My family and I stayed at this resort last week and we loved every minute. We were in the Preferred Club rooms and they were clean, bug free and very spacious. The beds are extremely comfortable. Other than the room I don't see a great value in the upgrade. There is a seperate pool for PC guests but the main pool is more fun. There is a PC lounge with internet stations, top shelf liquor and snacks. Good if you want to make your own cocktail and check your email.
The food was excellent. We ate at all the restaurants and the food was delicious at every venue. As a native New Yorker I enjoy good quality food and they all met and exceeded my expectations. The staff provides excellent service and you can order everything on the menu if you want. Although tipping is optional we tiped $10+ at every meal to show our appreciation. They work very hard and are eager to please and ensure your every request is met.
The buffet was terrific for breakfast and lunch. One lunch they had lobster. The buffet is not open for dinner probably because June is the off season.
The beach is clean and calm. There were no issues getting chairs on the beach or poolside. The water was warm and clear. There was seaweed sporadically floating in the water which was annoying at times. In front of the yellow trampoline in the water is a very small reef. Snorklers will see a few fish in that area. Don't bother to go on snorkling trips. There is nothing much to see. The fish are not very colorful or plentiful. Same for the coral and rock formations. Scuba divers will fare much better. We took a full day tour to Catalina Island. The Island is beautifull but the trip to and from is not. 2.5 hours each way via van plus a 30+ minute boat ride each way. You spend more time in transportation than at the island. Not worth the time or money ($80pp).
The spa was nice. We went for a couple of massages. They were running a special 2 for 1 so it was well worth the price.
Nightlife at this resort is minimal. The shows are worth going to. The casino is small but very clean. It's good for playing slots for awhile. There are roulette and blackjack tables also. The disco looks newly renovated and a fun place to grab a drink after the show.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort and I would go back in a second. I truly don't understand the negative reviews this resort has received in the past. There were 5 people in our party and we all loved this resort and have no complaints. Feel free to email me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro