“Dreams palm beach..... an escape to a great oasis of luxury, fun and family.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

and 1 more site!
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Dreams palm beach..... an escape to a great oasis of luxury, fun and family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is our third trip to this resort in a year. We usually don't visit the same place twice - let alone 3 times in a row.... in a year! The staff is wonderfully attentive (one of the main reasons we love DPC) . The resort is beautiful and the food, restaurant and bar service are all top notch. We are here as I write this. Last week was very full with holiday vacationers. This week the resort is considerably less packed. However, the service has been excellent - full with guests or not.
The GM, Pedro Thomas runs a very tight ship and it shows. EVERY employee is on point and on their game. I can't stress how fantastic the service is here. On the preferred side German, Joel and Jose have made sure no one has been thirsty or hungry on the beach for even a second. Alexandra is a pleasure to have as a preferred lounge concierge as is the entire staff. The restaurant staff (Italian, French, Mexican and Japanese as well as the buffet) are great and the food is five star. Preferred side members also have another restaurant, the Seaside grill, to choose from...... which is awesome and has THE COWBOY, arguably the best steak sandwich I've ever had.
I could go on forever on how great this place is and how wonderful the accommodations are. The beds are comfortable. The mini bar is great. The cable Tv is very good. The bath and shower are great. The beach is breathtaking. The water is clear and WARM. The many pools are beautiful and there are a lot of things to do (excursions) .
I'm headed back to the beach and then over to grab a cowboy for lunch. The strongest thing I can say about this paradise of a vacation destination is that I've never heard one bad thing/complaint from any guest here ever in three trips here..... and talk to A LOT of people. If you come here once, you'll be here twice (at least!) I guarantee.
Perfecto in the French resturaunt, Angel in the Mexican, Ray in the Seaside and Italian, Gasolina, woody, candyman, matilde you are all so wonderful. Cuchi is the Charo of the Dominican Republic and Dreams is lucky to have such a great spirit and entertainer on staff. She will make your vacation!
I look forward to the next time I step out of the cab and my dear friend Carlos says "welcome home Pallas family "...... because........ with the wonderful job they do, we do feel like this is home. Well done DREAMS PALM BEACH. PUNTA CANA. we 'll be back again and again.!!!!

When you arrive here tell them "el congrejo" sent you. They'll take extra special care of you! I gaurantee!

4 Thank thepallasfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,664)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

just returned I was a little nervous after one of the reviews!! I can tell you this is a great resort
we traveled with 8 adults children ages 15, 13 , 10, 7 and 4 the rooms were perfect in the preferred club with a room with king bed and bath and ajoining room with two queens and a bath
the building 9 was not a preferred as they were over booked but the room was great first floor with the kids was easy. the dinner in the island grille rib eye steak and ribs was very good. buffet was excellent even if you are picky plenty to choose from the resort is very clean, the rooms and the grounds beach is great we are from the north shore in new England so we thought the ocean was wonderful if you are not, it may be a little rough not calm carribean waters
the beach was very nice never a problem getting chairs. this resort was better than I had anticipated sixteen of us and not one complaint other than check in we were tired from our long flight and if you are in preferred they try very hard to make you feel special bring you to the preferred club give you a drink but you are sitting there while they run back and forth with paperwork then they want to accompany you to your room which is a nice touch but we had four rooms they were running back and forth one couple sitting with two little kids waiting while they brought the others to their rooms it was not necessary we just wanted the keys and get to our rooms so I would suggest check in right in the lobby and get your keys
all aside we had a wonderful time, good food, nice rooms , great pool and beach and we are going back we have been to many many all inclusive resorts in Mexico and Dominican this is a great FAMILY resort

Room Tip: my son liked building 9 first floor which is not a preferred room but it was convenient to lobby and...
1 Thank marshview
Minnetonka, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a bummer. My husband and I decided to take a trip to the Dominican for my birthday week and ended up at Dreams Palm Beach. Upon arrival the greeting staff was pleasant and was eager to assist us with our luggage. When we checked in at the front desk we were told that they could not accommodate for a request of a room with two double beds. That wasn’t a huge deal but more an inconvenience. We received our room keys and started the venture to our room; and a venture is about right.

When we got to our room the key did not work. My husband went back to the front desk and to get new keys and was told that they accidentally gave us the wrong room number so the keys should work in the new room number. We walked all the way back to the “correct” room and the keys still didn’t work. So we went back to the front desk to try and remedy the issue. Finally after that attempt the keys worked. We were told that our luggage will be delivered to the new room now. (Note: this took about an hour to get a key to the right room.) As we walked into the room the door was very hard to open and close. The flooring seemed to be permanently direct although you could see that it was recently cleaned. I unpacked a few things in my carryon that I still had with me since the rest of our luggage was still to be delivered. My husband jumped in the shower and I waited for the luggage. Another 45 minutes went by and still no luggage. I kept looking outside the door in case it was delivered to the original room number that we received, but nothing. I called the front desk and they asked for our luggage ticket numbers and said they would call back. Another 30 minutes passed with no call back so I went to the front desk to investigate. They were unsure why we still hadn’t received it and no one could tell me why I didn’t get a call back. Finally I was escorted into a side room by the front desk where they apparently put unclaimed luggage and belongings. Low-and-behold there was our luggage. This was after I was told that our luggage was already delivered to the room yet it wasn’t at the first room or the current room. At this time I also asked if there were any other rooms available because our door was very hard to open and close and my husband said he wasn’t able to get any hot water for his shower even after standing there for 20 minutes. After a lot of back-and-forth with other employees and a lot of attempts to get me to pay an additional $150/night for an upgraded room (which was a suite the size of an apartment; not even logical for just two people) I was told they could have another room ready for us in 1.5 hours. So I can go back to the current room and wait for them to call with the new room information and to pick up our luggage…again. Bear in mind we still didn’t have our luggage delivered to the second room. I was sick of the delays so I said we would take the third room that was available. Our luggage was delivered to the second room that we waited in then 30 minutes later someone else came back to bring us to the new room.

Skipping ahead to the final room destination (about 3.5 hours after we first arrived at the hotel) the door was actually easy to open and close, which was a good start. The floor still had a permanent dirty look to it. The shower setup is very odd. The floor of the bathroom just flows right into the shower with a drain and very small glass shield next to the shower head to keep water from spraying all over. Well, the water still sprayed all over the bathroom floor regardless. The toilet had a small leak that added to the pooling water after each shower. The shower head did not stay at the top of the shower pole so we had to rig it with a hair binder to stay. The water pressure was pretty poor, but at least we had hot water. The safe in the room did not work because of a low batter and no one ever showed up to remedy our request to have it fixed/battery replaced. Since we never had a working safe we just opted to not have the room serviced other than one time in the week stay. The mini-bar/fridge had only one bottle of Coca Cola in it so we had to request bottles of water. I was lead to believe (and this could very well be my mistake) that there would be some alcohol provided in the room but there was nothing. The room curtains did not stay shut so we had to use a hair clip to keep it from being open two or three inches. Lastly, the beds are on the hard side, but if you enjoy a firmer bed then this shouldn’t be an issue. Just overall I wasn’t a fan of the room comfort and feel.

The gym facility was small but reasonable and well air conditioned. We did not use any of the Spa options. There is a casino, small dance club, and other activities like batting cages and tennis. Again we did not use any of these but we walked around to take a peek. The theatre and casino were very poorly advertised. We found them both only by accident when walking around part of the grounds.

One of the nights during our stay there was a bizarre type set-up that offered many tables of knick-knacks and jewelry to buy. At first this seemed like it could be neat but my husband and I were turned off with how pushy and assertive the people were, which made it very uncomfortable and undesirable to walk to and from our room to the main buildings and lobby bar. We purposely took largely detoured ways to get around in order to specifically avoid the people selling things. It is one thing to just walk by and say hello, but it is another thing to be harassed and basically grabbed in order to come look at stuff the people were selling.

As far as the food goes it was reasonable. It was nothing to write home about though. The buffet was a standard setup with the basic items you would find in most other hotels. We had all three meals offered at some point (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and found that the lunch and dinner was very similar for choices. The Japanese/Hibachi was very good. Sitting at either the hibachi tables or a separate table will yield pretty good food. The Italian restaurant was also very good. The staff was a little inattentive but the food made up for it. The French restaurant was a let-down. The steak was really the only good thing. It is definitely a place for a more eclectic taste but even with that it wasn’t anything that I wanted to go back to. The coffee shop was great. The coffee/espresso choices, pastries, and ambiance was very nice. The staff members were always very happy to greet and take your order with a smile. Although the actual shop was small there were a few tables outside of it to sit at as well.

The general feel of the resort was uninviting. The staff did not reach out to get to know anyone. The attempt to gather people for activities was very minimal while there were few activities that we even heard about throughout the days. It was a far cry from other resorts we have visited where the staff is very friendly and wants to get to know as many guests as they can. I do not foresee my husband and I returning to the resort. It might even be a stretch to go back to the Dominican Republic in general. The airport is awful and requires a ton of time to get through ticketing and security. We were very grateful that being first class allowed us to skip ahead some of the lines, otherwise we would have missed out flight home. Overall, the resort definitely has a great looking website but it didn’t live up to the 4.5 Star rating that it averages. Granted, everyone will have a different experience but we are pretty laid back and can roll with the punches. So as for my husband and I we will not be first to brag about the experience but also will not suggest it to others. But who knows; you may have a better time than we did!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Vineta B
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Preferred beach area too small not enough shades and palapas all full by 6 am
Food was good but service in the restaurants is slow
Regular preferred room small for family with 2 kids has just two full size beds

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with AMResorts

2 Thank Ed V
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say that My daughter, grandchildren and I had a excellent vacation at the Dreams. I was really impressed with the staff and the attention they gave everyone on the resort. I am still in awe about the beauty and manner in the hospitality.
I would like the General Manager to know that I had to contact the American Embassy because I became very ill. Without hesitation Lisselle Dra. Mejia was like a Angel and helped me so much. I will never forget her kindness. She called and checked on me to ensure that I was ok. I had a infection and a rare illness that was progressing. Please give her the highest commendation an employee can get. I feel her expert manner and decision making was beyond approach and she should be recognized for giving our family the best.
My grandson said it best, we will always remember our vacation at the
"Dreams"

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank LadyCEO
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our daughter recently got married at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, and everyone agrees it was simply magnificent. THE WEDDING COORDINATOR: Julie was our wedding coordinator, and I cannot say enough about her… She was the best! She took care of every detail, and was always accessible via a phone she provided for my daughter. Julie translated the judge’s statements during the legal ceremony. She didn’t just repeat the words in English but did so as if she herself was presiding over the ceremony. She translated with feeling and a genuine smile on her face. She made us feel like we were the only wedding party she’d ever assisted when in actuality she has one almost every day. THE WEDDING: My daughter’s symbolic ceremony was held in the gazebo which was beautifully decorated. They don’t skimp on the flowers at all! The flowers which hung from the pillars were later laid on each side of the main centerpiece on the head table at the reception. There were waiters at the end of the recessional with trays filled with champagne for the guests. The security was very subtle but very effective at keeping resort guests from interfering with the ceremony. THE RECEPTION: We missed the cocktail hour because we were with the photographer, but everyone seemed to be having a great time when we arrived. We had a cigar roller there which the men and women alike enjoyed. The reception area was magnificent. The tables were arranged on an island in the middle of the pool. The tables were immaculate, the centerpieces bursting with flowers. There were 17 huge roses on the one I took to make potpourri. It rained three times during the reception; however, the staff was quick to bring umbrellas. I can’t speak for other wedding parties, but it didn’t slow ours down at all. Some people changed into more casual clothes, but even those who didn’t stayed and enjoyed the party through the rain showers. THE PHOTOGRAPHER: Gaston was fantastic. I don’t know why, but I was not expecting the photos to be as creative as they were. I’ve never been happier to be so wrong! Friends have commented on Facebook that they’re the most beautiful wedding pictures they’ve ever seen. Along with his photographic talent, Gaston is the easiest person to work with. He is such a sincerely nice guy! He was great at making sure everyone knew where to be for the pre-wedding photo shoots and clearly outlined everything he was going to do in advance. After the ceremony he flawlessly arranged all 50 guests for a group photo shoot. We were lucky and got Gaston by chance. If you’re getting married at Dreams, ask if you can have him as your photographer. You won’t be disappointed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank thebucks22
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went as a family over the American Thanksgiving holiday week. Four years ago we did this as a husband and wife only at another resort in another country. So we had some expectations built in for this trip.

The events and activities at this resort seemed like a lot of fun. Our child is small and we did not feel like she would have fun at the Explorers Club. She did join in with the kids every now and again and had a great time. If you are going and want the kids to have some away time from the parents then this resort would get amazing grades for that. The overall adult festivities were fun and the staff was active in recruiting people to play the games. We were always off at the pools or the beaches and missed a lot of this. Live music was always good. A band on Thanksgiving day was really strong, played modern and classic rock songs. Several other varieties throughout the week.

The beach. The overall beach area was great. large sandy area with lots of chairs and tents. The actual water was a bit laden with seeweed and sticks and some garbage. That section of beach was almost like a collection point. Also the government of that country owns the beaches some no "Private" beach. Lots of vendors selling stuff and offering a call of Looky Looky for those new folks who had not fallen for the hard sell. The watersports place had the most pushy sales folks. But all and all just say no and walk away and all is fine. But the beach itself is gorgeous. Just walk down the beach away from the marina. After about a half mile or a mile there is a point at which the water and sand are pristine. Clear water and soft sand. Great for a long swim.

The food. Some people may head to an all inclusive and expect top notch dining at every meal. Don't ever think that. They are feeding a mass of people and it will be assembly line production at most all resorts. This was no different. Some buffet foods were good. Some were outright bad. Same for the restaurants that are only open for dinner. But in general the French (adult only) and the japanese restaurants were the best. Italian was alright. The Mexican wasn't very good. Seaside grill was hit and miss. Some in our group got amazing meals and others not so good. All in all the food is not very good, but if you are not a picky eater you can find something that tastes good at any meal at any restaurant. The Thanksgiving food was turkey... there were a couple of other items but by no means a spread of Turkey Day goodies. They had a cream gravy next to a brown gravy. I covered my taters and turkey with it only to discover it was a "cranberry sauce". Their interpretation of cranberry sauce was a sweetened gravy that you cover your turkey in. I hate sweets, it was gross. Turkey itself was good, but it was the only real Thanksgiving food at the buffet. My last trip over this holiday had great food and they tried hard to match the American food. This was a bare minimum attempt. But it was an attempt, so I give them credit for that.

Staff was very friendly and fun. They engaged the kiddos and always said Hola when they walked by. We like the service a lot. However it was a highly tip encouraged resort. I had read that in other reviews so I was ready. A dollar here and there, some fives for bigger stuff, and maybe a 10 or 20 for the butler or the explorer club babysitters. Nothing crazy but if you don't bring cash then you will often feel uncomfortable. Making change is tough too so plan to bring lots of singles. In general though the tips were well appreciated and the staff was happy to see it. So like I said it was not required to tip but it was rewarded.

Bars and drinks. Drink were not great. There were some good things but overall they had a limited menu and it was identical across the resort. No specialties at one bar or any bartender built drinks. If you tried to order off the menu they would accommodate but it would not usually be the best drinks. The concept here was limited bars but many servers. Since there were limited bars there was usually a wait for drinks if you just walked up. But that wasn't a problem and I never waited more than five minutes or so. The waiters were slow because they had a long way to walk and lots of drinks/people to think about. If you tipped well and just said "another one" then you would usually not go dry. But if you skipped a round you were better off to go get the next one yourself if you had an urge for one 5 minutes later. They set up portable bars here and there from time to time. But there was rarely more than 3 spots to go and get a drink. Not a large property, so a walk to a bar was not a terrible inconvenience.

The vendor nights were annoying. Happened twice while we were there. They let in tables of VERY pushy sales folks. Selling trinkets and nicknacks along with cultural and local based items. It really was annoying when you wanted to stroll by the pools slowly to dinner and had to deal with these folks. That was a fairly annoying part of the resort. Enough to make me want to look elsewhere for a future trip.

All in all it was a relaxing trip and much like any vacation there will be goods and bads and it is up to you to make the most of the trip. We did a lot of fun things.

Room Tip: Go ahead and pay for preferred. The buildings are in a better location and they have lots of additi...
3 Thank FTW_TRAVELER81