“Excellente”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huddersfield, ENGLAND
“Excellente”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Dreams Plam Beach is a perfect sized resort with three large pools, a fantastic self service restaurant (the World Cafe), five a la carte restaurants, a coffee shop, several bars, a theatre, a casino and a night club. The staff are very friendly and provide excellent service. The evening shows are entertaining and some are even excellent, particulalry the international dance show, the circus and the magic show. The rooms are to a high standard and are air conditioned (despite this not being mentioned in the brochure). The food is fantastic but there is a good gym if you want to try and offset some of the calories. Everywhere is within easy walking distance and so it is easy to spend time by the pool or on the pristine white beach. The sea is warm and there is a little reef which is good for snorkelling, plenty of fish which swarm round you if you take them a bread roll from the beachside burger bar. The trips are worth taking. We booked three - Saona Island, swimming with dolphins at Manati Park and speedboats / snorkelling. All are great fun. We booked the first two via the rep and the last one via one of the beach vendors (The King) - who can be trusted and saved us $50 so don't be afraid to try him.
When you take into account the quality of the accommodation the resort and the (free) food and drink, this has got to be one of the best value holidays. The only negative(which, on the plus side, meant no hangovers) was that the drinks didn't appear to be very strong - but don't let that put you off. We had a great time and met some really nice people from England, Canada and the USA. PS: The preferred currency is the American dollar so don't bother getting any Dominican Republic Pesos and please note that you will need $10 each on arrival to pay immigration.

2 Thank AndrewandDebbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Vancouver
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My Husband (30) and I (26) traveled from Vancouver BC to the Dreams Palm Beach on Nov 5th-12th 2009 and had an amazing time. If you plan on relaxing, eat delicious food and have a variety of outdoor activities this is the place for you. I will break it down by category.

Rooms: Were nicely decorated with all the amenities needed. I am a fixated person when it comes to cleanliness so I would give this place a 3.8/5 considering. Room service was always great, we left in the mornings and by the time we returned in the afternoons our rooms were always made up.

Restaurants:Were Amazing! Quality of food is really important for both my husband and I and when I booked this place one of the attractions was the variety of restaurants.

Buffet: Is very fresh, with a variety of ethic foods including everything in the North American Diet.

Mexican Rest: Excellent! We loved the quesadillas and chimi-changas again very fresh.

French Rest: Was also very good, we had the lamb and chicken, so delicious.

Sea Side Grill: This was our favourite! We came back to this one several times. Its located just off the beach and the food is very good. The chicken is so fresh, organic and vegetables are local which is nice to see.

Chinese/Jap Rest: Was also very nice, try the deep fried ice cream if you have a chance pretty amazing.

Barefoot Grill: This Burger joint was convenient when we felt like lounging on the beach with a burger and fries.

Beach: Gorgeous! Aqua Ocean with stunning white sand. We spent most of our time on the beach drinking and eating.

Staff: Very Friendly, polite and respectful.

Pool: Beautiful, very clean and large area to swim around.

Overall we had an unbelievable time. I wish we had stayed for 2 weeks versus the 1week just because there is so much to do. We will be returning to this resort next year for a family trip. Hope you like it!

4 Thank ferarii
Kaliningrad, Russia
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Very nice hotel near at the beach with very comfortable accomondation and lovely personal

Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
cambridge ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We wanted to do something special for our 31st anniversary..and much to our surprise our daughter and her fiancee decided to get married on the same weekend in October that we had been married 31 years previously. We offered to take them with us to Punta Cana for their honeymoon as our gift to them.... It was absolutely perfect. We were all a little worried because this was the first time we had been out of the US and had read many reviews..... once we were met at the airport our adventure began! We were given rooms in 2 separate buildings..close enough to enjoy each other's company when we wanted ... each morning we would meet at the pool and each evening we would dine together...The staff were absolutely wonderful! Everyone was so very nice... happy to help you and always smiling! My husband and I were lucky enough to get a room on the third floor that had the high ceilings and a bathtub... our son in law and daughter had a room on the first floor..no high ceiling or bathtub... but they didn't seem to mind... the rooms were very nice and kept very clean. The only "little" problem was keeping the mini bar stocked completely... but all I had to do was call the desk and someone would bring up whatever we wanted....
The beach was beautiful, the pool was beautiful... we enjoyed the pool each morning and the beach each afternoon. We had lunch each day at the grill on the beach... the hamburgers were really good...Each night we would try a different ala carte restaraunt... we really liked the Steak house and the Mexican ones. The breakfast buffet was great in the open air buffet...
We all had a wonderful time and are planning our next trip back to Dreams Palm Beach hopefully in the Spring! Looking forward to seeing our new friends there,,, Simon... he was always there to help us with a great big smile!.... Jorge, Juan, Nicko, Felix,------and all the others... they are great!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank billie02
Poole, Dorset
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Firstly I would just like to say I can't understand anyone giving a bad review of this hotel everything was excellent, the staff are wonderful and will do anything to help. The restruants all excellent and something to eat for everyone. This is hotel is so clean and well kept , the gardners work very hard and deserve a tip. All in all we would most definatly return and we met some great people there.

Kent
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This has to be one of the best hotels in the Caribbean I have stayed in, and I have been to a few of the islands. Situated on a lovely beach with beautiful grounds. Great food and very friendly staff.
Just a couple of petty things really, I was given the impression there was good snorkelling off the beach but was rather disappointed, and I thought the trip we took to Catolina Island was rather expensive for what you got, 3 hours on a tropical beach for $130 each! but the Stingray encounter was great. All in all it was a great holiday, highly recommended for a chill out on a tropical beach.

1 Thank Robbo55Kent
Chigwell, Essex
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Before we travelled i looked on this website for reviews,they wernt good! I was quite scared of what i my find when i arrived. When we landed i couldnt believe how small and beautiful the airport was, iv never seen anything like it! The ride to the resort is not half as bad as what people on here make it to be, honestly people are so picky, its a 3rd world country for gods sake! it only take 20mins max and it quite a nice ride.
Once you arrive at Dreams the whole family were greeted with refreashing drinks and a cold towel, very nice!
Our party was 7 adults and 3 kids, we stayed overlooking the main pool for the first week, we were all put together which we preferred..the second week my mother had a water leak in her room, the receptionist couldnt be more helpful, she upgraded the whole family to the preferred group, i couldnt believe when i see my parents room..hunnymoon suite for nothing, they are fantastic and we were still all together!
The kids explorers club is out of this world, they couldnt get better people to look after the children, they were fantastic, its open from9am till 10pm they do so much stuff with them,it was hard getting my children back at the end of the day, my children cried their eyes out when they left, so did i...real bad!
The food is alright not nothing special, everything seemed to taaste the same to me, the kids loved it which was the main thing for me, so much to choose from in the world cafe, the best a lacarte was the asain resturant..mmmmmmm.
I cannot belive people on here moaned and whined about the beach....it was absolutly stunning!!!! you cant fault it! beautiful! but saona island is a must excursion you must take....paradise on earth!
The entertainment was slightly poor, we ended up putting the kids to bed with a dvd and the adults had a cheeky glass on wine on the balcony..it was lovely.
The staff here are so good to you its unreal, they deserve the tips and extras they can get, i had the time of my life and would most definetly go back, i cried my eyes out on the way back which is unlike me, im still thinking about the plce and iv been home 3 weeks!!....maybe next time i go will be for my wedding :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!