“Love Natura Park” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
London, ON
“Love Natura Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were a group of 5 staying the week of April 25 to May 2. Two teenage girls and three adults. All of us loved the resort.

Rooms:
Were large, clean, very basic. We were in patio III and it was right in the middle of everything so no longs walks to eat or go to the pool and beach. Location was perfect. Be aware that the electrical in the room is all 220v except for one plug in in the washroom, I learned this lesson the hard way. :) Bring pillows if you like big ones, the pillows provided are small and not of good quality. Beds were okay, not uncomfortable but not too comfortable either. If you are a light sleeper ask for rooms further away from the stage area as it gets very loud.

Food:
There was always a large selection of food at the buffets and it was of good quality. I am a vegetarian and always had lots to chose from. The Italian and Steakhouse a la cartes were very nice, we did not do the Seafood one. On the beach there were hamburger and hotdogs that the others in my group really enjoyed.

Bars:
Lots of selections of drinks, never ran out of anything we asked for. Beer was cold and they didn't mind filling our large mugs from home.

Pool:
Was very clean until the locals came for the weekend. They seemed to think throwing full drinks into the pool so they could use the cups to whip at people was a good idea. Parents had to take their kids out of the pool to avoid them being hit. There were literally hundreds of cups being tossed around, broken pieces in the bottom of the pool that were quite sore to step on. I'm unsure why the staff did not say anything to the people throwing drinks into the pool, they sure did earlier in the week before the locals came. Lots of kids tossed into the pool with water wings on and that was their babysitter. I guess I am just not used to that type of parenting.

Beach:
Was beautiful. Yes there is seaweed, this happens in the ocean. Sand was beautiful and we were never harassed.

Staff:
There were a few staff members who made this trip for us. First and foremost is Elvin from the entertainment crew. He was hands down the best person we met there, always had a smile and always said hello and included us in the games and dancing. Elvin is an amazing person, very kind, funny and is a wonderful addition to the Natura Staff. Francisco the DJ was also awesome. Francisco the bartender was also awesome, he poured drinks and kept everyone happy even with big crowds at his bar. Also Jorge the bartender, he was so much fun and kept me with daquiris with vodka, not rum! :) Anna from the entertainment crew was a beautiful young lady, always smiling and dancing. Spaghetti also kept us laughing and dancing. All of the entertainment crew was amazing but in our opinion Elvin was the best! Shout out to him! the staff at the buffets were also good, I did not get to know them well unfortunately as we always sat in a different part of the buffet. Staff were also excellent at the a la cartes.

Grounds:
Beautiful. The wild life is amazing here. Watch the birds putting bread out so they can trick the fish, it is very funny. Under the bridge going into the resort there is a pond full of turtles, take some bread and feed them, there are so many turtles it is amazing to see.

Overall:
If it hadn't been for the locals going into the resort and being treated with a different set of rules I'd give this place 5 stars, unfortunately the two days they were there it was impossible to be in the pool as they overtook it with their throwing the cups game. Seeing them throw whole drinks into the pool so they could have another cup disgusted me as it is wasteful but also not sanitary. I also found it difficult to watch kids as young as 2 being thrown into the pool with waterwings on and not supervised by their parents. Not being able to use the pool for two days because one group over ran it and had no respect for anyone else was disappointing. I likely would not return to this resort because they allowed it to happen. All week they were asking people to stay at the pool bar with their drinks but they never tried to stop this from happening. Two different sets of rules depending on who you are is not right, we all paid to be there. The food, staff, rooms, cleanliness were all wonderful. As a word of warning, if you are a non smoker you will find it difficult to avoid smokers. Even in areas designated non smoking people smoked and no one on staff asked them to stop. When approached by other guests they just laughed as if it was a big joke. The resort is only 20 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Laurie3950
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

Please, accept my apologies for any disagreement you had with situations that happened during your stay. Also, I regret that it has not been properly supervised by the staff. I am pleased to hear that the entire group was loved and happy with our resort. I understand that there were some incidentals that affected your decision not return, but I would like that you reconsider it and give to us the opportunity to have to you as repeater guest. I can guarantee that we do not allow it discomfort in the future.

Very cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Elmsdale, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I left on April 17, 2012 for this resort. It was our first vacation without kids in 23 years of marriage.

When we arrived at the resort about 10:30 DR time. I was very surprised when they said we were lucky and that our room was ready. Anytime I've went to other resorts I had to wait til after 3pm to get my room. They asked us if we wanted a bellboy to take our bags and we said yes. We waited for a bit and then decided to take our bags ourself. When we left the lobby we had to carry our bags down about 20 or more steps...no elevator!! When we got to our room and opened the door, it smelt very musty!! We then noticed also that we had 2 single beds!!
Back we go to the lobby to see if we could get a room with a double bed!! He seemed upset with us and told us that we would have to put our names on a list to get a room with a double bed and that we'd have to check back the next day!! Even though we had just checked in like 20 minutes ago!! We did add our name to the list...but then I decided not to change rooms!! I decided my review of this resort would be made on first impressions!!! First impressions are everything to me!!!

Now for starters...if a couple is booking at your resort...you should NOT put them in a room with 2 single beds!!! Altough the room was clean it smelt very musty and really needed some updating!! The hair dryer was ancient, we didn't have a iron or ironing board in our room and the doors on the closet and bathroom were broken!! Our fridge didn't start working until hubby pulled out the dresser and turned it up!! The bed was hard as a rock!! Also we didn't have a facecloth in our room from day 1 and by the time we left we were down to 2 bath towels...the maids would take them and not replace them!!

We were told by Sunwing rep on Facebook that there was internet in all the rooms...there is not..it's only in the lobby area!! This is not the resorts fault but the guy selling the internet was very rude and needs some courses in customer service!!

The grounds were kept beautiful!!

The food was OK at the La Cana buffet restaurant, but the La Gondola ala carte resturant was horrible!! We waited an hour to get our food and it was all cold and the pasta doughy on the inside!! We got up and left and went to the buffet!! I have never got up and walked out of a resturant like that before in my life!!

The beach was OK...a lot of seaweed!!

Would we go back to this resort...not likely!! First impressions are EVERYTHING!!

Room Tip: We had room 1109
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VJPHalifax
Dear Guest:

I would like to apologies for any discontent and dissatisfaction that you have had our resort at the arrival. I really regret that you had not assigned a room with double bed, but I like to indicate that is possible specify the room type with the reservation. Thanks to emphasize our good points, if you someday can change your impressions about our resort, I will be very glad to offer specials courtesies.

Best regards,
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I had an eventful trip. We booked 4 days before we left but had an amazing time. The grounds were stunning. Wildlife, trees, flowers.... and the BEACH.... the water was so beautiful, always seat available on the beach....

The resort was always clean. Which surprised me with all the birds around... Our room was always kept in tip top shape.... The maid staff is AWESOME... tip them well and if you can at the end of your stay leave your shampoo, tooth paste etc for the maid staff... this helps them a lot...

The Drinks.... Service again was always fast, and friendly. However couple days into the trip we couldnt handle anymore mixed drinks as the pop did not taste right and the juice was overly sugary.... BEER was SOOOOOO Good. and I mainly stuck to that and loved it...

The Animation Staff..... FANTASTIC... events all day long to win awards..... Waterpolo and volleyball everyday, drinking contest, dance lessons, arm wrestling, frisbee toss, etc etc etc.... The team is entertaining and really becomes a part of your trip... The girls are beautiful, the guys are funny, and they all put on a great show together...At night they host the entertainment and the dancing is always amazing, "spagetti" as they call him is an amazing MC and really gets the crowd going, huge sweetheart as well... Entertainment and Bars do close early but they usually have something going on close by....

As I now see other people have posted, local vendors come in on thursday nights.... if you plan on buying stuff to bring home, do it on thursday night.... I landed in Punta Cana at 3pm Thursday so when we saw all the vendors we didn't know it was a one day thing and did not buy that night.... biggest mistake of the trip...

What made my trip eventful was my friend I went down there with ended up getting a horrible sun burn on our 2nd day there and was unable to leave the room for a few days.... This didn't ruin my trip at all for a few reasons.... The staff was amazing, left flowers in our room as a get well for my friend... so sweet... and the people staying at the resort were amazing... We actually met a few people we are now planning an other trip with... The servers were so much fun, always on top of things.... But mainly it was the Animation Staff that made our trip.... I hope that the next time I return I will see all the same people... Spagetti, Donald, Elvin, Jess, Anna and all the rest.... They really made the trip so much fun.... The only regret I have is not spending much time with them at the start of our trip....

Room Tip: OUR AC didn't work.... we didn't report it... found out afterward they would have changed ou...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah N
Dear Guest:

I have read the loved words that you have wrote on Trip Advisor and I am very happy to know that you had an amazing experience with us, that all our service were satisfactory, in especially the animation team that was fantastic. Thanks to mention the more highlights. I also, hope that you come back soon, again.

Cordially,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Although a little outdated, the grounds were beautiful. Beach was very nice and felt natural, not overly manicured. Food was to be expected of an all inclusive resort. Biggest downfall were the alcoholic drinks. No top shelf liquor. Only Pepsi and 7up on tap, no coke. Terrible house liquor but we still managed to have a good time. Not overly gay friendly, but not rude to a lesbian couple. We saw several other gay couples as well. One of the highlights was that it is a small resort. Beaches and 1 pool not overly crowded. As long as you don't expect a 4-5 star resort, you will enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Kayakingfools
Dear Guest:

All couples are welcome to Natura Park, I am glad to know that you and your couple enjoy the beauty of the grounds, the beach and natural environment. Thanks for emphasize our good aspects. I hope have another opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My children, my parents in law and myself have just returned from Natura Park on thursday April 26th and just like last year we have a fantastic time and love the resort as much as last year! We were happy to see alot of the same staff especailly the animation staff who are always wonderful! Donkey has always been my favorite and ihave to say Elvin is just as great and my son thought he was the best calling him his best friend :) . This year we did the Mega Trucks Country Adventure and had had Ruddy as our tour guide, THE BEST TOUR GUIDE EVER!!!! He knows sooo much about his beautiful country and has tought us so much that day, and it makes you appreciate life so much more>>> thanks Ruddy we had a blast :) my kids have been telling their friends so much about it. I would deffently recomend anyone to take this excursion and if you get Ruddy, say hi from Amy :) he will know who ur talking about........ Again we had such a fantastic time in the beAUTIFUL DR and i cant wait to return for my 4th time

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy C
Dear Guest:

Would be a great pleasure have to you the next year here for 4 time. Thank you to choose our hotel one more time and I am really pleasant to hear that you and all your family had a fantastic and gorgeous stay with us. Also, thanks for mentioning the staff that made your experience more pleasurable, especially Donkey.

Best wishes
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Here is the breakdown of this Resort. Overall I would give it 8 out of 10. I think it was slightly overpriced but you definitely won’t regret the trip if you booked it and are unsure of what is in store...

Food – the buffet was great, and the 3 restaurants you can choose are excellent. Variety was a bit lacking towards the end of the trip but that’s pretty much the same at any resort.

Beach- sometimes quite a bit of seaweed, if you are fussy this would be a problem but for the most part this was never really a problem for us.

Room – very clean, our floor was actually mopped twice throughout our stay and our mini-bar was regularly stocked (be sure to tip your maid)

Service – overall excellent, most of the staff were very helpful. An example is the buffet, they are always there to take your plates away or offer some beverage.

Pool – clean, never seemed to be too crowded or busy by the swim out bar which is awesome and they have another bar on top of the swim out bar so you can always get out of the pool and go upstairs if you really need to.

Bars – selection was good, the bartenders knew how to make all the drinks we requested as well, though be careful, the rum based drinks are very very strong

Nightly Entertainment –mediocre, half the shows were lots of fun throughout the week and about half of them were boring or not really entertaining.

Activities / Events – always something going on if you feel the need to get off your butt and do something active (soccer, beach volleyball etc)

Excursions – they had a wide selection, but we didn’t go on any they were just priced way too high. They do have a bus that takes you to a shopping centre, not bad there sort of like a mall.

THE GOOD

Distance to Airport – 20 minutes which is amazing, I personally hate being on a bus longer than 30 minutes trying to get to your resort, though obviously this has nothing to do with the resort itself but a bonus.

Natural wildlife – this was neat, there were Flamingos, Peacocks, fish, and a host of other wild animals that are on the resort which make for great photo opportunities and adds to the aura of the place.

THE BAD

Food – sometimes the food was cold, not sure why because it’s all usually in a heated serving tray but alas it would be cold now and then

Light – for some reason the place is very dark, the main lobby, the rooms etc. After a day or two you get used to it but it would be great if they could make the place a lot brighter during the evening.

TIPS
-Wait to buy any souvenirs until after Thursday if you can. During this day they have many vendors come in at the resort and you can barter with them instead of at the gift store. Just be warned they are VERY determined to make a sale and will chase you to look at their merchandise

-The salmon at the seafood restaurant was amazing, order it and you will not be disappointed

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gavimus
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for the review wrote on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that the buffet and the 3 a la carte restaurants were excellent, the room comfortable, the selection at the bars was good and the staff services were great. Also I appreciate your tips and hope that you provide to us another opportunity to attend in the future.

Cordially,
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I spent a very relaxing and fantastic time in this resort with my husband and my parents. It was our first trip to this country. I was a little bit afraid based on negative comments read here about the hotel how it will turn out. I was a bit more relaxed when I saw that the rank of the hotel increased from 50# to 48# place during two weeks!

Hotel / Rooms
The hotel itself is very charming with its pros and cons. Somewhere I read that this was the first hotel on this beach so the style is more likely local than modern. But I think it is great. The lobby and the restaurants are like big huts covered with leaves. The buildings are from concrete painted to pink but it looks ok and mostly they have two floors, those which are located near to the sea have only one floor.
It is very useful that you can reach the main restaurant without being wet in the rain because the buildings are connected to each other. How a good idea!
The rooms are very clear but the furnishing is quite old. If you used a little bit harder matress you will have a good sleep. I do so I well relaxed.
We had a room next to the flamingo pond on the second floor and it was very quiet and good. We had a very big balcony.
My parents had a room on the basement floor and it had a very bad smell at the beginning but it got better after some ventillation.
The furniture of the different rooms are the same, but I would recommend - if possible - to go for the rooms on the higher floors.
If you want quiter rooms I think the middle of the hotel is the best, or near to the beach. Usually the life is in the main building so it is a bit noisy around it.
The bathroom and the toilet has sliding doors, so these do not give so much privacy, be prepared that you will got to know your partner better after this trip :)
If you recognise that your air condition does not work try to hit the right corner of the patio door because it has a sensor and the air con only works when the door is fully closed. You also have an air ventillator in the room.
The rooms were very clean and I did not find any bugs in the room, which is very rare in the tropical region.
Other furnitures in the rooms are very basic, but if you are such a nice place I think you are better to stay on the beach and use your room only for sleeping. The TV is really old and mostly Spanish channels.
GIRLS, bring your own hair dryer as the wind blows better than the hair dryer in the bathroom.

Environment
The garden and the whole environment is fantastic. You will always find birds around to be amaized and wonder. Do not forget to look up to the trees as you can find more birds there as well. The gardeners do a fantastic job as the garden always clean and manicured. The trees are a big and everything is very natural.

The food is good and plentyful. I think the pickiest ones has to find something to eat as well. My parents are very conservative europeans but they always were able to find something for themselves.
Breakfast: every morning the same, it includes english breakfast and american style ones, hot and cold foods, marmalades and fruits. There are some muslis as well but I think not the healthy types so I would recommend to increase this types of food for a little bit greater selection. There is also a smoothie bar, which is good.
Lunch: we eat our lunch mainly in the restaurant on the beach. The food was nearly the same every time with a bit difference every day. Here you can eat salads, you can choose from 3 types of pastas, there is always chicken / beef / fish food, plenty of sweets and fruits, a nachos bar and one type of soup. There is also a hamburger and hot-dog hut on the beach, where I think the hamburger is better than the hot-dog and you can fill it with salads from the buffet when it is open.
Dinner: There are usually different nights arranged in the main restaurant for dinner but it does not really mean different types of food. Usually 3-4 types of the food changes during these evenings. The meals are repetitive a bit but try them randomly every night something else. I would not really highlight any from the themed nights as they were not so special.
We booked all the three restaurants at our arrival and my recommendation list is the following:
1) Steakhouse: very good food, I ate a hamburger menu and it was huge and better than on the beach, my husband ate an angus steak - it was good but nobody asked us how we would like to be it prepared, so we get what we got. All the other foods also was good including the starters and the desserts.
2) Seafood restaurant: I heard a lot negative comment about it here, but I think it was a good average. The salmon was great but the others were also good. You can order langusta for an extra 30 USD, but you can eat baby langusta in the italian restaurant for free as well.
3) Italian restaurant: the worst from all. The starters are perfect, but afterwards are not. I think you can eat better pasta in the main buffet. The dessert are ok.
I would recommend you to make reservation to the restaurants because you can spend lovely time without a crowd of people and can relax a bit.
If you love pineapple as I do, eat as much as you want as it is always in the buffet and it is always fantastic!

Beach
I think this hotel has the best beach on the Cabeza de Toro beach. We walked to left and right from the hotel.
Right side: there are 4 other hotels and if you a big fun of weddings, you can always see 2 or 3 on the beach of the next hotel. You can walk up until a fence without meeting any locals and after that a little fishing village will come. There are lot of locals but they did not hassled us and we were able to go further. The beach there was not beautiful at all so we returned.
Left side: Do not miss it! You will find beautiful beaches and crystal clear warm water there. It is really safe as lot of tourist walks there. We went very far, almost walking 1.5 hour to reach the first hotel on the Bavaro beach. It was safe as well, lot of people think that the beach ends when they reach the rocky part but there is a big path a few steps above, which leads to the Seaquarium and than to Bavaro beach. This beach also very beautiful.
We always had a chance to find chairs on the beach in the shade, we mostly used the left side of the beach, where were less weed in the water. But if you would like to find your perfect place wake up early and go to the beach around 6:30. But we also see free chairs during the day as well. The amount of weeds in the water always change, it depends on the weather condition and from where the wind blows. But if it is not good for you, you can always find beautiful clear water on the left side a few steps away. There is a cordon in the beach, behind it is not really adviseable to swim as the water traffic is very big and they not really consider the swimmers outside.
Right side of the hotel beach is a little bit noisier as the animators do the program on that side.
If you do not sit near to the sea no sellers will disturb you at all.
We did not try the swimming pool at all.

Drinks
We tried out every bar, except in the swimming pool. They were ok, but the one on the left side on the beach was always smelly. Except those times, when the girl was the bartender, thanks for her.

Facilities on the beach
You can rent a catamaran but the insurance is 6 USD each time and you have to reserve it one day before. There are sellers for different types of safaries as well, we did not buy anything.
The beach chairs are a bit outdated and weared. There is only one toilet on the beach on the right side. The entrance of the toilet looks nice, but the toilets itself shows that a lot of people use them.

Entertainment
Every evening there is a show, we saw the Michael Jackson and the Dominican Night. They were ok. There is a free transportation to a disco if you would like to go as the hotel does not have it. If you would like to go to a casino they have a free transportation there as well anytime between 10 am - 4 am. If you would like to go to shopping there is also a free transportation 5 times a day to a shopping centre.
The hotel provides a souvenir shop as well, be careful and look at the bill, we were overcharged once, but received back the money when we pointed it out.

Staff
Everybody is very friendly, the waiters can smile more.

Other
If you would like to go for a little walk, you can go outside of the main entrance. After 200 m from the main entrance you can find the entrance of the Bavaro Lagoon Park, which is a big pond with birds.
With a 30 minutes walk you can reach a little shopping village to look for souveniers.

Do not forget
Bring sunscream as the sun is very strong and also some mosquito repellents as though the hotel sprays them in the garden, there are some. Hats to avoid sun, sun glasses and bring lot of fun:)

Overall
I would recommend this hotel to everyone, who loves smaller hotels with fewer people. Who loves nature and wandering along the beach. We had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Near to the flaming pond as this is the quitest part in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank bambooo11
Dear Guest:

It is for me fascinating have the honor to read your detailed report concerning at the extraordinary time that you and yours parents spent in our Hotel. Thank you for the time dedicated, for the kind words and for recommending to others travelers. Also, I am very happy to know that our resort exceeds your expectations, that our services were satisfactory and the staffs were friendly and hospitality. Just, I would like that you come back someday in the future.

Best regards,