Dreams Plam Beach is a perfect sized resort with three large pools, a fantastic self service restaurant (the World Cafe), five a la carte restaurants, a coffee shop, several bars, a theatre, a casino and a night club. The staff are very friendly and provide excellent service. The evening shows are entertaining and some are even excellent, particulalry the international dance show, the circus and the magic show. The rooms are to a high standard and are air conditioned (despite this not being mentioned in the brochure). The food is fantastic but there is a good gym if you want to try and offset some of the calories. Everywhere is within easy walking distance and so it is easy to spend time by the pool or on the pristine white beach. The sea is warm and there is a little reef which is good for snorkelling, plenty of fish which swarm round you if you take them a bread roll from the beachside burger bar. The trips are worth taking. We booked three - Saona Island, swimming with dolphins at Manati Park and speedboats / snorkelling. All are great fun. We booked the first two via the rep and the last one via one of the beach vendors (The King) - who can be trusted and saved us $50 so don't be afraid to try him.
When you take into account the quality of the accommodation the resort and the (free) food and drink, this has got to be one of the best value holidays. The only negative(which, on the plus side, meant no hangovers) was that the drinks didn't appear to be very strong - but don't let that put you off. We had a great time and met some really nice people from England, Canada and the USA. PS: The preferred currency is the American dollar so don't bother getting any Dominican Republic Pesos and please note that you will need $10 each on arrival to pay immigration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro