“What a fabulous trip”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #80 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was by far, one of the most beautiful resorts we have ever stayed at. The rooms were so big. The food was so, so good...actually one of the best a la cartes I have ever had was at the Italian Restaurant The grounds were absolutely wonderful and provided so much entertainment. The pool was very clean and nice and warm. The beach was so beautiful....white white sand, blue blue water. The bars were also top notch !!!!!

Great, friendly, happy staff working there...all of them.

Room Tip: All three of the rooms we had (on the bottom) floor were wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank CatherineCK_13
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest:

It is very great to read your kind words about the fabulous time that you enjoyed in our hotel. Always is nice to receive the comment from guest as you have left completely satisfied. Thanks for mentioning the well done job of our staff. I just hope that you return soon, again.

There are newer reviews for Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in January 2013 for two weeks. overall impression is poor. it is not 5 stars but 3+ stars hotel. the only good thing is central hotel territory with small lakes and birds which is possible to feed.
Hotel is 15 years old and doesn't have signs of renovation. Main hall and restaurant is dark, like if it is made especially to hide its age. Food is normal but could be better for this price. fruits are limited and sometime tainted.
Rooms are definitively 15 years old. freezers have been replaced everywhere during our presence in the hotel (maybe first time for 15 years). furniture is old and highly used. windows have gaps and don't prevent sounds of animals/birds or night show
Night show is very loud and could be heard almost everywhere in the hotel rooms, so one can dance without leaving room.
SPA costs high but done very poorly, like if a person has been doing a sport massage normally and suddenly tries to deliver SPA.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Moscow_RussiaSergey
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest:

I deeply regret that our value for money has not been satisfactory. We know that our hotel need to be update, however we have an assorted and varied foods in our buffet and a la carte restaurants, our room receive constantly preventive maintenance to keep it in acceptable conditions. I will pass your comments about the spa to their management.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort from December 25th 2012 to January 1st 2013. There was a group of 5 of us and we had a great time. The hotel grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. I am not entirely sure why people complain about the front desk, they were very efficient and helpful. They took care of any request we had in a timely fashion. The food is great..there were always plenty of options. The steakhouse a la carte is by far the best! Keep in mind, you are down south and you cannot expect to eat exactly like you do at home.The drinks are awesome! Make sure to try a white lady! The beach is very pretty and there are always plenty of lounge chairs available. There is a great deal of seaweed in the water that washes up onto the beach. However, there are people working hard all day long to try and keep it clean. The rooms are dated and could use a facelift. That being said, we were there for the beach and the sun therefore we did not spend much time in the room to begin with. One tip, request a room on the third floor as the ceilings are vaulted and it opens up the space quite a bit. The new years eve celebrations were fun! We loved the party on the beach and the fireworks at midnight.

Overall, the staff, resort and amenities are fantastic! We met some great people and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank Marylynn25
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to enjoy Christmas and New Year. I am very pleased to know that your time with us has been great and that our services were satisfactory. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I cannot emphasize enough how very thankful I am to Blau Natura! My family and I were there for 2 weeks! We have 4 little ones and they were more than accomodating. They went above and beyond what I expected, giving us a suite for a family of six. Yes, some things need improving, but to me, it's the way we were treated and more than welcomed that would bring me back. The rooms are very clean, the pool and the beach are awesome. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this place is. If you go expecting a 5 star stay in EVERY aspect of your vacation, then pay for the 5 star plus treatment and go to bahamas or somewhere else! I have been to a 5 star in mexico and cuba....mexico was nice can't remember much about it I guess the people didn't make much of an impression....cuba, never again!! You can't compare cuba to anywhere else....the Blau made our stay wonderful because of it's dedicated personnel like Marino at reception; Sr. Luis at guest services; Jorge Baez, our favourite bartender; Manuel, Junior, Socrates, and Cesar at the main buffet; Francisco at the smoothie station along with Andrea at the omelette station. As well as Cristina Socias who made both arrangements for my hubby's bday and son's bday memmorable. The general manager took the time to listen to my suggestions. They take their work very seriously and do their very best to accommodate you. Our cleaning lady, Rocio was a sweetheart always giving 110%. The good overlooks the "improvements" it requires. I went there with an open mind and was surprised by the level of professionalism and dedication. These people work sooo hard, our xmas eve gala brought tears to my eyes. You could see how much time everyone spent decorating, cooking, carving fruit and making the place look immaculate for all of us to enjoy. This was my 2nd time in DR and am so happy we chose this resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone! But then again, if you want 5 star treatment and expectations, then pay for it. As for me, I thought I paid for a 3.5 and received a 4.5 reward. THANK YOU BLAU NATURA for everything you did for us! It's your people and high level of service we hold dear and will come back to.

Sandy DN
Ontario

• Stayed: December 2012
15  Thank SandyDN

Dear Guest:

Really, it is a pleasure for me to read on Trip Advisor your kind words about the wonderful stay that you and your family had in our hotel and mostly I am very pleased to know that our resort exceeded all your expectations. I also thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and for recommending us. I just hope to give you welcome here in your second home, again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveled from 12/20 to 12/29 solo.
As others have written , the resort can use an update, but it was clean and the resort staff were outstanding!

The food in the buffet and the speciality restaurants was great. One can always find something to eat, and the late-night snack service at the beach from 10.00pm to 6:00am was a nice touch,serving burgers,dogs and fries.

The beach is the highlight of the resort. Yes,there is some seagrass, but they do a great job cleaning the beach,and there are ample chairs and shade areas. To the left of the resort you can walk it seems for miles on virgin beach .Totally beautiful!

There are at least 5 bars that I counted, 3 near the beach and pool, and 2 in the lobby areas.
My only complaint was the quality of the liquor. They serve a local brand from Santo Domingo called Royal.If your a hard-liquor drinker you may be disappointed.

Overall I would recommended Natura Park very highly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
18  Thank RAY S

Dear Guest:

I appreciate your suggestions and thank you for recommending others on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and the service of our staff was exceptional. I would really like to visit us again someday in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Besides the beach and great weather, the hotel experience was pretty bad. The worst service was at the lobby. Bear in mind this is my first visit to DR and likely the last. Unlike any other place i have been on vacation before, namely Cuba, we were not greeted with refreshments at the hotel. Instead we had to wait in line with a 20 month old toddler for the slowest moving check in staff. We had to pay up fron 4$/ day for the "privilege" of using the safe in our room! Right there i realised the hotel was far from a 4 star as advertised. Once in our room, we found out that the was no baby crib despite making sure one had been requested by phone prior to departing from Canada when speaking with Sunwing. Immediately 2 other issues were identified 1) the toilet would not flush and 2) the phone in the room would not work (the telephone cable was connected to the phone's data port instead of the RJ11 port). Needless to say i had to walk back to the reception. After letting them of the toilet problem and missing crib i returned to the room so my gf and son would go eat. Throughout the stay the food was mediocre at best with a single exception, the sunday when the hotel boss came to visit, on that particular day the were easely 2x to 3x more food choices than usual. The one thing, that strikes us and most of the other guests was the lack of smiles from the staff, and the unequal service received. We also noticed that we never received the same number of towels in the room, and on 2 separate ocasions the "clean" towels were dirtier than the previous ones. Sometime you'd get good service but for the most part the servce was inferior to what i have experienced in 3 separate trips to Cuba, 2x as a couple and once as a family with a 9 month baby. I also found out the very hard way that at this hotel you can't exchange canadian $ for Usd$ thus no scuba diving, :( which was one of my main goals going on this trip. The beach had the nicest sand i have ever seen, unfortunately the sea weed washed ashore were not cleaned daily as one would expect, instead right in the middle of the beach in fron of the swimming pool a tracktor and trailer intended for cleanup has remained parked for most of day ?!? Only the next day did the cleaning crew actually removed some of the sea weeds, compared to Cayo Coco, Cuba there the beach was cleaned twice every day. The internet access was extremely expensive over 100$ for a week, that's 3 mnth worth of my home access, this is simply unacceptable especially since the wifi zone was limited to the lobby area and no where else. Thishotel and our trip to DR did not leave us with what we had expected, i may be biased towards Cuba, but i do not intend to ever come back here.

Final words, while the room were decent and fairly clean they are clearly very old and in need of some serious renovations. Overall the exterior hotel grounds were in a much better shape. This hotel may ahve one been a 5 star one, but definately not any more!

If you intend to visit this hotel, i stongly suggest you do not and instead try something else in the area.
As stated if the beach and weather would not have been nice, and had we not met some other wonderful guests from the Uk and, US & Canada this would have been the worst 1900$ we have ever spent on a vacation.
The DR Arrival and Departure at the PUJ AirPort were unplesant. Upon Arrival, we each had to pay a 10$ "welcome tax" this includes the baby that flew for free?!?the AirPort bathroom prior to reach the immigration gates had no place to do adiaper change! How is this possible in 2012? Upon Departure , the checkin with Sunwing Elite + was longer than the regular checkin and despite having the preselected seats and extra weight allowed (30kg instead of 20kg) i had to point them out to the 2 clueless check in personnel. On top of all the flight was delayed by over 1h45 minutes and despite asking the AirPort employees on what was the hold up we were kept in the dark. The monitors in the AirPort failed to display that most flight bound for the eastern coast of CdN and USA were delayed due to snow storms here. Once again DR failed.

Thank you for reading.
Please go elswhere on vacation especially if you have a young child with you.

Ady

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Ady M

Dear Guest: I appreciate the time dedicate for writing your experience at our hotel and I deeply regret that our property has not met yours expectations and that our services have not been commensurate with yours demands. I would like to emphasize that we have a team to maintain the cleanliness of our beach, the internet service is provided by an external company, the prices is US$ 25.00 per 24 hours during the week and our rooms need to be updated, but have optimal conditions of cleanliness and comfort. I apologize for any dissatisfaction and regret much that you do not want return to the Dominican Republic that is a country has much to offer to the travelers.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

To start off, the airplane was late for a few hours, so instead of getting there in the morning we got there late in the aftternoon. So none of the Hotel rep were waiting for us at the airport.

My room had a nice view, almost directly on the beach and it was the only room I saw with nice comfy bed...but no hot water = no hot showers in the morning. I had the only room with LCD tv but the cable cable was cut so no signal. After asking like 10x over the week, the hotel never did something about it and even told me during my check-out "Miss, why didnt you ask for it.." grrrrr oh I did!

The food was not good, everything taste weird and yes we end up spending Christmas at the hospital with my sister cause we were both sick from the food there. Everyone we talked with were sick too. I dont drink alcohol nor water there so I know that wasnt it. They play the same CD over and over everyday and every hour on the hour, after 7 days near the pool, you can go insane. Its worst at the restaurant, its the same song, one song, over and over!

Dont bring pesos, dont go to the ATM machine, they only take American dollar and guess what you cant get american dollar there. If your from Canada, do it here your money is better cause the canadian value out there is lower than American money. They dont give you change if your stuck with peso, seem like in RD, no one have RD money in their cash. The ATM gives only 1000 or 100$ bill, a pack of gum cost 12.. guess what you've just lost 75 pesos!
Yes things are cheaper there, but good luck to go "in their city". There is no touristic transport to bring you to their mall except for a cheap jewellery center for tourist. You have to take the taxi, everything is 20$ US and more one way.

Dont buy any activities from the guys on the beach or the hotel if its not directly from your travel agency... they will cancel your trip most of the time and youll have to run after them to get your money back.

Not all binders with your agency information (flight and check-out) are available at the hotel. Air Transat/Nolitour didnt know I was there. Usually, other trip I made they were there waiting for my and giving me infos. Not this time around.

We did get couple of days of rain, but that not their fault... but you can't walk somewhere under a roof or something for not getting wet if you want to eat and most roads were floaded so we walk barefoot.

Nice animals on the site but so many pigeons. Is that a good sign?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Katcho0
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest: I deeply regret that our hotel did not meet your high expectations and so sorry for your dissatisfaction. I just hope you can accept my apology for any inconvenience caused and hopefully give us a second chance to serve you.