I went to Dominican with my two best friends and we had an absolute blast!!
The hotel was gorgeous and the rooms looked just like the pictures.The staff are amazing and I think they made our vacation all the better. They help you with everything.
There were soo many activities on the resort from merengue, bachata dance lessons, to pool/beach volleyball.
Every night they have a show and the shows are amazing except for the Karoake night.
They had a Night of Stars show which was definately the best. Performers dressed as stars putting on a concert!!
We went horseback riding and parasailing while we were there and both were great. I would say that horseback riding was definately the best!! They take you an hour and half out of town so you get to see the town as well. You actually ride the horses for 2 hours and they take you down to the beach and through the forests there. It was really amazing! We paid 35/person for each excursion
We also hit a few clubs outside of the resort. Mangu and Imagine. Imagine is mostly tourists. It is in a real cave with bats flying around. Its was amazing!! Played all Merengue and other Spanish music on one side, and on the other side they played all trance/dance music. Mangu is a LOT of fun too ... they have so many characters walking around!! lol too much to see! One floor is all trance/ dance techno, the other floor is a mix of urban, reggae, merengue etc.
The only thing I would recomment they change is the check-in time. We arrived at the hotel at 12pm but could not check into our room until 3pm. I would recommend keeping a bathing suit in your hand carry so that you can hit the pool or beach until your room is ready.
Also the showers have no doors which gets the room pretty wet but we put a towel on the ground outside the shower and this problem was fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro