If you are reading this review it is because you are considering Dreams Resorts for a vacation. Don't over-think it. Just book it! We used cheapcaribbean.com and had a fantastic experience. At the hotel everything was just outstanding. From the welcome champagne drink to the unbelievable service we received once in the property, it was the most wonderful time. My wife, 19-year old daughter, and I decided last minute that we needed hot weather as opposed to "almost warm climate." So instead of Hilton Head we went to the DR. Best idea ever.
The property itself is amazing. Make sure you book the DREAMS Palm Beach Punta Cana one as there is another Dreams in Punta Cana. We erroneously gave the wrong name to the taxi driver. Nothing wrong with that one, but the Palm Beach hotel is over the top. Let me share the Top-8 things you should know.
1. The staff is nothing short of exemplary. They live to give you the "excelente" service experience. You'll understand once you are there.
2. Juan Peralta and Felix Perfecto at the Bordeaux restaurant could work at any 3-Michelin stars restaurant in the world. Their attention to detail made the two dinners we had there events to remember for a lifetime.
3. The Seaside Grill was fun and breathtaking. You are dining next to the beach while being served by Tito Ramirez, Cristina the hostess, and all the waiters who want to make your experience a delight. We miss them!
4. Get the Preferred Club deal. The private pool, access to the Clubhouse, and free wi-fi are worth it. You also don't have to go to the buffet for breakfast or lunch as the Seaside Grill is exclusive for Club members.
5. We tried all the restaurants. Our favorite by faaaaaaar was Bordeaux. No children allowed makes dinner a relaxing event. Sorry kids, you have another five restaurants to go to.
6. Bring with you all the sun lotion you'll need and multiply that by two. It has nothing to do with the sun, but more with the ridiculous price they charge at their store. A US$9 bottle you can get at your local retailer is sold at US$35.
7. Go early and go often to the buffet. It is really good and has everything you can think of.
8. Don't buy any of their "prime" liquors at the restaurants. Their house wines and beers are very good and will compare to any house wines in the USA.
In summary, check what's available on Apple Vacations or cheapcaribbean.com, see what makes sense for you, and book it. Couple of notes on the Punta Cana airport. It's a bit crazy. Organized in a "different" way than what you may be used to. It took us 2 1/2 hours from the time we landed to the time we were able to get on a cab. If you are not fluent in Spanish, I'd recommend pre-arranging the transportation with the service you use to book the trip.
One last thing, just go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro