“A good vacation”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Tis hotel is 3 and a half stars and it lived up to our expectations. The rooms are very nice but I would recommend bringing your own hair dryer because the one provided doesn't work well. You can tell the hotel is a little older but I think in general it is very nice. The beach is great except for the fact that there is always seaweed in the sand but they do clean the beach daily. The night shows are fun and the staff is very helpful. Sammy the tour guide was amazing! He was hilarious and a great tour guide as well Donald the MC was fantastic. He is very polite and genuinely cares for the safety of everyone who works at the resort. I would really recommend getting to know them! The food was okay and I do appreciate that the buffet changes every day. Be careful with who you buy tours with, the lady who works with the resort charges much more than other people around the resort. If you want a good deal on souvenirs then do NOT go to the boutique. The hotel does a poor job of advertising the events that go on in the hotel. there are many things to do you just have to ask around. if you are interested in going to clubs there is not one in the resort but every night they take a bus and go to 2 different clubs for only tourists. Overall the trip was okay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Nikki M
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest:

I am very happy to hear that you had a great time in our hotel, that our beach was lovely and the night show were funny. Also, I appreciate your advice these are useful to improve our property. I just hope have another opportunity to give you welcome to Natura Park.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,428)

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked Natura Park through Nolitour and afterwards came on this site to look at the reviews...needless to say I was shocked to see so many bad reviews but I told myself, content people don't write reviews only the discontent do and decided I would see for myself
Spent a week there from Dec 21 to 29 2012 and overall it was perfect. I traveled with my 2 teenage boys, 14 & 17, we were given a room with 2 double beds plus a day bed...much more than I expected, I had told the boys they would have to sleep in the same bed needless to say they were very happy to see they would each have a bed. Our room was cleaned every day, flowers left on the bed, with the towels, mini fridge refilled daily. We did not spend that much time in the room, mostly we slept and showered there and it was just fine to do so.
The hotel staff was excellent, friendly, always a hola and a smile.
Yes the beach has algae...it is the ocean and not protected by a cove so what do you expect. I grew up by the sea, algae is part of life and they did pick it up and rake it daily so was it an issue...no not at all
To all the discontent, the hotel is rated a 3.5 stars so do not expect 5 stars. I thank all the staff at the resort, the certainly made my trip enjoyable and I would definitely visit again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank byhorse

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor. Also, I am grateful to give us the opportunity to serve you and your boys. It is very satisfactory for me to know that you and your sons had a great stay and that our staffs were friendly and helpful. Please when you return, do not hesitate contact me priors days at you arrival, I will be happy to have specials details during your next stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was by far, one of the most beautiful resorts we have ever stayed at. The rooms were so big. The food was so, so good...actually one of the best a la cartes I have ever had was at the Italian Restaurant The grounds were absolutely wonderful and provided so much entertainment. The pool was very clean and nice and warm. The beach was so beautiful....white white sand, blue blue water. The bars were also top notch !!!!!

Great, friendly, happy staff working there...all of them.

Room Tip: All three of the rooms we had (on the bottom) floor were wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank CatherineCK_13

Dear Guest:

It is very great to read your kind words about the fabulous time that you enjoyed in our hotel. Always is nice to receive the comment from guest as you have left completely satisfied. Thanks for mentioning the well done job of our staff. I just hope that you return soon, again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in January 2013 for two weeks. overall impression is poor. it is not 5 stars but 3+ stars hotel. the only good thing is central hotel territory with small lakes and birds which is possible to feed.
Hotel is 15 years old and doesn't have signs of renovation. Main hall and restaurant is dark, like if it is made especially to hide its age. Food is normal but could be better for this price. fruits are limited and sometime tainted.
Rooms are definitively 15 years old. freezers have been replaced everywhere during our presence in the hotel (maybe first time for 15 years). furniture is old and highly used. windows have gaps and don't prevent sounds of animals/birds or night show
Night show is very loud and could be heard almost everywhere in the hotel rooms, so one can dance without leaving room.
SPA costs high but done very poorly, like if a person has been doing a sport massage normally and suddenly tries to deliver SPA.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Moscow_RussiaSergey
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest:

I deeply regret that our value for money has not been satisfactory. We know that our hotel need to be update, however we have an assorted and varied foods in our buffet and a la carte restaurants, our room receive constantly preventive maintenance to keep it in acceptable conditions. I will pass your comments about the spa to their management.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort from December 25th 2012 to January 1st 2013. There was a group of 5 of us and we had a great time. The hotel grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. I am not entirely sure why people complain about the front desk, they were very efficient and helpful. They took care of any request we had in a timely fashion. The food is great..there were always plenty of options. The steakhouse a la carte is by far the best! Keep in mind, you are down south and you cannot expect to eat exactly like you do at home.The drinks are awesome! Make sure to try a white lady! The beach is very pretty and there are always plenty of lounge chairs available. There is a great deal of seaweed in the water that washes up onto the beach. However, there are people working hard all day long to try and keep it clean. The rooms are dated and could use a facelift. That being said, we were there for the beach and the sun therefore we did not spend much time in the room to begin with. One tip, request a room on the third floor as the ceilings are vaulted and it opens up the space quite a bit. The new years eve celebrations were fun! We loved the party on the beach and the fireworks at midnight.

Overall, the staff, resort and amenities are fantastic! We met some great people and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank Marylynn25
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to enjoy Christmas and New Year. I am very pleased to know that your time with us has been great and that our services were satisfactory. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I cannot emphasize enough how very thankful I am to Blau Natura! My family and I were there for 2 weeks! We have 4 little ones and they were more than accomodating. They went above and beyond what I expected, giving us a suite for a family of six. Yes, some things need improving, but to me, it's the way we were treated and more than welcomed that would bring me back. The rooms are very clean, the pool and the beach are awesome. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this place is. If you go expecting a 5 star stay in EVERY aspect of your vacation, then pay for the 5 star plus treatment and go to bahamas or somewhere else! I have been to a 5 star in mexico and cuba....mexico was nice can't remember much about it I guess the people didn't make much of an impression....cuba, never again!! You can't compare cuba to anywhere else....the Blau made our stay wonderful because of it's dedicated personnel like Marino at reception; Sr. Luis at guest services; Jorge Baez, our favourite bartender; Manuel, Junior, Socrates, and Cesar at the main buffet; Francisco at the smoothie station along with Andrea at the omelette station. As well as Cristina Socias who made both arrangements for my hubby's bday and son's bday memmorable. The general manager took the time to listen to my suggestions. They take their work very seriously and do their very best to accommodate you. Our cleaning lady, Rocio was a sweetheart always giving 110%. The good overlooks the "improvements" it requires. I went there with an open mind and was surprised by the level of professionalism and dedication. These people work sooo hard, our xmas eve gala brought tears to my eyes. You could see how much time everyone spent decorating, cooking, carving fruit and making the place look immaculate for all of us to enjoy. This was my 2nd time in DR and am so happy we chose this resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone! But then again, if you want 5 star treatment and expectations, then pay for it. As for me, I thought I paid for a 3.5 and received a 4.5 reward. THANK YOU BLAU NATURA for everything you did for us! It's your people and high level of service we hold dear and will come back to.

Sandy DN
Ontario

• Stayed: December 2012
15  Thank SandyDN

Dear Guest:

Really, it is a pleasure for me to read on Trip Advisor your kind words about the wonderful stay that you and your family had in our hotel and mostly I am very pleased to know that our resort exceeded all your expectations. I also thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and for recommending us. I just hope to give you welcome here in your second home, again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveled from 12/20 to 12/29 solo.
As others have written , the resort can use an update, but it was clean and the resort staff were outstanding!

The food in the buffet and the speciality restaurants was great. One can always find something to eat, and the late-night snack service at the beach from 10.00pm to 6:00am was a nice touch,serving burgers,dogs and fries.

The beach is the highlight of the resort. Yes,there is some seagrass, but they do a great job cleaning the beach,and there are ample chairs and shade areas. To the left of the resort you can walk it seems for miles on virgin beach .Totally beautiful!

There are at least 5 bars that I counted, 3 near the beach and pool, and 2 in the lobby areas.
My only complaint was the quality of the liquor. They serve a local brand from Santo Domingo called Royal.If your a hard-liquor drinker you may be disappointed.

Overall I would recommended Natura Park very highly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
18  Thank RAY S

Dear Guest:

I appreciate your suggestions and thank you for recommending others on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and the service of our staff was exceptional. I would really like to visit us again someday in the future.

Best regards,