“Almost perfect!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at Dreams Palm Beach from 7th-21st and it was almost perfect!

We chose the preferred package and the room we had was huge! It was on the third floor facing the pool area. The only problem with the room was that the decorative pillows smelled funny.. now I know I have a sensitive nose but my husband does not and even he could smell the pillows! The bathroom is massive too but could definitely do with a renovation. The tiles are old and weary and the water just goes everywhere when you shower. Having said all this though, the room in itself was very spacious and comfortable! The maids did an excellent job with the cleaning, however they did forget to replace small things when they ran out, like the toothpaste for example but you only had to ask for it and you would have it within minutes. They were also very friendly, and always smiled and greeted us when they saw us in the passageway.

The food was good with a lot of variety but I guess after a few days it gets boring ... however, the staff in the restaurants and the buffet are so friendly. Always smiling, always there to take your drink orders or refill your water glass. Really could not complain about them at all! Avoid the Japanese restaurant if you are not a fan of loud, noisy dinners!

The "towel game" as a few people have already mentioned was something I thoroughly disliked about this place ... it was quite difficult to get a good spot if you didn't get down there by at least 8 am!

All in all though, I would have to agree with what most people have already said here before, it is the staff make this place what it is! The big smiles and the willingness to make your holiday as perfect as possible just completely won me over! This place was almost perfect except for the very tiny things that I guess you could perhaps overlook!

2 Thank SJR03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

my wife and i were there from march 20 to march 30. we had the preferred club where they had a small pool.when we booked we knew there was going to be kids but omg we really didn't think they would be at the preferred at one point I was in the pool with 25 kids under age 5 my wife wouldn't even go in the pool by the mid week because of sanitary reasons . one day we moved over to the pool by the pool bar .it was much quieter and was nice til the afternoon when the brought up the trampeline from the beach and put in the pool in front of us there went the quiet.ok enough about the kids The rooms were different. ours was ok but was showing signs of needing a makeover .the water pressure was terrible in the shower . the maids did a great job every morning. the towel art was great. speaking of towels the towel game for cabbanas and chairs was ridiculous one guy told my wife you had to be up at 4:30am to get a cabana. crazy Food the resturants we went to were alright we found the buffet bland not much change The people that work there work very hard and most were friendly . My wife thought the grounds needed worked on there were no flower beds at all . overall it's an ok resort just not for us

Room Tip: do not pick rooms 3110 to 3114 they are on the back side ,service staff go back and forth with servi...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank harpo24
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Really don't where to start, but there will be nothing negative in this review i can assure you! We are seasoned veterans of AM resorts both at secrets and Dreams! Dreams Palm beach was our first visit, and won't be our last, as we will be booking once again next year! Everything was seemingly perfect, and I know this hard to believe, but for me and my family it truly was! The grounds are beautiful, the staff, awesome!(more to follow on them) The food... excellent! the service... excellent! the rooms... excellent! the entertainment team... excellent! housekeeping... excellent! Preferred club...excellent!

Staff... Mr. Pedro (GM) A most dedicated professional constantly monitoring the activity at all locations of the resort, yet always has time to stop and say hello Thank you so very much! your leadership shines through! The same goes for Mr. Hilario (RDM), and Mr. Milan (RM) So many thanks to you both as well for your hospitality! We couldn't have scripted a more memorable vacation.

Preferred Club professionals...

Alexandra (Manager) You have trained your staff in a manor that I can't really describe in words, nothing within reason was ever denied, and going above and beyond was what they were all willing to do if necessary.

Kenia (Preferred Supervisor) Always smiling and very dedicated to customer service Thank you for the Gatorade it really helped :-)

Pada, Faludig, Lucia, Liliana at the desk, the best and so professional Thank You!

Our Butlers... (amazing!)

Alexander, Wilson, Jose I really don't know what to say but so many thanks for everything, even if it was just saying hello in the morning or at anytime during the day! We appreciate all your efforts on our behalf with reservations etc..., and being there when we needed you! We hope you can be with us next year on our return! You all are the best!

Carlos... Our man at the preferred club podium! You are great "Mr. Chris Mueller" or my son "Mr. Claude" means alot to be recognized, it really does! Thank You my friend! Don't forget us :-)

Carolina, Elizabeth, and Eunice, at the preferred club bar, so friendly and professional thanks for all you did for us!

Pool Concierges German and Jose always there with a smile and a fist pump! Thank you!

Javier at the swim up pool bar, you are the man, Thank you!

At the restaurants, all were fantastic! Wilkens, Ray, (Rudy, Catalino (Domo Arigato), and a host of so many others...Thank you for your hospitality and high quality of service!

Ernesto at the beach grill... You are amazing! always smiling and willing to say hello we hope to see you next year!

E Team we met... Cuci, Sony, Eliah and Jack, Thank you so much for making our stay so much fun with all the activities and friendliness you gave us all!

The Spa... We bought a package of seven massages +1 for the four of us, amazing!!! Thank you to all the therapists that treated us and the experience at the spa!

In closing, I know I might have left many names out here, and I apologize. I tried to remember all that I could. But in no certain terms if your names were left out that we were not appreciative of what you have done for us! Dreams Palm Beach is a model of a fantastic resort! and it's a testament to the leadership and the training involved to maintain such a high level of service. Being a chef for the past 14+ years and having been in the hospitality industry, I know how hard it is! You all made it look effortless! See you next year!

Salut!

C Mueller

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank campga2112
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you so much for having chosen us as your vacation destination and for such encouraging words that provides us the inspiration to achieve even more each day.

It makes us extremely happy, to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that we were able to make this trip for you a memorable one; most importantly that you enjoyed all our lovely hotel has to offer. Thank you for your recognition towards our hard working staff, they are the true heroes and the ones who make sure all guests are satisfied.

It was an honor to have welcomed you home and we look forward to making you next stay even better. Hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This resort is the smallest we've been to and we quite enjoyed it. The staff are the best we've had. As soon as we arrived they said "welcome home". We also mentioned we were there for a belated honeymoon (married 4 months ago) and they put a "honeymoon" sign on our door, gave us a fresh basket of fruit and asked when we wanted our champagne delivered. The people at this resort are always happy, friendly and professional. Maids came in the am and again in the pm to refresh your towels. A la carte's were wonderful and I appreciated not having to make a reservation. Sometimes there was a wait, but who cares - we grabbed a drink and chatted until they were ready for us. When at the pool or beach, people were often asking if we wanted a drink and if you had an empty cup, it was gone within 10 minutes. Lots of activites and entertainment for adults and kids and an agenda for the next day was popped under your door at night. It was a very nice touch. Slushy cart, kebab cart and fruit cart went by every day. BBQ at the beach was great too.
The bathroom needed updating. Not sure why they would only have a half door on the shower - water went everywhere. A little more bathroom privacy would be nice too. All in all, it's not a major concern for us. We spent little time in the room.
We had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Becky W
Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It is very satisfying to read that we were able to achieve our goal, which is to fulfill our guest’s expectations. We are truly grateful, that you have taken the time to share your comments about your stay.

We would love to be able to welcome you home in the future and be able to surpass your expectations even more.

Best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just got back from the Dominican Republic (18th march-1st april) and we had an amazing time. Just a couple of things though
- If you're going to this resort dont bother with Dominican pesos take american dollars - they accept pesos but theyll give you change in dollars which sometimes the staff even struggled to work out
- The sun loungers on the beach are ok but not great for comfort when laying on your front
- After 2 days here my husband became quite violently ill to the point we ended up at the doctor who said it MAY have been something he ate. I put may in capitals because this wasnt proven just the doctors advice.

However please dont let the above little points put you off. We had an absolutely amazing time, the room was always spotlessly clean and the beach is just simply stunning. There was some seaweed - more so when the sea was choppy - but its the ocean there is going to be some. We went walking along the beach in both directions and there is some outstanding scenery.

The staff here are some of the best staff ive ever encountered there is always a hello and smile from all if them. The entertainment staff - WOW - all of them put 1000% in to their jobs. Warning the club song/dance is beyond catchy and youll be singing a long after 2 days.

Would we go back?? Most definately!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Holly B
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It is always a pleasure to read all our guests have to say about their experience at our resort. We are glad your vacation was great and we thank you for sending along your feedback which is very valuable.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been part of your vacations and we look forward to be
able to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Albion, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

i don't usually write reviews, but this place was awesome. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make our vacation memorable. Hats off to their entertainment and bartending staff! Jack, Junior, Alfonso, George, Emelio, Lily, and Jesus made us feel like family. They are some of the most hardworking and creative people I have ever met! The only thing I could find fault with was their rooms were a little dated, but they were spotless. If you couldn't find something to eat at their buffets then there is obviously no pleasing you. The variety was endless! I can't say enough about this place. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room just behind the pool and beach bar, great access to two of our favorite t...
3 Thank Anne B
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other reviewers and for making Dreams Palm Beach your home away from home. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

Please know it was a pleasure to have served you and that we will definitely take your word, we shall be waiting for you next year.

Kindest regards,

DeKalb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and I felt so happy when I got home that I thought I should share our experience,
We have traveled to several places, but I've never taken the time to write a review. The Dreams Palm Beach Resort is one of the most beautiful places that we have been to. The staff is amazing, and the two concierges, Yeraldin and Yosmary were two of the nicest women I have ever talked to. They were genuine and kind and made me feel like I was important to them and they were extremely helpful. The rest of the staff was also fantastic! Everyone I passed, whether it was walking to the beach, going out to eat or just going back to our room, greeted us with a huge smile and a friendly "hello". Their entertainment staff is top notch, and a young man named Jack was a riot! Not a day went by when I didn't hear him say, "I LOVE MY JOB!" There is so much to do no matter what your age. They had kids activities, trivia, awesome live shows. We saw in the seven days we were there, a Wild West Show, Magic Show, Boogie Nights 70's Show, and Cirque Soleil. They have so many restaurant choices. There's something for everyone, from Japanese, Mexican, French, Italian, Steak House and a never ending buffet that has something for everyone. Don't think twice about choosing Dreams Palm Beach for your next vacation...you won't regret it!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so make sure you arrange your room according to your needs. The best buildin...
6 Thank Patricia P
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination in Punta Cana. It is very satisfying to learn that we strive to exceed your expectations. It is our intention to make you feel at home and provide personalize service. We will certainly share your encouraging and kind words with Yosmary and Yeraldin.

Thank you for sharing your comments, we look forward to pamper you some more during your next visit.

Kindest regards,