We went to Dreams Palm Beach from March 11 to March 18, 2009. We arrived at the hotel and while waiting to check in we were handed champagne, a fresh cookie and a wet cloth to wipe our faces. Very nice touch. Our room was very clean, with a balcony overlooking the pool / ocean. There are three pools which are all very clean and maintained regularly by the staff. One pool is for the preferred members, while the other two are for the adults and kids. The buffet restaurant has a wide variety of food choices and you could eat here everyday and have something new. There are other restaurants which are for dinner only and you do not to make reservations. However, get there early unless you want to wait around for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We went to the Italian restaurant which was okay as we found the pasta a little undercooked. We went to the Asian restaurant which was the best especially with kids. They cook the food in front of you like a Japanese style restaurant and the food was both tasty and the cook entertaining. The Mexican restaurant was not to our liking however others we spoke to said that if you went late (9pm) it was much better. We did not go to the Seaside restaurant which served seafood, chicken and steak but from those we spoke to it was very good. There is also a noon hour restaurant on the beach which serves hotdogs, hamburgers and french fries and this too was good. There is an Explorer (kids) club here. They cater to kids 3 years old to 12 years old. The staff are very attentive and quite often visted the pool side to engage the children into the club. We felt very safe with the staff from the kids club. Our 8 year old daughter loved it, especially the bungy jumping (trampoline with harness). At night time they have a mini disco and once a week they have kids camping on the beach which includes a supper meal and a movie on the beach. There is a sign at the kids club that says No Parents Allowed but you can check on them and they will give you a pager (free) should you or they need to contact one another. There is also a club house / tree house and a water splash area at the rear of the kids club. The beach is nice but the water is filled with coral and rocks. There is also a trampoline in the ocean and is a neat experience. The service from the staff is well above average and they are always looking to serve the guests. The grounds are well maintained and we observed several people in wheelchairs having no problem getting around. Overall this hotel met all of our expectations and was probably our most enjoyable holiday yet. One word of caution is that they have venders that come on the grounds twice a week. They are very agressive but if you firmly tell them no they will leave you alone. If you book any excursions off the resort, we suggest you book/speak with your travel representative at the hotel first. If you book this hotel you will definitely have a nice holiday. Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro