“Awesome time with the friendliest and most entertaining staff you'll meet”

Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. John's, Canada
“Awesome time with the friendliest and most entertaining staff you'll meet”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I Just got back from the Dominican where I stayed at Dreams Palm Beach. My mom, our friends and I had an amazing experience. The main highlight of this trip for me was the whole entertainment crew. They were AWESOME noting especially Jack, Lilian, Lisandro, Candyman, Elius, and Sonny (not sure about the spelling). Wherever you went it seemed like they were available to make you laugh, Always dancing and everytime you saw them they would call you by name or by where you are from I don't know how they remember so many but wow! The entertainment was hilarious especially the stars night where the entertainment team all dressed up and danced and lips-inced to many familiar songs and soundtracks like sexy and I know it, Grease, etc.(HILARIOUS) and the circus. Another highlight was going to get our morning coffees at the coffee shop. The emypoyees there also remembered our names and gave us big hugs when we were taking off. Coco boy (Jose) was one of our favorites at the resort and the two girls who worked there were great as well. Food was great at all the restaurants especially Italian. It wasn't like other resorts where you have to make reservations the day you got there for the whole week, there was 5 restaurants and a huge buffet all open 3 times a day and not closed for long to chose from every day where the longest we had to wait for a table at the restaurants was 40 minutes and that was only one night. There was more variety than you can get through at the buffet for breakfast, lunch and supper as well as a late night snack time open 11-5am (The girls at the entrance of the buffet were super friendly and gave you a squirt of hand sanitizer on your way in and out of the buffet). The restaurants were italian, asian, mexican, french and the seaside grill. Italian was our favorite! While you wait they have plenty tables all along the strip where you can get drinks brought to you. If you get into the restaurant before they're back (which doesn't take long at all) they bring your drinks in the restaurant for you. They had two large pools in which one had a volleyball net and the other with the swim up bar (with in water stools and quick service) along with a jacuzzi. One of the pools also had a kiddy pool connected to it. On this note there were alot of families there with young children but the resort was so big it was no trouble to find a lawn chair to lie back in the peace and quiet. On the beach there were plenty spots in and out of the shade, the water was great and there were lots of activities throughout the day like beach volleyball, soccer, darts, kayaking (free) and we also snorkeled and parasailed which we had to pay for but it was definetly worth it. They told us to bring bread out to snorkel so we brought a bun each to attract the fish but if I was to go again I would bring a few since the fish literally eat it right from your hand. I got my hair done on the beach for a really good price and they said it would last for 3 weeks, so far so good! The girls did a great job on me and my friend and you could pick whatever style or beads you wanted. The other vendors on the beach weren't as pushy as in cuba and bargained well with you and let you go after the second or so time you said you weren't interested. Also, on the beach there was a barbeque all day with burgers and hot dogs, fries and nachoes and all the toppings you could ask for. There was also employees constantly coming around collecting empty glasses and plates and if you asked for a drink they would bring it right to you, there was Jesus who was a sweetheart and always had a smile on his face and two older guys, one fairly short and one maybe named Carlo's who danced around and said "I love my job" all the time. These guys worked really hard keeping the beach clean and props to them for remembering where to come back with the drinks because I couldn't even remember where I was sitting haha. We met the General Manager, Pedro who was very polite and made sure our stay was great which it was! The Rooms were awesome as well with no bugs and room service twice a day to restock our fridge with water, coke, fanta, and beer in the fridge and make cute shapes with our blinds and comforters along with real flowers intertwined into their designs. Our maids were Marie and Marie (yes the same name) and they were both very polite and swift! There was a safe in the room for passports and money and such but nothing was taken from the room. Each room had their own patio with a lovely view from every angle (we had a room on each side of the building (6)) as well as a table and two chairs.Another positive about this trip was that the employees other than their great attitude was that they did not ask or suggest to be tipped. At the end of the week we did tip most of them a few dollars and they were very thankful. There was a few weddings every day which were adorable right on the beach. Everyone constantly had a smile on their face at and truly looked like they were enjoying themselves (staff and guests). We only stayed for a week but I can't wait to go back! I strongly suggest this resort for any future travels to Punta Cana! I miss zumba with Lilian and dancing and singing with Jack and Sonny and the boys already, so sad to leave them!

Room Tip: If you did want a bath tub there are none in the regular rooms but I do believe they are in the pref...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Laura W
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination in Punta Cana and for such an amazing review. We are thrilled to read about your successful stay with us and especially glad that you had the chance of enjoying the different restaurants, specially our service and hospitality. We will definitely pass on such encouraging remarks to all of them.

Please know that it was a pleasure to have served you and we look forward to your next vacation with us. See you soon!

Kindest regards,

operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,878)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dundas, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2014

to us roughing it is no turn down service, this resort has it all. great restaurants , very good entertainment , amazing staff from the pool guy to the general manager." no sorry ," is not in their vocabulary," no problem we can do that," is. beach is great , tons of chairs, their policy is they have more long chairs than guests and approach a staff member and they will bring you a chair to your location. I tried it and its true. all in all a great time here is one thing to consider
its a five star resort with five star guests if you get my drift

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tom H
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for posting your comments and for making our hotel your Dream home away from home in Punta Cana. We are all about fulfilling our guest’s expectations and we are so glad we were able to make you join the hundreds that we have managed to make happy on a daily basis.

On behalf of our staff, please know that we loved to be part of this vacation and we hope we can continue to do so in the near future. We hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days. Service was good, food was excellent. Room was missing chairs on the balcony and room service menu/welcome binder, this was fixed by the second day. Slight bug issue in our 3rd floor room. They asked if we wanted to move rooms, and we just wanted to have the room cleaned, and all sheets and towels changed. After the request, no additional issues with bugs.
If you book an excursion, book with Amstar at the front desk. The other groups selling on the site for boogie tours was not the best experience.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd Floor rooms - heard from other guests of mildew issues on first and second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Aprils_Pen
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We are thrilled to have this first vacation to Dreams a very special and memorable one. We take this opportunity to thank you for sharing such positive experience with others through this forum and for giving us the privilege of vacationing with us.

It was more than a pleasure to have delighted you and taken care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back home.

Elmwood Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A month ago our family of four enjoyed a week long stay at Dreams Palm Beach .This was our second stay in the past six moths at this resort.
The first time we had the Deluxe tropical view room which was good.There was an issue on the beginning but it was taken care of wright away.
This time we stayed at the Preferred Club ,in the ocean view suite.
They greeted us with the champagne upon arrival, and because we got there early we had to wait before we could go to our room. The stuff was incredible. As the kids were getting tired after the trip they kept them busy all the wait time with the coloring and the balloons.
As we got to our suite I was astonish!
It was very clean and spacious, beautifully furnished and offered all the comforts you would expect from a five star resort.The view was great. I had a few sleepless nights and I was truly glad I was able to sit on the balcony and listen the as the waves crush.
The stuff was exceptional, helpful, kind and professional at all levels -concierge, wait stuff at the restaurants , poolside. I was pleasantly surprised to find out ,they got my lost ,gold earring!
It was a pleasure to know , they recognize us from our previous visit, and treated us like a family. I just got back from Europe, were I visited my hometown and felt like a stranger there, while at the resort I felt like I was in my hometown.
The food was superb. There is lots of restaurants to choose from, and they are all great. Personally I liked the " World Cafe" . With two kids, and me always running late it was the best choice .My favorite thou , was "Coco Cafe".
The pool was clean and every day offered many different activities for everyone to enjoy.
Running on the beach in the early morning , and swimming in the ocean after the sleepless night was the best. There is seaweeds in the water, but it didn't bother me at all.
I could go on, and on, and on, and everything ales I would say about this resort would be all good.
Simple, pleasant paradise !
I don't want to go anywhere ales anymore.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jolanta N
Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams palm Beach. We are thrilled to hear about your successful stay with us. We are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your vacation and that you were treated with the excellent service we strive to provide all our guests.

Please know that here you have a home away from home and a family that will be waiting to take care of you. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back home.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My now-husband and I visited the Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana along with a group of 56 family members and friends during the week of April 19th-26th to celebrate our wedding. We booked the honeymoon suite oceanview with jaccuzi in the preferred club and it was defenitely worth the extra money! Our wedding coordinator was Julie Aristy and she exceeded our expectations by far! She took care of everything and made sure that our big day was exactly what we wanted. We chose to have our ceremony at the garden gazebo and the reception on the pool island which we believe looked nicer (better lighting, garden gazebo was more "fancy" for ceremony pictures), the wedding pictures were still taken on the beach though! We went with the resort photographers - Tropical studio - and were completely satisfied with the work of Gaston Garcia. His work is amazing and he made us feel like he was invisible during the ceremony and reception. We also chose to have the cinematic videography package and the trash the dress session which we strongly recommend. All the edited photos and videos were given to us on the day after the wedding! We hired the recommended DJ (from "mania") and he was very good as well. I had my hair and make-up done by Wendy at the spa and she was excellent, bring pictures though (it makes it easier to communicate with them)! In general, the resort was amazing: the food was great, the staff was very friendly, beach was nice and the hotel was clean overall. Free wifi was also available in our room (ask the preferred club front desk for a username and password). One thing that we did not enjoy was the fact that the cleaning ladies would often time come only around 2-3pm to clean the rooms and change the towels. Also, even if it was included in our wedding package, we were not able to have an extra room for the groom for the night before the wedding and no late check-out was available due to the hotel being fully occupied. We recommend this resort to any couple who are thinking of having a destination wedding!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Genevieve L
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Congratulations on your wedding! It is such an honor to be part of such an important event; thank you for having chosen us for this special celebration. It is very satisfying to read that we were able to meet your expectations and make this day a special memorable one. It is our desire to make our guests feel right at home and we are happy we were able to achieve this with you and that you enjoyed our facilities as well.

Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to many more celebrations and vacations with you and your family. It was an absolute pleasure to have hosted you!

New Brunswick
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed 1 week, March 23-31. We love this resort, it was our second time there. It's a nice small resort, easy to get around, great pool and beach. Lots of chairs on the beach. Never had a problem finding chairs. There were lots of people who would leave their towels on chairs in prime locations and not return all day. That was bothersome, because they were always the chairs under the umbrellas, so there wasn't any shade if you wanted to get out of the sun.
The pool was always busy and noisy, so we spent our days on the beach.
The first 4 days the water was clear and calm, the last 3 days it was rough and very murky and had lots of grass and weeds floating around. The workers did a good job of cleaning up the beach during those days.
The food was great. We ate omelettes everyday for breakfast. That was our favourite meal. The second day we thought we would stay on the beach for lunch, and eat at the BBQ hut. We each got a burger, when I asked for some more ketchup, the guy used the hand he had been using to put the raw hamburgers on the grill to grab a handful of ketchup packets and fill the basket..... I didn't get any ketchup that day, and after that we went to the buffet for lunch. The pizza from the wood burning oven was the best. Once we discovered that we ate it everyday!
We ate supper a little early everyday and never had to wait very long for a table. I think 20 was the longest we waited. The Mexician restaurant was pretty good. The seaside grill was very good we both has a steak and it was very good. The Italian restaurant was ok. The French was our favourite. We ate there twice. The food was excellent! No complaints about the food or service. (Except the BBQ hut on the beach...).
The staff were always friendly, smiling and happy to serve. Our room was nice, a little tired maybe, but clean. We had a room in building 8 on the 3rd floor which overlooked the pool, I thought it was a prime location.
We paid $25.00 for wifi, there is no free wifi anywhere on the resort. $25.00 got us 25 hours of wifi, however in small print it says "Good for 6 days once you sign in." So on our last day, the 12 hours I had left was lost in the early morning. We had a very late departure so it would've been nice to be able to check in before we left the resort. There are 2 desktop computers in the clothing store (I think it was called the Sunrise store?) that are free to use, so we used them to check our departure times.
We did the dune buggy excursion, through our Sunwing rep. He said it was a very popular choice. We paid with a credit card, it was $90.00 each, if we had of had Canadian money, he would've taken it at parr. The charge on our credit card was $220.00 when we got home.
I wouldn't recommend it. He said it was a 20 minute drive to get to the location. It was more like 45 minutes. The guys are really pushy to get you to buy the pictures they take of you. I was told to bring a bandana to wear over our faces because of the dust. If you didn't have one you had to buy one from them at $10.00 each. The dust was everywhere..... In my eyes, ears, mouth everywhere!!! If you have back, neck or bladder problems this trip isn't for you! Very bumpy "roads". I thought it be nice to see the rainforest since the resorts are so beautiful..... We saw starving horses, cows, dogs and burning trash. Little kids run out and wave when you drive buy. (I had bought little toys and candy to pass out, but my husband forgot to put it in his suitcase.)
There wasn't anything pretty or nice to see along the drive. We stopped at a roadside shop, and pressured to buy their stuff. Then we stopped to swim in a cave. That was pretty neat. But you have to walk through a bunch of vendors first. The water was cold and clear. Then drive for another little while. Looking through the dust at the shacks people live in, and all the garbage along the roads. I did notice that many of the shacks had satellites for tv so they must've had electricity. Then we drove past the where we started from across the main highway along another bumpy road to a beach with really big waves. And were given about 1/2 hour to play in the waves.
Then back to the start and onto the buses back to the resorts. It lasted about 5 hours from the time we left the resort to when we got back. We went in the afternoon and it was really hot, there's not much of a cover on the dune buggies, so wear sunscreen and be prepared to have dust and dirt stick to you while you sweat your guts out.
Overall a great trip. Would go back there again.

Room Tip: Building 8 is the closest to the lobby. It made me feel safer. The 3rd floor rooms have a high vault...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maureen-Steve
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It is always a pleasure to read all our guests have to say about their experience at our resort. We are glad your vacation was great and we thank you for sending along your feedback which is very valuable.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been part of your vacations and we look forward to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel was clean, people very friendly and restaurants where excellent!!! Our Concierge Yosmary Arias was so very helpful and friendly we just loved her!!!! My kids will say this was there best vacation ever. The entertainment staff was out of this world. I could not of asked for a better vacation. Thank you Dreams Palm beach, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank scottlisasammax
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It is always a pleasure to read such positive experience during your vacation at Dreams. We are thrilled to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and that your stay was nothing but Dreamy.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been part of your vacations and we look forward to be able to welcome you back to your Dream home away from home.

Warm regards,