We had a wonderful time at Dreams PB. It was our first time in the DR. As a family of 4 (kids are 8 months and 5 years old), we thought it was extremely family-oriented. We also felt that if we were a couple traveling without kids, we'd have an equally excellent time there. Stayed in the Preferred Club, which was well worth it. Here's a breakdown:
Room--This is really the only reason I give the resort 4 rather than 5 stars. Had 2 full beds overlooking Kids club. We requested the updated room and glad we did. The room was redone in December. Bathroom has a GINORMOUS shower and nice finishes. I actually wish they had made the shower smaller and living space larger. It felt a bit tight for a family of 4. We would have much preferred queen beds rather than full-sized beds. The dresser was very poor quality and drawers were coming apart. I guess they updated the room, but not the furniture. And there were only 2 drawers for the entire room! Definitely not enough storage. We were there 5 nights and got turn down service (which included a quick clean up of the shower and removal of towels) only 3 out of 5 nights we were there. That was a little disappointing. The housekeeping did a great job. Room was very clean.
Grounds--Beautiful and very well kept. Every where you looked, they were cleaning, pruning, painting, fixing. They take very good care of the facilities. Even the common bathrooms at the pools were really clean.
Pools-There are 2 very large, gorgeous main pools with a separate large kids pool. One of the large pools had a swim-up bar. We didn't have too much trouble finding seating. My five year old never wanted to leave the kids pool. My personal fave was the smallest pool at the resort, which is at the preferred section. It was quieter and more peaceful than the 2 large pools. It has a shallow area for kids.
Food--Very good. The buffet has a ton of variety and very tasty food. The a la carte restaurants had good food and were really nicely decorated. Men must where slacks (not jeans) to the a la carte restaurants. We really like Italian, French, Hibachi and Mexican. Weren't too crazy about our dinner at Seaside Grill, but really liked it for the breakfast. Preferred club guests can go there for breakfast and lunch.
Drinks--Depends. Some were watered down, while others were strong. We didn't really like the house wine, but you can purchase bottles of a variety other wines at the a la cartes.
Service--Fantastic. People were so friendly and gracious. They were always smiling! We gave tips, which was much appreciated by them, but not required for great service.
Preferred club--If you're debating about whether or not to do preferred section, do it! Loved the preferred club lounge area, which had a separate bar, computers, and small buffet with finger foods all day long. LOVED, LOVED the pool in preferred section.
Beach--Gorgeous. It doesn't really matter whether you're on the preferred beach section or not. Only advantage to preferred section is more comfy lounge chairs.
Spa--Had facial and thought it was fantastic.
In summary, I loved the resort and would love to go back again. I have already recommended it to a friend who has booked a trip there for May. My only issue is the "updated" rooms that have major storage issues and poor furniture quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro