“Go ahead and book it. We did and had the best time ever!”

Ranked #15 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Go ahead and book it. We did and had the best time ever!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you are reading this review it is because you are considering Dreams Resorts for a vacation. Don't over-think it. Just book it! We used cheapcaribbean.com and had a fantastic experience. At the hotel everything was just outstanding. From the welcome champagne drink to the unbelievable service we received once in the property, it was the most wonderful time. My wife, 19-year old daughter, and I decided last minute that we needed hot weather as opposed to "almost warm climate." So instead of Hilton Head we went to the DR. Best idea ever.

The property itself is amazing. Make sure you book the DREAMS Palm Beach Punta Cana one as there is another Dreams in Punta Cana. We erroneously gave the wrong name to the taxi driver. Nothing wrong with that one, but the Palm Beach hotel is over the top. Let me share the Top-8 things you should know.

1. The staff is nothing short of exemplary. They live to give you the "excelente" service experience. You'll understand once you are there.

2. Juan Peralta and Felix Perfecto at the Bordeaux restaurant could work at any 3-Michelin stars restaurant in the world. Their attention to detail made the two dinners we had there events to remember for a lifetime.

3. The Seaside Grill was fun and breathtaking. You are dining next to the beach while being served by Tito Ramirez, Cristina the hostess, and all the waiters who want to make your experience a delight. We miss them!

4. Get the Preferred Club deal. The private pool, access to the Clubhouse, and free wi-fi are worth it. You also don't have to go to the buffet for breakfast or lunch as the Seaside Grill is exclusive for Club members.

5. We tried all the restaurants. Our favorite by faaaaaaar was Bordeaux. No children allowed makes dinner a relaxing event. Sorry kids, you have another five restaurants to go to.

6. Bring with you all the sun lotion you'll need and multiply that by two. It has nothing to do with the sun, but more with the ridiculous price they charge at their store. A US$9 bottle you can get at your local retailer is sold at US$35.

7. Go early and go often to the buffet. It is really good and has everything you can think of.

8. Don't buy any of their "prime" liquors at the restaurants. Their house wines and beers are very good and will compare to any house wines in the USA.

In summary, check what's available on Apple Vacations or cheapcaribbean.com, see what makes sense for you, and book it. Couple of notes on the Punta Cana airport. It's a bit crazy. Organized in a "different" way than what you may be used to. It took us 2 1/2 hours from the time we landed to the time we were able to get on a cab. If you are not fluent in Spanish, I'd recommend pre-arranging the transportation with the service you use to book the trip.

One last thing, just go.

Room Tip: Get the Preferred Club deal.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jnine
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments through this forum and for making Dreams your home away from home. It is very satisfying to learn that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that your experience here was nothing but excelente!

It was an honor to host you; we look forward to delighting you some more in the near future.

operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,802)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

What an amazing resort! The rooms, grounds, restaurants, pools, and beach were exceptionally clean. Great selection of restaurants with no reservations required. The staff was fun, energetic, and extremely positive. Thank you to the following staff for making our trip remarkable: Jack – Entertainment, Simon – Wait Staff, Ricardo – Wait Staff, Joey – Wait Staff, Jesus – Wait Staff, Lilly – Hostess. All of you exceeded our expectations...Thank you!

Room Tip: Keep the drapes pulled during the day to keep the room cool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kathy S
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive experience. It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and were treated with the excellent service we are so renowned for.
Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department head, so that they are able to share your compliments with their team members.

We hope to have the honor of delighting you again in the near future. See you soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Was disappointed by hotel concierge service. Left a bottle of wine for coming friends and it was never transmitted. What a shame for 5 stars hotel. They defenetly should provide such kind of services. Lost money on that present and got a bad mood as "reward".

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MonikaRei
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to apologize once more for not meeting your expectations. Please contact us at the below email address so that we can further assist you on this issue. We would like to express that we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future and be able to change your experience.

Warm regards,

Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The dreams resort can be described in two words. Absolutely amazing! We took a family trip here, first vacation in 7 years. I am so glad we decided on dreams! The rooms were very clean, the grounds were very well maintained, and the staff was by far the best part! Checking in Alexandria was extremely helpful and nice right away I knew this was going to be an awesome vacation. After we arrived we went to lunch at the super clean sea side grill where we met Ray and Isabella. They were both so nice and pleasant I loved going to see them. After lunch we met German and Joel. I cannot say enough about these two! I wish I could thank them both again for making my vacation amazing! I can’t forget about the entertainment staff! They know how to have fun! Cuchy, Gasolina, and Woody made sure we had a good time on vacation! The resort was breath taking and the staff was unbeatable! The staff at dreams are just pure amazing they made my vacation! I can’t wait to return!! Thanks again German!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank justin l
Dear Guest,

Please receive a special greeting from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination and for sharing such a memorable experience with other reviewers.
We are so glad that we were able to fully fulfill all expectations and that our dedicated staff managed to make this the best vacation ever. It is comments like this that encourages us to continue in our path of providing excellent service.

Please know that it was an honor to have been able to serve you and we hope we have another chance to do so. We will be waiting for you, for your next vacation.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friends and I just went to this resort for Spring Break! The entire experience was Amazing! The check in process was very quick and pleasant. The room was BEAUTIFUL and spacious! Housekeeping keeps the minibar stocked and not only do they make the bed every morning THEY TURN DOWN THE BEDS FOR YOU EVERY NIGHT!! The best part of our service was the butlers that came with the suite we were upgraded to by the very HANDSOME GM Pedro Tomas! The butlers Jose', Alexander, and WIlson were EXCELLENT! Jose' and Alexander CONSTANTLY checked to make sure we had everything we wanted and responded VERY quickly to all of our requests! They were great!! The entire facility is BEAUTIFUL!! The pools are AMAZING! The whole staff is friendly and very eager to help with any thing you may need. Everyone is friendly and they ALWAYS ask how you're doing!! The restaurants on the resort had GREAT DELICIOUS food! Every beef dish was my favorite they were all tender and cooked perfectly!! Simon (who LOVES HIS JOB :0 ) was very nice and friendly!! He made sure we had everything we needed in the buffet and on the Beachfront Grill! We loved his energy!! The entertainment team were OUTSTANDING! Jack and Woody were our absolute FAVORITE!!! Jack is a dancing machine and we loved Woody's personality he was so nice!. Overall the entire resort was EXCELLENTE!!!! We will definitely return here soon!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Nicole C
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others through this forum. It was such a delight to have made this vacation one to remember and to have had the pleasure of making you feel at home. Thank you for your recognition towards our staff; they definitely know the way to make our guests feel as part of our family.

On behalf of Mr. Pedro Tomas and all our staff we would like to thank you for letting us take care of you; we look forward to welcome you back to this your home away from home in the near future.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have recently returned from an amazing two week holiday in Dreams Palm Beach and must tell anyone who has any concerns about visiting Dominican Republic or Dreams not to worry. I was fortunate to meet some of the nicest people whilst visiting Punta Cana and have special memories that I will take away forever. This review will best aid those who flew via THOMSON.

I had planned prior to going on holiday that I was going to propose to my girlfriend and asked my travel agent to make contact with their counterparts in DR. I had arranged to use their service for a private dinner on the beach. All had been arranged and all I had to do was speak to my Rep, Franklin from THOMSON who I must say was the best Rep I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Franklin was available whenever I needed him and with his assistance he made sure all my plans came together. Franklin sorted all my trips and spoke in depth which ones would be best suited for my fiancé and I whilst we were visiting. A big thank you to Franklin from Dan & Jess 

The resort itself is lovely, well maintained and clean. They have two lobbies one for normal guests and further along near the beach a Preferred Guest lobby. I had chosen Preferred and if you can afford the extra fee would suggest it, but then again the hotel as a whole is great so don’t worry. The main advantages of going Preferred offer you a separate pool and Jacuzzi, eating areas, towels, Wi-Fi, dedicated lobby, snacks throughout the day and preferred waiters.

The rooms are up-to-date and have very comfortable beds and the room service offers a night turn down service which was pleasant to comeback to at the end of a night. The bathroom was very clean and presented well. The TV offered channels both in English and Spanish with most common channels you would get with a digital TV (American based) each room has decent mini bar (preferred club) and was always stocked each day with sufficient A/C.

The food was absolutely fine. Each restaurant, Mexican, Chinese, French and Italian offered great menus and a fantastic atmosphere. Along with the above restaurants you could also visit the Seafood grill near the beach (which was also the Preferred club breakfast and lunch area) and the buffet which was open for breakfast lunch and dinner. The bars offer a good selection of drinks and are situated at the main lobby and pool.

The pools offer a great area for couples to socialize, relax and take in the lovely Dominican sun. Anyone visiting with children will also be able to relax as both pools have other children present and a kids club for them to visit during the day.

I would recommend any couples who visit Dreams to have a private dinner on the beach and the romantic midnight massage by the sea. It is a truly romantic and relaxing experience and made cheaper by the discounted voucher which you receive when you arrive at the lobby (it didn’t happen to me, but you might get a sales pitch for timeshare prior to receiving the voucher) either way make sure you get the voucher as it entitles you to $200 to use on the private dinner, casino, spa and bottles of wine. The spa is also fantastic and would highly recommend using the service if you have a late pick up to kill some time when you have to check out at midday. We had a massage and relaxed in the spa pool and Jacuzzi before we got picked up. They also have a changing room which you can use to shower before you leave and lockers to store you bags.

The beach is lovely and is all secured by security staff from Dreams. There are beach sellers but they respectfully do not come on to the hotel beach and will not bother you if you say no. Beach activates are available and anything without a motor is free and anything using a motor will cost.

If you are looking to book excursions, I would suggest the OUTBACK SAFARI. It is a chance to go off road and visit coco plants, meet the locals in the villages and a trip to a local school. There are no beggars, but should you wish to leave a donation it is at your discretion.

This place is made excellent by its staff and by a very special gift from the manager for choosing Dreams to get engaged he kindly moved us to the Honeymoon Suite as a kind gesture as when we first arrived we were mistakenly moved to the wrong room. This kind gentleman was Pedro Tomas the General Manager.

We also met some amazing staff who always went out of their way to make us happy and smile. We want to pass our thanks to; German (preferred club waiter) Lucia, Kenia, Liliana and Zelenia (preferred club lobby) Coco boy (coffee shop) Carlos (private dinner waiter) and Tito (preferred club waiter.) These are a few of the many of great employees of Dreams Palm Beach.

If I can give you any suggestions I would recommend bringing $1 bills to tip as and when at your discretion. Avoid drinking to many coconut milk based cocktails as coconut milk is a natural laxative and causes a lot of people to spend time in the toilet. 1 or 2 of them type of cocktails every other day is fine. If you notice anything not working or wrong with your room, you must speak out as the lobby staff will try their best to arrange it to be corrected or move you to another room.

Overall this is a great hotel, great area and great people. You will have a fantastic time and have some lovely memories. Enjoy your time and I hope this review helped. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: Preferred Club: Asked to be in blocks 3 or 4 and ask your travel agent to make contact with the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank daniel_amos
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We are thrilled to learn about your successful stay with us. There is nothing for satisfying than knowing that we were able to enjoy our installations and great hospitality.

We hope this is the first of many more vacations at Dreams. Please know it was an absolute pleasure to have served you.

Warm regards,

Miami
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I arrived on Feb 23 for a mini vacation with my friends at Dreams Punta Cana, that same day at 7.00pm I received a call from my wife saying they have just taken my mother to ICU, an was very critical.. At that time I spoke with Hilario and advised him of my situation. The next day Pedro Tomas
the GM came to talk to me to see if there was anything they could do for me to expedited my return trip back home, some how I was able to catch a flight the following day they were so generous they even took me to the airport. An I was told by all of them to please keep them inform of my Mom status, 4 days latter she pass away , the messages I received not only from Pedro Tomas and the staff were overwhelming . I have never in my life have felt so much Love from people that I only see once a year but I feel they are part of my family. Thank You and hopping to see you again this coming summer. Love the Garcia Family

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank MarcosMiami
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for sharing your experience with other reviewers. Please know that you are part of our Dreams family and we just did what any family member would have done to help one another. We are very sorry for your loss; our hearts and thoughts are with you.

We shall be waiting anxiously for summer to vacation with you and delight you.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Now Larimar Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!