Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Naragua(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
11,165 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafepedro tomascoco cafeentertainment teamcandy manpreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitelobby barwedding coordinatorsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have travelled to Dreams Palm Beach with 3 kids (6, 13 and 15) from 14th-21st March .. This resort has absolutely exceeded my expectations. For my 6 year old they had the Explorer Club with really caring and fun staff .. thank you Pinky ! I often couldn't get my son to spend more time with me because he didn't want to miss out on activities at the Explorer Club and being with his new friends.. The St.Patrick's celebration was amazing. Generally, apart from the beautiful beach, great pools and food - what really stood out was how genuinely friendly the staff was.. The entertainment team was funny, fresh and very enthusiastic. My teenagers, whom I usually can't get out of bed, were motivated to take part in the Zumba classes, beach volleyball, Spanish classes etc. and the night entertainment was a must. Will definitely go again .. Thank you

Room Tip: I liked the room on the ground level .. it was practical for me with my 6 year old ..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank IngridToronto
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you so much for having chosen us as your vacation destination and for sharing such wonderful comments with other reviewers through this Forum.

We are extremely happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and your children’s as well, especially your 6 year old who found our Explorer’s Club to be really fun. It’s great you enjoyed our St. Patrick’s celebration amazing, also all the activities that took place by our entertainment staff.

It was a pleasure to have served you; we will be waiting for you and your family to make your next stay even more pleasurable here at you home away from home.

Warm regards

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Dreams palm beach is described in the brochure as Unlimited Luxury. We noticed that the reviews for this hotel are very divided but decided to book and make up our own minds.
I loved the cosy lay out of the hotel and the gardens were lovely and well kept, we just found that lots of things let it down for what could be a wonderful hotel.
Dreams Palm Beach is not in my opinion a 5* hotel, so many things were stated in the brochure and not received, and to me it's all these little touches that make a hotel 5*, but there was no consistency in the service received.
Twice a week sellers are allowed to set up stalls around the pool area to sell their goods, on making our way back to our room we were hassled by the sellers who just don't take no for an answer!! I feel that it is wrong that these sellers are allowed into the hotel grounds, it would be better if they were outside the hotel and people were given the choice to go out there and buy goods.

Pros:
1)The beautiful gardens are well kept
2)Heated pool, so not ice cold :-z
3)Most of the staff were polite and helpful, and a few went out of their way for us
4) Variety of food in the buffet
5)Coco Cafe is a nice addition

Cons:
1)It is pure luck whether you get your welcome drink on arrival
2)No robes and slippers in room as advertised
3)The bedrooms are VERY dated and appliances, patio door locks etc broken
4)Some middle management seem disinterested in helping with problems
5)When the pool was cleaned during the morning they would spray the side and then rinse their cloths in the pool, by lunchtime there were rings of grease floating in the pool and also a lot of bugs that they had missed.
6) Some staff were rude and only polite when they wanted a tip
7) Most days we were seated at a table i the buffet restaurant and had to find cutlery etc from other tables as none of the tables were ever fully set
8) To get a room anywhere near what you would expect from a 5* room you will have to pay to upgrade to a preferred room

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kokomo65

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for sharing along your comments, which are of extreme importance to us as it provides us with a helpful contribution on the areas of opportunity. Being a service oriented company our main goal is to achieve our guests’ complete happiness and fulfill all expectations.

We do advertise welcome drinks and cool towels upon guests’ arrival as well as bath ropes and slippers in every room. It is very surprising to learn that these services were not available for you. Furthermore, that the room was not to your standards and that no one was interested in helping you. The management staff are always available, are all about pleasing and making our guests happy.

We have pool concierges that can be seen around the pool area all day in charge of making sure the pools are cleaned according to international standards for our guest enjoyment. In regards to the bugs, this is a tropical country and therefore has different kinds of insects. We do manage to control the insect population by spraying the resort almost daily and as said before Pool concierges takes care of keeping them out of the pool.

Our staff is one of our main assets and their friendliness and hospitality is one of the things our guests enjoy the most. Our staff work for the pleasure of making our guests happy and because they enjoy their job very much. In addition, tips are optional; it is up to our guests to tip if they wished to.

All rooms are filled with luxury amenities and comfort. As in all hotels the most expensive rooms tend to be larger in size and more luxurious and in our case in a more exclusive part of our resort.

We apologize that we failed to make you join the hundreds of guests we have managed to make happy on a daily basis; know it was never our intention. We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future and be able to turn this experience around.

Kind regards,

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1606

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just got back from a seven day stay at the Dreams Palms,3/18-3/25.Pro's, great staff, pool was clean, grounds are well maintained. Food is average. Buildings and guest rooms are in need of upgrading.Shower doors in bathrooms need to be replaced with sliding glass doors, that way the water stays in the shower and not all over the bathroom floor. If you want top shelf booze,such as grey goose forget it! For a six apple rated resort, I expected better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pjetzer

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sending along your comments and experiences regarding your stay with us; please know that your opinion is of the utmost importance to us.

We understand how important vacations are to our travelers and the amount of time and effort put into them, sometimes months prior to them; we take time not only to thoroughly research each remark and observation but also to take action and get hands-on on every review we receive on this website. Rest assured that this has already been addressed to our management team.

Again we apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations; know that it was not our intention to disappoint you in any way. There is always room for improvement and we hope to be able to serve you again to be able to regain your confidence in Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana.

Warmest regards,

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1606

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We travelled with 2 young girls that are 8yrs old and we had a great relaxing time. The food, the activities for the kids, the entertainment at night, and the service was great. We took the preferred package and we think it was well work it. The resort was beautiful, clean and very safe for our kids.

Thanks again to Angel, Rosa , and Kary!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This resort was great! I traveled alone (66 yrs old). I felt very safe, even so I did get "my butlers" Wilson, and company. I received a cel from them so I could call them 24-7, so I knew they were at my beck and call!! They were wonderful! Cost only $99 for 7 days! Well worth it, especially the greeting I received when ever we would see each other on the resort grounds. I have no complaints about this resort except they don't allow flip flops in some of the restaurants, so take dress shoes ladies. Perhaps that rule needs to be changed because I saw many "dressy flips flops that were quite appropriate . Personally I never tested the system so I ate in the buffet or had room service the whole week. Breakfast on the balcony was fab. Maids were awesome, decorating my room with flowers and tying my curtains in a cascading bow with flowers at the knot! So sweet and worth giving a tip!! For the price, it was just what the doctor ordered!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Suzieshatz

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We appreciate your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us and we are flattered that you chose us as your vacation destination.

It is such a great feeling to know that our marvelous butler team was able to make you feel safe and took good care of you. In regards to the dress code at the restaurants a la carte, we advertise it is casual elegant; we are trying to create a more sophisticated atmosphere, that’s why no sandals are allowed.

We hope the doctor keeps prescribing you a dosage of Dreams for your next vacation and our butlers and staff are all looking forward to pampering you and serving you once more.

Best regards,