“Good value - know what you are getting.”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Bowmanville, Canada
“Good value - know what you are getting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just returned from this resort (family of 4 with 10 and 12 year old) and we all had a great time. It was our first time in the DR, but our 7th all inclusive in the Caribbean with kids.

Know what you want from your resort before you go and read the reviews with an open mind. This is not a 5 star hotel, but in many ways has so much more to offer than some of the newer more sterile resorts. If, however, modern, big and fancy is your taste this is not the place for you.

So... the good, okay and not so good:

GOOD:
1. Most impressive are the grounds - beautiful! The kids loved the birds and the tropical feel to everything. We especially liked how the architecture was incorporated into this - all very open with grass roofs and wooden beams.

2. Buffet - typical of most AI resorts. Anyone can find something they like. They try to change up dinner with theme nights and we enjoyed each one we went to. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same each day, but there is a great variety to choose from.

3. The beach is gorgeous! White, soft sand and clear, blue water. They also rake the beach frequently keeping it clean. It is also the last resort on the stretch of beach so you can walk along where there are no crowds.

OKAY
1.Service was never lacking, but communication was sometimes difficult as most don't speak English as well as we have experienced on other islands. I assume this is the DR as a whole and not just this resort. Everyone always tried their best and smiled - can't ask for more really.

2.Pool - a bit small for the size of the resort, but always clean. Did feel crowded most times, and you had to get up early for a chance at a chair and umbrella.

3.A la carte restaurants - always nice to get away from the buffet, but they weren't fabulous (not bad either).

4.Entertainment - again very typical of most AI's (don't expect what you get on a cruise!) They try hard and do a good job. Some people don't like the music and games by the pool, but I thought they did everything tastefully and not too much of the "in your face" all the time.

NOT SO GOOD
1.Rooms are small and showing their age. Beds are not the best (no proper box spring and thin mattress, BUT everything was always clean. (I have read there are renovated rooms, but I think they all have king beds so wouldn't work for a family of 4).

2. Way too many people trying to sell you excursions. They are there everyday you walk to the pool or buffet (I'm not talking about vendors on the beach - they were fine and less annoying by far). I have never been to a resort that allows these salesmen to be everywhere pestering you to buy, usually they are in the lobby and that's it.

3. They offer sailing (which we always make sure is offered when we select a resort), but only had 2 boats that were used for 3 hours a day (so only 6 slots per day available). It was also windy most days so they didn't let us go out, even though to us it was perfect sailing weather. I get this though, as not everyone knows how to sail and how do they know we do?

Overall, it was nice place with good food. We had a great time. If you get this resort at a good price (which we did) it really is good value. Just remember it is not a 5 star - you are getting what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank mom2mom
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for the time dedicated to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that our value for the money was satisfactory and our hotel meet your expectations. I will take care of your advice; they are useful to continue improvement. For your next visit feel free to contact me priors day at you trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Oak Bay, NB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This resort was even better this trip than the 3 trips before. Check in was fast, arrived at midnight and were taken right to our rooms along with our luggage. The room had be recently renovated and was very nice. We had a good view of the pool and could also see the ocean. The service was excellent and the employees friendly. A few employees stood out like Dilson in the Buffet and the bartender at the pool bar Efrain (may have spelled it wrong). We had a problem with our flush and called the front desk, it had been fixed by the time we returned to our room 2 hours later. The food was good at all the A LA Carte's and the buffet. We didn't really like the Italian but that had nothing to do with food quality. If you are travelling with Nolitours or Air Transat don't miss the special appreciation BBQ night, it was the best meal we had all week in our opinion. Will definitely be returning, best value for the money.

Room Tip: Great view from 4238.
3 Thank OakBay_NBSunseeker
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

I am very pleased to know that your fourth trip to our hotel was the best, it is nice to hear this and that our value for the money was satisfactory. Thank you for mentioning the staff that made your stay more memorable and would like that you come back soon, again.

Carbonear, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We just returned from spending a week at this resort and loved it. It was relaxing and being that close to nature, going to sleep to the sound of crickets and waking to birds chirping was definitely a plus. If you are looking for a wild time....this resort is not for you, but if you are looking for a place to replenish your soul I highly recommend it. The resort is older but very clean. The staff are exceptionally warm and friendly. The food was good and even for a picky eater like myself there was always something to choose from. We traveled with two other couples and did find the resort lacking evening entertainment. I think a dance area and some good dance music could definitely solve that problem with very little cost to the resort. I would return but next time with just my husband for a romantic get away. Loved the beauty, the staff and the sunny days.
Sitting here now looking out at the snow and wishing I was back there.

Room Tip: We were in room 3228. It was a nice room, and close to everything. Don't forget to tip....the...
1 Thank greytgal_13
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for writing on Trip Advisor the feedback of your experience in our resort. I am very happy to know that your time here was relaxing and charming. Also, Thanks for your advice; I use it to continue improvement. I just hope that you and your husband can return soon, we are waiting here in Natura Park.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I took in this resort from march 20th to the 27th 2013. We met our friends there from
nfld, that had visited this resort before, and really enjoyed it.
We were not disappointed from the time we arrived until the time we left.
The rooms were very large and clean. the grounds were in amazing shape and very clean. Lots of wildlife from ducks, fish, peacocks and flamingos.

The buffet resturants were good and the food was fabulous. The alacarte resteraunts were not so good we found.

We found the service from the front desk all the way down to the pool bars excellent. The beach is one the best beaches we have ever stepped foot on, lots of white sand.

the high light of our stay at the resort would be the the entertainment team that kept us laughing and made the day. We want to say a special thnks to BLACKY, ANNA, JUAN, DONALD, CAFFE and the rest of the entertainment team. Also thanks to IRIS and RAMON the bartentenders.

Overall you cannot go wrong buy booking this resort if you just want to relax and enjoy the the sunshine. We would definitely go back again.

just a little reminder, if you are looking souveniers and things, I suggest you visit the local malls or the flea market down the road. The place they call NICOLES is not for cheap souveniers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank kdsamson
Dear Guest: Thank you very much to write your feedback on Tip Advisor. I am very glad to know that you and your wife had a great time great and enjoyed our services, facilities and good attentions of our staff. Also, I appreciate your mentioning of all staff that did your stay more special. I hope that you come back soon, again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife, daughter and I recently returned from a March break vacation at the Natura Park Beach. We booked our vacation last minute. The resort wasn't our first choice, but it was literally the only one left so we grabbed it. The 3.5 star rating had us quite concerned but we really wanted to get away. This was our first time to the Dominican Republic but we have visited 14 other Caribbean Islands so we kind of built up a particular expectation. What we found was a pleasant surprise. This property has 5 star potential but they have a bit of work to do. The grounds are absolutely 5 star. No question. The food was better than I expected, it was fine. Nothing ground breaking or to get over excited about but I don't vacation for food. I eat food because I have to in order to stay alive. I had no problems with the food. The hotel is where they need to spend some money. Our room had 2 single beds and a couch. 2 adults cannot fit in one bed together. Also my daughter was quite taken aback by the bathroom. It doesn't have a solid door, and is more of a 'blind' style. My wife and I have seen this before on other Islands in condos we have rented but never in a hotel. The hotel decor is nice, it isn't boring to look at, there is nice wood trim that is kept up well. It is very clean, they do an excellent job with that.
The beach is quite nice but it doesn't have the crystal clear water some islands do. Having said that the look and feel of the beach more than made up for it. No problem getting chairs and drinks were very easily accessible. We had a wonderful trip. My daughter enjoyed feeding the Flamingo's who would take food right out of her hand. The entertainment in the evening was well done for the venue and did what it needed to do. It was entertaining.
A few other quick comments:
Agree with what others have said, English is rare on the resort and most employees cannot speak it especially in restaurants but it isn't a problem at all. I don't expect people to speak English everywhere, why would I? So, it wasn't an issue. We had no problems getting what we needed and the staff is very proud to help and they seem to truly appreciate their customers.
Entertainment staff. The young lady who worked with the kids in 'mini disco' was excellent with them. She truly seemed to enjoy it.
If I could speak to the leader of the entertainment staff I would have one comment. At the end of each show they encourage audience members to come up and dance. The seats largely empty and the only people left are those on stage. The staff always seems to have a good time together but they come off as if they are simply showing off their dance moves and they aren't really interacting with the guests. Guests on stage look kind of awkward in the background trying to keep up with the staff dancing with each other at the front. They should interact more with the guests and 'assist' them with some of the dance moves to make them feel more like they are part of the party. My daughter is a competitive dancer so my wife and I have seen a lot of it, these are good dancers but they shouldn't be there to "show off" or to just "party" with each other. They should mingle on the stage more with guests and in my opinion, it would come off much better.
We were stopped several times a day walking on resort pathways by people constantly wanting to sell dune buggy tours or swim with dolphins etc. This wasn't pleasant, but it is what it is.
Overall, the resort is fine. In our opinion this is some of what would need to happen. (for those that are curious) However, I think the resort is mostly fine the way it is and serves it's target market well. A nice vibe with nice people having a good relaxing vacation.

Some things to consider to elevate Star status a bit:
1. New bathroom doors
2. Potable water in the bathrooms
3. Beds lifted higher off the floor with higher quality linens
4. Entertainment staff needs to focus less on each other and more on the guests (some eye rolling was very visible from the on stage hosts during their guest interaction)
5. Food would need to be upgraded a bit. (But it was absolutely fine, just not 5 star)
6. Vendors on the beach would have to be better controlled
7. Stop the annoying practice of having people on property stop you every day begging you to purchase such things as dune buggy tours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank David L
Dear Guest: I appreciate that you have shared with us this summary about the experience that you and your family had in our resort. It is very nice to know that your stay was pleasant and your family enjoyed our wildlife. Thanks for your advices and recommendations, they are very useful to continue improvement. I would like that you and your family return someday, again.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We there at natura park for two weeks had a great vacation food was good hotel was clean animation team (caffey is amazing anna jm and blackie are the best) we had a wonderful time there was four of us and not one problem hotel staff is very friendly looking for ward to next march for another wonderful vacation p p l j thanks again

Room Tip: Choose second or third floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank patricia155017
Dear Guest: Thank you for your kind words about our resort. I am very happy to know that our hotel meet your expectations and your experience here was wonderful. I look forward to see you here in next march, again.
Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This resort was quick to get to once we landed, only about 20 minutes away. Check in time was quick as well.

This is an Eco Resort and focuses on nature. The rooms are a nice size and they have a cabin feel to them almost. The bed was surprisingly comfy and the air conditioning was excellent.

The beach is lovely. There is alot of seaweed that washes up but that is mother nature.

The food is excellent compared to another resort we stayed at. The buffet is generally the same for all three meals with a few different things every night. The drinks are excellent but the coffee was a little disappointing and lacked that punch that Dominican coffee usually has.

The service was excellent. Waiters, Bartenders, Maids, everything was fast and consistent.

We didn't attend alot of the nightly entertainment but from what we heard from others was that it was quite entertaining.

The grounds are just excellent to walk through with the winding pathways, birds every where, pools filled with fish. Grab an extra bread roll when your done eating and feed the birds and fish & Walk down the beach to the left for a ways and you'll find thousands of snails!

This is the perfect resort if you want to relax and focus on doing nothing but soaking in what is around you. For nature people this is the place to go. Throw in a day trip to Manati Park too to see even more animals on your nature trip.

A little tip, the Larimar in the gift shop is indeed quite alot cheaper then the shop they call Nicoles and recommend you to go to.

4 Thank AVB4185
Dear Guest: I am very glad to hear your kind words and know that our hotel exceed your expectations and your experience here in Natura Park was really relaxing and pleasant Thank you for mentioning the natural beauty of our wildlife. I just hope that you return someday, again.