Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$457
$394
$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$667
$506
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$315
$237
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$610
Travelocity
$277
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
TripAdvisor
$378
HotelsClick
11,164 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafepedro tomascoco cafeentertainment teamcandy manpreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitelobby barwedding coordinatorsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We spent 7 days from 5th January 2014 to 12 January 2014 at Dreams Palm Beach. We arrived at Punta Cuna airport around 5.30pm picked up the transfer and arrived at Dreams around 6pm very simple and stress free. We were taken to the preferred club reception by a very nice porter along the way showing us the resort. Check in at the preferred club was very personal and we got the added bonus of been upgraded to a honeymoon suite. Our room was very clean, comfortable, large and with a balcony which looked over the very beautiful gardens. The room maid was very good, she came twice daily and nothing was too much trouble for her. Our mini bar was stocked daily and one day my daughter was sick so they gave us about 6 extra bottles of water so we didn't have to leave the room. We got pringles, M&M, and some miniatures left in the room most days.
The main reason for staying at this resort was because of trip advisor reports on gluten free options. Dreams did not disappoint, at check in we were given a letter in Spanish explaining that our daughter was gluten free which really helped and put our mind rest that the restaurant staff had understood. We were introduced to Edwin, a food and beverage manager who was very helpful in arranging gluten free option in the restaurant of choice for the day, my daughter was able to get pan cakes, pasta, chicken goujons and cookies. We ate in the sea side grill, the world café and the had a few cakes from the coffee shop, everything was amazing with so much choice and all the restaurant staff were also very good always making a fuss of the children.
There is plenty to do on the resort, great pools, picture perfect beach, zoo animals coming in daily, entertainment if you wanted to join in, kids clubs with lots of activity planned for the day and the option of booking trips out in the lobby without too much pressure to buy.
We would like to say a special thank you to the following Edwin food and beverage manager you made our holiday with all your efforts thank you again. Julius from the world café, the best waiter ever, to point we keep going back to world café just to see you! Carlos the preferred club porter, thank you for being Jack's best friend for the week, still talks about you now! Alexander the preferred club manager, thank you for all your efforts in helping Megan with her gluten food and making her birthday such a good one. Pretty Lady(sorry didn't get your name) from preferred club bar for all you drinks and you amazing smile and dancing. Carlos the waiter from sea side grill you made our breakfast every day with your smile, such a lovely man, will get you another football top next year. The two lovely lady's from the kids club for all your hard work with the children. The pasta guy from world café, another friend of my son's and for making him great pasta every day. Dee the lovely photographer, for going above and beyond to get the most amazing picture of our children. Milan the manager for taking the time to speak to us and asking us about our week.
We can not recommend dreams enough, we are hoping to return next year to see you all again.

Room Tip: If you can stay in preferred club
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank belindamurphy
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is how an all-inclusive resort should be run. We hated to leave.

First, let me point out the negatives that led to my not giving this resort a five-star rating. The rooms needs a bit of TLC. They have been repaired, but you can tell they need a complete makeover. The repairs were sloppy, the in-room fridge did not keep things very cold, and the AC was adequate, but struggled to cool the room to my liking. The shower had one of those annoying half shower glasses which tend to allow water to get on the floor, if you are not careful. That being said, we generally left the room at 10 AM and didn't return until 5 or 6 PM, only to be gone again from 7 PM to 10 or 11 PM. After all, if you came to spend time in your room, why come to a beach resort??

Now that that is out of the way, let me tell why my wife and I will be coming back. The resort is on a beautiful beach and the grounds are attractive. Be warned that there is sea grass in the water but, after all, it is the ocean and not a pool! If you don't like the ocean, there is a huge pool. We upgraded to Preferred Club status, which is worth the extra $. Upon arrival, we were greeted with cold towels by a butler (our guy's name was Wilson) who took our luggage and showed us to the Preferred Club (PC) to check in. Along the way, Wilson described points of interest in the resort. Once at the PC, we were given welcome champagne and the facilities are described. The PC has a bar and hors d'houvres appropriate for the time of day, a lounge area, and computers for checking email (all included). There is also a pool and beach area reserved for PC guests. After check in, we were brought to our room. Note, I did not see an elevator, so anyone who is physically challenged should make that known when booking your stay.

The food at the restaurants was more than acceptable. We never went to the main buffet restaurant, but heard from a couple we met that the selection was both vast and good. The fist night we ate at the Seaside Restaurant which is reserved for PC guests in the evening and is the only ala carte restaurant where shorts are allowed in the evening. I had excellent grilled grouper and my wife had a appetizer seafood plate with a baked potato. The second night we ate at the French restaurant (long pants required!) and I had the Surf & Turf (shrimp with steak) and my wife had Skirt Steak. My shrimp were excellent and the steak was acceptable and my wife loved the skirt steak. For appetizer we both had Lobster Bisque that was not very thick but very tasty. For dessert, I had chocolate truffles and my wife had crème brûlée. The third night we went to the Japanese Steakhouse (which, on the other side of the room, serves Chinese). I suggest you go early, as there are only three cooking tables seating twelve each, that I think only do three serving per table a night. Things tend to get crowded quickly. We got there at 6 PM when it opened. The Dominican chef was as good and entertaining as any Japanese chef I have seen. The dinner consisted of fried rice, chicken, steak, fish, and vegetables. All were excellent (the fish was a bit "fishy" for my taste, but my wife loved it). The fourth night we went to the Italian restaurant where I had the linguine & shrimp and my wife had caprese profiterole. Again, wonderful. The last night we went back to the Seaside restaurant where I had steak and my wife had skirt steak. My steak was a bit over cooked but my wife's skirt steak was perfect. Let me say this about the steak. To me, this was a poor choice on my part. You are in the Caribbean where seafood is king... why am I ordering steak??

Mornings we ate breakfast at the Seaside Restaurant, which is open to all for breakfast and lunch. The food was great and the juices were to die for... so fresh! For the three times we ate lunch, we got burgers and dogs from the grill set up on the beach and once from the PC restaurant where I had probably the best club sandwich I've had in a long time.

This is a top-drawer resort so the spirits offered are premium. Jack Daniels, Jim Bream, Dewers, Bombay, Grand Marnier, etc. Beer was more restricted with El Presidente being the main draught offered, but you could get some of the more common US brands like Bud and Becks. Drinks were made to order and made to the strength you desire.

If you read to this point and you are still not ready to go, then you could go for the staff alone. I have never seen a group of people who were so friendly and who genuinely like their work, than were at this resort. They smile, say hello and go out of their way to serve. There are two that I would especially like to recognize for their exemplary attention to excellence. Wilson our butler (his picture is included) and Ray the breakfast waiter at the Seaside restaurant. The staff is outstanding!

Bottom line, I will come back and the sooner the better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Fred E
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Just returned from 10 days at Dreams Palm Beach. Fantastic holiday enjoyed by our group of four. The staff went out of their way to make this a special time. We were well looked after at all times. The range of food and the different restaurants to visit gave a huge amount of choice over the time there. The rooms were kept spotless by the friendly maid service and towels were changed twice a day. Beach / pool towels were available twice a day - lovely and warm first thing on a morning. The size of the complex is just right - not too big like some of the others we saw on our trips out. We got to know some of the staff a little better than others, friendly ,professional people who obviously love their jobs, Candyman, Sonny, DJ Louis, Sander just to name a few. Rafael from the beach who kept us supplied with drinks throughout our stay. The water sports guys who kept us entertained - oh how we laughed!!! Rafael, Victor and JJ - what can I say.
We travelled with Thomson and met Judy our rep she is one of the best reps I have had the pleasure to meet (and that is quite a few from all over the world) we felt like her family.
If you are considering places to stay on this beautiful island look no further than Dreams Palm Beach

Room Tip: Facing the gardens gave us a peaceful balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Janet H
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away from the snow and cold weather. Dreams Palm Beach was the perfect choice. The food was exceptional for an all-inclusive resort and the staff made us feel very special. While this property does not have the best beach in the Dominican because of seaweed, every effort is made to keep it within check.
The DR has much to offer travelers and Dreams Palm Beach is an excellent hotel to consider.

Room Tip: Some people we met upgraded to the preferred rooms. We were quite happy with our garden view and frankly did not spend much time in the room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Man52
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Myself and girlfriend just returned from a 7 day stay at Dreams Palm Beach. I have nothing but great things to say about this resort and the staff.
We were put in building 9 and didn't mind the room at all. Nice comfy bed, up to date TV and furniture, and of course a nicely stocked mini fridge. On night 2 of our stay we had a small problem with the A/C unit and were promptly moved to a spectacular room in building 1 that featured a dual head rain drop type shower. Julio at the front desk really looked after us and made sure we were happy and comfortable. He was very helpful in anything we asked and became a friend over the course of our stay, so thanks for that Julio!
The entertainment staff was also top notch, Gasolina, Candy Man and Woody were awesome performers and ensured all of us staying at the resort had a great time filled with lots of laughs!
I didn't come across one single staff member that wasn't in a great mood and seemed happy just to be chatting with you. From the guys cleaning windows, to the girls in the buffet, all were very nice and welcoming. By far the best staff out of any resorts I have been too.
Beach was beautiful, water was very warm. The pool areas were super clean and the water refreshing after being in the sun all day.
The food was also on point, whether you crave pasta, pizza, burgers, grilled salmon, t-bone steak, they had it all.
Overall we had a great time and would highly recommend to others whether you're with family, or going as a couple. I also believe it to be the perfect size, everything is within a 5 minute walk, no matter what building you're in. Also a shout out to Elisaul with Amstar running the excursions, he was very friendly and always made a point to stop and chat with us even after we were done the excursion.
I don't know how anyone could rate this resort below a 9/10 I can't find anything negative to say about it. Will definitely be back and like I said, highly recommend to anyone! Thank you to all the staff at Dreams Palm Beach for making our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple