did an excursion and visited Santo Domingo with a vendor. I bought the tour from a guy working for Safari Truck. He promised the attractions in the capital city would be open and I’d be able to see everything. But it turned out everywhere in the city was closed and we were not able to go in any of the buildings to see what’s inside. It was a big disappointment after 3 hours drive to the place. And I don’t see how it’s worth $70 per person. Another excursion was the visit to the Manati Park and we were promised that two kids would have one dolphin to swim with for half an hour, but it turned out that there were 4 kids and from the time they got into the water to the time they came out, it’s less than 15 minutes. So the time they swam with the dolphin was maybe about 5 minutes. This was with a different vendor, but I forgot the name. So if you are going to go with any of those vendors, especially the Safari Truck one as I have no experience with other ones , be careful as they promised a lot of things and they may not be able to deliver. They sell these tourists to another company, the real tour operator, and it will be up to them to provide whatever service they have. There are definitely gaps between what is offered by the company and what is advertised by the vendors in the resort. When I was complaining to the guy who sold us the Santo Domingo tour, another lady happened to walk by and she overheard what I said, and she stopped and said: I agree with what you said. So be careful of what they promise when you purchase excursions from them. We did a snorkelling trip with the resort’s marina dept. we paid $30 per person and it’s quite worth it. Just remember to bring lots of bread. I mean lots of as the fish will go away as soon as the bread runs out. We saw lots of tropical fish in that rip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank doreme
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you to write your detailed resume on Trip Advisor the vacations of your family and freinds in our resort. I would like to apologies for any discontent that you have had during your stay here in Natura Park and I regret the inconveniences that had with your excursions. Also, I grateful for mentioning the good and great service of our buffet staff. I just hope that you give us another opportunity to serve in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I - two college friends from 30 years ago, travelled together for the first time.... although we are each well travelled. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at "Natura Park" helped set the scene from start to finish. Notably helpful were those at the reception, (one exception - Willy who was best acquainted with the words "NO" and "Check with someone else In the morning"). On the other hand, Francisco, Deiby, los senoritas, and MARINO!!! were obviously well suited for their jobs - and a great asset to the owners. ONE IMPORTANT FAVOR FROM Marino: Ruth lost her purse with an excursion voucher ($310 value American) and other important things. When our travel provider who sold us the voucher was not available at the number left for guests, Marino stepped in and reassured us that he would make sure our last day was a "happy" one. By contacting an important Sunwing Rep and influential people for the Ocean-Spa tour, Marino went "through hoops" to get this straightened out for us. Marino was interested in keeping a fine reputation for the hotel, where he is proud to work, AND certainly devoted to customer satisfaction! Muchos Gracias Marino. .... Michele & Ruth

Room Tip: Ask for second floor. It avoids wash outs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you to write on Trip Advisor the comments of your experience in our resort. It pleased me very much to know that Marino offer you a personalized service and did a great job. I will be passing your very nice remarks to Marino. So he can also share in the appreciation of these flattering comments.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just returned from this resort (family of 4 with 10 and 12 year old) and we all had a great time. It was our first time in the DR, but our 7th all inclusive in the Caribbean with kids.

Know what you want from your resort before you go and read the reviews with an open mind. This is not a 5 star hotel, but in many ways has so much more to offer than some of the newer more sterile resorts. If, however, modern, big and fancy is your taste this is not the place for you.

So... the good, okay and not so good:

GOOD:
1. Most impressive are the grounds - beautiful! The kids loved the birds and the tropical feel to everything. We especially liked how the architecture was incorporated into this - all very open with grass roofs and wooden beams.

2. Buffet - typical of most AI resorts. Anyone can find something they like. They try to change up dinner with theme nights and we enjoyed each one we went to. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same each day, but there is a great variety to choose from.

3. The beach is gorgeous! White, soft sand and clear, blue water. They also rake the beach frequently keeping it clean. It is also the last resort on the stretch of beach so you can walk along where there are no crowds.

OKAY
1.Service was never lacking, but communication was sometimes difficult as most don't speak English as well as we have experienced on other islands. I assume this is the DR as a whole and not just this resort. Everyone always tried their best and smiled - can't ask for more really.

2.Pool - a bit small for the size of the resort, but always clean. Did feel crowded most times, and you had to get up early for a chance at a chair and umbrella.

3.A la carte restaurants - always nice to get away from the buffet, but they weren't fabulous (not bad either).

4.Entertainment - again very typical of most AI's (don't expect what you get on a cruise!) They try hard and do a good job. Some people don't like the music and games by the pool, but I thought they did everything tastefully and not too much of the "in your face" all the time.

NOT SO GOOD
1.Rooms are small and showing their age. Beds are not the best (no proper box spring and thin mattress, BUT everything was always clean. (I have read there are renovated rooms, but I think they all have king beds so wouldn't work for a family of 4).

2. Way too many people trying to sell you excursions. They are there everyday you walk to the pool or buffet (I'm not talking about vendors on the beach - they were fine and less annoying by far). I have never been to a resort that allows these salesmen to be everywhere pestering you to buy, usually they are in the lobby and that's it.

3. They offer sailing (which we always make sure is offered when we select a resort), but only had 2 boats that were used for 3 hours a day (so only 6 slots per day available). It was also windy most days so they didn't let us go out, even though to us it was perfect sailing weather. I get this though, as not everyone knows how to sail and how do they know we do?

Overall, it was nice place with good food. We had a great time. If you get this resort at a good price (which we did) it really is good value. Just remember it is not a 5 star - you are getting what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank mom2mom

Dear Guest: Thank you for the time dedicated to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that our value for the money was satisfactory and our hotel meet your expectations. I will take care of your advice; they are useful to continue improvement. For your next visit feel free to contact me priors day at you trip.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This resort was even better this trip than the 3 trips before. Check in was fast, arrived at midnight and were taken right to our rooms along with our luggage. The room had be recently renovated and was very nice. We had a good view of the pool and could also see the ocean. The service was excellent and the employees friendly. A few employees stood out like Dilson in the Buffet and the bartender at the pool bar Efrain (may have spelled it wrong). We had a problem with our flush and called the front desk, it had been fixed by the time we returned to our room 2 hours later. The food was good at all the A LA Carte's and the buffet. We didn't really like the Italian but that had nothing to do with food quality. If you are travelling with Nolitours or Air Transat don't miss the special appreciation BBQ night, it was the best meal we had all week in our opinion. Will definitely be returning, best value for the money.

Room Tip: Great view from 4238.
3  Thank OakBay_NBSunseeker

Dear Guest:

I am very pleased to know that your fourth trip to our hotel was the best, it is nice to hear this and that our value for the money was satisfactory. Thank you for mentioning the staff that made your stay more memorable and would like that you come back soon, again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We just returned from spending a week at this resort and loved it. It was relaxing and being that close to nature, going to sleep to the sound of crickets and waking to birds chirping was definitely a plus. If you are looking for a wild time....this resort is not for you, but if you are looking for a place to replenish your soul I highly recommend it. The resort is older but very clean. The staff are exceptionally warm and friendly. The food was good and even for a picky eater like myself there was always something to choose from. We traveled with two other couples and did find the resort lacking evening entertainment. I think a dance area and some good dance music could definitely solve that problem with very little cost to the resort. I would return but next time with just my husband for a romantic get away. Loved the beauty, the staff and the sunny days.
Sitting here now looking out at the snow and wishing I was back there.

Room Tip: We were in room 3228. It was a nice room, and close to everything. Don't forget to tip....the...
1  Thank greytgal_13

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for writing on Trip Advisor the feedback of your experience in our resort. I am very happy to know that your time here was relaxing and charming. Also, Thanks for your advice; I use it to continue improvement. I just hope that you and your husband can return soon, we are waiting here in Natura Park.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I took in this resort from march 20th to the 27th 2013. We met our friends there from
nfld, that had visited this resort before, and really enjoyed it.
We were not disappointed from the time we arrived until the time we left.
The rooms were very large and clean. the grounds were in amazing shape and very clean. Lots of wildlife from ducks, fish, peacocks and flamingos.

The buffet resturants were good and the food was fabulous. The alacarte resteraunts were not so good we found.

We found the service from the front desk all the way down to the pool bars excellent. The beach is one the best beaches we have ever stepped foot on, lots of white sand.

the high light of our stay at the resort would be the the entertainment team that kept us laughing and made the day. We want to say a special thnks to BLACKY, ANNA, JUAN, DONALD, CAFFE and the rest of the entertainment team. Also thanks to IRIS and RAMON the bartentenders.

Overall you cannot go wrong buy booking this resort if you just want to relax and enjoy the the sunshine. We would definitely go back again.

just a little reminder, if you are looking souveniers and things, I suggest you visit the local malls or the flea market down the road. The place they call NICOLES is not for cheap souveniers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank kdsamson

Dear Guest: Thank you very much to write your feedback on Tip Advisor. I am very glad to know that you and your wife had a great time great and enjoyed our services, facilities and good attentions of our staff. Also, I appreciate your mentioning of all staff that did your stay more special. I hope that you come back soon, again.