“Fun Fun Fun”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have just returned from a two week vacation with 3 other couples at this resort. This was my second time at Natura Park and I was not disappointed. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles and drinks and check in was fast and pleasent. Food was great and rooms were clean. The entertainment staff was great had us all participating which is something I don't usually do. I am proud to say I even won a certificate for Archery LOL I highly recomend this hotel as I don't have one complaint.
Alexandra K

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank tomcatkittycat
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest:

Really, it is a pleasure for me to know that you chose our resort for second time and that you and others 3 couples had an amazing time here. Thank you very for trusting and giving us the opportunity to serve you, again. I would love that you come back to our hotel some day in the future.

Very cordially,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,476)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I just returned from spending ten days and was very disappointed with the rooms which are very outdated. We were first put in a room where the air did not work and it took three days for them to move us. I forgot a pair of expensive shoes in the first room and complained about this and they were never returned.which is very upsetting to me. The buffets were so so and it seems that it was always the same. The personnel there were very indifferent and it always took about two days to reach the client services. Punta Cana have wonderful all inclusive resorts and I am so sorry that I chose this one. When people are at this resort and cannot get off it to see the island the taxis charged a lot of money. There was no entertainment to speak of and honestly it was a very boring trip. I can only advise people to look elsewhere when planning a trip to this hotel. The charges upon check out were uncalled for and they would do nothing about this. Go elsewhere!!!.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank lexee59

Dear Guest:

I deeply regret that our did not exceed your expectations and please I apologies for any dissatisfaction with our facilities and service. Our hotel has a daily program of entertainment day and night, it is very varied. Also our staff works hard to provide a friendly and helpful service and our room need to update but we keep is very clean each day.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have just returned from "Blau Natura" in Punta Cana , as i was there from Jan.19th-27th , 2013. I had a wonderful time . Of course , there is good and bad with pretty much any place you go , but for here , I have to say , for the price I paid ($1000. for 8 days) , I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
The room was simple but very Dominican . The beds were very comfortable (thick , firm , pillowtop) , and the room , impeccably clean , with fresh flowers on my bed and in my bathroom everyday. my room number was 4139 and the housekeeper is very good and very sweet.Always had a smile and pleasant to hear ,..... "Ola!" . Not one hair anywhere !
The waiters and waitresses in the buffet were awesome . Thank you again Manuel !
The steakhouse (Media Luna) was absolutely amazing . The best steak I have ever had , and I usually go to the Keg because it's the best . At all restaurants , the desserts are to die for , they are so amazingly good. Fresh fruit everyday , amazing selection , fruit smoothies every morning with watermelon , cantaloupe , passionfruit , banannas , mangoe , papaya . Mmmmmmm! I miss those. And the omelettes!!!........... WoW , Thankyou Frankie!! You did a great job and made perfect omelettes . The buffet , also at dinner time had many types of meat , styles of food etc. I enjoyed roast beef with gravy , chicken , meatballs , ham , fish turkey . steamed peppers , spinach , carrots , corn , peas , brocolli . They also had french fries , hamburgs , and hotdogs and chicken wings at the grill near the pool .
The grounds were abolutely beautiful with every plant and bird surrounding the property.Mangroves , bridges , ponds flamingos and peacocks are in my happy memory .
The shows were great with lots of dancing , funny games . etc....
bets shows are the Dominican , Michael Jackson Tribute , and the Circus . A shuttle will take you to casino and the entertainment team will take you out to the disco later at night if you choose to want to go . There are tons of activities that are run all day with excercises in and outside of the pool . Bars are everywhere with drinks overflowing! The resort is not too big but just the right size. Activities for rain days aswell . You are never bored there and have no need to go off the property , really , but , the excursions are fascinating .
There is so much greatness about this resort , I could go on and on. I have no idea why any bad review is out there on this place . it exceeded all my expectations and well worth the price .
My only negative experiences with the hotel were all the "Don Juans" learing to get a peice of skin , but at the same time it was also kinda fun , being a single traveller and all . I guess depending on whether you like that or no you could feel either way about this . Somedays it made me angry and other days I was flattered depending on the approach . "Love" , so they call it , runs rampid in this part of the world and for a couple looking for romance or a single looking for some fun , this is definately the place to come . Quiet ????? no!!! , and many Europeaners and frech from Montreal so if you can't adapt to that then you're best to stay home or go somewhere else . Somedays I found this to be exhilerating , getting to know other people from other parts of the world and other days , annoying! , as we are definately not all alike in our "mutual respect for eachother .
One thing that was abit disappointing during my stay , was the plumbing . The toilet did not properly flush all the time and eventually leaked water out the back of the toilet . I called the front desk and they said that they would send maintenance which took about an hour for them to come , The electrical outlets in the bathroom did not work so i could not charge my phone which rather upset me and I reported but nothing was done . They'd send someone who couldn't fix the problem and just looked at me and said "it blew" . The fuse or power breaker is what I'm guessing he is talking about.Well , that really screwed things up for me wanting to charge my batteries for my camera but " Marino" at front desk offered to charge my batteries at front desk . "Jose" too was very helpful; .Definately did not like "Dickity Doo" harassing on the beach for tours and if you didn't book with him he'd say he didn't like you . I heard him say this to others . He also was unprofessional and acted like a clown and unfortunately , some fell for it. Book through Angie with Sunwing at front of hotel (she is Dominican but straight up and reliable & pleasant to deal with . "Blacky" is a great entertainer and "Julio" at the towel booth was very pleasant . Everyone there works so hard . it is a busy hotel and many know how great the service here is so please go easy on them and be sure to tip as they so deserve it. Any problems there at the resort , were definately tended to and if any staff acted out of line it was dealt with severely . I hear that 4 people were fired one morning for different reasons . I feel the hotel staff run a tight ship here. They know there stuff and go out of there way to make you happy and satisfied. i sure was.I would love to go back but I'm not sure if I will as I have to pay a single supplement fee if travelling there by myself , but who knows . it really is a great place . The beach did have seaweed though but they were out raking it up from dusk to dawn with a big tractor to haul it away with. The sand was beautiful , and it was also nice to be able to walk for mile down the beach to secluded areas . Oh!! , and I loved that the market came to you(right at the hotel) on Thursdays , selling lots of goodies. That was really cool!!! Also , The lobby had many different levels with comfortable furniture to take a rest in . Just overall a great place with great staff that will be truly missed. Thank you "Blau Natura" .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
12  Thank Andrea G

Dear Guest: I appreciate the time dedicated to write your kind words about the experience that you had in our hotel. It is an honor has the opportunity to read the comments of guest as you that have left completely satisfied and with plans to return. Thank you very much for mentioning all the staff that were friendly, helpful and made your stay more memorable. I just hope that you come back soon, again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just returned from a week at Natura Park...PLEASE do not listen to the bad reviews. The place was fantastic from the pick up at the airport to check out...EVERYONE was friendly and helpful. Yes, the rooms are dated but they were always cleaned and everything worked and if you didnt have something you just had to ask and it was there. The Anamacion crew were fantastic and always had something going on. Food was great, all the cocktails superb, the Steakhouse dinner was the best. The resort grounds are beautiful and kept very clean. Our Westjet rep was great with alot of good information and helpful to us for booking excursions. One note....dont book trips with the reps on the beach...stick to going threw your rep. All in all....I would definitely return absolutely nothing bad to say. PS....dont feed the brown goose...he bites lol!!

Room Tip: Ask for building 4000...we had 4130 which backed onto beach.
10  Thank cindy c

Dear Guest:

I am happy to hear that you had a perfect week in our hotel. Thanks for mentioning good aspects of our resort and sharing it with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I would like that you return again at your home Natura Park.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is somewhat dated and rooms are furnished shabbily. However, our room was spotlessly clean, which my white socks I wore while puttering about inside, and on the balcony, can attest to. The cleaning lady provided everything we asked for and she made the room as inviting as she could with her extra touches.
Finally, a beach where one does not have to get to super early in order to find a sun lounger and/or shade! Anytime we arrived, early, late, afternoon, there were plenty available and in good working order. Same with towels.
Happy with the food. Somewhat repetitive offerings for both breakfasts and lunches, but enough of a selection to have something different every day. No lines ups to speak of at the carving station, pasta, fresh juice, nor omelet stations. They also have coffee machines where you can obtain expressos, cappuchino's, hot chocolate, cafe au lait etc. Always hot and obviously, freshly made. These machines are located in the buffet restaurant and the lobby bar.
Really, the only negative I have is the fact that they spray the place every day or two for mosquitoes. It's a smoke bomb. Once they sprayed so much that the complete hotel lobby, bar, etc...a huge area, was completely filled with 'smoke'. I dared not walk through it but rather stayed put at the edge, with a cloth over my nose and mouth, until the 'smoke' cleared. Very unpleasant, alarming, yet curiously not a lot of reaction from guests.
I would not go back for the following two reasons:
the toxic treatment they utilize that I do not want to breath and be in contact with;
the people selling on the property. One salesperson blocked my path so that I could not pass-too aggressive for me.
What I found postive:
Foods, drinks, service, grounds, wildlife, plentiful beach chairs.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that faces the outside of the resort. This is the path they take to spray for...
6  Thank valdi1

Dear Guest:

First of all, I would like to apologies for the inconvenience that had with spraying smoke and the rude vendors in our hotel. Really, I regret that these situations are the reason why you do not return to our hotel. Besides the spraying is necessary to eliminate mosquitoes in the hotel and is done two times to day. On the other hand I am glad to know that our services, foods, drinks, grounds, beach and wildlife were satisfactory.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Maybe we lack bias since this was our first trip but we found this resort to be great!

RECEPTION: When you drive up you're taken in by the charm of it - thatched roof reception area, beautiful flowers and more! They welcome you with a drink too. Our room wasn't ready so they suggested we go down to the buffet lunch, after which we enjoyed drinks from the bar while we waited in the lounge.

ROOMS: The patios are cute, and there is an elevator - at Patio 1, but it's much quicker to just walk through the grounds (head straight from the buffet's entrance) to your destination. We had Patio 4, 3rd floor, view of the flamingo pond. Beautiful - even had a sliver of ocean in our view! We had no issues with our room, and though we know others did, they didn't seem too upset. Beds are hard, and I recommend calling/emailing ahead to request a king-size. Apparently a lot of people got two twins! Make the most of it - if you're spending all your time in your room, you've chosen the wrong place to vacation!

BEACH: The beach is beautiful, and yes there is seaweed, but it's the ocean, what do you expect? Head down to the right near the edge of the resort's private beach and you'll find more chairs, shade, and space. The pool is cold, but beautiful and you adapt quickly.

BARS: All the bartenders are great - visit Jorge at the bar above the pool & request a Jorge special - YUM! Be sure to check out the entertainment. It's fun. The MC does a great job - I think his name's Donald. The Mr and Miss Natura Park nights are pretty amusing - it's not really a beauty contest. They make them do funny tasks, like act out a skit or follow instructions in a Simon Says fashion.

FOOD: It's good - some great, some just good, some not so much. I met a lady who said she was already sick of the buffet on her second day there but it's a buffet - so many options you can easily change it up. Plus, they will change some items daily. Breakfast is great - loved getting omelettes made by Andrea! The seafood a la carte was the worst. My boyfriend says the Italian was best but for me it was the steakhouse. Book your a la cartes on Day 1 so you get them. They don't fill all tables, except in the steakhouse.

WATER: Don't drink the tap water, and don't sing in the shower (as our tour rep warned). But the ice cubes, pitchers on tables, and food that's been rinsed is all safe - all filtered water.

EXCURSIONS: Book Catalina VIP. We had an amazing time! It was our last day, and what a wonderful way to end it! We also did Dolphin Explorer. It was pretty neat! Expensive for the photos/video after but if you only plan to do it once in your life, why not? You can book with your tour rep - you'll find them sitting around the side of the gift shop. You could book from the guys on the grounds trying to sell them, but we were warned they lie to you about distance to get there (20 mins vs 2 hours), and have no concern for your safety.

SHOPPING: If you walk down the street you'll see some shops. They say "no pushy pushy" but they are. They'll give you gifts of necklaces and insist you drink the Mamajuana (local alcohol said to be an aphrodisiac). Barter with them. And be prepared to say no - they are good at the guilt game! The gift shop on the resort has decent prices, and the other shops sell pretty much the same things.

PHOTOS: Tucked under the stairs is Photoshop. You'll see them on the grounds with monkeys, parrots and other animals. They'll take photos of you with the animals and sell them to you later ... they take great photos and the animals are amazingly well behaved. Definitely buy at least one! Take your camera on the grounds. There are wild birds that live on the grounds. Ducks, flamingos, funny little somethings, and the geese (which are massive) will actually stop and pose for photos!

While you're there, if you find a cute little lonely white flip flop with a flower on it, it's mine! I'd like it back ;)

7  Thank Scristi

Dear Guest:

I am very happy to read your comments on Trip Advisor and know that you had a fantastic experience with us. Thank you very much for your kind words and I would like to welcome to you some day in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

After reading a lot of reviews I was a bit worried after booking this resort.
If your looking to get away and relax a bit on the beach its a great place to go..if the price is right.
Wandy at the front desk is very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to get in Block 7, ocean front for an upgraded price after arrival. The rooms are much nicer around the pool area and ocean..they have flat screen tv's and are fully stocked daily . (They have wash cloths)
There are always enough chairs on the beach for everyone and 2 bars on the beach for convenience.
The food is not bad but is mainly the same for lunch and dinner at the buffet's. The Steak and Italian A la Cartes are very good..I recommend going to them.
The entertainment is as expected..and the staff are always on the go and are very pleasant.
Most of them understand some English...if it seems like they dont..its mainly because your not pleasant and they choose not to communicate. ( Honestly..I dont blame them)
The drinks are what I always get in Punta Cana..Lots of Rum and Mamajuana..even the Margaritas were good though.
There are two bars at the pool. Iris works the day shift at the upper bar and I have to say she is one of the nicest bartenders ever. We tend to tip so maybe that has to do with the great customer service we received throughout the resort.
The venders are everywhere in Punta Cana..it honestly didnt seem any worse.
If your looking for a party place or a singles club..this is not for you. Its very quiet after midnight.

Room Tip: Try and get in Blocks 5- 10.
4  Thank RVSNiagara

Dear Guest:

I appreciate that you have shared your experience in our hotel with others on Trip Advisor. Also, it is very satisfactory for me to know that our resort meets your expectations and that the staffs were helpful, also thanks for your suggestions. I just hope that you come back soon again.