The worst thing for me about this holiday was the 10 hour 40 min flight !! We stopped at Antiga for over an hour each way, try to get a direct flight if you can !!! It can save you 2 hours !!
Having said that, the hotel was well worth the journey. We paid for preferred club and I would highly recommend it. Its true, on the beach and around the preferred club pool nobody checked if you were preferred club or not but your room was nicer and you can eat breakfast and lunch in the seaside grill, a lovely little restaurant right on the beach as apposed to the buffet restaurant which you serve yourself and is very hot. You can also use the preferred club lounge for drinks which was great as there was hardly anyone else in there and it was air conditioned !!
Our room was lovely, with a Jacuzzi bath and double sinks in the bathroom. The room was a good size. Our air conditioning worked fine and it was cleaned 2 or 3 times a day !! The mini bar was a bit sparse on arrival, a couple of bottles of water and some fizzy drinks. We started leaving a couple of dollars in the mini fridge for the guy who restocks and that seemed to work a treat. After that we received beer, mini bottles of spirits and pringles, chocolate etc. Room service is 24 hours and you can order food and drink any time. We met a couple who had a bottle of rum sent up to their room !!! We stayed in room 5209, The most comfortable hotel bed ever !!!! near to everything and quiet at night. Preferred club beach right outside with beach beds with comfy cushions !!
The themed restaurants were lovely.we tried French, Italian and Asian. These were air conditioned with great service and really nice food. You must try the surf and turf in the French restaurant, Best fillet steak I have ever eaten !!
The barman in the lobby bar makes the best cocktails with all branded alcohol. There are plenty of seats, comfy sofas etc to relax in here but we found it very hot as it is mainly open air which is why we preferred the preferred club lounge bar with its air conditioning.
The entertainment team work hard to get guests involved with something if they want to. We were made aware of various things going on but not pushed to do any of them if we did not want to. We found out quite late in the holiday that if you take part in any of it you are given resort dollars and if you win a game then you are given extra resort dollars. These can be used to pay for treatments in the spa, water sports and can get you bottles of rum in the nightly auction !! We went to 2 shows in the theater, the first was ok with entertainment staff miming and dressed as pop stars !! The second show was a comedy show and it was terrible !! We had to leave as we were embarrassed for them !! We didnt bother to go again after that !!
We did not do any trips while here. To be honest no one approached us about this. We could have gone and asked someone but I was finding most things expensive so didn't bother ! The spa wanted about $136 for a 20min back massage !!! The para sailing was about $100 for 2 people and lasted about 10mins. The gift shop was really expensive, $6 for a small fridge magnet, $12 for shower gel !!!! However, we wandered out the front of the hotel one day to a local group of gift shops and we found them cheaper but they were very pushy and we did not like the experience !!
All in all we were very happy with this hotel, all staff are very friendly we particularly liked Marcia in the preferred club lounge as she was always happy and sang and danced while going about her work. She made us feel happy !!!
We met 2 young girls at the airport on the way home who had stayed in the hotel next door BeLive and they said theirs wasnt that good. Full of Russians and stray dogs !!!!!
Dreams Palm Beach is very relaxing, food and drink brought to your sunbeds !! Lovely weather and very clean. Would we return ??? Yes, if I can get up the nerve for that awful flight !!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro