“Theft in Paradise”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Overall decent resort with pleasant surroundings. Couldn't help but commend the manicured grounds and gardens. Gorgeous beach. Sea weeds are annoying and persistent problem but are cleaned daily.
Food at the best is boring and bland. I guess the management is bent on discouraging over-eating in the all-inclusive environment. To my surprise they serve decent rum (Barcelo) in the bars, unlike many other resorts who serve cheap stuff.

Within the first 4 hours of our stay we got robbed of our pocket cash we didn't care to remove from our luggage - about $100. Reported to the security. They took the pictures of our room and our luggage (?) and assured that the highest management will be notified within 24 hrs. Needless to say that, as typical of the Caribbean sloppiness, nothing followed not even within the next 7 days!!! Every time the security boss would accidentally see me, he would avoid an eye contact. I decided not spoil my vacation for that amount of money and to forget about it.
At the end of our vacation, however, we learned that at least three (3) more individuals from our intake got robbed of ALL their cash!!! There is serious problem there, guys. Management, of course, doesn't give a **** about it. But sooner or later it will bite them in their arses. They just quietly laugh at it, write template apologies on the Trip Advisor and that's it. In order to cover their backs they introduced a rapacious fee for the room safe (in "all-inclusive resort"?) so that people mostly will wave that and they will make you to sign a waiver form so you don't have any claims against them. What a shame, because the resort is really beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view if you care for quite nights. My room was 1355 in the block 4. Gorgeous!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Arthur_Hanshyn
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest: I sincerely regret the incident that you had at our hotel. Perhaps, my apologies are not important for you; however as General Manager of this hotel I feel the responsibility to do. Thank you very much for mentioning the beauty of our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,395)

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We've just return from our honeymoon and all i can say that is extraordinary!Is kind of resort for couples and family,litle,nice,intimate,no airs and graces,with lot of plants and trees,thousands of fish in the lake,birds and animals(very "hungry",they "beg" you every time to feed them with bred,which is a delight).There are 2 restaorants(one for breakfast and dinner and one for lunch),fhe food is very good and diversified and don't bother to go to a la carte becouse is not special and the wines are not goog and for the lobster you have to pay 30 dolars.
We had a very nice room with a large balcon to the garden(is better than near the sea,because is noise from the pool and restaorant),an we have found a bottle of rom and fruits in our first day(leave one dolar every day on the bed and you'll find flours and other surprise in the room).Louis from the front desk is very nice(hallo Louis) and you can go to him to rent a car if you want(we took a Nissan for 90 dolars and we went to Higuay,a city at 60 km,and you can stop to a cigar factory near Higuay,look for the owner and nwgociate cigars from 5 dolars to 3).Sounly from the restaorant is also very nice,always says "hallo" with a big smile,and if you want to drink something specially,go to Merenghito bar,near the restaorant,to Rafael(he works only between 10 and 15) and ask for Mamahuana and Es Smerling(his cocktail).
If you want to make some trips,go to Saona because is very nice but don't buy trips from the operator or other places,buy only from Louis(another Louis).You can find him in the resort near a bridge over the lake or on the beach(is short and wear a yellow shirt with "Manati Park").He give you the best prices,is reliable and friendly(tour operator ask you between 90 to 110 dolars,and we paid at Louis 60 dolars).Actually all the employes from the resort are friendly and they always sing!
If you want to buy gifts for home,you can buy from the bazar,near the resort(10 minutes walking),but be carefull and negociate prices (for one box of cigares pay 20 dolars but they will ask you 125 for begining) and jewelry can buy from Gabriel "Cheapy-Cheap"(he is walking on the beach every day and yeal "cheapy-cheap",but when he ask you a price,divide it at 4 or 5).
If you want to make scubadiving,at the end of the beach you'll find Manuel"El Capitan" with his little boat.He's very nice and funny and he'll rent the boat for 50 dolars(we were 4 person).
But...just go there,you'll love it!Thank you fot all Natura Park!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank AndreeaIsopescu
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much to publish the comments concerning at your honeymoon in Natura Park on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to read it and know that your time here was exceptional. Also, I am very grateful to you for mentioning the employees that have offered a special service and attentions. I would like that you come back again someday in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Most of this place is average or above average and very adequate. Some of this place is very pretty and the beach and water are pretty good. Nothing to complain about there.

However, one day I was very sick when I was off the resort and I got dropped off at lobby. While I sat down my girlfriend went to the front desk to ask for a wheel chair so I could get back to my room. Guess what? They say they don't have a single wheel chair on the resort. How can that be? So anyway, I had to wait over 10 minutes for a worker to come in a golf cart to bring me back to my room.

Oh and the nurse or doctor, whatever she was, who is supposed to be on the resort at all times, was unreachable for over an hour. They kept calling her room and her cell and no response.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rhymobot

Dear Guest:

I would like offer my sincerely apologize for any discontent and disagreement with the services of our resort. The medical center is a private service and have a doctor available 24 hours at the hotel, also rent the wheel chair per day with a deposit. Thank you very much to mention that our beach and facilities are adequate and beautiful.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I'v just come back from this hotel one week ago ,the hotel is nice but a 5 star hotel , the rooms more like a 2-3 star hotel , the inside garden of the hotel is the best thing there ! And by the way for the manager ...what's up with the bathroom door ,does are not doors ....! The pool si very small but is not a problem because U have the beautifoul beach and ocean right near de pool ! The food is very good , they to mexican ,chainise, italian,dominican nights ! They have only 2 restaurants , and they are working at the 3 ! The witress Angelica ftom the bar was very nice , we liked har a lot !!!

Room Tip: tell them U are in your hony moon
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

I am very delighted to read the feedback that you wrote on Trip Advisor. It is for me great pleasure to know that you had a fantastic week in our hotel and that have enjoyed our lovely beach and the food was good. I will be waiting your visit again.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

This was my first time in the Deminicon Republic, and I personally loved the experience!

ROOMS
We just had a standard room by the flamingos (specfically requested), and it was perfect. It was always clean and it had a powerful air conditioner. Despite what other reviews may suggest, neither the flamingos nor the workers ever woke us up. It was nice and quiet (not that I would mind being woken up early for flamingos- we are on vacation...). We only had a slight problem with the lights on the first night, as we could not figure out how to use them. However, we were immediately assisted (you had to use a card). Also, we did not find out about the fridge until our last day, as it had a door in front of it. The fridge did contain cold bottled drinks like water and pop.

LOCATION
The wildlife surrounding the hotel was amazing! We spent a lot of time feeding the fish and the birds with the delicious buns at the buffet. There was a wide variety of birds including peacocks, ducks, and flamingos. If you are patient enough you can feed the flamingos from your hand. This is an experience in itself! The beach was beautiful and was always clean with plenty of chairs. The hotel is also within walking distance of a local market. There are different vendors selling souveners. The local salesmen are rather pushy, and you have to make sure to barter with them.

FOOD
The food was delicious! The locations included the buffet, and the a la carte restaurants that you needed to reserve (seafood, italien, and steak). There was a wide variety of food at the buffet, and in the morning you can choose the ingredients for a smoothie. These were exceptionnel, and I had one everyday. My favourite restaurant was the seafood, but we never went to the steak one as we thought we could have that anytime and we loved the other two. My favourite meal at the seafood was the wild snapper marinated in coconet sauce with fried bananas. Within a week, we achieved 4 reservations.

DRINKS
The bars were great! Although I am too young for the acholic beverages, I still had plenty to choose from that were non-acholic. My favourite were a pineapple, banana one and some flower one. The service was fast was friendly.

SPA
I did not personally go, however, I did pay for my mother to enjoy some chocolate special. For $77 US, you got time in the sauna, jacuzzi, a body exfoliation, 15 mins. chocolate body wrap, and a 25 mins. massage. She throughly enjoyed this, and the place was very clean.

ENTERTAINMENT/ ACTIVITIES
At night, there was always something for the kids (a movie, game), and then some type of show. There was a game room open until 10 with ping pong and board games.
During the day there were specific activities/games being hosted by the employees that sounded really fun. One particular employee was their main entertainer, Romeo. This guy really knew how to include everyone and get them to have a good time.
It was here where I also started playing tennis. Walter gave us some private lessons for just $10. He was really friendly and a great instructor. It was too bad that we did not find the courts sooner into our stay.

Most of our time however, was spent on excursions through Punta Cana. We enjoyed the Country Adventure (showed us the lives of a deminicon apparently), swam with the sharks and stingrays (some guy held the stingray, we touched it), snorkled, went parasailing, and went horseback riding for two hours one morning. These were all great experiences, as they were the first. Everyone was really kind and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank The2dotter

Dear Guest:

I am very grateful the time dedicated to write the comments of your experience in our resort on Trip Advisor. It is for me a great satisfaction to know that we have meet your expectations and that you have left our resort completely pleased with our services, facilities, activities; also that our wildlife and natural environment have been of your delight. I will be happy to give you welcome to Natura Park Resort, again.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I share the comments of most other travellers with respect to the room discomfort, poor air conditioning and small TV. I was on a ground floor room and the door is an od key lock system that has to be turned just right to lock the door, and the patio door had an easily forced button lock...it is no wonder they wish you to pay for a safe key and make you sign for not taking the lock...obviously negating their responsibility.
On arrival by private vehicle from La Romana, the security at the gate house refused our entry until I was able to produce an email from my travel agent with a confirmation number. He was very rude and insisted on seeing a coupon. I asked him to call the front desk and he eventually allowed us through. The desk clerk Karla did not apear to want to register my complaint about Valentins rudeness. Remains to be seen if anything was done.
The grounds are not impeccable as stated by others. The pond waters are dirty and covered with algae. The wondering wildlife (ducks, geese) wander on the property and defecate on the sidewalks.
The bar service at the pool was only acessible from inside the pool, so if you didn't want to get wet you had to go to the loobby bar. Only Dominican alcohols, no Scotch available, even at a premium. Buffet was adequate but the "vino tinto" was terrible.
Major construction of the steakhouse was taking place so much chain saw noise during day, and painting was taking place in the one gift store which remained open. The fumes were noxious and some staff had masks on while customers were still allowed in the area. No concerns for health and safety.
Internet is $15 a day.
There are many better properties in Punta Cana. This Blau resort, like many I have stayed at in Cuba is stuck in a time warp. I f you like 1970 - it is the place for you.

Room Tip: All are the same. Take second floor for room safety issues.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank ScoutW
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Guest:

I would like to offer my sincerely apologies for any discontent and dissatisfaction that you have had during your time here. I regret that our resort did not have met the conditions require for you. We are working each day to improve the infrastructure, services and others aspects of the resort. Your comments are appreciated and value.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have read all the reviews before we booked our trip on Sept 10, 2011, there are some good comments and there are some negative ones too. A bit in doubt however things turn well and we enjoyed our vacation. We travelled as a family with my 3 adult daughters and my girls enjoyed it too. I have pre-booked 2 trips, the Saona Island and the day trip to Sto Domingo, and was very thankful I did it ahead of time rather than booking it with the Sunwing Representative. The Saona Island to relax and they served you food and flowing drinks at the boat and up to the island. The Sto Domingo is a nice trip too, to know more of the Dominican Republic history, but it's a 3 hour bus ride so your whole day is gone, we left at 7am and return back before 7pm . Our room (2 rooms adjacent) is located overlooking the beach, with a nice wooden balcony. The food is very good, from both buffet restaurants, and the ala carte, Media Luna and the Gondola, they served good food. Our room refrigerator is re-filled with water, beer and softdrinks everyday . The entertainment everyday is good too from day to evening, they have activities to get you busy, from aerobics, stretching, line dancing and different shows at night. We are very thankful to Mecler, at the reception, he helped us a lot and give us detailed information on where we can go and what we can do, we got no problem with our luggages when we came till our departure day. Luis from the reception helped us too chasing our 3 daughters who went for a boogy ride that came 2 hours late from their scheduled return, we're so worried and Luis called all possible contacts to know why they are too late. And please take note, when purchasing trips/rides from the vendors at the beach try to get more information of the company and whose the contact person if in case that you need to call them. The whole park is a bit old but properly maintained with the birds and the flamingos. We would like to hop in and see other hotels but it's too pricy to take the cab, will cost from $30 to $50, this is the one that we missed and we were not able to see the Punta Cana downtown. We only went to San Juan shopping centre, they have a free bus ride, but stuff are too pricy. Overall, our trip turns good with only 2 days of rain and I will give a rating of 4 out of 5

Room Tip: Second floor is better, and request for a room with balcony overlooking the beach, it's very rel...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tresninas
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Dear Guest:

I appreciate that you have wrote on Trip Advisor the review concerning the great time that had at Natura Park. It is very pleasant to read kind words from our clients that have been satisfied with the food, the property, the restaurant service, the room, night and day activities. Also, thank you for mentioning the front desk staff that helped you during the stay. Really, I would like that you choosing to us to enjoy your next vacation.