WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #74 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
toronto
“Couples stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am writing this review from one of the bars at the resort. Overall location and state of hotel is slightly dated. There is a benefit in the older hotels have very lush and mature vegetation. For the money value was good except that it most ruined my marriage. See the hotel has only one buffet location but they set up the best tables for four people or more so all the couples are squeezed in narrow tables for two or larger tables near serving stations set up with two place settings. Of course I refused to be herded and it worked until tonight when they lied and said the table for four was reserved. I got upset which got my wife upset at me for being upset. So as I don't need and I am sure you don't to fight with your better half especially on vacation If you are a couple stay away who needs this tension 3 times a day breakfast lunch and dinner. Foursomes don't pay more than couples so spend your money where you're appreciated

Room Tip: Stay away from lobby area that is where night shows are
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wyseeit
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

I appreciated your time to write your comments during the stay in our hotel. Please, apologies for any dissatisfaction with tables at the buffet restaurant, but we have available tables for couples in our buffet. I would liked to attend your case during your time here and have found satisfactory solution to this inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at Natura Park with a friend May 29-June 5, our stay was awesome. The staff was friendly, always asking if we needed anything or wanted anything to drink. And they did not seem to mind that we were a rowdy group of teenagers (group of 9 altogether) always playing cards in the lobby or dancing on stage.
The beach is beautiful, our room was very nice with high ceilings. Our remote sometimes didn't work but who cares just get up and turn off the television. It was more than adequate for anyone. I have absolutely no complaints, the food was good, especially fresh fruit for breakfast. Lots of variety. The best part is that to the left of the hotel, there are no other resorts, so you don't have a grounded beach with tons of people fighting for chairs. There are more than enough and it makes for a beautiful walk.
Don't listen to the bad reviews about this resort, the staff and especially the animators are so genuinely happy and a pleasure to be around. You won't regret booking here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Courtney N
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest:

I am very happy to read on Trip Advisor the comments about your stay from May 29 – June 05, 2012 and know that you and your friends had an amazing time here. Thanks for mentioning the natural beauty of our beach, our fresh and varied food and our funny animation team. I would like that you come back some day, again.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Tis hotel is 3 and a half stars and it lived up to our expectations. The rooms are very nice but I would recommend bringing your own hair dryer because the one provided doesn't work well. You can tell the hotel is a little older but I think in general it is very nice. The beach is great except for the fact that there is always seaweed in the sand but they do clean the beach daily. The night shows are fun and the staff is very helpful. Sammy the tour guide was amazing! He was hilarious and a great tour guide as well Donald the MC was fantastic. He is very polite and genuinely cares for the safety of everyone who works at the resort. I would really recommend getting to know them! The food was okay and I do appreciate that the buffet changes every day. Be careful with who you buy tours with, the lady who works with the resort charges much more than other people around the resort. If you want a good deal on souvenirs then do NOT go to the boutique. The hotel does a poor job of advertising the events that go on in the hotel. there are many things to do you just have to ask around. if you are interested in going to clubs there is not one in the resort but every night they take a bus and go to 2 different clubs for only tourists. Overall the trip was okay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Nikki M
Dear Guest:

I am very happy to hear that you had a great time in our hotel, that our beach was lovely and the night show were funny. Also, I appreciate your advice these are useful to improve our property. I just hope have another opportunity to give you welcome to Natura Park.

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked Natura Park through Nolitour and afterwards came on this site to look at the reviews...needless to say I was shocked to see so many bad reviews but I told myself, content people don't write reviews only the discontent do and decided I would see for myself
Spent a week there from Dec 21 to 29 2012 and overall it was perfect. I traveled with my 2 teenage boys, 14 & 17, we were given a room with 2 double beds plus a day bed...much more than I expected, I had told the boys they would have to sleep in the same bed needless to say they were very happy to see they would each have a bed. Our room was cleaned every day, flowers left on the bed, with the towels, mini fridge refilled daily. We did not spend that much time in the room, mostly we slept and showered there and it was just fine to do so.
The hotel staff was excellent, friendly, always a hola and a smile.
Yes the beach has algae...it is the ocean and not protected by a cove so what do you expect. I grew up by the sea, algae is part of life and they did pick it up and rake it daily so was it an issue...no not at all
To all the discontent, the hotel is rated a 3.5 stars so do not expect 5 stars. I thank all the staff at the resort, the certainly made my trip enjoyable and I would definitely visit again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank byhorse
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor. Also, I am grateful to give us the opportunity to serve you and your boys. It is very satisfactory for me to know that you and your sons had a great stay and that our staffs were friendly and helpful. Please when you return, do not hesitate contact me priors days at you arrival, I will be happy to have specials details during your next stay.

Best regards,
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was by far, one of the most beautiful resorts we have ever stayed at. The rooms were so big. The food was so, so good...actually one of the best a la cartes I have ever had was at the Italian Restaurant The grounds were absolutely wonderful and provided so much entertainment. The pool was very clean and nice and warm. The beach was so beautiful....white white sand, blue blue water. The bars were also top notch !!!!!

Great, friendly, happy staff working there...all of them.

Room Tip: All three of the rooms we had (on the bottom) floor were wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank CatherineCK_13
Dear Guest:

It is very great to read your kind words about the fabulous time that you enjoyed in our hotel. Always is nice to receive the comment from guest as you have left completely satisfied. Thanks for mentioning the well done job of our staff. I just hope that you return soon, again.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in January 2013 for two weeks. overall impression is poor. it is not 5 stars but 3+ stars hotel. the only good thing is central hotel territory with small lakes and birds which is possible to feed.
Hotel is 15 years old and doesn't have signs of renovation. Main hall and restaurant is dark, like if it is made especially to hide its age. Food is normal but could be better for this price. fruits are limited and sometime tainted.
Rooms are definitively 15 years old. freezers have been replaced everywhere during our presence in the hotel (maybe first time for 15 years). furniture is old and highly used. windows have gaps and don't prevent sounds of animals/birds or night show
Night show is very loud and could be heard almost everywhere in the hotel rooms, so one can dance without leaving room.
SPA costs high but done very poorly, like if a person has been doing a sport massage normally and suddenly tries to deliver SPA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Moscow_RussiaSergey
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest:

I deeply regret that our value for money has not been satisfactory. We know that our hotel need to be update, however we have an assorted and varied foods in our buffet and a la carte restaurants, our room receive constantly preventive maintenance to keep it in acceptable conditions. I will pass your comments about the spa to their management.

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort from December 25th 2012 to January 1st 2013. There was a group of 5 of us and we had a great time. The hotel grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. I am not entirely sure why people complain about the front desk, they were very efficient and helpful. They took care of any request we had in a timely fashion. The food is great..there were always plenty of options. The steakhouse a la carte is by far the best! Keep in mind, you are down south and you cannot expect to eat exactly like you do at home.The drinks are awesome! Make sure to try a white lady! The beach is very pretty and there are always plenty of lounge chairs available. There is a great deal of seaweed in the water that washes up onto the beach. However, there are people working hard all day long to try and keep it clean. The rooms are dated and could use a facelift. That being said, we were there for the beach and the sun therefore we did not spend much time in the room to begin with. One tip, request a room on the third floor as the ceilings are vaulted and it opens up the space quite a bit. The new years eve celebrations were fun! We loved the party on the beach and the fireworks at midnight.

Overall, the staff, resort and amenities are fantastic! We met some great people and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
19 Thank Marylynn25
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to enjoy Christmas and New Year. I am very pleased to know that your time with us has been great and that our services were satisfactory. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.