“Will definitely be back”

Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Dreams PB. It was our first time in the DR. As a family of 4 (kids are 8 months and 5 years old), we thought it was extremely family-oriented. We also felt that if we were a couple traveling without kids, we'd have an equally excellent time there. Stayed in the Preferred Club, which was well worth it. Here's a breakdown:

Room--This is really the only reason I give the resort 4 rather than 5 stars. Had 2 full beds overlooking Kids club. We requested the updated room and glad we did. The room was redone in December. Bathroom has a GINORMOUS shower and nice finishes. I actually wish they had made the shower smaller and living space larger. It felt a bit tight for a family of 4. We would have much preferred queen beds rather than full-sized beds. The dresser was very poor quality and drawers were coming apart. I guess they updated the room, but not the furniture. And there were only 2 drawers for the entire room! Definitely not enough storage. We were there 5 nights and got turn down service (which included a quick clean up of the shower and removal of towels) only 3 out of 5 nights we were there. That was a little disappointing. The housekeeping did a great job. Room was very clean.

Grounds--Beautiful and very well kept. Every where you looked, they were cleaning, pruning, painting, fixing. They take very good care of the facilities. Even the common bathrooms at the pools were really clean.

Pools-There are 2 very large, gorgeous main pools with a separate large kids pool. One of the large pools had a swim-up bar. We didn't have too much trouble finding seating. My five year old never wanted to leave the kids pool. My personal fave was the smallest pool at the resort, which is at the preferred section. It was quieter and more peaceful than the 2 large pools. It has a shallow area for kids.

Food--Very good. The buffet has a ton of variety and very tasty food. The a la carte restaurants had good food and were really nicely decorated. Men must where slacks (not jeans) to the a la carte restaurants. We really like Italian, French, Hibachi and Mexican. Weren't too crazy about our dinner at Seaside Grill, but really liked it for the breakfast. Preferred club guests can go there for breakfast and lunch.

Drinks--Depends. Some were watered down, while others were strong. We didn't really like the house wine, but you can purchase bottles of a variety other wines at the a la cartes.

Service--Fantastic. People were so friendly and gracious. They were always smiling! We gave tips, which was much appreciated by them, but not required for great service.

Preferred club--If you're debating about whether or not to do preferred section, do it! Loved the preferred club lounge area, which had a separate bar, computers, and small buffet with finger foods all day long. LOVED, LOVED the pool in preferred section.

Beach--Gorgeous. It doesn't really matter whether you're on the preferred beach section or not. Only advantage to preferred section is more comfy lounge chairs.

Spa--Had facial and thought it was fantastic.

In summary, I loved the resort and would love to go back again. I have already recommended it to a friend who has booked a trip there for May. My only issue is the "updated" rooms that have major storage issues and poor furniture quality.

Room Tip: GO for preferred club and request an updated room.
5  Thank amytz
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It fills us with happiness and satisfaction to read that this first time experience in the Caribbean was amazing and that all of us at Dreams were able to make this happen. Thank you for choosing Dreams as your home away from home and for your kind comments, which we extremely value. We are glad you enjoyed all Dreams facilities such the restaurants, activities, pools.

We hope that we have the opportunity to keep delighting you in the near future. It was a pleasure to have served you.

Kindest regards,

Vangie Severino
Management Assistant
Cabeza de Toro, La Altagracia Dominican Republic
Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

There are newer reviews for Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Loved our trip to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. The weather was great and so was the food and the service. Shout out to Jonathan and Raphael at the beach and pool who recognized us everyday and made sure we had fresh drinks. In the buffet for breakfast, there was Simion De los Santos who loves his job and told you so every time you saw him, He also recognized us and went out of his way to accommodate us. Also a shout out to Cisco at the front and Javier at the pool bar. I would come back for sure. Portofino's restaurant was the tops but the others were good too. I did not have a bad meal.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jim W

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We are thrilled to have made this vacation a dreamy one. We take this opportunity to thank you for sharing such positive experience with others through this forum and for giving us the privilege of vacationing with you.

It was more than a pleasure to have delighted you and taken care of you. We look forward to more vacations here at your home away from home.

Best regards,

Vangie Severino
Management Assistant
Cabeza de Toro, La Altagracia Dominican Republic
Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This our second trip to a Dreams Resort. Last year we stayed in Puerto Vallarta and decided to try Punta Cana this year. We had another really good experience at Dreams Palm Beach. My husband and I both have food allergies and on arrival we spoke to Yosmary and Yeraldin at the Concierge Desk. Our lists of food allergies were translated into Spanish and we were each given a letter on the Resort Letterhead that we could show in the restaurants. We were very impressed with the professional treatment we were shown by the chefs and supervisors in the al la carte and buffet restaurants. Special mention for exceptional service to Perfecto and Leandro and Ramon. We had wonderful meals in all of the restaurants but went back twice to Bordeaux, the French restaurant. We had been told that the resort had recently undergone renovations, but did find the bathroom to be small with the sink outside of the shower and toilet area. We had originally requested a room on the first floor to avoid walking up stairs. It should be noted that first floor rooms are actually up a flight of stairs and the main floor rooms are called ground floor rooms. We ended up staying in a room on the first floor. The beach was soft sand and the water a beautiful shade of blue but the water was rather weedy. Ground crews frequently raked the weeds from the beach to keep the area clean. As non smokers, we found it difficult to find any place at the beach or pool that was not smoky. Our suggestion is to designate one of the two large pools as the non smoking pool and make a non smoking section on the beach as well. We would recommend this resort to friends and would definitely return to Dreams Palm Beach again. The staff were wonderful and as they said each day, Dreams was excellente.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a thank you note to the staff at this hotel Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana during the periode 29 January to 20 February 2014.

Unfortunately, my husband ended up in the hospital Bravaro in Punta Cana, due to serious health complications.
Although we were tourists from Norway, and communication was difficult, I felt that the help and care came especially from Derluis Nava Chief concierge, Yosmary Arias and the other staff at this hotel.
This gave Me confidence and relaxation during My stay.

NOTE: Personnel who provide such Security and thoughtfulness is well Worth taking good care of, for the hotel Chains interest.

Thank you for invaluable help during my stay at the hotel Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana!

Åse Aliprantis, Norway

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I just returned yesterday from Palms Beach Punta Cana and was very sad to leave. I went with my parents and sister and we enjoyed every second of our stay. The staff was wonderful. They were all so friendly and upbeat. The Entertainment staff was the absolute best! They did not miss a beat with all of the activities going on each day and night. We were non-stop entertained. Woody was my favorite! I miss them already. The food was exellent. The size of the resort was smaller which I liked because you could walk to the beach, pool, restaurants all within a few minutes. My sister, mom and I all received spa treatments which were great. We got to use the spa facilities after our treaments which included a sauna, steam room, hydro-pool, hot tub & ice pool. I would highly recommend this resort for those looking for a relaxing trip with great food and entertainment. I hope to go back to this resort again. Thank you Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Resort Staff for welcoming us and making us feel at home.

3  Thank Jennie R
Reviewed March 6, 2014

First, I observe that I have never written evaluation yet because I was lazy in turn. I’ve been a few places in the world , but I liked it so much that I feel must share my experiences with you.

EXCELENTE

Ola Amigos ( Hello my friends )

We started on this trip, I had to quickly decide whether to take advantage of cheap flights has given opportunity and this past year at a difficult period closed , forgetting energy is sucked into ourselves , revolving the sun , from the experience .

I have to say very, very well , we decision ! !

Not a palm tree, the white sand ( which was a flour -fine ) because we are already in Thailand , Vietnam experienced , but the Dominican people's mentality , good humor , to life attitude attracted me , but really !
They are crazy as me !

Our holiday was the best ever , and is largely due to the Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach Resort of all inclusive hotel staff . Just few to mention : WOODY , ELIAS , LISANDRO , SANDRO , CANDYMAN, GASOLINA animators who are as crazy as me , Raffael the pool bar waiter , and ANGEL restaurant waiter who for all moment looking my wishes .

Have not had such a super accommodation, but we do not have the word ALL INCLUSIVE always, every moment can be consumed like food and beverage opportunities , but also the services , programs, events, countless multitude and diversity . In the restaurant was a lot of food and were very delicious.

It was all on the beach: Paea ( Dominican food) production, Sangria making, fruit decoration, Hamburger Festival , Kebab festival, at the pool every day for the ladies aerobics , crazy games, dancing lesson, Spanish language lessons , Zumba , evening light shows and shows in the evenings live music and dancing in the main square , the theater circus, acapella , magic show , western show (on which we took part ) . So the big recovery has not been two minutes of free time to get bored ....

Dominican people called EXCELENTE ! ! ! It is a Spanish word that means to get great , superb ! If you ask someone: „how are you?” the answer is always EXCELENTE ....

So the magic word : EXCELENTE ! !

We want go back NOW!!!

2  Thank sacsa1969
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

When you book a vacation and are looking for home away from home this is the best resort ever. We scheduled a family vacation to stay at ocean sands in punta Cana. We checked in and checked out in less than 2 hours the ratings on hotel were 4 star . Once I saw the grounds and rooms I knew this place is disgusting. The manager was no help.
We all checked out called dreams palm beach where we stayed in July 2013.
Julio made sure he had a too for us he also contacted the manager informed he of our return and bad experience we just encounted at ocean sands and had everything ready for me and my family. The staff all remember us and were happy to see us.
Our biggest mistake was to have booked another hotel thinking that the cleanliness and staff would be the same. I was wrong no other hotel can compare the quality of staff , service , cleanliness to dreams plan beach.
Many thanks to Alexandra , Milan, Pedro for accommodating us in a moment of disaster that we experienced at ocean sands.
Many thanks to excellent staff that made the stay comfortable. You really are like family.
Thank you to Carlos , Alexander, Reynaldo , Felix , Perfecto, Tito, for your outstanding professionalism and respect that you give to vacationers. Without Julio helping us I don't know what would have happened to us at 5pm with no hotel booked because of the disgusting service at ocean sands.

This resort meets expectation !!! It is clean it has excellent staff food and grounds. You always see Pedro and Milan the managers walking around the resort making sure all is well.

I will return to this hotel again because I know that it is home away from home.
We have made friends family and I know that my family is treated the best from you all.

See you all soon