“Beautiful Resort!”

Ranked #76 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful Resort!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this resort from December 25th 2012 to January 1st 2013. There was a group of 5 of us and we had a great time. The hotel grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. I am not entirely sure why people complain about the front desk, they were very efficient and helpful. They took care of any request we had in a timely fashion. The food is great..there were always plenty of options. The steakhouse a la carte is by far the best! Keep in mind, you are down south and you cannot expect to eat exactly like you do at home.The drinks are awesome! Make sure to try a white lady! The beach is very pretty and there are always plenty of lounge chairs available. There is a great deal of seaweed in the water that washes up onto the beach. However, there are people working hard all day long to try and keep it clean. The rooms are dated and could use a facelift. That being said, we were there for the beach and the sun therefore we did not spend much time in the room to begin with. One tip, request a room on the third floor as the ceilings are vaulted and it opens up the space quite a bit. The new years eve celebrations were fun! We loved the party on the beach and the fireworks at midnight.

Overall, the staff, resort and amenities are fantastic! We met some great people and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
19 Thank Marylynn25
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to enjoy Christmas and New Year. I am very pleased to know that your time with us has been great and that our services were satisfactory. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I cannot emphasize enough how very thankful I am to Blau Natura! My family and I were there for 2 weeks! We have 4 little ones and they were more than accomodating. They went above and beyond what I expected, giving us a suite for a family of six. Yes, some things need improving, but to me, it's the way we were treated and more than welcomed that would bring me back. The rooms are very clean, the pool and the beach are awesome. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this place is. If you go expecting a 5 star stay in EVERY aspect of your vacation, then pay for the 5 star plus treatment and go to bahamas or somewhere else! I have been to a 5 star in mexico and cuba....mexico was nice can't remember much about it I guess the people didn't make much of an impression....cuba, never again!! You can't compare cuba to anywhere else....the Blau made our stay wonderful because of it's dedicated personnel like Marino at reception; Sr. Luis at guest services; Jorge Baez, our favourite bartender; Manuel, Junior, Socrates, and Cesar at the main buffet; Francisco at the smoothie station along with Andrea at the omelette station. As well as Cristina Socias who made both arrangements for my hubby's bday and son's bday memmorable. The general manager took the time to listen to my suggestions. They take their work very seriously and do their very best to accommodate you. Our cleaning lady, Rocio was a sweetheart always giving 110%. The good overlooks the "improvements" it requires. I went there with an open mind and was surprised by the level of professionalism and dedication. These people work sooo hard, our xmas eve gala brought tears to my eyes. You could see how much time everyone spent decorating, cooking, carving fruit and making the place look immaculate for all of us to enjoy. This was my 2nd time in DR and am so happy we chose this resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone! But then again, if you want 5 star treatment and expectations, then pay for it. As for me, I thought I paid for a 3.5 and received a 4.5 reward. THANK YOU BLAU NATURA for everything you did for us! It's your people and high level of service we hold dear and will come back to.

Sandy DN
Ontario

• Stayed December 2012
15 Thank SandyDN
Dear Guest:

Really, it is a pleasure for me to read on Trip Advisor your kind words about the wonderful stay that you and your family had in our hotel and mostly I am very pleased to know that our resort exceeded all your expectations. I also thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and for recommending us. I just hope to give you welcome here in your second home, again.

BERLIN
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveled from 12/20 to 12/29 solo.
As others have written , the resort can use an update, but it was clean and the resort staff were outstanding!

The food in the buffet and the speciality restaurants was great. One can always find something to eat, and the late-night snack service at the beach from 10.00pm to 6:00am was a nice touch,serving burgers,dogs and fries.

The beach is the highlight of the resort. Yes,there is some seagrass, but they do a great job cleaning the beach,and there are ample chairs and shade areas. To the left of the resort you can walk it seems for miles on virgin beach .Totally beautiful!

There are at least 5 bars that I counted, 3 near the beach and pool, and 2 in the lobby areas.
My only complaint was the quality of the liquor. They serve a local brand from Santo Domingo called Royal.If your a hard-liquor drinker you may be disappointed.

Overall I would recommended Natura Park very highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
18 Thank RAY S
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your suggestions and thank you for recommending others on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and the service of our staff was exceptional. I would really like to visit us again someday in the future.

Best regards,
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Besides the beach and great weather, the hotel experience was pretty bad. The worst service was at the lobby. Bear in mind this is my first visit to DR and likely the last. Unlike any other place i have been on vacation before, namely Cuba, we were not greeted with refreshments at the hotel. Instead we had to wait in line with a 20 month old toddler for the slowest moving check in staff. We had to pay up fron 4$/ day for the "privilege" of using the safe in our room! Right there i realised the hotel was far from a 4 star as advertised. Once in our room, we found out that the was no baby crib despite making sure one had been requested by phone prior to departing from Canada when speaking with Sunwing. Immediately 2 other issues were identified 1) the toilet would not flush and 2) the phone in the room would not work (the telephone cable was connected to the phone's data port instead of the RJ11 port). Needless to say i had to walk back to the reception. After letting them of the toilet problem and missing crib i returned to the room so my gf and son would go eat. Throughout the stay the food was mediocre at best with a single exception, the sunday when the hotel boss came to visit, on that particular day the were easely 2x to 3x more food choices than usual. The one thing, that strikes us and most of the other guests was the lack of smiles from the staff, and the unequal service received. We also noticed that we never received the same number of towels in the room, and on 2 separate ocasions the "clean" towels were dirtier than the previous ones. Sometime you'd get good service but for the most part the servce was inferior to what i have experienced in 3 separate trips to Cuba, 2x as a couple and once as a family with a 9 month baby. I also found out the very hard way that at this hotel you can't exchange canadian $ for Usd$ thus no scuba diving, :( which was one of my main goals going on this trip. The beach had the nicest sand i have ever seen, unfortunately the sea weed washed ashore were not cleaned daily as one would expect, instead right in the middle of the beach in fron of the swimming pool a tracktor and trailer intended for cleanup has remained parked for most of day ?!? Only the next day did the cleaning crew actually removed some of the sea weeds, compared to Cayo Coco, Cuba there the beach was cleaned twice every day. The internet access was extremely expensive over 100$ for a week, that's 3 mnth worth of my home access, this is simply unacceptable especially since the wifi zone was limited to the lobby area and no where else. Thishotel and our trip to DR did not leave us with what we had expected, i may be biased towards Cuba, but i do not intend to ever come back here.

Final words, while the room were decent and fairly clean they are clearly very old and in need of some serious renovations. Overall the exterior hotel grounds were in a much better shape. This hotel may ahve one been a 5 star one, but definately not any more!

If you intend to visit this hotel, i stongly suggest you do not and instead try something else in the area.
As stated if the beach and weather would not have been nice, and had we not met some other wonderful guests from the Uk and, US & Canada this would have been the worst 1900$ we have ever spent on a vacation.
The DR Arrival and Departure at the PUJ AirPort were unplesant. Upon Arrival, we each had to pay a 10$ "welcome tax" this includes the baby that flew for free?!?the AirPort bathroom prior to reach the immigration gates had no place to do adiaper change! How is this possible in 2012? Upon Departure , the checkin with Sunwing Elite + was longer than the regular checkin and despite having the preselected seats and extra weight allowed (30kg instead of 20kg) i had to point them out to the 2 clueless check in personnel. On top of all the flight was delayed by over 1h45 minutes and despite asking the AirPort employees on what was the hold up we were kept in the dark. The monitors in the AirPort failed to display that most flight bound for the eastern coast of CdN and USA were delayed due to snow storms here. Once again DR failed.

Thank you for reading.
Please go elswhere on vacation especially if you have a young child with you.

Ady

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Ady M
Dear Guest: I appreciate the time dedicate for writing your experience at our hotel and I deeply regret that our property has not met yours expectations and that our services have not been commensurate with yours demands. I would like to emphasize that we have a team to maintain the cleanliness of our beach, the internet service is provided by an external company, the prices is US$ 25.00 per 24 hours during the week and our rooms need to be updated, but have optimal conditions of cleanliness and comfort. I apologize for any dissatisfaction and regret much that you do not want return to the Dominican Republic that is a country has much to offer to the travelers.

Best regards,

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

To start off, the airplane was late for a few hours, so instead of getting there in the morning we got there late in the aftternoon. So none of the Hotel rep were waiting for us at the airport.

My room had a nice view, almost directly on the beach and it was the only room I saw with nice comfy bed...but no hot water = no hot showers in the morning. I had the only room with LCD tv but the cable cable was cut so no signal. After asking like 10x over the week, the hotel never did something about it and even told me during my check-out "Miss, why didnt you ask for it.." grrrrr oh I did!

The food was not good, everything taste weird and yes we end up spending Christmas at the hospital with my sister cause we were both sick from the food there. Everyone we talked with were sick too. I dont drink alcohol nor water there so I know that wasnt it. They play the same CD over and over everyday and every hour on the hour, after 7 days near the pool, you can go insane. Its worst at the restaurant, its the same song, one song, over and over!

Dont bring pesos, dont go to the ATM machine, they only take American dollar and guess what you cant get american dollar there. If your from Canada, do it here your money is better cause the canadian value out there is lower than American money. They dont give you change if your stuck with peso, seem like in RD, no one have RD money in their cash. The ATM gives only 1000 or 100$ bill, a pack of gum cost 12.. guess what you've just lost 75 pesos!
Yes things are cheaper there, but good luck to go "in their city". There is no touristic transport to bring you to their mall except for a cheap jewellery center for tourist. You have to take the taxi, everything is 20$ US and more one way.

Dont buy any activities from the guys on the beach or the hotel if its not directly from your travel agency... they will cancel your trip most of the time and youll have to run after them to get your money back.

Not all binders with your agency information (flight and check-out) are available at the hotel. Air Transat/Nolitour didnt know I was there. Usually, other trip I made they were there waiting for my and giving me infos. Not this time around.

We did get couple of days of rain, but that not their fault... but you can't walk somewhere under a roof or something for not getting wet if you want to eat and most roads were floaded so we walk barefoot.

Nice animals on the site but so many pigeons. Is that a good sign?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katcho0
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest: I deeply regret that our hotel did not meet your high expectations and so sorry for your dissatisfaction. I just hope you can accept my apology for any inconvenience caused and hopefully give us a second chance to serve you.
Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband, 2 year old daughter, and I went to Blau for Christmas 2012 dec 24-31st. The beach is beautiful and the natural part of it is definitely the best part of the beach as you can walk for miles and still feel safe. It is just the other side of the resort. There is lots to watch during the day from the beach...boat activity, parasailing,snorkelling boats etc. I took the kayak out everyday and went out to the dolphins and the floating spa deck. It is quite a paddle but well worth it to get a free show of the dolphins!

My daughter loved feeding the fish around the resort which was one of our daily routines.

Considering what we paid over christmas I would not rate this place a 4 star more like a 3 star.

The rooms were a different story very moldy smelling and dated. The beds were very hard. The food was not very good. However we did like the omelettes and the fresh fruit smoothies for breakfast. The fish was also fresh which was nice at dinner time. The a la carts were not so great. We have been to a number of all inclusives and I would rate the food as one of the worst almost as bad as Cuban food.

The entertainment was great. The animation team always tried to get everyone involved even the children during the children's show every night at 8pm. During the day the child care was only for 4 and up not 2 and up like it said in their ads.
If you can go for less than a $1000 then it is well worth it. I wouldn't spend anymore than that for this resort. At the end of the day it's all about the beach and warm sunshine which is what we got everyday!

Room Tip: Apparently ocean view rooms were not as dated and nicer?
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sunshineabc
Dear Guest:

I offer my gratitude for sharing with us the experience of your stay at our resort and for having chosen to enjoy Christmas 2012. I'm glad to know that you and your family are delighted with our diverse wildlife and our natural environment. Also thank you for mentioning the outstanding work of our entertainment team and I apologize for any dissatisfaction with our rooms.

Warmest regards,
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 31, 2012

To put all my points together at the start, we loved it!

We arrived on December 23 and boarded a transfer bus to the resort. It is a relatively short 15 - 20 minutes drive and while waiting our turn to check in, were greeted with a very cool drink. Check in was courteous and efficient, I recommend renting the room safe (actually, you are issued the lock and key for $24.00 per week) so you don't have to worry about passports and other important documents. We were escorted to our room which was somewhat confusing. The resort is two main block which are interlocking squares. Walking through the resort involves a confusing series of turns to the right and then to the left, etc. After a few tries, we discovered that walking through the very well kept grounds and learning which patio your room is located is much more efficient.

The room was quite spacious with two beds, a couch, full closet and large bathroom. There is a tv with a very good selection of channels in many languages. However, there was no remote. Apparently, it should have been issued at checkin but wasn't. Very minor problem as we weren't really interested in tv. Water from the taps is not drinkable but they provide two large bottles of water. Additionally, there is a mini fridge which has two bottles of pepsi and two beers which are replaced at no charge.

For dinner, you have a choice of the main buffet which is very, very good. There is a main meat course, a pasta bar, salads, fruits, a fish grill, and a wide variety of hot dishes. There were at least three theme nights (Dominican, Asian and Mexican) while we were there which, of course, does not include the spectacular Christmas Eve Buffet. There is something for every appetite. Additionally, there are three ala carte restaurants for which reservations are required. We ate at the seafood and steak restaurants and were going to eat at the Italian but changed our minds due to the Dominican theme night. The staff are very courteous and most speak at least four languages. Wine and other drinks are available.

For lunch, there is the main buffet and a poolside buffet (there is a grill outside of this where you can get a burger or hot dog if you want).

Breakfast is in the main dining room and there are so many choices it boggles the mind. You can have omelets made to order or fried eggs. There is french toast, pancakes, cereals, fruit, juices and coffee plus a wide selection of various types of bread.

The pool is great (although I couldn't believe the number of people complaining that it was cold. Canada is cold, the pool was not). There is a nice kiddie pool, a sort of hot tub and good swimming area plus the absolutely wonderful swim up bar.

Ah, but the beach! This was the best beach I have ever been on! Soft white sand, warm breeze and warm water. Lots and lots of beach chairs and a lot of trees if you don't want to be in the direct sun for too long. There is some sort of sea weed which drifts in all the time but there is a crew that rakes and removes this on a regular basis. There are two roped of swim areas and an area for boating, etc.

The animacion team was a lot of fun. They were very good at getting people involved in all sorts of fun things like mini golf, archery, dancing, beer drinking (dumbest thing I did in over 27 years and I came in 2nd!). For the winners, you are called up prior to the evening show, presented a certificate of accomplishment and a small bottle of rum while the audience waves to "We Are the Champions".

Each evening there is a show which we really enjoyed. On some nights there was a theme and a very well choreographed routine. Other nights, it was all audience participation. Prior to the main show, there is a kiddie program which is somewhat repetative but the kids seemed to be having a lot of fun. The show runs from about 9:15 to 10:30 but you should show up early to get decent seats.

Of course, no discussion of an all inclusive would be complete without mentioning the bar. There is a main bar, a bar in the show room, a bar near the pool, a bar in the pool, at least one bar on the beach. They serve domestic brands and glasses are more generous than I have seen at other resorts. Of course, you still had a lot of people toting and refilling their big gulp cups though I never saw anyone really tieing one on.

This resort is quite family oriented and no one, whether elderly, couples or families seemed unhappy. Nights after the show was generally quite quiet although I'd really like to hurt whoever insisted on playing the trumpet late one night when I was really tired.

There is a computer room available and you can book 15 minutes for $3.00 which is quite reasonable. However, the connection speed is quite slow. You can also book wi-fi but I have no idea how much it cost but based on the amount of people on computers, I guess it was worth it.

There is a fairly good store for souveniors, shirts, cigars, booze, etc. However, some items are very expensive (sunscreen at $20.00 per bottle) so make sure you stock up before you leave.

There is no doubt that we would go back again if we were to go to the Dominican Republic. I would have no hesitation recommending the place to anyone.

Room Tip: Learn to locate your room from the walkways instead of roaming the halls. If you are going to tip th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Catbertwpg
Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure for me to know that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and that our resort and services exceed your expectations. Also I appreciate you sharing your pleasant experience with others on Trip Advisor. Thank you for choosing Natura Park and will look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Very cordially,