We just returned from this resort (family of 4 with 10 and 12 year old) and we all had a great time. It was our first time in the DR, but our 7th all inclusive in the Caribbean with kids.
Know what you want from your resort before you go and read the reviews with an open mind. This is not a 5 star hotel, but in many ways has so much more to offer than some of the newer more sterile resorts. If, however, modern, big and fancy is your taste this is not the place for you.
So... the good, okay and not so good:
1. Most impressive are the grounds - beautiful! The kids loved the birds and the tropical feel to everything. We especially liked how the architecture was incorporated into this - all very open with grass roofs and wooden beams.
2. Buffet - typical of most AI resorts. Anyone can find something they like. They try to change up dinner with theme nights and we enjoyed each one we went to. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same each day, but there is a great variety to choose from.
3. The beach is gorgeous! White, soft sand and clear, blue water. They also rake the beach frequently keeping it clean. It is also the last resort on the stretch of beach so you can walk along where there are no crowds.
1.Service was never lacking, but communication was sometimes difficult as most don't speak English as well as we have experienced on other islands. I assume this is the DR as a whole and not just this resort. Everyone always tried their best and smiled - can't ask for more really.
2.Pool - a bit small for the size of the resort, but always clean. Did feel crowded most times, and you had to get up early for a chance at a chair and umbrella.
3.A la carte restaurants - always nice to get away from the buffet, but they weren't fabulous (not bad either).
4.Entertainment - again very typical of most AI's (don't expect what you get on a cruise!) They try hard and do a good job. Some people don't like the music and games by the pool, but I thought they did everything tastefully and not too much of the "in your face" all the time.
NOT SO GOOD
1.Rooms are small and showing their age. Beds are not the best (no proper box spring and thin mattress, BUT everything was always clean. (I have read there are renovated rooms, but I think they all have king beds so wouldn't work for a family of 4).
2. Way too many people trying to sell you excursions. They are there everyday you walk to the pool or buffet (I'm not talking about vendors on the beach - they were fine and less annoying by far). I have never been to a resort that allows these salesmen to be everywhere pestering you to buy, usually they are in the lobby and that's it.
3. They offer sailing (which we always make sure is offered when we select a resort), but only had 2 boats that were used for 3 hours a day (so only 6 slots per day available). It was also windy most days so they didn't let us go out, even though to us it was perfect sailing weather. I get this though, as not everyone knows how to sail and how do they know we do?
Overall, it was nice place with good food. We had a great time. If you get this resort at a good price (which we did) it really is good value. Just remember it is not a 5 star - you are getting what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel