Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$230
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$160
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$202
11,247 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafepedro tomascoco cafeentertainment teamcandy manpreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitelobby barwedding coordinatorsteak
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Spent 4 days at Dream Palm Beach 4/23 to 4/27. The weather was beautiful - thank goodness for the breeze - or you would not be able to stand the heat of the sun. If you are going for gourmet food - this is not the place for you. The buffet is large with many selections - but the samy stuff over and over and only average - not great. The restaurants offer more elegant dining - but still not exceptional. The deserts and fresh fruit selection are disappointing. The entertainment staff does their best to get guests involved in the poolside and beach activities. The pool area is huge with many chairs and the pools are very clean. The beach is unique in that it offers many trees for shade as well as many huts. The drinks are not very strong - but I guess you can ask for them to be made stronger or with top shelf liquor if you want. The rooms are comfortable, the beds are super comfortable. Not much dresser space though.

Overall this is a nice place to stay if you are not looking for a high end resort. The staff is friendly and try to be accomodating with most of your request. If you are looking for a night life - this is not the place for you. It is very quiet and serene. No loud partying after dark. There is a casino and disco - but they never seemed to get too busy.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Cutting to the good stuff - Beach: swept daily, clean, white sand, idyllic, hotel security and police always around. Hotel: large, open air, clean & impressive looking. Staff: a handfull of really really genuine people with sunny dispositions - especially the young man at the seafood grill - like a young eddie murphy and one of the nicest staff at Dreams.

not so good: RATING - sorry but not a 4 or 5* really, just a nice 3*.
Staff!! Where to start? The large majority solely tips orientated - despite being all inclusive. Didnt start well -the luggage chap Henri - threw bags around like a baggage handler with no concern. Curt in his manner, demanded tip as soon as opened room door - then slammed door (assuming he didnt feel it was a large enough tip).
Chamber maid began well with the usual little touches you get in the caribbean, flowers, folded towels etc, despite tips this degenerated over the week until no turn down service and no hotel newsletters, chocolates, or cooler refilling by end of week.
Service with a smile by most staff but its easy to catch the smiles drop - WARNING -possibly more for any Brits. You are expected to tip absolutely everything, EVERY drink and every meal, even if you just want to get the BASIC standard of service that you are paying for in this supposed 4* all inclusive. If youve had 4* in Mexico or US - do not expect this hotel to deliver the same standard.

The hotel shop prices are very high on some toiletries and there are no other options locally. The nearest village is 1/2 away.
Overall pleasant for a weeks stay but consider very carefully before commiting to a 2 week stay.

3  Thank desali
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I was a little nervous about the resort after reading some of the reviews. I have no idea what some of the people were complaining about. The resort was beautiful. I had no problem with my room, the staff, the food or getting beach chairs. My friends and I had a great time. If there is one thing that wasn't great was the lack of english spoken by the some of the staff. Honestly, I'm visiting their country, I could speak a little spanish too. Most of the staff spoke plenty enough english to understand what they were talking about.
I went to every restaurant except the french and every meal was great. The japanese was my favorite based on the food and the show. The world cafe/buffet was excellent for breakfast and lunch. So many options for food it was ridiculus.
The beach was nice, although I have seen nicer. The water was clear and warm. I did a glass bottom boat excursion that wasn't too impressive, mostly because there weren't many fish. Based on that, snorkeling would have been a waste of time. We did kayak, which was a lot of fun....and tiring. We played a lot of volleyball, but that's our hobby back home too. Next time, I think I'll go to an adults only resort because it was hard to keep the kids off the court. No big deal though, I'm on vacation and was enjoying the sun.
The bars were nice. I preferred the one in the main lobby at night. It was a nice/relaxed atmosphere. Of course, the drinks are watered down a little, so just drink more!
The pool was beautiful and always clean. No complaints at all. Water polo and volleyball are always a blast. Although I didn't do it, you can take scuba lessons in the pool as well.
Now, for the chair issue that everyone seems to complain about. It's not impossible to find chairs. If you happen to get up a little late, someone is always abandoning their chair. The rule of thumb is: if there's a personal item on the chair, leave it alone. If there's simply a hotel towel on it, it's fair game. People do hoard the floaties from the pool though. Really didn't bother me at all, I didn't use one anyway.

Overall, the hotel is very nice, very cheap and close to the airport. I think it was a 10 minute ride with no problem. I think my plane ticket from new jersey cost just as much as 6 days at the hotel. I paid approximately $1300 altogether, so it was very affordable.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allen P
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I spent a week at the Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana. This was my first experience with an all inclusive. I enjoyed the beach which has beautiful sand and water. The beach lounge chairs are comfortable although it can be tricky getting an umbrella, which you really need come high sun. (People really do get up at the crack of dawn and "reserve" these locations. Pretty sad on them really.)

The food at the buffet was good and varied, especially if you mostly stick to the stations where they are making the item fresh for you. The Mexican restaurant was okay and a little different but the others were only good if you want a change of scenery as the food was no better or worse than the buffet.

The room was clean and well maintained. The staff seemed genuinely helpful mostly although sometimes more well intentioned than capable as you often have to ask for things a few times. The hotel made an effort to have new things during the week, like an evening dinner set up outdoors around the pool and activities for those who like that sort of thing.

I took a discovery scuba dive for $100 or so and really enjoyed this. The dive guys at the hotel were friendly and knew their stuff. The water was blue and clear with many fish and coral. It was a breathtaking underwater scene.

Overall, the Dreams was a relaxing place to hang out at a great beach. If fine dining is your goal you might be out of luck but a wide variety of good food is available.

2  Thank tedward2000
Reviewed April 24, 2009

This hotel was the worst experience ever!

To summarize;
* Housekeeping stole a pair of shoes from my room and my toiletires from my suitecase. Front desk did nothing about this, instead insulted me by making it seem like I must have left them somewhere aorund the resort. I never recieved any follow up from the hotel or compensation.
*The Food was horrible - everything was bland and you need to be careful about what you put in your mouth, My boyfriend came across lots of un cooked pieces of chicken
*One night, we had the DND sign on our door and the chain lock set up and a bellman tried to enter our rooms to bring someone else's luggage into our room, he continued to push the door trying to break through the chain lock, until he finally realized we were yeling at him and he said "sorry, wrong room" and walked away.

Aside from all this we were one of the stranded travellers with Conquest Vacations - The hotel held us hostage telling everyone they need to pay or we can't leave. We paid - once we paid they still locked us out fo the room because they forgot to reprogram the keys.

Please - save your money and DO NOT STAY HERE. There are many other places to stay - but stay away from this hotel and chain.

2  Thank Robyn1985