We stayed at Dreams Palm Beach from 7th-21st and it was almost perfect!
We chose the preferred package and the room we had was huge! It was on the third floor facing the pool area. The only problem with the room was that the decorative pillows smelled funny.. now I know I have a sensitive nose but my husband does not and even he could smell the pillows! The bathroom is massive too but could definitely do with a renovation. The tiles are old and weary and the water just goes everywhere when you shower. Having said all this though, the room in itself was very spacious and comfortable! The maids did an excellent job with the cleaning, however they did forget to replace small things when they ran out, like the toothpaste for example but you only had to ask for it and you would have it within minutes. They were also very friendly, and always smiled and greeted us when they saw us in the passageway.
The food was good with a lot of variety but I guess after a few days it gets boring ... however, the staff in the restaurants and the buffet are so friendly. Always smiling, always there to take your drink orders or refill your water glass. Really could not complain about them at all! Avoid the Japanese restaurant if you are not a fan of loud, noisy dinners!
The "towel game" as a few people have already mentioned was something I thoroughly disliked about this place ... it was quite difficult to get a good spot if you didn't get down there by at least 8 am!
All in all though, I would have to agree with what most people have already said here before, it is the staff make this place what it is! The big smiles and the willingness to make your holiday as perfect as possible just completely won me over! This place was almost perfect except for the very tiny things that I guess you could perhaps overlook!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro