My husband and I loved this resort and wished we could have stayed longer. The service was great, the staff was awesome, and our room was immaculate. I honestly, don't have any negative things to say. I felt guilty, like I was missing something, if I sat in my room. Because there are so many other places to go, we may not return to Punta Cana, but would definitely stay at a Dreams resort elsewhere.
For those who have already booked a trip, I'll give you a few heads up. In your room there should be a brown leather book telling everything there is about the hotel (room service is free, the white flag on the beach is a jellyfish alert, etc) and gives you a good idea of all things the resort has to offer but doesn't run out and tell you. All patrons at this resort are authorized $200 in coupons to the spa, wine, etc and must asked for and claimed at check in. Always ask for an upgrade, obviously. It happened to many people we spoke with. If you have a problem or question and need someone who speaks good English, go to the front lobby, the desk to the left of the Apple Vacation's desk. If you have kids, the resort has an Explorer's club for children staffed with only females and they offer many different activities (i.e. babysitting) that the parent will not have to supervise. They have a teenage building with XBox, so if your teenager is ruining your trip send them that way.
Always go to the shows they have at nighttime. They bring in outside performers and they do an excellent job. Stay away from the Casino! The pregnant dealer is ice cold at takes all your money. However, if you do choose to play, ask them to shuffle the deck before playing (not many people pay so its empty, you never know what they're up to). Drink the mamajuana stuff - its excellent for all those who think the other drinks are weak.
I heard the massages were very good. The pedicures were expensive and not what you would expect for the $60 they charge.
We rented a car from the concierge desk and drove around the island. Definitely not for the faint of heart! If you like off the beaten trail sort of excursions that's the only you will get it. People drive crazy - we almost died twice. Wear running shoes.
Meet people, have fun! A vacation is all about what you make it to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro