Went with a group of 6ppl it was was a short ride to the resort from the airport.
They served us drinks with us just sitting in the main lobby relaxing excited to see how nice the resort looked.
We decided to stay in the preferred section as we were looking for a relaxing time with the hopes of less ppl in that section and better upgrades.... It was not the wrong choice.
Check in was quick and easy and the staff were polite very friendly and attentive.
The food was really quite good no one in our group of 6 got sick the whole week not like in cuba or mexico. In the preferred section you have seaside grill which we ate there everyday..food was really good.
All the a la carte restsurants are fantastic the buffet for breakfast was good they had a big selection of whatever you literally wanted.
We did go early to reserve seats or cabanas on the beach they can get all reserved quickly. The weather was beautiful rained only twice and it was at nite lol beach was ok there was some seaweed but they had ppl clearing it like twice a day so it wasnt a big deal.
Now the best part of this resort isn't the resort itself which is beautiful, ive read reviews where ppl weren't happy with there rooms or the food was bad too many bugs and such..but the staff here is what really makes this resort wonderful. The moment we arrived to check in to never having to wait long for a cold drink the service was outstanding. The general manager there Pedro Thomas is very down to earth he's friendly and makes you feel welcome as we had a great conversation about his earlier days playing baseball you can see him walking around making sure everything's on point everyone's doing there job. Germain always made sure we had drinks, Carlos was always making sure we were ok, we didnt have to do much for ourselves on this trip which was exactly what we were looking for!!
Our room was disgustingly amazing....we got the honeymoon suite. Three sections..living dining area, bedroom, washroom thats bigger than my bedroom at home lol. The maid service was great they made everything neat and clean, mini bar always stocked, the other rooms were pretty amazing too they were on the top floor of building 4 they were clean and it had vaulted ceilings which made it feel look bigger.
I would definitely stay there again everything was exactly what we wanted and needed with a little more...
I would recommend the upgrade to the preferred section albeit the main resort would be nice as well.
Please request Alexander if u decide to get the butler service! ! He is the man!! If u need something he will make it happen.
Nice guy easy to talk to very friendly works hard..just wanted to say thanks for making stay a lot more comfortable.
Thanks to all the wonderful hard working staff for making our trip a relaxing and wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro